FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Quarantine curfew in the Western Province will continue till 09 November

Quarantine curfew in the Western Province will continue till 09 November

+15
dentos
Captain
dayandacool
hiransilva23
Junior investor
කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020
jaya
hanuma
ChooBoy
heroxhere
Promoney
samaritan
geesura
nish84
Quibit
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

dayandacool


Moderator
Moderator
@Junior investor wrote:lets find out tomorrow weather our folks have learned the lesson of panic selling. my guess is No

හෙට බලාගන්න පුලුවන් අපේ අය පාඩමක් ඉගෙන ගත්තද නැද්ද කියලා. මම හිතන්නෙ නෑ කියලා

In an economy driven on debt, do you expect all the retailers to be long term investors? Most of them are under margins and at the mercy of margin calls. Very few that are not, they too lack patience to hold on. Story of retailers in CSE!!!

ChooBoy likes this post

jaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@dayandacool wrote:
@Junior investor wrote:lets find out tomorrow weather our folks have learned the lesson of panic selling. my guess is No

හෙට බලාගන්න පුලුවන් අපේ අය පාඩමක් ඉගෙන ගත්තද නැද්ද කියලා. මම හිතන්නෙ නෑ කියලා

In an economy driven on debt, do you expect all the retailers to be long term investors? Most of them are under margins and at the mercy of margin calls. Very few that are not, they too lack patience to hold on. Story of retailers in CSE!!!
Most of margin was cleared by at end of the month, I don’t think any pressure from margin providers.

Captain


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Something to ponder about . Interesting one .

The number of deaths in the world in the last 3 months of 2020

314,687 : Corona virus

369,602 : Common cold

340,584 : Malaria

353,696 : suicide

393,479 : road accidents

240,950 : HIV

558,471 : alcohol

816,498 : smoking

1,167,714: Cancer

_Then do you think Corona is dangerous?_

Or

is the purpose of the media campaign to settle the trade war between China and America

or

to reduce financial markets to prepare the stage of financial markets for mergers and acquisitions

or

to sell US Treasury bonds to cover the fiscal deficit in them

Or

Is it a Panic created by Pharma companies to sell their products like sanitizer, masks, medicine etc.

Do not Panic & don't kill yourself with unecessary fear. This posting is to balance your newsfeed from posts that caused fear and panic.

3,338,724 People are sick with Coronavirus at the moment, of which 3,200,000 are abroad. This means that if you are not in or haven't recently visited any foreign country, this should eliminate 95% of your concern.

If you do contact Coronavirus, this still is not a cause for panic because:

81% of the Cases are MILD

14% of the Cases are MODERATE

Only 5% of the Cases are CRITICAL

Which means that even if you do get the virus, you are most likely to recover from it.

Some have said, “but this is worse than SARS and SWINEFLU!” SARS had a fatality rate of 10%, Swine flu 28% while COVID-19 has a fatality rate of 2%


26,283 people died of Cancer

24,641 people died of Heart Disease

4,300 people died of Diabetes

Suicide took 28 times more lives than the virus did.

Mosquitoes kill 2,740 people every day, HUMANS kill 1,300 fellow humans every day, and Snakes kill 137 people every day. (Sharks kill 2 people a year)

SO DO THE DAILY THINGS TO SUPPORT YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM , PROPER HYGIENE AND DO NOT LIVE IN FEAR.

Join to Spread *Hope* instead of *_Fear._* 🙏🏽

The Biggest Virus is not Corona Virus but Fear!

*SHARE TO STOP PANIC.*

hiransilva23, Mithooshan and geesura like this post

dentos


Stock Trader
@Junior investor wrote:lets find out tomorrow weather our folks have learned the lesson of panic selling. my guess is No

හෙට බලාගන්න පුලුවන් අපේ අය පාඩමක් ඉගෙන ගත්තද නැද්ද කියලා. මම හිතන්නෙ නෑ කියලා
some people are trying to drop the market intentionally while others are forcibly trying to keep the momentum up totally forgetting the facts. When one party trying to persuade people to sell others are forcing to buy. This is not a
Great situation either to sell or buy. COVID vaccines will not be a reality to us at least for three months even they announce it tomorrow. Will only be a market candy for few days. If we think we can swim upstream to 7000 ASPI while the entire world is in a dilemma they must have smoked pot. Yeah it will be possible but not in the coming two months.

geesura likes this post

Hope123


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@jaya wrote:
@dayandacool wrote:
@Junior investor wrote:lets find out tomorrow weather our folks have learned the lesson of panic selling. my guess is No

හෙට බලාගන්න පුලුවන් අපේ අය පාඩමක් ඉගෙන ගත්තද නැද්ද කියලා. මම හිතන්නෙ නෑ කියලා

In an economy driven on debt, do you expect all the retailers to be long term investors? Most of them are under margins and at the mercy of margin calls. Very few that are not, they too lack patience to hold on. Story of retailers in CSE!!!
Most of margin was cleared by at end of the month, I don’t think any pressure from margin providers.


Yeah, agree.

"it's not good to fish in trouble waters". 




dayandacool

dayandacool
Moderator
Moderator
@Captain wrote:Something to ponder about . Interesting one .

The number of deaths in the world in the last 3 months of 2020

314,687 : Corona virus

369,602 : Common cold

340,584 : Malaria

353,696 : suicide

393,479 : road accidents

240,950 : HIV

558,471 : alcohol

816,498 : smoking

1,167,714: Cancer

_Then do you think Corona is dangerous?_

Or

is the purpose of the media campaign to settle the trade war between China and America

or

to reduce financial markets to prepare the stage of financial markets for mergers and acquisitions

or

to sell US Treasury bonds to cover the fiscal deficit in them

Or

Is it a Panic created by Pharma companies to sell their products like sanitizer, masks, medicine etc.

Do not Panic & don't kill yourself with unecessary fear. This posting is to balance your newsfeed from posts that caused fear and panic.

3,338,724 People are sick with Coronavirus at the moment, of which 3,200,000 are abroad. This means that if you are not in or haven't recently visited any foreign country, this should eliminate 95% of your concern.

If you do contact Coronavirus, this still is not a cause for panic because:

81% of the Cases are MILD

14% of the Cases are MODERATE

Only 5% of the Cases are CRITICAL

Which means that even if you do get the virus, you are most likely to recover from it.

Some have said, “but this is worse than SARS and SWINEFLU!”  SARS had a fatality rate of 10%, Swine flu 28% while COVID-19 has a fatality rate of 2%


26,283 people died of Cancer

24,641 people died of Heart Disease

4,300 people died of Diabetes

Suicide took 28 times more lives than the virus did.

Mosquitoes kill 2,740 people every day, HUMANS kill 1,300 fellow humans every day, and Snakes kill 137 people every day. (Sharks kill 2 people a year)

SO DO THE DAILY THINGS TO SUPPORT YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM , PROPER HYGIENE AND DO NOT LIVE  IN FEAR.

Join to Spread *Hope* instead of *_Fear._* 🙏🏽

The Biggest Virus is not Corona Virus but Fear!

*SHARE TO STOP PANIC.*

If you are taking Covid lightly, I only have one thing to tell you. Out of the list of diseases you posted, Only common cold is viral through human subjects. All the other illnesses are not viral. You don't seem to  understand the risk it poses, specially to a country having a population of 12.4% of elders. Needless to say, in our country, most of the prominent roles are played by the elders. Shocked Shocked

While it is good to be optimistic, False sense of Optimism can hurt you badly. Speak to Donald trump if you don't agree!!!



Last edited by dayandacool on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

dentos likes this post

dayandacool

dayandacool
Moderator
Moderator
@Hope123 wrote:
@jaya wrote:
@dayandacool wrote:
@Junior investor wrote:lets find out tomorrow weather our folks have learned the lesson of panic selling. my guess is No

හෙට බලාගන්න පුලුවන් අපේ අය පාඩමක් ඉගෙන ගත්තද නැද්ද කියලා. මම හිතන්නෙ නෑ කියලා

In an economy driven on debt, do you expect all the retailers to be long term investors? Most of them are under margins and at the mercy of margin calls. Very few that are not, they too lack patience to hold on. Story of retailers in CSE!!!
Most of margin was cleared by at end of the month, I don’t think any pressure from margin providers.


Yeah, agree.

"it's not good to fish in trouble waters". 




@ Hope123,

T+3 bro, What do you think made the ASI jump 126 points amid a chaotic Covid record on Thursday?? HNWIs? Foreigners?? Nope. They were all retailers rushing in to buy the same stocks they had sold couple of days back.Panic selling is something that they will keep on doing till the ASI lasts!!!

judecroos and geesura like this post

madukp


Expert
Expert
Expecting another round of big selling somewhere in next week or soon, Wise ppl will collect!

judecroos likes this post

fireshelter

fireshelter
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Be strong and collect valuable

judecroos and geesura like this post

fireshelter

fireshelter
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
with confirmation of vaccine Bull will start

dentos


Stock Trader
you see high numbers of Discharge because the ministry has altered the discharge criteria to reduce the burden on hospitals. Not all who were discharged are COVID free. But has shown the signs of developing immunity against the disease. Check the ministry circulars if you doubt what I say. And now they have introduced a new phone number. Stay at home and inform if you develop severe disease. Government is taking maximum effort to keep the health sector healthy while some try to keep the economy healthy. Good thing on both ends. But let’s be factual.

judecroos likes this post

jmnaleem


Stock Trader
Curfew in Western Province to be lifted on Monday - Army Commander 

https://www.hirunews.lk/english/254040/curfew-in-western-province-to-be-lifted-on-monday-army-commander

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum