FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TIME TO CALL SLT ?
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

» RWSL - WATCH
by sureshot Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)

+205
RajapaksaDON
KingMaker2020
lakymahesh
Citizen Silva
Detective
sheildskye
reyaz
Value Pick
LEO55
mmirzan1
Hairoos
Truth Seeker
FireandWater
wisdom79
කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020
Master D
cseguide
fireshelter
EPS
subash81
DKbogols
thananjey
Mr. X
kumarweerarathne
EGG
Inthikahb M Wazeer
jason12
geesura
dilshangac
Ahilan007
kanishkaecomm
Don't Be Poor
Stockdine
gosrilanka
Stockmudalali
anges
shan31
Promoney
dakzsl
sachinthana87
celtic tiger
engineer
pra4u
shihan 93
ONTHEMONEY
Equity Suda
KavinduTM
judecroos
arun.cse
Eranga87
nish84
Hope123
Kipling
Mithooshan
hanuma
Pradeep90
Love Boy
abey
vikey
SUSPENS
stockback
King of vice
dilshant
thankrishan
Captain
RashidA
Beta1
Invest-Wise
soileconomy
bhanu
Sadun
insidertrader
rijayasooriya
CapitalK
ISURU
ruwan49
Investor99
Jana
Lam
nahsuk
lbnnirmal
thilankad
maalinda
Revolution
jake
LateTackle
dsam
surf
asliyanage
djdila
madumal2005
wgsaman
enslive
uanuradha
Fresher
JennyFunny
sivakajan
widanage
stumpy
swan03
sramachandra
kadik
salimts
Pichchiya
Belgrade
udul
salt
hunter
SS
shar
Rstock
wallstreetguy
DK
Intrinsic
Business Basil
FXX
ipoguru
Leo_pold
bart
saaj
Rajitha
xhora
amibroker
MarketSIRA
kam2011
Niggard
marketsee
duke
dinusl
CHRONICLE™
bandu7
rizjiji
Quibit
Light of Hope
Mr. Frodo
nalakaum
taniya1111
wis
Meta Trader
tata
Amila86
swarnasana
2011_NewComer
uditha9
shaankh
is
chamil
Chinwi
StocksWatch
manula
mark
avilon
npc86
rocksan
MoneyMaker
DXB2252
gamaya
hhperera
KPMG
Soundchips
investor1984
MHS
Antonym
FKhamissa
babytrader
ssb
SL.Market
UKboy
yoyo
tkc
kavi84
csekanex@gmail.com
pdgsuranga
kumaramcr
wiser
glwking
Academic
innam
TuskerLK
factFINDER
Slstock
tubal
econ
Chabbi
mzm
Aamiable
seyon
cse.alpha
TelesHope
milanka
smallville
Gaja
million
hotstock
achala75
kiri
own
ndnk
thambi
rahula
$$$
Monster
dimuthubas
damee
209 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 40]

126EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:45 pm

innam

Manager - Equity Analytics

babytrader wrote:
innam wrote:let me repeat the key points of my reply again just to make it clear one FINAL time.....as i've said before you can lead a horse to water but....

-keep in mind i'm not talking about the return you can get from the IPO,
-what i and a few other posters are pointing out is that a select group of people got shares at 6 less than six months ago
-while retailers are now expected to pay 14
-remember for someone who got shares at 6 even selling at 9 rupees will deliver a 50% return.....

innam agree with you. Just one point of clarification. Just wondering if the cost of investors in the private placement should be more than Rs 6 ?... if you look at table 12, example JKH got 4.67% pre-IPO share.. but with the IPO its share becomes 4.26%.

I mean there is a dilution of shares right ? ... so the cost would be 6.60 ? which is still a very good discount

just keep things simple....pre-IPO JKH owns 83.3 million shares (@6), post-IPO they still own 83.3 million shares (@6) don't get hung up over the percentage ownership.....
let me repeat my point slightly differently, will JKH sit and wait for rosy magical EPS increases from debt/working capital reductions or will they pull the trigger and sell the shares they got for 6 for an easy 50%-100% return?

127EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Antonym

Vice President - Equity Analytics

@innam: Some good insights there! I appreciate your diligence in going through the prospectus and making things clear to us... And the patient repetition of the key message!

If I was JKH, I wouldn't 'sit and wait'... Forewarned is forearmed, I hope! Smile

128EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:24 am

FKhamissa

Stock Trader

Point to ponder.. why will JKH, Ceylon investment, Lanka Strategic investment, Softlogic, Falcon trading, Timex garments (companies that received the largest junk of the private placement according to the prospectus) all of who are as big as EXPO by them selves with some of the best financial analysts dump a share at less than its true value when they know that it is worth well more based on current industry valuations.

its like owning car worth 4 million in the market today.. but selling it for 3 million just cuz you bought it for 2 million.. these big investment fund didnt become big by selling their investments off cheap.

129EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:42 am

MHS

Stock Trader

FKhamissa wrote:
Point to ponder.. why will JKH, Ceylon investment, Lanka Strategic investment, Softlogic, Falcon trading, Timex garments (companies that received the largest junk of the private placement according to the prospectus) all of who are as big as EXPO by them selves with some of the best financial analysts dump a share at less than its true value when they know that it is worth well more based on current industry valuations.

its like owning car worth 4 million in the market today.. but selling it for 3 million just cuz you bought it for 2 million.. these big investment fund didnt become big by selling their investments off cheap.

Good Point!!That makes sense.

I heard from Aquity stock brokers that there were some private sales of Expo (grey market) at 23 rupees by people who had bought at the private placement. according to my broker people were desperate to buy at around 20 rupees but couldn't find any one to sell. so if any of the big investors wanted to dump and make a quick profit they had the opportunity.

130EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 am

econ

Global Moderator

I think SEC should introduce rules to stop private placement just before IPO at lower price. if any company want to give shares to their friends or other big players they should give it same price as IPO price . otherwise this is unethical. this is just fooling retailers.
we should avoid these type of IPOs.

131EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:48 am

pdgsuranga

pdgsuranga
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

company have to think about private placement before the IPO. Why they playing with small investments. We should avoid them.

132EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:36 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

econ wrote:I think SEC should introduce rules to stop private placement just before IPO at lower price. if any company want to give shares to their friends or other big players they should give it same price as IPO price . otherwise this is unethical. this is just fooling retailers.
we should avoid these type of IPOs.

Well the problem is; this is not pre-ipo stage.. sometime around 6 months back.. SEC cant do anything abt this, as if a company wants to raise capital intervene of SEC would result in a company getting a loss incurred at that stage without cash requirements for intended projects and so forth .. And its not ethical stopping a company from further investments though..

But why EXPO had to sell the shares at a mere Rs.6/- to another party and they value share @14 now at the IPO stage is the golden question we have to find answers to...

As Innam clearly pointed out,
Its not abt how much return we get.. can be 10-50% or even less
Its abt why we pay 14 when others have got it at 6? Have the retailers been taken as fools???
Again if some party starts dumping at even 15, the share may end up in going negative track..

133EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:44 am

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

FKhamissa wrote:

Agreed, EXPO is running in good business model. Now the issue is Private placement / sell down taken place @ Rs.6 and IPO comes @ Rs.14.. As u said, these strategic investors had done good analysis, whether to invest @ Rs.6 not @ Rs.14

As innam pointed out, If these investors sell their shares even @ Rs.9-Rs.10 with huge return....??? Ok to be positive, let us assume these strategic investors will not sell until to see rosy picture of the financial....

How will be the behavior of shareholders representing others with 130Mn shares???????... These might have allotted to friends,family and relatives or other institutional investors... We can not rely on them...

Happy trading...

Last edited by seyon on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total

134EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:45 am

investor1984

investor1984

Yes.. big companies take us for a ride.. its bad.. but we cant do anything about it.. But do we really have to talk much about WAPO dumping their sweet heart deal on first day??? I don't think so, if EXPO worth @ 16 , i don't care.. I will apply for IPO.. I don't bother about the price others got, its in a way good that if WAPO gonna dump, then price will go below 16 and i can collect more.. Why are we all so concerned only about the first day trading price??? Isn't EXPO a share worth holding for long time???????

135EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:10 pm

smallville

smallville

investor1984 wrote:Yes.. big companies take us for a ride.. its bad.. but we cant do anything about it.. But do we really have to talk much about WAPO dumping their sweet heart deal on first day??? I don't think so, if EXPO worth @ 16 , i don't care.. I will apply for IPO.. I don't bother about the price others got, its in a way good that if WAPO gonna dump, then price will go below 16 and i can collect more.. Why are we all so concerned only about the first day trading price??? Isn't EXPO a share worth holding for long time???????

May be we can collect more and be the hard-core investors of EXPO in big time Wink I was thinking, why not being long term investors of this company.. its also said to be a blu chip, isn't it? Twisted Evil

But we should not weep over the stupidity.. if any company dump shares and the price goes down we'll have to catch it from the lowest levels like ppl did in PCH.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

136EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Expo Lanka - Interview with CEO Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:05 am

milanka

milanka

Important note from the interview :-

Instead of issuing new shares , the original shareholders, partly solddown during last year Rs. 1.9 Bn PP, which based on Fundamentals at that time was priced at Rs. 6 per share. The PP saw entry of some of the highly respected respected companies and Investors.

Funds raised thru PP didn't go in to pockets of shareholders but reinvested in the company.

Full Interview on ft.lk today.

http://www.ft.lk/2011/04/25/expolanka-excelling-by-being-extraordinary/

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

137EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:22 am

smallville

smallville

Now only they've shed some light on it.. but they say the intrinsic value at that time was Rs.6/- but how come it got more than double in quite a small time frame?
Anyways, still the argument prevails.. We still cannot say whether the cars group would not go for a capital gain without wait Wink

138EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:29 am

Soundchips

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

http://vanguard1.vanguardlk.com/lbo/fullstory.php?nid=1640706196

Are they long term investments... JKH might keep them as long term investments.... foreign funds were also interested ...

139EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:38 am

cse.alpha

Note 4.5 on page 60 of the Expo Prospectus says that the Rs.1.9 billion private placement was done in December 2010. The shares were valued at Rs.6 then.

Although report says funds from pvt placement was reinvested in group by retiring debt, it is difficult to reconcile this statement with Expo balance sheet as at 31/12/10.

140EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:34 am

Academic

milanka wrote:Important note from the interview :-

Instead of issuing new shares , the original shareholders, partly solddown during last year Rs. 1.9 Bn PP, which based on Fundamentals at that time was priced at Rs. 6 per share. The PP saw entry of some of the highly respected respected companies and Investors.

Funds raised thru PP didn't go in to pockets of shareholders but reinvested in the company.

Full Interview on ft.lk today.

http://www.ft.lk/2011/04/25/expolanka-excelling-by-being-extraordinary/

"The number of fully paid ordinary shares of Expolanka Holdings Limited at the time of lodgment of the application on 25th March 2011 is 1,782,915,000 shares. There were no shares issued for two (02) years preceding the date of the prospectus." (p.44 of the Prospectus).

However, in the same page it is indicated transfer of 316,667,500 shares from existing shareholders (at the time). By mutliplying this by Rs 6, it become 1.9 billion.

Implications.

1. 1.9 billion issue in the above article is seems to be a sell out of existing shares . This further confirms as the prospectus says they had no new share issues for 2 years

2. So it is not a private placement according to SEC directives.

3. So anyone purchase at 6 can sell it immediately without waiting one year.

By considering all above the statement "Funds raised thru PP didn't go in to pockets of shareholders but reinvested in the company" seems to be a lie. Because once existing owners sell shares that money goes to respective owners pocket. Not like a sole-proprietorship in a company if owners bring equity capital to a company it should be through a new share issue. Since they have not issue any new share recently, this reinvestment claim deemed unacceptable.

Further, can anyone justify what economic or company specific changes made Expo worth 14/6=2.33 times just within 6 months?

141EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:52 am

Academic

cse.alpha wrote:Note 4.5 on page 60 of the Expo Prospectus says that the Rs.1.9 billion private placement was done in December 2010. The shares were valued at Rs.6 then.

Although report says funds from pvt placement was reinvested in group by retiring debt, it is difficult to reconcile this statement with Expo balance sheet as at 31/12/10.

In the note they say "The private placement was a transfer of shares from existing shareholders of the Company (the promoters) to new investors. The Company’s obligations in this agreement are not
material to its ordinary business activities."

1. This confirms it is not a new issue.
2. What is the agreement?

142EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Expo Lanka Holding Limited - IPO Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:18 pm

KPMG

KPMG

Expo Lanka Holding Limited, another IPO.As usual our retails investors are very busy to find cash to apply for said ipo.Some time they sell their good stocks to find cash. Who cares prospectus? Why? Every IPO share price is going up in first day. So no need to read prospectus and best thing is applying all IPOs. Do you think same? We think that most of our retail investors think so. Companies, those come to IPOs, they know how our investors think and they value their IPO price with smart premium and rest will be handed over to our investors. They are doing job well. Finally IPO is oversubscribed by many times.
If above comments is not relevant to you, please forget it.
Here we would like to highlight few points regarding Expo Lanka Holding Limited.

· Stated capital of the company Rs.1,782,915,000/=.its equal to issued no of shares (before IPO).This means promoters cost of shares is Rs.1.if directors sell 127,351,071 shares @14,their cost for the company is zero. They can do this without changing major shareholding.
· 15%, out of IPO shares will be allocated to employees, its means 25,800,000 no of shares. In addition to this another 2,678,500 shares will be allocated on May 2011 under ESOP. some time they may dump their holding in first day,if they feel,price is getting down and they know their company real value.
· 316,667,500 shares were transferred @ rs.6.we can’t say exactly their decision on first trading day. but we know if they sell @14,they will get a wonderful capital gain (14-6).
· ROE of the company is 15%, EPS .711 for nine months ended including major one off income, Book value per shares 2.41 after IPO increased to 3.42.pls make your valuation.
· Company has declared dividend for the nine months ended 31st December 2011,cents 0.121.this reduced further cost of a share of directors
· During the year Rs.100,626,192 has been granted to directors as advance

Note. If you think that above comments are wrong, please discuss with us. And also we would like to say that above are our views. Please make your own analysis or contact your advisor for relevant decision making.

http://sinhalainvestor.blogspot.com/2011/04/expo-lanka-holding-limited-ipo.html?spref=fb

143EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Is Expo Lanka Worth @ 14 When PP was @ 6 Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 pm

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Is Expo Lanka Worth @ 14 When PP was @ 6.

There are many schools of thought.

Personally I plan on waiting for the share to come into the market and eventually see the behavior and buy if it performs positively.

Whats yours?

144EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:48 pm

seyon

MoneyMaker wrote:Is Expo Lanka Worth @ 14 When PP was @ 6.

There are many schools of thought.

Personally I plan on waiting for the share to come into the market and eventually see the behavior and buy if it performs positively.

Whats yours?

Just view the lengthy discussion http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t2882-expolanka-facts-from-prospectus-valuation

145EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:31 pm

MHS

Stock Trader

innam wrote:the IPO price you might say is not vastly over priced for a conglomerate but the biggest problem is that the existing shareholders had sold nearly 300 million of shares at a price of Rs 6/=, so friends and the big players have got 300 million shares at 6/= while retailers and smaller big boys are going to get 172 million at 14/=......the question is will those 300 million shares get dumped onto the market on the first day or will the SEC one year lock rule apply to them?

Innam.. i am trying to get in touch with you but i dont seem to be able to send you a message as i am too new.. appreciate if you can send me a message regarding Expo IPO.. Thanks..

146EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Are we such fools as they think we are? Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:52 pm

gamaya

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t2882-expolanka-facts-from-prospectus-valuation

If u are thinking to buy, just check out the explanation by Innam.

And I have a wild guess why he chose porky for his profile.

147EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty price change Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:16 am

hhperera

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Basic finance tells you:

sales
- EBIT
-----------
NOPLAT (net operating profit less adjusted taxes)
- Capex
- Dep
- change in Working cap expenses
-------------------
Free cash flow

then

PV of all free cash flows
- Non operating assets
--------------------------
Enterprise Value
- debt (and equivalents)
---------------------
= EQUITY VALUE

i.e, it follows that once debt is retired/paid off... the equity value of a company increases
(hence, the price per share).

Hence, if the private placement was utilized in retiring debt it follows that the price per share increases. (Prospectus, page 43 shows the dramatic drop in debt/equity ratio from .56X to 0.12X (from fy 10 to fy 11- 9 month interim).

Additionally it is well accepted, across world mkts that pvt placements do take place at a discounted value to the "sophisticated" investors, for these reasons.
E.g various tata group companies in india, twitter, recently facebook etc.. etc...
the practice is accepted and part and parcel of the financial world.

148EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Academic

hhperera wrote:

i.e, it follows that once debt is retired/paid off... the equity value of a company increases
(hence, the price per share).

Hence, if the private placement was utilized in retiring debt it follows that the price per share increases.

Can you explain when promoters (original owners) sell part of their existing stake, how that money come into the company to release debt, without having a new share issue and/or new debt? Page 44 of the prospectus say no new issue for 2 years.

149EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:25 pm

pdgsuranga

pdgsuranga
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Expolanka has been in business since 1978. Current workforce is estimated to 2965 people. Their main businesses includes Transportation, International Trading, Manufacturing and Strategic investment. Expolanka is a pioneer exporter of fresh produce.

What they going to do with IPO money?

Total value of the Expolanka IPO is amounted to 2408 million rupees. Rs 908 million will be used to settle long term debt while 1000 million rupees will use to increase working capital of specific Group entities. They hope to use another 500 million rupees to expand the existing warehouse capacity to supplement the Group’s expansion into the local Transport and Logistics Sector . With the above usage of IPO funds the profitability of the company will increase in long run.

Is it Worth buying Expolanka Shares from IPO?

Yes it is. Expolanka is well diversified and matured company. Group made a profit of Rs 1,267,856,108.00 for the 9 months ended 31st December 2010. Earning Per Share for the nine months amounted to Rs 0.711 and if annualized it will be Rs 0.95 per share based on existing issued number of shares. At issue price Rs 14.00 PER will be 14.74 times compared to Market PE of 26.55 times. So Expo Lanka IPO can be considered fairly valued.

Will Expo Lanka shares subject to heavy selling pressure on first day of trading?

There are 1,782,915,000 issued shares before IPO out of that 130,500,000 shares (6.68 percent) held by public so they may sell it. But I don't think it will affect much on share price. According to the prospectus Expolanka didn't issue shares after year 2005.

Please read the the Expolanka IPO Prospectus carefully before you make a decision to subscribe for the IPO.

To download Expolanka prospectus please copy and paste following web address to your web browser.

http://www.stock-market-today.net/

150EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:28 pm

cse.alpha

hhperera wrote:

Additionally it is well accepted, across world mkts that pvt placements do take place at a discounted value to the "sophisticated" investors, for these reasons.
E.g various tata group companies in india, twitter, recently facebook etc.. etc...

---

Private placements usually occur at discounts to IPO price when there is a long time involved between the private deal and going public.

In the case of Expo, the private deal happened in December 2010 at Rs6, and the company is going public in May 2011 at Rs14 - this is too short a time frame to justify such a large discount.

151EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:13 pm

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

cse.alpha wrote:
hhperera wrote:

---

Private placements usually occur at discounts to IPO price when there is a long time involved between the private deal and going public.

In the case of Expo, the private deal happened in December 2010 at Rs6, and the company is going public in May 2011 at Rs14 - this is too short a time frame to justify such a large discount.

well said alpha...

theory should not be just accepted. there are many more..

ethic & good management are seriously lacks in CSE & SEC..

Because of that only the regulators approve these kind of arbitrary prices and impose and remove ad-hoc rules and regulations...

152EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 pm

tubal

The attempt by some pathetic new members to promote Expo IPO in this thread is rather disgusting. From the way they are begging people to ignore the fact that friends and friendly companies have been given shares at 6.00 while you and I are expected to pay 14 tells me that they are people with vested interests.

You decide whether you want to listen to these unkown new comers or to members like cse.alpha and innam who have proven their class.

153EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty JKSB report on ExpoLanka Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 am

milanka

milanka

http://www.ft.lk/2011/04/27/john-keells-stock-brokers-recommends-expolanka-as-%e2%80%98buy%e2%80%99/

Please make your own investment decision.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

154EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 am

cse.alpha

With JKSB being part of JKH Group who are co-managing the Expo issue & JKH also having 83 million shares at Rs6/= in Expo, we can't expect anything else than a 'buy' recommendation from them

JKSB are forecasting a FY12E eps of Rs1.03 for Expo, which puts the FY12E PER at 13.6x at IPO price of Rs14/=

Expo FY11E net profit is estimated at Rs1.5 billion - reducing capital gains of Rs313 million on sale of Expo Aviation, gives 'normalised' FY11E net profit of Rs1.2 billion, and normalised FY11E eps of Rs0.66

This suggests that pvt deal at Rs6/= in december 2010 was issued at FY11E PER of 9.1x - a 50% premium is now being asked for in valuations terms at IPO price using FY12E earnings.

155EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Expo lanka Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:52 am

gamaya

Good analysis CSE alpha. This is not the first time JKH have exploited the retailers. Remember KHL rights issue? They dumped millions of shares bought at 12 to retailers at 20+. Now see where KHL price is?

Guys, remember promoters of IPOs could be connected to the company. Because retailers don't own the share just yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum