FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit Post
STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

Latest topics

» Losing GSP+: Petty political revenge or Sri Lanka's economy?
by Galeon Today at 10:40 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by ADVENTUS Today at 9:44 pm

» Understanding inflation and share prices.
by KavinduTM Today at 9:21 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by SAGA Today at 6:56 pm

» LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Today at 5:47 pm

» CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000)
by SAGA Today at 2:19 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by arunaupendra Today at 1:49 pm

» Shadow Portfolio of a leading HNWI
by madukp Today at 1:28 pm

» CSE Crossings for the week
by Pradeep90 Today at 12:53 pm

» Sri Lanka fuel prices after revision
by SAGA Today at 10:32 am

» How did PSX perform in the aftermath of EU resolution to review Pakistan's GSP+
by samaritan Today at 9:23 am

» Watch: Investing in Asia in the New Normal- Nimal Perera speaks too
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 9:06 pm

» Prime Residencies IPO. Over Priced?
by High-flyer Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» Stocks rose across Asian Markets after China & US agree to push forward trade, investment ties
by J-CAT Yesterday at 1:28 pm

» Be willing to take action toward your goals every day. You only lose when you give up.
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 10:31 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by SAGA Yesterday at 9:55 am

» Lifting of travel restrictions on Monday 14th to boost investor sentiment at CSE
by ADVENTUS Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:47 pm

» Hayleys Group Bull Run in the CSE Over??
by judecroos Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:47 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:59 pm

» Daily foreign buying/selling 11-06-21
by SAGA Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:41 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE ANALYTICS
All Share Index (ASI), S&P, Milanka Price Index (MPI), Moving Averages and all other analytical graphs and charts

Contribute

Twitter Feeds

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » EGO and EXPO

EGO and EXPO

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 1]

21EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:58 pm

MaJa

Manager - Equity Analytics
@ Mithooshan
I tend to agree with you, but better if we can follow the patterns rather exiting after the initial surge. Certain counters jump 10-15% for 2-3 times before taking a dip.
Best is to follow the technical patterns and individual judgement combined.

Mithooshan likes this post

22EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:02 pm

dayandacool

@RJ1010 wrote:
@Mithooshan wrote:Dear friends,

There  is one thing i learnt from experience today which i want to share with you.

Any share irrespective of Expo, Dipped, Tkyo or Haycarb learn to realize your profits if it goes up 15% to 20% within a day or two. If you check the history they always come down for a correction upon reaching a high price. Let it settle and re-enter at the right time.

Next time, I will exit Expo or any other share when it gives me a descent gain as a principle and re-enter upon a correction. I don’t mind if that principle back fires once in while because more of than not it won’t.

It is not easy earning money and it is even more difficult to maintain it. Hence, adopting strategies is key for stable growth.

This does not apply to long term investors who hold shares for longer time who doesn’t mind these fluctuations.

I would exit Expo after it breaks Rs.30 resistance and reconsider joining at the right time if and when it comes. Because for me, for me money doesn’t come easy.

This message was posted to share my learning and not to suggest this is the best way of doing things. I don’t want to see my friends loose their money where there is an opportunity to book profits and possibly buy low to have another edge.

Good Luck ! 🍀

Yea it’s a good strategy and was posted by Mr. Asoke Samarakoon very recently as well. My broker also reminds me to book profit when gains exceed 15% and re-enter if required at a lower price point.

Just to add, always do a little technical analysis too before you realize profits. If anyone checked the RI of DIPD and EXPO on Monday just after they release the QR, most of prudent traders would have exited. Even a simple candle stick showing weakness on the Bull is enough for you to Book profit and exit. There is always an entry later. But you don't strike Gold all the time. So a little analysis will help you not to quit prematurely. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

shan31, Mithooshan and nish84 like this post

23EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:08 pm

Mithooshan

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@RJ1010, @MaJa and @dayandacool - Thank you. Honestly valuable insights for me to keep in mind moving forward

I always follow technical indicators to enter and i have made good entry points. I always feel worried at the exit point even though i know it is time and have a tendency to not to check technical indicators. Moving forward i will be more careful not to repeat the same mistakes because money doesn’t come into pockets everyday.

Sometimes a move which is not made also costs money.

Really appreciate the constructive views posted by all the gentlemen.

shan31 and dayandacool like this post

24EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:25 pm

MaJa

@dayandacool wrote:
@RJ1010 wrote:

There  is one thing i learnt from experience today which i want to share with you.

Any share irrespective of Expo, Dipped, Tkyo or Haycarb learn to realize your profits if it goes up 15% to 20% within a day or two. If you check the history they always come down for a correction upon reaching a high price. Let it settle and re-enter at the right time.

Next time, I will exit Expo or any other share when it gives me a descent gain as a principle and re-enter upon a correction. I don’t mind if that principle back fires once in while because more of than not it won’t.

It is not easy earning money and it is even more difficult to maintain it. Hence, adopting strategies is key for stable growth.

This does not apply to long term investors who hold shares for longer time who doesn’t mind these fluctuations.

I would exit Expo after it breaks Rs.30 resistance and reconsider joining at the right time if and when it comes. Because for me, for me money doesn’t come easy.

This message was posted to share my learning and not to suggest this is the best way of doing things. I don’t want to see my friends loose their money where there is an opportunity to book profits and possibly buy low to have another edge.

Good Luck ! 🍀

Yea it’s a good strategy and was posted by Mr. Asoke Samarakoon very recently as well. My broker also reminds me to book profit when gains exceed 15% and re-enter if required at a lower price point.

Just to add, always do a little technical analysis too before you realize profits. If anyone checked the RI of DIPD and EXPO on Monday just after they release the QR, most of prudent traders would have exited. Even a simple candle stick showing weakness on the Bull is enough for you to Book profit and exit. There is always an entry later. But you don't strike Gold all the time. So a little analysis will help you not to quit prematurely. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I fully agree with you. Just mentioned the same in my post above.
EXPO didnot follow the exact technicals during it s run up to 26 though. 😉

25EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:46 pm

Vishwanarth

I also absolutely fundamentals and technical oriented earlier. But rather than value of physical assets or net asset figures there are valuable demands or appreciations from the people . There are many companies which are having highest net asset figures but theirs prices are lagging at same value for years. GLASS, and Expo valuation from the customers are well above their accounting values. Peoples knows that. Those two stock give us life time learning.
As per today news SL will not be received any vaccine even mid of 2021.So socio economic atmosphere will be unpresidented one here.

dayandacool and judecroos like this post

26EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:25 pm

dayandacool

dayandacool
@Vishwanarth wrote:I also absolutely fundamentals and technical oriented earlier. But rather than value of physical assets or net asset figures there are valuable demands or appreciations from the people . There are many companies which are having highest net asset figures but theirs prices are lagging at same value  for years. GLASS, and Expo valuation from the customers are well above their accounting values. Peoples knows that. Those two stock give us life time learning.
As per today news SL will not be received any vaccine even mid of 2021.So socio economic atmosphere will be unpresidented one here.

What you say could be true for Fundamental analysis. But technicals, most of the time they work. If you check properly, It has worked really well with the shares that you have mentioned. Nothing can be hidden from a chart. Thorough technical analysis on several angles will give you a proper edge over other traders. Smile

27EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:42 pm

jaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
This cannot be applied to all; better strategy would be 10-20% (similarly day trade) and exit and re-entry. Over 50% must be long term.

28EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:49 pm

dayandacool

dayandacool
@MaJa wrote:
@dayandacool wrote:
@RJ1010 wrote:

Good Luck ! 🍀

If you checked the MACD of EXPO, It has given a Buy signal from 5 rs on wards and maintained it throughout till 23rd October until it rose to 18.5 rs. Again the buy appeared on 3rd November at 19.5 rs. Prudent trader would have sold as soon as the daily candle became a bearish engulfing at 27.3 rs. It is still giving a Bullish signal in MACD therefore all the buying back can be justified as long as candles remain bullish. :|Ideally, I would enter again only when I see a bullish candle on the daily Smile

EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Expooo10

heroxhere likes this post

29EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:06 pm

Hope123

@dayandacool wrote:
@MaJa wrote:
@dayandacool wrote:
@RJ1010 wrote:

Good Luck ! 🍀

If you checked the MACD of EXPO, It has given a Buy signal from 5 rs on wards and maintained it throughout till 23rd October until it rose to 18.5 rs. Again the buy appeared on 3rd November at 19.5 rs. Prudent trader would have sold as soon as the daily candle became a bearish engulfing at 27.3 rs. It is still giving a Bullish signal in MACD therefore all the buying back can be justified as long as candles remain bullish. :|Ideally, I would enter again only when I see a bullish candle on the daily Smile

EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Expooo10

Not only the MACD, even he ATR gives bullish signals. Further the expanded GAP-UP appears on day before yesterday completely being filed with todays volumes and it seems we could expect sort of an uptrend.

shan31, dayandacool and Mithooshan like this post

30EGO and EXPO - Page 2 Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:14 pm

MaJa

Thank you for the explanation @ dayandacool

dayandacool likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum