FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE  NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE  Vote_lcap68%THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE  NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE  Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE  NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE  Vote_lcap18%THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE  NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE  Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE  NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE  Vote_lcap13%THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE  NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE  Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE

THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE

+7
kasun_gimhana
Value Pick
soileconomy
High-flyer
Champ888
ddrperera
samansilva
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

samansilva


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
All leading banks and finance trading at discount range. look HNB now trading level past 15 years ago price level..People's leasing now trading level  past 8 years ago..

same as price level as COMB,NDB,SAMP,NTB,DFCC ,LOLC,LFIN,CFIN   NOW ASI WILL REACH TO 6200 STILL VALUE COUNTERS SILENT.. SOME OF  TOP 30 COMPANIES AND CONTRIBUTE S&PS  SRI LANKA..NEAR FUTURE   RELEASE IMPORT RESTRICTIONS OF VEHICLES.. THOSE DIFFICULT  ERA LEADING  BANKS AND FINANCIALS ARE NOT BAD..LOOK HNB SAME PROFIT RECORDED..

DIVIDEND GRANTED DIFFICULT ERA....THINK AND ANALYSIS.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

ADVENTUS likes this post

ddrperera


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samansilva wrote:All leading banks and finance trading at discount range. look HNB now trading level past 15 years ago price level..People's leasing now trading level  past 8 years ago..

same as price level as COMB,NDB,SAMP,NTB,DFCC ,LOLC,LFIN,CFIN   NOW ASI WILL REACH TO 6200 STILL VALUE COUNTERS SILENT.. SOME OF  TOP 30 COMPANIES AND CONTRIBUTE S&PS  SRI LANKA..NEAR FUTURE   RELEASE IMPORT RESTRICTIONS OF VEHICLES.. THOSE DIFFICULT  ERA LEADING  BANKS AND FINANCIALS ARE NOT BAD..LOOK HNB SAME PROFIT RECORDED..

DIVIDEND GRANTED DIFFICULT ERA....THINK AND ANALYSIS.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes



2020 march PLC price rs 17.80

After corona   plc  price rs  12 ..IPO price rs 18 
eps 2 net asset rs 20 ..top 30 company..continuous dividend  paying counter..keep eye on that..

ddrperera, ADVENTUS and RJ1010 like this post

Champ888


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Yes. Most of the banks at discounted price. 

SAMP, COMB, HNB, DFCC and PLC will have run during this time. Last week there is a good buying side on these counters.

High-flyer

High-flyer
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Yes prices are really attractive when compare to Pre Covid level.

However, have we back to pre covid economy?

Is interest rate is 14% -18%?               (Now Below 9%)
Is Credit Card Interest rate is 30%        (Now 15%)
Is NPL as around 4.5%                         (Now 5.4%)

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Two factors worries investors at the moment.
The biggest is the restrictions placed on dividend.
Since bank shares  are mostly followed by investors rather than traders as most bank shares are good dividend counters
Due to that reason,we do not see more trades in banking sectors in these days.
Banking shares are more stable and traders do not trade more,compared to other sectors.

Non Performing Advances.
 Wait till last quarter results comes out.
If industry level is less than 8% i beleive that it will not be an issue


If Restrictions placed on cash dividend is removed it will trigger the price at once

Value Pick


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
All major banks are good for long term & it should be beyond 3year time horizon. Short term people can push this for nothing. Banks's to show YoY or QoQ profits growth they have wait at least another 3years. Once CBSL relax the time given for moratoriums banks will end up with mountain of debts. These days in most of the social media groups people are promoting banks purely for pump & dump. Don't get caught. We have plenty of strong companies that will give you of massive returns in next few months. Surely banks will be winners after 3 years from now.

kasun_gimhana

kasun_gimhana
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
All banks need to do Right Issues ... Every right issue LOL... you know what means for the long term...

wealth123


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
All Banks + Few strong FC's are real Gems.
My Picks.

SAMP
COMB
DFCC
PABC
LFIN
VFIN
PLC

judecroos and dhanushkacse like this post

wealth123


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@wealth123 wrote:All Banks + Few strong FC's are real Gems.
My Picks.

SAMP
COMB
DFCC
PABC
LFIN
VFIN
PLC
THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE  NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE  Annota10

judecroos likes this post

KingKong


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
What about NDB? Their last Q results were good noh?
Also what would be the outlook for NBFIs given the vehicle import ban was extended and the housing loan interests capped around 7%?



Last edited by KingKong on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional concern)

judecroos likes this post

sakuni


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Without banks    and finance sector ,How reach ASI  expected. 7000 level. surely banks and finance sector will  run asap..collect those ..PLC dividend  on december month.. 10%  dividend percentage..

judecroos and dhanushkacse like this post

Value Pick


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Banks & financial companies are not allowed to pay dividends until CBSL informs in future due to they have given a chance to delay the loan repayments due from clients due to corona. All these banks are giving profits these days without a cash flow due to more than 50% of their loan books under moratorium period. We can experience millions of bad loans in banks after CBSL curtail relaxation of moratoriums. On top of that now there are ceiling for interest rates for housing/ pawning/ credit card facilities. Super margins enjoyed by the banks will no more going to be there. After hotels banking & financial sector is the biggest hit sector due to COVID. Banks are good for very long term. But why anybody should think such a long term horizon when u have cheap manufacturing sector shares such as TKYO?? But still anybody is interested can buy & hold banks or finance shares & be a spectator for CSE when other shares are flying. If someone is promoting banks or finance share at this time is purely to pump & dump only. Visit quarterly reports of banks which have showed profits growth have not provided improved impairments. Banks which provided improved impairments shows massive drop in profits. It’s simple as that. All banks will report negative growth for this year.

wealth123 dislikes this post

ddrperera


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Value Pick wrote: Banks & financial companies are not allowed to pay dividends until  CBSL informs in future due to they have given a chance to delay the loan repayments due from clients due to corona. All these banks are giving profits these days without a cash flow due to more than 50% of their loan books under moratorium period. We can experience millions of bad loans in banks after CBSL curtail relaxation  of moratoriums. On top of that now there are ceiling for interest rates for housing/ pawning/ credit card facilities. Super margins enjoyed by the banks will no more going to be there. After hotels banking & financial sector is the biggest hit sector due to COVID. Banks are good for very long term. But why anybody should think such a long term horizon when u have cheap manufacturing sector shares such as TKYO?? But still anybody is interested can buy & hold banks or finance shares & be a spectator for CSE when other shares are flying. If someone is promoting banks or finance share at this time is purely to pump & dump only. Visit quarterly reports of banks which have showed profits growth have not provided improved impairments. Banks which provided improved impairments shows massive drop in profits. It’s simple as that. All banks will report negative growth for this year.


what ever situation mentioned, most of banks and finance sectors trading at below net    assets value.. look worlds market.. sure banks will up..

wealth123 likes this post

KingKong


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Value Pick wrote: Banks & financial companies are not allowed to pay dividends until  CBSL informs in future due to they have given a chance to delay the loan repayments due from clients due to corona. All these banks are giving profits these days without a cash flow due to more than 50% of their loan books under moratorium period. We can experience millions of bad loans in banks after CBSL curtail relaxation  of moratoriums. On top of that now there are ceiling for interest rates for housing/ pawning/ credit card facilities. Super margins enjoyed by the banks will no more going to be there. After hotels banking & financial sector is the biggest hit sector due to COVID. Banks are good for very long term. But why anybody should think such a long term horizon when u have cheap manufacturing sector shares such as TKYO?? But still anybody is interested can buy & hold banks or finance shares & be a spectator for CSE when other shares are flying. If someone is promoting banks or finance share at this time is purely to pump & dump only. Visit quarterly reports of banks which have showed profits growth have not provided improved impairments. Banks which provided improved impairments shows massive drop in profits. It’s simple as that. All banks will report negative growth for this year.


Agree with the negative impact of COVID policies on banks. At the same time, investors are allowed to buy long term if they have the capacity to hold. Not everybody has time or peace to keep looking at daily charts and trade. 

Many if not all people who are talking way too optimistic, showing so much love advising buy that, but this, are no more than the pyramid scammers trying to ride a rally on others. But one should have his/her own reckoning power to stay away from unhealthy affections.

ddrperera


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Haa dividend ban will released.. Hnb rocket.. Wow.. Next bank and finance collect and enjoy ride..

wealth123 and ADVENTUS like this post

IDK


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
yeah last 5-10 min. sky rocket..

wealth123


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Dividend Payment Restrictions to be removed.


Buy LFIN & VFIN Tomorrow.
I calculated your return  THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE  NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE  Icon_biggrin


THIS TIME WHY YOU HAVE  NEED TO SELECT LEADING BANKS AND FINANCE  Annota12

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum