FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » S&P SL20...

S&P SL20...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1S&P SL20... Empty S&P SL20... Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:42 pm

geesura

geesura
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
The Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) announces the following changes in S&P Sri Lanka 20 index constituents made by S&P Dow Jones Indices at the 2020 year-end index rebalance.
The exclusions and inclusions as announced by S&P Dow Jones Indices, effective from 21st December 2020 (after the market close of 18th December 2020) are presented below in alphabetical order.
 
Exclusions

No.CompanyCSE Ticker
1Aitken Spence PLCSPEN.N0000
2Central Finance Co., PLC CFIN.N0000
3Ceylon Tobacco Co. PLCCTC.N0000
4LOLC Finance PLCLOFC.N0000
5Overseas Realty (Ceylon) PLCOSEA.N0000
6Richard Pieris & Co PLCRICH.N0000
 

7
Seylan Bank PLCSEYB.N0000
SEYB.X0000
 
Inclusions
 

No.CompanyCSE Ticker
1Dipped Products PLCDIPD.N0000
2Distilleries Company of Sri Lanka PLCDIST.N0000
3Expolanka Holdings PLCEXPO.N0000
4Hayleys PLCHAYL.N0000
5Hemas Holdings PLCHHL.N0000
6Royal Ceramics Lanka PLCRCL.N0000
7Tokyo Cement Co. (Lanka) PLCTKYO.N0000
TKYO.X0000
 
The S&P SL 20 index includes the 20 largest companies, by total market capitalization, listed on the CSE that meet minimum size, liquidity and financial viability thresholds. The constituents are weighted by float-adjusted market capitalization, subject to a single stock cap of 15%, which is employed to reduce single stock concentration.
The S&P SL 20 index has been designed in accordance with international practices and standards. All stocks are classified according to the Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS®), which was co-developed by S&P Dow Jones Indices and MCSI and is widely used by market participants throughout the world.
To be eligible for inclusion, a stock must have a minimum float-adjusted market capitalization of 500 million Sri Lankan rupees (Rs), a six-month median daily value traded of Rs 0.25 million, and have positive net income over the 12 months prior to the rebalancing reference date. For information, including the complete methodology, please visit: www.spindices.com
Effective from 21st December 2020 the stocks in the S&P Sri Lanka 20 in alphabetical order are as follows.

No.COMPANYTICKER
1Access Engineering LtdAEL.N0000
2Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLCLLUB.N0000
3Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLCCOMB.N0000
COMB.X0000
4DFCC Bank PLCDFCC.N0000
5Dialog Axiata PLCDIAL.N0000
6Dipped Products PLCDIPD.N0000
7Distilleries Company of Sri Lanka PLCDIST.N0000
8Expolanka Holdings PLCEXPO.N0000
9Hatton National Bank PLCHNB.N0000
HNB.X0000
10Hayleys PLCHAYL.N0000
11Hemas Holdings PLCHHL.N0000
12John Keells Holdings PLCJKH.N0000
13LOLC Holdings PLCLOLC.N0000
14Melstacorp PLCMELS.N0000
15National Development Bank PLCNDB.N0000
16People's Leasing & Finance PLCPLC.N0000
17Royal Ceramics Lanka PLCRCL.N0000
18Sampath Bank PLCSAMP.N0000
19Teejay Lanka PLCTJL.N0000
20Tokyo Cement Co. (Lanka) PLCTKYO.N0000
TKYO.X0000
http://bizenglish.adaderana.lk/dipped-products-distilleries-expolanka-hayleys-hemas-royal-ceramics-and-tokyo-cement-enter-sp-sl20/

Detective likes this post

2S&P SL20... Empty Re: S&P SL20... Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Detective


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@geesura wrote:
The Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) announces the following changes in S&P Sri Lanka 20 index constituents made by S&P Dow Jones Indices at the 2020 year-end index rebalance.
The exclusions and inclusions as announced by S&P Dow Jones Indices, effective from 21st December 2020 (after the market close of 18th December 2020) are presented below in alphabetical order.
 
Exclusions

No.CompanyCSE Ticker
1Aitken Spence PLCSPEN.N0000
2Central Finance Co., PLC CFIN.N0000
3Ceylon Tobacco Co. PLCCTC.N0000
4LOLC Finance PLCLOFC.N0000
5Overseas Realty (Ceylon) PLCOSEA.N0000
6Richard Pieris & Co PLCRICH.N0000
 

7
Seylan Bank PLCSEYB.N0000
SEYB.X0000
 
Inclusions
 

No.CompanyCSE Ticker
1Dipped Products PLCDIPD.N0000
2Distilleries Company of Sri Lanka PLCDIST.N0000
3Expolanka Holdings PLCEXPO.N0000
4Hayleys PLCHAYL.N0000
5Hemas Holdings PLCHHL.N0000
6Royal Ceramics Lanka PLCRCL.N0000
7Tokyo Cement Co. (Lanka) PLCTKYO.N0000
TKYO.X0000
 
The S&P SL 20 index includes the 20 largest companies, by total market capitalization, listed on the CSE that meet minimum size, liquidity and financial viability thresholds. The constituents are weighted by float-adjusted market capitalization, subject to a single stock cap of 15%, which is employed to reduce single stock concentration.
The S&P SL 20 index has been designed in accordance with international practices and standards. All stocks are classified according to the Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS®), which was co-developed by S&P Dow Jones Indices and MCSI and is widely used by market participants throughout the world.
To be eligible for inclusion, a stock must have a minimum float-adjusted market capitalization of 500 million Sri Lankan rupees (Rs), a six-month median daily value traded of Rs 0.25 million, and have positive net income over the 12 months prior to the rebalancing reference date. For information, including the complete methodology, please visit: www.spindices.com
Effective from 21st December 2020 the stocks in the S&P Sri Lanka 20 in alphabetical order are as follows.

No.COMPANYTICKER
1Access Engineering LtdAEL.N0000
2Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLCLLUB.N0000
3Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLCCOMB.N0000
COMB.X0000
4DFCC Bank PLCDFCC.N0000
5Dialog Axiata PLCDIAL.N0000
6Dipped Products PLCDIPD.N0000
7Distilleries Company of Sri Lanka PLCDIST.N0000
8Expolanka Holdings PLCEXPO.N0000
9Hatton National Bank PLCHNB.N0000
HNB.X0000
10Hayleys PLCHAYL.N0000
11Hemas Holdings PLCHHL.N0000
12John Keells Holdings PLCJKH.N0000
13LOLC Holdings PLCLOLC.N0000
14Melstacorp PLCMELS.N0000
15National Development Bank PLCNDB.N0000
16People's Leasing & Finance PLCPLC.N0000
17Royal Ceramics Lanka PLCRCL.N0000
18Sampath Bank PLCSAMP.N0000
19Teejay Lanka PLCTJL.N0000
20Tokyo Cement Co. (Lanka) PLCTKYO.N0000
TKYO.X0000
http://bizenglish.adaderana.lk/dipped-products-distilleries-expolanka-hayleys-hemas-royal-ceramics-and-tokyo-cement-enter-sp-sl20/
New list looks promising 👍

judecroos likes this post

3S&P SL20... Empty Re: S&P SL20... Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:38 pm

High-flyer

High-flyer
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
S&P lags behind due to being Bank Heavy index. In Last Revision they excluded EXPO & TKYO and both performed really well.


Now with Company like RCL, TKYO, EXPO, DIPD, HHL.. S&P will move upward rapidly. These companies were the Star Performer in last Q.

Detective likes this post

4S&P SL20... Empty Re: S&P SL20... Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:42 pm

RJ1010


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@High-flyer wrote:S&P lags behind due to being Bank Heavy index. In Last Revision they excluded EXPO & TKYO and both performed really well.


Now with Company like RCL, TKYO, EXPO, DIPD, HHL.. S&P will move upward rapidly. These companies were the Star Performer in last Q.

I don’t think during last S&P revision (consideration period mostly pre covid) Expo had performed well enough to be in consideration

5S&P SL20... Empty Re: S&P SL20... Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:32 pm

High-flyer

High-flyer
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@RJ1010 wrote:
@High-flyer wrote:S&P lags behind due to being Bank Heavy index. In Last Revision they excluded EXPO & TKYO and both performed really well.


Now with Company like RCL, TKYO, EXPO, DIPD, HHL.. S&P will move upward rapidly. These companies were the Star Performer in last Q.

I don’t think during last S&P revision (consideration period mostly pre covid) Expo had performed well enough to be in consideration

Yes. its performance / price appreciation came after revision. And main reason for Exclusion could be the Loss made in last FY.

However most disappointment in the last revision was CFIN. Wonder what criteria met at that time.

6S&P SL20... Empty Re: S&P SL20... Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:59 pm

atdeane


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
CFIN will deliver 😉

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum