FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by SAGA Today at 8:20 pm

» Directors' Dealings today
by SAGA Today at 6:02 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Today at 5:59 pm

» CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)
by Antonym Today at 5:37 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC Interim Financial Statements quarter ended 30th June 2021
by samaritan Today at 10:03 am

» Shares to Buy
by abey Yesterday at 6:47 pm

» Boga unusual Collection....
by Wickyz Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» MILLENNIUM HOUSING DEVELOPERS PLC (MHDL.N0000)
by jehan008 Yesterday at 1:11 pm

» Sri Lanka FOB prices for black tea highest in the world
by samaritan Yesterday at 12:18 pm

» DPL Take over
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 12:12 pm

» HVA FOODS PLC (HVA.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:02 am

» INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS (CEYLON) PLC (ASPH.N0000)
by dayandacool Yesterday at 10:09 am

» CITIZENS DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS FINANCE PLC(CDB.N0000)
by engineer Yesterday at 7:06 am

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC . KZOO.N
by Pbv Yesterday at 12:22 am

» What will happen to AMF¿??????
by Tissa Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:46 pm

» Expert view on AMF??
by Tissa Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:12 pm

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by Bakkabwoi Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:57 pm

» What are the short term profit stocks you are planning to buy on this Monday? (Only honest ppl please)
by Hope123 Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm

» Discussion on mechanism to aid investors, Conducted BY Hon Finance Minister
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:57 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by kadik Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:15 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Atrad web or Directfn better as per your experience?

Atrad web or Directfn better as per your experience?

+3
thirucumaran
High-flyer
Vishwanarth
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vishwanarth

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Atrad web, mobile
Directfn....

Which is the most friendly and informative for your needs...
Any bad experience due to applications bugs/delay
Suggestions for improvement as per your own experience..

Hitazz likes this post

High-flyer

High-flyer
Manager - Equity Analytics
Atrad

- App              - Very Primitive. Not a User Friendly seamless experience. (4/10)
- Web             - Good Interface, User Friendly, Support Charts, Analysis and Reports (7/10)
- Desktop        - Same as Web. Solid Platform than web (8/10)

Drawbacks - Only 3 Month History. Not Support Portfolio Analysis such as ROI of Portfolio, History of Portfolio..

DFN

App              - User Friendly seamless experience. (8/10)
- Web             - Rigid Interface, No Reports, Very hard to find information (5/10)
- Desktop        - Do not use

Out of all. I prefer Atrad Desktop and DFN App. You can get something out of available systems.

Vishwanarth likes this post

Vishwanarth

@High-flyer
Thank you very much for the descriptive feedback...

thirucumaran

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@High-flyer wrote:Out of all. I prefer Atrad Desktop and DFN App. You can get something out of available systems.

Very much agree with this! I do all my trading with the DFN app and have a small portfolio with Atrad since I can use it to do my analysis.

Atrad mobile app is garbage, not at all worth using. DFN mobile app has a number of useful things, the main of which is that it differentiates trades done between sales and purchases, and gives you a cash map. This helps in identifying trading sentiment for the particular share.

In short, DFN for trading/transaction execution, Atrad for analysis.

DamithAsian likes this post

junior

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@High-flyer wrote:Atrad

- App              - Very Primitive. Not a User Friendly seamless experience. (4/10)
- Web             - Good Interface, User Friendly, Support Charts, Analysis and Reports (7/10)

Drawbacks - Only 3 Month History. Not Support Portfolio Analysis such as ROI of Portfolio, History of Portfolio..

DFN

- Web             - Rigid Interface, No Reports, Very hard to find information (5/10)

Out of all. I prefer Atrad Desktop and DFN App. You can get something out of available systems.
How to download Atrad Desktop version?

RJ1010

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@junior wrote:

DFN

Which system does your broker use? In brokers website usually download link is given.
Each broker company uses only one system. If your broker company uses DFN then you can’t login with Atrad and vice versa.

High-flyer

High-flyer
@RJ1010 wrote:
@junior wrote:

DFN

Which system does your broker use? In brokers website usually download link is given.
Each broker company uses only one system. If your broker company uses DFN then you can’t login with Atrad and vice versa.

I hv two A/Cs

Capita Trust - Atrad
Softlogic      - DFN

High-flyer

High-flyer
@thirucumaran wrote:
@High-flyer wrote:Out of all. I prefer Atrad Desktop and DFN App. You can get something out of available systems.

Very much agree with this! I do all my trading with the DFN app and have a small portfolio with Atrad since I can use it to do my analysis.

Atrad mobile app is garbage, not at all worth using. DFN mobile app has a number of useful things, the main of which is that it differentiates trades done between sales and purchases, and gives you a cash map. This helps in identifying trading sentiment for the particular share.

In short, DFN for trading/transaction execution, Atrad for analysis.

Cash Map is a gem of a Feature.

High-flyer

High-flyer
@junior wrote:

DFN

Access was given by Broker very recently. Check with Advisor whether they have it or not.

Truth Seeker

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
I use ATrad and I have never used DirectFN. When the market is in the Pre-open stage (Between 1.00 am - 11.00 am), all I can see in the "Market Depth" is the Total number of Bids and Asks, but not the Bid Prices or Ask Prices. It only gets updated after 11.00 am when the market opens and I do not know what is happening in the market until that. I want to know if it is the same for all brokers and other trading platforms. Does DirectFN provide order prices in the Market Pre-open stage?

Thanks in advance!!! Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cheetah

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
I use both atrade and DirectFN, DirectFN is the best, Very user friendly and can do more analytics.

KingMaker2020 likes this post

RJ1010

@Truth Seeker wrote:I use ATrad and I have never used DirectFN. When the market is in the Pre-open stage (Between 1.00 am - 11.00 am), all I can see in the "Market Depth" is the Total number of Bids and Asks, but not the Bid Prices or Ask Prices. It only gets updated after 11.00 am when the market opens and I do not know what is happening in the market until that. I want to know if it is the same for all brokers and other trading platforms. Does DirectFN provide order prices in the Market Pre-open stage?

DirectFN same. Detailed order book is visible only after market opens at 11.

Truth Seeker likes this post

Truth Seeker

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@RJ1010 wrote:
@Truth Seeker wrote:I use ATrad and I have never used DirectFN. When the market is in the Pre-open stage (Between 1.00 am - 11.00 am), all I can see in the "Market Depth" is the Total number of Bids and Asks, but not the Bid Prices or Ask Prices. It only gets updated after 11.00 am when the market opens and I do not know what is happening in the market until that. I want to know if it is the same for all brokers and other trading platforms. Does DirectFN provide order prices in the Market Pre-open stage?

DirectFN same. Detailed order book is visible only after market opens at 11.
Thank you RJ1010!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It is valuable information for me.

RJ1010 likes this post

Vishwanarth

What is the purpose of CASH MAP? I hv no idea.

RJ1010

@Vishwanarth wrote:What is the purpose of CASH MAP? I hv no idea.

It’s a pretty valuable piece of information during the day. It shows whether there’s more buying or selling. Higher the cash% more demand more buying, lesser the cash% more supply more selling. Generally higher% is bullish and less cash% is bearish. That’s how I interpret it.
It is different when a share price reaches the highest price band for the day. In which case demand gets stuck at the highest price point possible within the price band and sellers will be supplying to that price point driving cash map lower.

Vishwanarth likes this post

Vishwanarth

@RJ1010 wrote:
@Vishwanarth wrote:What is the purpose of CASH MAP? I hv no idea.

It’s a pretty valuable piece of information during the day. It shows whether there’s more buying or selling. Higher the cash% more demand more buying, lesser the cash% more supply more selling. Generally higher% is bullish and less cash% is bearish. That’s how I interpret it.
It is different when a share price reaches the highest price band for the day. In which case demand gets stuck at the highest price point possible within the price band and sellers will be supplying to that price point driving cash map lower.
Thank you for nice description

RJ1010 likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum