FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Today at 7:01 pm

» KOTAGALA PLANTATION PLC (KOTA.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Today at 5:58 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by Sunimal Today at 2:18 pm

» Construction activities records fastest growth in five years
by samaritan Today at 3:56 pm

» Leisure sector- KHL vs Eden
by samaritan Today at 3:44 pm

» Port City - Sri Lanka's Economic Trajectory
by samaritan Today at 2:34 pm

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by cwij5252 Today at 10:19 am

» Maharaja after long time
by Maharaja Today at 10:15 am

» Watch SPEN
by Tissa Today at 7:10 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by cseguide Yesterday at 10:06 pm

» Top Crossing Today
by SAGA Yesterday at 3:19 pm

» AGST is Next KOTA
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 2:23 pm

» LATEST: Join FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Discord
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 1:27 pm

» Try to Avoid Getting Sucked into Any Panic Modes While Looking for Opportunities. Stock market for beginners
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 10:51 am

» Top Foreign Trading today
by D.G.Dayaratne Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:29 pm

» Evergrande agrees deal to avoid default on key bond: Company
by RajapaksaDON Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:27 pm

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by Rational Investor Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:35 pm

» CABO -- “ The Investment Company ” under Land & Building Sector
by samaritan Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:45 am

» LOFC lofc
by stockchaser Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:52 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » EXPERT CHRONICLE™ » Exciting RICH

Exciting RICH

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Exciting RICH - Page 3 Empty Exciting RICH

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Exciting RICH - Page 3 D3037110

Dr Sena Yaddehige made an exciting speech at RICH AGM today.

RICH is getting into Palm oil business, overseas.  

He reviled that they have already acquired 150,000 Acres of land in some other country and finalizing for getting another 40,000 Acres (16,000 Ha) in Indonesia. Very recently, another country has come forward to offer lands for the company and they are considering it too.  All are for palm oil cultivation.

They are also to develop 1000 Acres of land in Sri Lanka, leisure and agriculture related business. They hope state of the art vegetable cultivation will be a good venture for the future.

As announced earlier, 15 Acre Navinna land will be converted into a top class International University affiliated to best Universities in UK to produce real graduates suited for the modern world. They have already started the initial work.

He also disclosed that - They are in the middle of acquiring an Insurance company, a Finance company and with their already functioning stock broker firm they are going to offer whole set of services under one roof at all the Arpico Super Centers in near future.

He invited honest, energetic, capable, initiative people to join the Group in the process of building international RICH.

Share this post on: redditgoogle

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 am by nkalansu

@STOCK HUNTER wrote:I heard that main reason is there are many RICH shires ....

any one who knows how can we find them (how many shares , who has

brought them etc)

thanks

Total Number of issued shares = 1,937.49 Million shares

Foreign Holding = 1,149.10 Million shares ( About 60% of total issued shares)

So locals are playing around with 788.39 Million shares

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 am by nkalansu

RICH shares - Lot of activity today

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:50 pm by Chinwi

Over liquidity problem for the shares like RICH is a matter of time.

When there are lot of shares in the market, with lot of individuals, normally the prices are kept low due to over supply. When there is an upward trend the sellers flock in faster than in illiquid shares.

After few seasons when a company progress into its target stages the institutional and high net people come into action and most of the shares are deposited in their bins. Usually with improved ratios, prices go up and the share become non-high liquid. When floating numbers become low the prices go up further.

I can remember how the shareholders became angry when SAMP issued 1:1 rights @ 10/- in 1989. It was trading @ 22/- and after the announcement it fell to 10/- . Lot of shares invaded the market. People who bought it @ 22/- lost half of their value. Some of them were intelligent enough to buy rights @ 10/-. We know the value of SAMP now, including few bonus and splits.

I feel if you can select and collect a considerable amount of fundamentally sound , low priced share with high liquidity and forget it for years you may become a high-net worth person some day. All depend on your holding power . i.e., the cash flow available for other requirements in life.

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:02 am by Marketinvest

Too many shares in the market for rich causing problems

Malan1986

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 pm by Malan1986

@Marketinvest wrote:Too many shares in the market for rich causing problems
Is this worth to buy in current price??

STOCK HUNTER

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:08 pm by STOCK HUNTER

Mata nam dan RICH athi wela ........... No

ssb

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:25 pm by ssb

RICH keep make me Poor Smile
hope for best ,
but prepare for worse .
Hard Work

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:18 pm by schacha

What a share..!
Really fed up..

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:02 pm by nkalansu

@STOCK HUNTER wrote:Mata nam dan RICH athi wela ........... No

Hi friend...

In my opinion Richard Pieris & Company is a long term investment. ( 3 - 5 year) I do not think you could get quick gains from it. So if you have holding power. Please hold on. You will not regret.

Last edited by nkalansu on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:34 pm by Aamiable

I a portfolio all stocks would not move at once…. Some take weeks to rebound others months. Some go down and recover. ….Others are stagnant,…. if the earnings are good after few months they pick up.
Smile

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:04 am by tubal

@Aamiable wrote:I a portfolio all stocks would not move at once…. Some take weeks to rebound others months. Some go down and recover. ….Others are stagnant,…. if the earnings are good after few months they pick up.
Smile

MarketWatch, why don't you just cut and paste your famous quote: 'Some shares will go up and some shares will go down over the coming days, weeks, months and quarters'

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:50 pm by mcyi9rt4

intresting talks thanks you to people who spoek i learnt somethings

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:18 pm by Aamiable

Some stocks went up today , some sold them and collected stocks like RICH at low levels.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:23 pm by nkalansu

@Aamiable wrote:Some stocks went up today , some sold them and collected stocks like RICH at low levels.

How do you know? Pls confirm.... is it just an opinion?

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:28 pm by antxster

Maybe someone is collecting secretly.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:43 pm by Aamiable

in the PF which move up in the morning can be seen,….. some of us sell them at the optimum level as they often tend to come down towards afternoon, ……..replace those stock with a fundamentally sound medium term stocks, when they move up medium term go for another set of medium term stocks…. not interested on the business or the directors etc……. not fallen in love with any particular stock….. Not interested in becoming a fist twenty share holders or a director.

I do not want to mention specific stocks which I sold , that can hurt the feelings of investors who collect them.

Aladin

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:31 am by Aladin

@antxster wrote:Maybe someone is collecting secretly.

10.60 would be the price as i see Sad But i too hold alot at 13 range :p

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:22 pm by Quibit

Richard Pieris to transform Nawinna to global campus
Ravi LADDUWAHETTY
Richard Pieris Group will shortly transform its thirteen acre Nawinna property to an international university.

This transition will also mean that the head office of the Richard Pieris Group will be relocated at Hyde Park Corner while the industrial establishments within the Nawinna premises currently will be shifted to some of the Group’s industrial sites which are available now.

“We will be tying up with top end British universities and the selection will be made from Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College (University of London), Edinburgh, Durham and Bristol universities, Richard Pieris Group Chairman Dr Sena Yaddehige told Daily News Business.

He has assigned three frontline Vice Chancellors of Sri Lankan universities to conduct negotiations with these universities and the tie up will be subject to only those universities willingness for a partnership.

“I am looking for the correct top-end universities where the graduates passing out of that will be able to rub shoulders with any of the graduates of the frontline universities in any part of the world,” he said.

“When I came to Sri Lanka for the first time, I realized that Nawinna was not the place for industry while I also saw for myself how ill-equipped Sri Lankan graduates were in terms of ability and confidence and that was why I decided to transform Nawinna into an international campus premises,” he said. He also noted that the investment and the infrastructure for the transition was hardly necessary and minimal in the light of the land and the buildings already there. “As for the industries within the Nawinna complex, all which are there will be shifted to the industrial locations of the Group which are already there and in place while the head office will be relocated at Hyde Park Corner,” he said.

http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/07/11/bus08.asp

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 pm by suja

I think the news is still positive , Quibit any other reason. As for the acerage he has mentioned I am not sure if it is correct it too is good.

lbnnirmal

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:57 pm by lbnnirmal

Yes it's some sort of good new for the RICH share holders so lets wait and see wt will be hpn with in nxt week or two. hop market will turnover Laughing Laughing Laughing

STOCK HUNTER

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:11 pm by STOCK HUNTER

Ane manda eka eka news nam enawa

but share eka yannema

DOWn ne Sad

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:47 pm by Quibit

These are called "Fairy Tales".. I have heard enough of these.. during my teenage.
Chinwi.. Whats going to happen to the Insurance Company which RICH has been planning to purchase shortly. Looks like someone else had bought it?

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:55 pm by sapumal

I am experiencing one.
I am living in the Citrus dream world

4 star hotel in Waskaduwa , construction supposed to start in 2010 January
4 star hotel in Kalpitiya, construction supposed to start in 2010 January
40 room addition for Hikkaduwa hotel before very next winter ....

Still anything hasn't started.......
All are there as they were. These liars must be killed in next AGM

kiri

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:08 pm by kiri

@sapumal wrote:I am experiencing one.

sorry sapumal.mistakenly i clicked -. tomorrow i will give you 2 +.I'm very sorry.

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:18 pm by sapumal

@kiri wrote:
@sapumal wrote:I am experiencing one.

sorry sapumal.mistakenly i clicked -. tomorrow i will give you 2 +.I'm very sorry.

It is ok buddy. I don't worry about reps. Smile

Jonathon

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:18 am by Jonathon

i have lost hope in RICH something is wrong with this share

Jude

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:34 am by Jude

RICH is never making me rich Sad

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:03 pm by Quibit

Chinwi.,
Dr yaddehiege had missed the opportunity to buy the insurance company.. Which he was supposed to have been in the middle of buying according to your first post.

I am sure he will now go on to set up a new insurance company called Arpico Insurance. you might enjoy our cup of coffee more than the newspaper.

I love listening to his fairy tales!! But it does not excite me anymore!!

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:12 pm by nkalansu

@Quibit wrote:Chinwi.,
Dr yaddehiege had missed the opportunity to buy the insurance company.. Which he was supposed to have been in the middle of buying according to your first post.

I am sure he will now go on to set up a new insurance company called Arpico Insurance.

I love listening to his fairy tales!!

Acquisition of AAIC has failed to impact the SOFT first day trading prices. Appears to be the most unsuccessful IPO. It appears all the private placement people have traded today. Poor retailers.

SOFT people must have done a great deal to take controlling stake of AAIC and make the announcement to the market. Main reason is to boost the SOFT first day trading. They have allowed VONE to trade before SOFT and purposely delayed the trading i think.

They have failed. Retailers have failed too. I guess SOFT promoters in this forum has nothing to say now.

May be one or two days time they will make an announcement that they have purchased SLIC to at least take the price to Rs. 29/=. SOFT IPO is a kind of a fairy tale too.

player

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:13 pm by player

why always ppl talking abt RICH....... Mad
this is just a illiquid shit which need million of shares to just move by cents,
btw guys is this undervalued Question Question
to me there is good counters than this..(as a trader)

note-this is ideal long term share for investors who only look at their stocks once a year,understand the nature of this share,this will move slowly,but liquid nature will pull this back to normal bases Twisted Evil

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum