FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Im a full time trader..wot abt u?

+11
nkalansu
Chinwi
RichDad
godswen
LoveMoney
smallville
Aamiable
manula
Prince
Gaja
UNI
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:07 pm

UNI

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

my portfolio is abt 1Mn...
im on the PC 9.30 to 2.30
Im getting 50,000/month (last month my realised loss is Rs.42000)

what abt u??

2Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:12 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

i am doing it as an investment

3Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Prince

Prince
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

good to hear. but if you are not a broker or not sitting inside a broker firm you will not be able to catch the crowd. you need to identify your self correctly whether you as an *** Investor*** or as a ****Trader***

always keep in touch with two or more information lines

4Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:23 pm

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

I am also doing as a investment (part time) Smile working on the shift basis and mostly i will miss the market when i am doing morning. Sad

5Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Aamiable

I am a medium term investor. just managed to hold on last month without selling at a loss. hope every thing returns to normal and start moving.

6Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:36 pm

smallville

smallville

I'm a med-term investor now as oppose to my med-long term approach earlier..
And more or less I do trading these days as well..

7Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:13 pm

LoveMoney

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I'm a part time investor for the moment, I started 1 year ago. I'm not into Financial or Stock Market sector initially but o the upper level in the IT sector. I'm 33 now, planning to retire by the end of this year from my full time IT carrier. and expect that my investment in the stock market will be 5million by the time I retire by the end of this year;
1. Things I learnt so far;
#. You need to learn about stock trading
#. Need to understand basic finance
#. Need to learn how to read financial statements
#. Stock market is not the only investment vehicle, there are other investments also, Gold, Commodity, real-estate.
#. Catch the buzz regarding the stocks
#. Study the rules and regulations to avoid any kind of wrong doing

2. I like below author's books and audios
#. Napoleon HIll
#. Dr. Stephen Covey
#. Brian Tracy
#. Robert Kiosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad and many more)
#. anthony Robbins
#. G. Edward Griffin

If you can search through the web and find some of the above author's books and read, not only about stock investing but about lots of subjects which is going to play a big role in your life.

From next year I plan to have two kinds of trading methods, those two methods are 1. to have 90% of my total portfolio medium and long term stocks 2. To have the rest of the 10% to do day or short term trading to earn the monthly income. The other thing I want to do easy to learn investing in stocks, lands and other commodities, study the CISCO path in depth.

8Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:04 pm

godswen

godswen

LoveMoney wrote:
Robert Kiosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad and many more)

Dude, I've read this book, Rich dad and Poor dad! Smile

9Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:40 pm

LoveMoney

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

@Godswen, that is not the only book from him, he has written and made audios out of those books; there are many. His teaching and the vision inspired to become and investor and to plan my retirement. Here are the books and audios from him, find them and listen to them if you interested. some of them are;

1. 8 Rules of money
2. Cashflow Quadrant - Rich Dad's guide to financial freedom
3. Real book of Real State
4. Rich Dad Poor Dad
5. How to be wealthy in a changing world
6. Rich Dad's guide to investing
7. Guide to becoming rich
8. Increase your financial IQ
9. Rich Dad's prophecy
10. Retire young, Retire Rich
11. Rich Dad's who took my money
12. Success Stories
13. Rich Dad's advisors series - Own your own corporation
14. Rich Dad's advisors series - Real estate advantages
15. Rich Dad's advisors series - Sales dogs;You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
16. Rich Dad's advisors series - The abc's of property managment
17. Rich Dad's advisors series - The abc's of building a business team

Those are are audio books I have listen to so far from Robert Kiosaki

10Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:47 pm

godswen

godswen

Thanks LoveMoney! I'll start reading now so by the time I'm in your age I can plan my retirement too! Smile

11Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty thanks for everybody... Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:00 pm

UNI

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I hav two brokers one broker for long term investment other one for short term..1/3 of my capital gain im investing on long term..up to now itz doing well...but short term I am selling incurring high losses..but I manage to identify the market when there is a down trend..this time I sold jins @18 that I brought @ 20 but now im colleting it @16.10..

I thot NTB is under valued n I bought @ 65 n I sold it @ 70

and also my mind is asking why I did not buy GRAN @100 a few days ago still my mind is asking why you r not buying GRAN @ abt 109 but now I think its risky..

I eraned a lot from SFS during last month I brought it @37,40 and 45 and last week I sold them @ 70 still sfs price is going up now my mind is telling it is a over valued share..

I saw some where on this forum 'be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy' that is correct....

finally I have 15000 PAP @ 7... this is the only headache

12Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:11 pm

RichDad

RichDad
Manager - Equity Analytics

I would like to call my self a lucky full time investor.
I started investing in October 2010 and I want to learn in and out of the market in the forthcoming years and become a matured investor.

My target is to be the next DP in 2018 and next WB in 2027!
I will do it!

13Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

godswen wrote:
LoveMoney wrote:
Robert Kiosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad and many more)

Dude, I've read this book, Rich dad and Poor dad! Smile

Rich Dad Poor Dad is available at Cargils Book shop .

Anyone who wanted to build a sound financial foundation should read this book. Remember not to leave the story like content in first 100 pages.

14Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 pm

nkalansu

LoveMoney wrote:@Godswen, that is not the only book from him, he has written and made audios out of those books; there are many. His teaching and the vision inspired to become and investor and to plan my retirement. Here are the books and audios from him, find them and listen to them if you interested. some of them are;

1. 8 Rules of money
2. Cashflow Quadrant - Rich Dad's guide to financial freedom
3. Real book of Real State
4. Rich Dad Poor Dad
5. How to be wealthy in a changing world
6. Rich Dad's guide to investing
7. Guide to becoming rich
8. Increase your financial IQ
9. Rich Dad's prophecy
10. Retire young, Retire Rich
11. Rich Dad's who took my money
12. Success Stories
13. Rich Dad's advisors series - Own your own corporation
14. Rich Dad's advisors series - Real estate advantages
15. Rich Dad's advisors series - Sales dogs;You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
16. Rich Dad's advisors series - The abc's of property managment
17. Rich Dad's advisors series - The abc's of building a business team

Those are are audio books I have listen to so far from Robert Kiosaki

Robert Kiyosaki's.... "Cashflow Quadrant - Rich Dad's guide to financial freedom"... is a great book...

15Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty help me Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:49 pm

kalindu.liyanage

Stock Trader

tell me about something to buy.plz Exclamation

16Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:57 pm

maddu

maddu

By Robert Kiosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad)

Here it is...

http://www.bachaccountants.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/RichDadPoorDad.pdf

17Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:23 pm

invest-abc

I also quit my job about 8 months back and now engaged in trading at CSE on a full time basis. I do bit of both..trading / investing. about 90% of my funds are locked in to MT / LT investments where as I use the balance for mostly swing trading. Unlike investing, when I am trading I only trade with a very selected few stock which I know the behavior very well. But last couple of weeks have been bit difficult with low volumes and continuously declining market. I really wished we had the option to short sell at CSE.

18Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Empty Re: Im a full time trader..wot abt u? Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:35 pm

chandika91

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

maddu wrote:By Robert Kiosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad)

Here it is...

http://www.bachaccountants.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/RichDadPoorDad.pdf

i have read this book anyway thank you for sharing this link & do you know any other link for Kiosaki's other books...if u know plz mention it here Smile Smile Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum