FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Yesterday at 11:00 am

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Yesterday at 8:51 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Yesterday at 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Yesterday at 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Yesterday at 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by kasunkumara Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:41 pm

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:19 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by nilantha suranga Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

» LOLC Group's stunning performance goes beyond numbers!
by bkasun Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:21 pm

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:39 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:33 pm

» Will CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC (CTC.N0000) delist from the CSE?
by rajithasahan Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:40 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by smallinvestor Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:50 pm

» ලොව වැඩිම පොලී ගෙවන රට බවට ශ්‍රි ලංකාව පත් වෙයි
by Beyondsenses Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:43 pm

» Suspension of Parate Execution: Impact to Banking Sector Shares
by God Father Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:15 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:33 pm

» Excellent Report pending From CTC (Keep eye on CTC )
by ddrperera Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:11 pm

» Investor Alert: Sri Lanka Stock Brokering Mafia Strongly Active!
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:29 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)

+132
sanjulanka
morphy
DimuthuKW
kusxn
ADVENTUS
target1
gayanhdd
stockie
abp1970
Junior investor
celtic tiger
කාලි
Sihas005
learningthemarket
Gowri123
Ruwan925
David VKMS
wolfie
hanuma
THASSIM
engineer
desmond
drunkencub
Julie
High-flyer
KILLER99
Sachira90
Tiger_Wolf
Karthick
Kanishka_2020
thankrishan
snipo
sujeewahhs
100Bill
kumarweerarathne
mah2903
Bakkabwoi
MR.T5n
Riz123
Champ888
krishna
Wickyz
wmsameera
dammika.me
lal62
kottuwa
Bilal
noels
dayandacool
Mick
bizniz
shan31
C.THARANGA
SL-INVESTOR
THUWA
INDY 500
Soilconomy
MarketWch
Hairoos
heroxhere
moh
AmateurTrader001
Teller
slmarket
Thinker
Accountant
Priya59
Invest-Wise
sharlinr1
jason12
LEO55
Meashed
sureshot
deli
reyaz
cseguide
Love Boy
nish84
Ahilan007
කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020
Tradewise
stockback
DamithAsian
RajapaksaDON
judecroos
Dilip
Chathur
dhanushkacse
FireandWater
Value Pick
Miss-Sangeetha
xpmurali
Kipling
NHS
gosrilanka
CSEdeSILVA
lakymahesh
suku502
XXX
Vishwanarth
Master D
Hope123
Mithooshan
geeshanpradeep
subash81
ronstyn53
vikey
Captain
VS
Vlodio
Bargain
geesura
Win Win
jaya
Equityinvestor
MaJa
arun.cse
samaritan
EPS
abey
Kevinmikegrit
RJ1010
Mr. X
desh87
Beta1
Inthikahb M Wazeer
ShLee
ONTHEMONEY
Detective
DKbogols
Ahammed dilshad dilshad A
136 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 40]

126EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:47 pm

Vishwanarth

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Senior investor known as Wallstreet in an other site says....
I have prepared another table which comprises of few scenarios to map out the estimated target price for EXPO which has now become a hot share in CSE.

*EXPO last 2Q EPS now stands Rs3.21. As a result of all the information mentioned by all of us in this thread we know that company will perform well in future two quarters as well.

*Colored figures are only estimated figures by my self.

*Company should perform well in the next two quarters as expected by me to reach the below mentioned EPS figures and the estimated future price of EXPO.

*I strongly believe that this is fair expectation provided the company delivers expected profits in future.

Annual expected EPS is 6. 96 and market price 55(Average)

*This is not a buy or sell recommendation.

*Disc - hold

Last edited by Vishwanarth on Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mithooshan and subash81 like this post

127EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:50 pm

Mithooshan

Vishwanarth wrote:Senior investor known as Wallstreet in an other site says...

I have prepared another table which comprises of few scenarios to map out the estimated target price for EXPO which has now become a hot share in CSE.

*EXPO last 2Q EPS now stands Rs3.21. As a result of all the information mentioned by all of us in this thread we know that company will perform well in future two quarters as well.

*Company should perform well in the next two quarters as expected by me to reach the below mentioned EPS figures and the estimated future price of EXPO.

*I strongly believe that this is fair expectation provided the company delivers expected profits in future.

*Disc - hold

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 66f3ab10

The picture shared by wall street.

All credit to Wall Street

lal62 and Vishwanarth like this post

128EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 pm

ONTHEMONEY

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hi all,

It is delightful to observe EXPOs financials for 1H20 which is OVERWELMING and I see EXPO have the legs to become the BEST EARNINGS/PROFIT GENERATOR in CSE for the FY 2020/21 BEATING TOP BANKS AND BIGGEST CONGLOMERATES.

Who is EXPO??

Its a MULTINATIONAL COMPANY operating in 27 countries with 40 business units approximately catering the GLOBAL DEMAND. The business with core regions spanning to Africa in the west and the United States in the east, and also has a powerful network of agents in Europe. EXPO ranted 26th in AIR Freight and 44th in Ocean freight GLOBALLY.

How EXPO achieved this much of a GROWTH?

The capital alliance in May 2014 with SG Holdings and strategic changes in the operating model together with aggressive expansion in GLOBAL FOOTPRINT targeting the growth in market share is the foundation laid during 2017~2018 end. 

Impact of C19 - Due to its Light Asset model, EXPO agile enough to cater the emergent opportunities created through C19 mainly the PPE and C19 vaccine which is on the cards.

The impact of PPE in EXPO growth in 2Q20?

Based on the available information by the mother company, the PPE contribution for logistics business of EXPO was only 5%~7% and EXPO experienced a rebound in usual business operations which has contributed the MOST to EXPOs profits in 2Q20. 

In particular the RETAIL and TECH categories from China mostly which are some of the new business channels on top of traditional apparel forwarding. EXPO is the largest forwarder for Fitbit and HP. The well know giants know as Target and Home Dept. in retail business are some of the key clients of EXPO. Also, EXPO have secured key clients namely GAP, Lululemon, American Eagle, PVH, etc.

Key competitive Advantages of EXPO?

The ability to get funding substantially cheaper interest rates cf. Sri Lankan Banks from its mother co. since Japanese interest rates are negative for deposits. Hence, SG is beneficial even if they lend at 1% to EXPO. This helps EXPO to bid BEST PRICE and have deep pockets in PRICE NEGOTIATIONS.

Having KEY STRONG CLIENTS generating substantial business volumes explained above

EXPO aggressive presence in Global markets in particular in China and India in recent years

Diversified revenue generating product portfolio containing essentials and emerging tech equipment across the GLOBE

Efficient ERP solutions catering the just in time needs of the global clients

KEY TAKE AWAYS in EXPO for FUTURE

Continuous GLOBAL EXPANSIONS highly possible in Central America and Euro zone which would be STRATEGICALLY IMPORTANT to GROW more business

Increasing the number of PRODUCT VARIENTS handled through forwarding to improve more revenue channels.

Increasing KEY ACCOUNTS similar to what they enjoy now. 

I will rework the valuations with latest financial of EXPO which I see as a GOLD MINE in CSE.

Good Luck

Note - This is not a BUY or SELL recommendation and please research more to make a final call of your positions.

vikey, EPS, RJ1010, Mithooshan, Win Win and subash81 like this post

129EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 pm

Vishwanarth

Mithooshan wrote:
Vishwanarth wrote:Senior investor known as Wallstreet in an other site says...

*Disc - hold

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 66f3ab10

The picture shared by wall street.

All credit to Wall Street.

Its great learnt friends can comment on this. I think this is a fair computation

EPS likes this post

130EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:53 pm

Win Win

Actually, I had not EXPO. Added 1,000 shares today. Try to add more with limited cash.

Really need to tell,,

DIPD, HAYC, EXPO will give massive gains for investors from current market price. Current market prices are good to enter. Most of other shares in CSE have reached its upper levels, can't say totally over valued.

But, HAYC & EXPO can maintain this good times more & more and record same great performance in future !! Minimum capital gain expected from HAYC / EXPO is more than 40 %

DIPD has more potential to grow with its opportunities and competitive advantages !! No limit, they need capacity enhancements to cater more opportunities in the market. DIPD will reach Rs.600 with out a doubt.

HAYL can give a good capital gain in short term as VONE. It will touch Rs.500.

Profit Generators..

vikey and Mithooshan like this post

131EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:22 pm

ONTHEMONEY

Hi All,

Thought of giving my opinion on EXPO with the published results with info I gathered from my research avenues; will start off with the below summary on results with last years data points.

Year
Profit
EPS
Dividend Payout
2021 1H

2021 Q2

2021 Q1

Negative
No Dividends
20%
41%
31%
21%
38%

While most of above are self-explanatory let me give my perspective on what we can expect in coming quarters;

SCENARIO I - HIGHLY PESIMISTIC VIEW

1H EPS -  3.21
2H EPS -  1.16 (25% of Q2 EPS delivery in coming two quarters considering on a conservative model)

Total estimated EPS = 4.37
Estimated Market value = 43.7 (Market of 10x Multiplier)

SCENARIO II - REALISITIC VIEW

1H EPS -  3.21
2H EPS -  2.32 (50% of Q2 EPS delivery in coming two quarters considering on a conservative model)

Total estimated EPS = 5.53
Estimated Market value = 55.3 (Market of 10x Multiplier)

SCENARIO III - HIGHLY OPTIMISTIC VIEW

1H EPS -  3.21
2H EPS -  3.48 (75% of Q2 EPS delivery in coming two quarters considering on a conservative model)

Total estimated EPS = 6.69
Estimated Market value = 66.9 (Market of 10x Multiplier)

Notes (As at 09.11.2020)
Current Market P/E  = 10.36
Sector P/E                  =  46

In depth evaluation of the Financial Performance in 2Q20
How will EXPO maintain/ increase the same Q2 profits; If you analyze the data well, you will understand the reduction in the total reported volumes (SGH info) vs Q1 ( Drop of 35%) while an significant increase in profits. How is this possible in a scenario where comparative C19 impact was lesser compared to Q1? My hypothesis is the stabilization of their general business along with a partial support from PPE transportation which should be less than Q1. Which gives an indication on how they are no more only a company which depends only in PPE transportation. This also revalidates with the use of significantly higher number of charter flights to transport a significantly lesser volume vs Q1 (25% more). My takeout completely will be a continuation of EXPOs strength on their ability and agility to deliver business requirements with a larger number of charter flights will deliver even higher EPS in coming quarters with a help of an increased PPE transportation with the current C19 development vs Q2.          

This pushes me to put my expectation towards a SCENARIO I - HIGHLY PESIMISTIC as the minimum to be on the safe side. However, this can be reassess valuations with 3Q20 earnings which I will still keep my hopes towards the SCENARIO II - REALISTIC VIEW; with a Dividend expectation of Rupees 1.80~2 with company’s historical dividend payout ratio. (Average 30%)

PS : For all the critics who still wants to check only the NAV, my submission is to check global giants like Amazon, Uber and even most of the established companies who works on a no | minimum Fixed assets policy to have the advantage on flexibility | agility to market volatilities.

For those who think of Expo as a COVID stock, I think we need to move away from that assumption. Although Expo benefited from C19, Q2 results clearly indicate they are not dependent on corona. They used COVID to fundamentally change the company. Everyone in the forwarding industry now know of Expo as a logistics powerhouse in Asia. I believe it will remain that way even after COVID ends

Not a BUY or SELL Recommendation; Just sharing my views. Please read more about the company in depth and take your positions taking calculated risk as EXPO reached many heights from very low levels.

Good Luck

vikey, EPS, Mithooshan, subash81 and XXX like this post

132EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:24 pm

ONTHEMONEY

Hi All,

Thought of giving my opinion on EXPO with the published results with info I gathered from my research avenues; will start off with the below summary on results with last years data points.

Year
Profit
EPS
Dividend Payout
2021 1H

2021 Q2

2021 Q1

Negative
No Dividends
20%
41%
31%
21%
38%

While most of above are self-explanatory let me give my perspective on what we can expect in coming quarters;

SCENARIO I - HIGHLY PESIMISTIC VIEW

1H EPS -  3.21
2H EPS -  1.16 (25% of Q2 EPS delivery in coming two quarters considering on a conservative model)

Total estimated EPS = 4.37
Estimated Market value = 43.7 (Market of 10x Multiplier)

SCENARIO II - REALISITIC VIEW

1H EPS -  3.21
2H EPS -  2.32 (50% of Q2 EPS delivery in coming two quarters considering on a conservative model)

Total estimated EPS = 5.53
Estimated Market value = 55.3 (Market of 10x Multiplier)

SCENARIO III - HIGHLY OPTIMISTIC VIEW

1H EPS -  3.21
2H EPS -  3.48 (75% of Q2 EPS delivery in coming two quarters considering on a conservative model)

Total estimated EPS = 6.69
Estimated Market value = 66.9 (Market of 10x Multiplier)

Notes (As at 09.11.2020)
Current Market P/E  = 10.36
Sector P/E                  =  46

In depth evaluation of the Financial Performance in 2Q20

How will EXPO maintain/ increase the same Q2 profits; If you analyze the data well, you will understand the reduction in the total reported volumes (SGH info) vs Q1 ( Drop of 35%) while an significant increase in profits. 

How is this possible in a scenario where comparative C19 impact was lesser compared to Q1? My hypothesis is the stabilization of their general business along with a partial support from PPE transportation which should be less than Q1. Which gives an indication on how they are no more only a company which depends only in PPE transportation. This also revalidates with the use of significantly higher number of charter flights to transport a significantly lesser volume vs Q1 (25% more). 

My takeout completely will be a continuation of EXPOs strength on their ability and agility to deliver business requirements with a larger number of charter flights will deliver even higher EPS in coming quarters with a help of an increased PPE transportation with the current C19 development vs Q2.          

This pushes me to put my expectation towards a SCENARIO I - HIGHLY PESIMISTIC as the minimum to be on the safe side. However, valuations can be reassessed with 3Q20 earnings which I will still keep my hopes towards the SCENARIO II - REALISTIC VIEW; with a Dividend expectation of Rupees 1.80~2 with company’s historical dividend payout ratio. (Average 30%)

PS : For all the critics who still wants to check only the NAV, my submission is to check global giants like Amazon, Uber and even most of the established companies who works on a no | minimum Fixed assets policy to have the advantage on flexibility | agility to market volatilities.

For those who think of Expo as a COVID stock, I think we need to move away from that assumption. Although Expo benefited from C19, Q2 results clearly indicate they are not dependent on corona. They used COVID to fundamentally change the company. Everyone in the forwarding industry now know of Expo as a logistics powerhouse in Asia. I believe it will remain that way even after COVID ends

Note - Not a BUY or SELL Recommendation; Just sharing my views only. Please read more about the company in depth and take your positions taking calculated risk as EXPO reached many heights from very low levels.

Good Luck

vikey, EPS, Cma, Kipling, gosrilanka, RJ1010, Mithooshan and like this post

133EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:40 pm

Vishwanarth

Thankyou very much learnt senior members for forwarding their wonderful ways of analysis. Rather than in a blind race of buy and sell this kind of professional approaches are exceptional. Lots of valuable insights, sights and foresights.
Very interesting.

vikey and EPS like this post

134EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:45 pm

gosrilanka

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

@ONTHEMONEY - Practically very good analysis, Thanks a lot...

Vishwanarth likes this post

135EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Mithooshan

@Onthemoney - Great piece of work right there mate. Well done. I love to read your analysis anytime any day. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Kipling and Vishwanarth like this post

136EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:01 am

Mithooshan

Expolanka records revenue of Rs.49Bn and PAT of Rs.4.5Bn in Q2 FY 2021

Author LBO
Posted on November 9, 2020 | Companies, Featured, Industry, Shipping and Transport
Expolanka-Holdings-PLC

Expolanka Holdings PLC secured exceptionally strong top and bottom line growth during the quarter ended 30 September 2020 (2Q20), largely as a result of a focused and consistent strategy along with the ability to stay agile and optimize opportunities presented in a dynamic operating environment.

Fueled by surging demand for emergency supplies via air freight into North American markets, Group Revenue expanded by 71% Year-on-Year (YoY) to Rs. 49.1 billion while Group Profit After Tax (PAT) registered an outstanding Rs 4.5 billion for the quarter under review.

Growth in the logistics sector was attributed to key strategic initiatives undertaken by the company in addition to its ability to pivot to opportunities in the market, particularly in response to the need for emergency medical supplies and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) essential to combatting COVID-19 on extremely tight schedules.

With economies tentatively opening up, regular business was starting to return by the end of the quarter while PPE orders were gradually easing. However, the company stands fully geared to service new opportunities which may present itself in such an evolving environment.

Lower volumes of freight during Q1 and the initial weeks of Q2 were largely offset by a spike in Airline rates, leading to the Group’s logistics sector recording a 76% YoY increase in revenue up to Rs. 48 billion.The impressive growth in the Air Freight market has displayed signs of a return to normalcy and the company is mindful that yields are likely to taper off as market conditions stabilise in the coming months.

Activity across Europe and Intra Asia Trade Lanes remained fairly muted,however these conditions were largely offset by surging demand from North American trade lanes- the largest contributor of business. The Company’s 3PL business continued to record healthy growth.

Enhanced agility across sales, procurement and origin operations enabled the group to operate in the most efficient manner.This was augmented by the group ERP platform, which utilised automation and standardization to enhance operational capabilities.

A key factor in the success of the company’slogistics business has been its customer centricity, which it further enhanced with technological capabilities, while providing visibility to customers and securing greater efficiency across the breadth its operations.

Like all of its industry peers, the performance of Expolanka’s leisure sector was significantly impaired during the quarter as the pandemic forced the prolonged closure of airports and the institution of travel bans across the globe.

Consequently, the sector redirected its focus towards restructuringbusiness operations with a view to optimize opportunities when normalcy returns, while exploring new opportunities in serving innovative and experiential travel requirements emerging from a post-COVID landscape.Over the short-medium term, these will include a greater emphasis on serving the domestic market, while restructuring the business in order to remain lean and efficient.

Meanwhile, the Group’s investment sector generated revenue of Rs 635 million, driven primarily by its support for export operations. Similarly, its technology services company, ITX, was also able to secure encouraging and stable growth during the quarter in review.

The company remains vigilant towards uncertainties in the business environment, following through on long term strategy, managing operations proactively, and maintaining open lines of communication with customers and business partners.

EPS and Vishwanarth like this post

137EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:24 am

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

"ON THE MONEY" - Thank you for your deep input here.
What I can see is, they will easily hit PBT of 15 Bn end of ongoing FY.
Thinking best performing quarter will be 3rd quarter. Expecting further improved results for Q3.
EXPO is each months, more than the One Billion earning company. This is remarkable achievement.
So, my valuation says EXPO will easily break Rs.50 in coming three months.   
Its 30 to 40 price uptrend, sometimes we can see within 02/03 days.
You will see, in very soon, daily Rs.4 - Rs.5 price increasing patterns in coming days.
In history, last 05 years EXPOS trailing PER always above 12.
My valuation for EXPO, 7.5 EPS x 8 PER = Rs.60 plus
But, thinking many attraction can comes to EXPO and can go up further.
EXPO should mostly go above the Rs.50 during this FY.
Happy trading.

samaritan, Kipling, heroxhere, Mithooshan and NHS like this post

138EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:46 am

Mithooshan

EXPO in Top 10 now ! 🙌🏾

- Stock market turnover tops Rs. 5.5 b, powered by retailers.
- Expolanka dominates demand and trading; joins league of Top 10 companies by market capitalization after being ranked 19th in end October

Turnover at the Colombo stock market topped the Rs. 5.5 billion mark yesterday as investors continued to savour listed equities on the back of recent gains.

On Friday turnover was Rs. 4.99 billion and yesterday’s performance marked the second consecutive session of near or above Rs. 5 billion turnover. The All Share Price Index (ASPI) gained by over 34 points or 0.57%, just 0.2% short of moving to year-to-date positive territory. The S&P SL20 index gained by over nine points or 0.4%.

Expolanka, which announced stellar results for the second quarter, dominated investor interest. Over 57 million of its shares changed hands via 5,245 trades for Rs. 1.63 billion accounting for 30% of the turnover. It hit an intra-day high of Rs. 30 before closing at Rs. 28.20, up by 14%. Expolanka also contributed near 16% for the ASPI’s gain.

Expolanka also joined the league of Top 10 companies by market capitalisation yesterday with a value of Rs. 55.13 billion. In end October Expolanka with Rs. 18.10 as share price was ranked at number 19 with a value of Rs. 35.38 billion.

Royal Ceramics, which also reported impressive earnings, CIC Holdings, Hayleys Plc and Lanka Walltiles were among top turnover contributors.

Singer Industries and Singer Sri Lanka (up 23.5% and 22.8% respectively), Richard Peiries, Vallibel One and Carsons were among top contributors to ASPI’s gain.

First Capital said amidst heavy retail optimism, the market sustained over the 6,000 psychological level for the third consecutive session, posting a Rs. 5 billion plus turnover after three-and-a-half weeks.

“Index witnessed a downtrend during the early hour of trading as it hit its intraday-low of 6,075. Later the market bounced back and recorded an upward movement and closed at 6,115, gaining 34 points,” it added.

Asia Securities said the market remained steady as most companies that reported corporate earnings exceeded expectations and the easing of containment measures further improved investor sentiment. Activity was mainly dominated by HNI and retail participation. Both indices witnessed a marginal drop during the first hour of trading, however recovered towards the latter end of the day.

NDB Securities said high net worth and institutional investor participation was noted in United Motors Lanka. Mixed interest was observed in Hayleys, Dipped Products and Royal Ceramics, whilst retail interest was noted in Lanka Walltiles, CIC Holdings and Richard Pieris & Company.

Transportation sector was the top contributor to the market turnover (due to Expolanka Holdings), whilst the sector index gained 14.10%.

Capital Goods sector was the second highest contributor to the market turnover (due to Royal Ceramics, Hayleys and Lanka Walltiles), whilst the sector index increased by 1.47%. The share price of Royal Ceramics lost Rs. 10.60 (6.52%) to close at Rs. 152.10. Furthermore, the share price of Hayleys recorded a gain of Rs. 11.80 (2.76%) to close at Rs. 439.50, whilst the share price of Lanka Walltiles appreciated by Rs. 12.60 (11.66%) to close at Rs. 120.70.

CIC Holdings was also included amongst the top turnover contributors. The share price of CIC Holdings moved up by Rs. 3.30 (2.60%) to close at Rs. 130.40.

EPS, NHS and subash81 like this post

139EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:23 am

NHS

Stock Trader

Usually the 3rd quarter expo Lanka has profited in previous financial statements as demand for logistic services increases during this period. Hope to see bigger profits🥳

Kipling likes this post

140EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:29 am

Vishwanarth

Good new for investor Motivation.. 😊

By Christiana Sciaudone

Investing.com -- Markets soared in the U.S. as a potential vaccine promises a post-Covid life. Tech missed the boat.

Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) said its Covid-19 vaccine is 90% effective at preventing infection, and investors threw an airline-cruise-leisure party in response.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 835 points, or 2.95%, while the S&P 500 was up 1.15% and the Nasdaq Composite fell 1.5%.

Pfizer and partner Biontech Se (NASDAQ:BNTX) will seek regulatory approval for the vaccine by the end of November. The company said it could manufacture and distribute 1.3 billion doses by the end of next year.

President-elect Joe Biden nonetheless warned that the U.S. is facing a “dark winter” with infections soaring in the U.S. and abroad, and the vaccine not yet approved by regulators.

Travel and leisure stocks rallied, with AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) soaring 50%, Carnival (NYSE:CUK) Corporation up 39% and Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) up 18%, as the vaccine promises to be a ticket to ride. Airlines also soared, with JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ:JBLU) Corp up 21% and Spirit Airlines (NYSE:SAVE) Inc rising 21%.

Stay-at-home winners turned into losers, with Zoom Video Communications (NASDAQ:ZM) Inc tumbling 17% and Peloton (NASDAQ:PTON) down 20%, days after reporting strong demand for its bikes.

In non-vaccine related news, Beyond Meat (NASDAQ:BYND) was temporarily halted after McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) said it was developing a proprietary plant-based product. But then Beyond Meat came out and said, in fact, it is co-creating the McPlant patties, reversing losses.

Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB) tumbled 30% after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration voted against its experimental Alzheimer's treatment.

Tech stocks sat out the rally, with Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) to Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) falling.

Monday also marked the first trading day after Joe Biden was projected as the United States of America's 46th president.

Gold melted down on the vaccine news, sinking some 5% at one point. Oil jumped almost 10% on hopes the economy will be making a comeback as governments are expected to let us out again upon vaccination.

Mithooshan likes this post

141EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:32 am

Kipling

Expert
Expert

OnTheMoney
Simply brilliant. You called it way way before. 
There exists another company that is the Holding Co of a diversified grouping (TO 40 Bn) & all SBUs recovering & well positioned to do well in current environment. Even Plantation & Tourism will post stellar results & former already doing so. Land rich (2 prime Colombo property with combined 2 Acre) & as at June CSE investments @ 2BN. Big fish under radar massive collection. On other forum I read properties alone @ conservative valuations take NAV to 60 as these classified investment property hence BS caries not at market but cost. Please review as this could be next 10 bagger.

142EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:14 am

geesura

geesura

Kipling wrote:OnTheMoney
There exists another company that is the Holding Co of a diversified grouping (TO 40 Bn) & all SBUs recovering & well positioned to do well in current environment. Even Plantation & Tourism will post stellar results & former already doing so. Land rich (2 prime Colombo property with combined 2 Acre) & as at June CSE investments @ 2BN. Big fish under radar massive collection. On other forum I read properties alone @ conservative valuations take NAV to 60 as these classified investment property hence BS caries not at market but cost. Please review as this could be next 10 bagger.
🤔🤔melsta?

143EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:17 am

Mithooshan

geesura wrote:
🤔🤔melsta?

I think he is referring to CFLB and COLO group. 🙂

RJ1010 and geesura like this post

144EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:49 am

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

Everyone stops talking about EXPO’s “LEISURE SECTOR”
More positive news on COVID  Vaccine and then improvements to Hotels sector.

06 months ended to Sep 2019 – Leisure Sector Revenue 651 Mn and its Profits were 103 Mn.
But,
06 months ended to Sep 2020 – Leisure Sector Revenue 107 Mn and it makes Losses (85) Mn.

It will start performing again. So EXPO having more benefits in future.

Happy Trading

145EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:53 am

Kipling

Expert
Expert

Spot on Mith
I get a lot of information on other forum. 
Commendations to you too on EXPO. I think with Company performance + next 2 Q prospects + coming mega bull especially post 17th & BR appointment this will hit 60 with ease. 
Work on Cflb as it will give a run on par with expo for different reasons. 🤨
Retirement & 8-5 grind could end. Sick of corporate politics. Must have my own wealth. Will never be favorite of boss as poor at a—l—-

146EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:05 am

Mithooshan

Kipling wrote:Spot on Mith
Commendations to you too on EXPO. I think with Company performance + next 2 Q prospects + coming mega bull especially post 17th & BR appointment this will hit 60 with ease. 
Retirement & 8-5 grind could end. Sick of corporate politics. Must have my own wealth. Will never be favorite of boss as poor at a—l—-

Thank you so much
I don’t know much about the Group @Kipling. Will work on it. 🙂

I would be happy too if one day i could put an end to 8:30 to 5:30 lifestyle.

Last edited by Mithooshan on Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

147EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:06 am

subash81

COLO OR CFLB  Question

148EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:09 am

samaritan

Mithooshan wrote:

Thank you so much
I don’t know much about the Group @Kipling. Will work on it. :slight_smile:

When you work from home 8.30 to 5.30 does not apply.EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Icon_lol

149EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:11 am

xpmurali

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

SUN.N ???

150EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:11 am

Mithooshan

samaritan wrote:
Mithooshan wrote:

Thank you so much
I don’t know much about the Group @Kipling. Will work on it. 🙂

When you work from home 8.30 to 5.30 does not apply.EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Icon_lol

Oh yes, and there is that 😂

151EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:18 am

Mr. X

Mr. X

Collection Alert...

RJ1010 likes this post

152EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:27 am

Miss-Sangeetha

Miss-Sangeetha

LOLC dollar ship from Cambodia experts, quarter experts along with PV inner bullish analysis experts are once again very active under one umbrella EXPO  Surprised Shocked

Last edited by Miss-Sangeetha on Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

desh87 likes this post

153EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:33 am

Vishwanarth

Whole market seems down... Not one share.. Even DIPD, KVAL
Lets see

154EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:35 am

Captain

That how collecting the EXPO

geesura likes this post

155EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 6 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:37 am

jaya

Smart Collection

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum