FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» TAP and Greg from Tomorrow
by jaya Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» BOGALA GRAPHITE LANKA PLC (BOGA.N0000)
by jehan008 Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Yesterday at 8:40 pm

» Fertilizer ban relaxed: Stock-watch CIC
by SAGA Yesterday at 8:38 pm

» EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000)
by dayandacool Yesterday at 6:44 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 4:06 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC
by Eranx Yesterday at 3:03 pm

» CHOT Massively undervalued share..
by Eranx Yesterday at 2:57 pm

» GRAN/TAFL/BFL
by samaritan Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC
by Eranx Yesterday at 1:16 pm

» L B FINANCE PLC (LFIN.N0000)
by Eranx Yesterday at 12:47 pm

» PRINTCARE PLC (CARE.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 12:06 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:31 am

» Browns bullish on investments in local, international hotels
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:01 am

» SDR allocation reports put CSE in bullish mode; turnover exceeds Rs. 6 billion
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:57 am

» PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC (GLAS.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 9:27 am

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by Invest-Wise Yesterday at 8:51 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Dilip Yesterday at 8:51 am

» LGL and LMF run on the card
by jaya Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:34 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)

+31
hanuma
Good bad
arun.cse
Hope123
dayandacool
Vishwanarth
chandike73
Accountant
RJ1010
Chathur
shan31
Hawk Eye
cseguide
LEO55
Dilshan2020
David VKMS
soileconomy
Wickyz
Gowri123
ONTHEMONEY
Bakkabwoi
Meashed
Captain
samaritan
Mr. X
DimuthuKW
ADVENTUS
EPS
SAGA
Beta1
Value Pick
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:43 pm

Meashed


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@ONTHEMONEY wrote:
@ONTHEMONEY wrote:
@Value Pick wrote:
@Gowri123 wrote:
@ONTHEMONEY wrote:Hi all,

Fingers crossed. Better things to be expected hopefully.  

Good Luck 

Can we expect final Dividends from Expo?
If anybody wants a good dividend then buy VPEL.

EXPO is a growing company. Expecting dividends from them is not fair & don't buy EXPO expecting dividends.

EXPO should not run on dividend base. If it is possible they will give. Expect capital gains from EXPO
Hi all, 


Yes.! The parent company SG Holdings are REINVESTING PROFITS. Considering the current expansions in terms of geographical branch expansions and strategic partnership the dividends may be a surprise for you.

If you’re in top 20, can see you in the AGM EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 1f60e

All in all EXPO is the 21st CENTURY BLUE CHIP for me in SL

Good Luck 
Hi all, 


I REPEAT - EXPO is the 21st CENTURY BLUE CHIP for me in SL. 

The local investor’s are unaware of EXPO’s future. They are impatient since they keep on selling this golden share in the 50~51 range and now even with an INTERIM DIVIDEND of Rs 1.17 we can see how wise the investors are.

Many felt that EXPO is COVID STOCK. 

EXPO is NO MORE A COVID STOCK. 

1. EXPO,In the past years have DIVERSIFIED their business from mainly transporting apparel to other products such as smartphones, laptop, electric items etc. 

2. The business model in nutshell is, top brands market, factories produce and EFL ship it. 

3. EXPOs main customers are Gap, Lululemon, American Eagle, PVH. On tech side, EXPO have Fitbit, HP and few others. The latest addition is BLACK & DECOR. 

4. Now EXPO is pushing for American car companies and their components manufacturers since EXPO has an established presence in the US. Only way to make money in automobile logistics is through components. Not through the end product.

Sagawa Holdings future plan for EXPO is excellent which will MASSIVELY benefit EFL to EXPAND GLOBALLY in a much larger scale.

Hence, I am not worried about SHORT TERM HEAD WINDS and PANIC VOLATILITIES. EXPO is a GIANT GLOBAL COMPANY LISTED in CSE though it has the POTENTIAL to be listed in NYSE considering the GLOBAL PRESENSE.

Good Luck

Totally agree. If you are a wise investor you have made it pass the barrier. Yes there is a possibility of EXPO listed in NYSE with its coverage expanding in the USA..  better days are ahead for those who master patience.

abp1970, Captain, ADVENTUS, Bakkabwoi, mah2903 and Dilshan2020 like this post

52EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:37 pm

Beta1


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
*What you need to understand about EXPO.N dividend scheme going forward?*


*EXPO* was giving an annual dividend of Rs 0.12 - Rs. 0.15 per share since 2012 to 2019. In 2020, they declared a Rs. 0.50 dividend per share. 


Since its acquisition by SG Holdings of Japan who also owns Hitachi Freight Transportation during the COVID-19 pandemic has immensely gained due to EXPOLANKA’s own offices in Asia, Europe and USA and Latin America.


Now Expolanka has started giving interim dividends due to its high net profit every quarter and has declared its 1st interim dividend for the current year on 21st June 2021 of Rs. 1.17 per share ahead of its current quarter results.


Remember there are 3 more quarters to go and generally we *can expect at least 3-4 interim dividends* from multinational companies like EXPOLANKA. 


*So now you make your decision on what you want to do with your EXPO share that should touch Rs. 72 in this year.*

ONTHEMONEY and cseguide like this post

53EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:46 pm

cseguide


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ONTHEMONEY wrote:
@ONTHEMONEY wrote:
@Value Pick wrote:
@Gowri123 wrote:
@ONTHEMONEY wrote:Hi all,

Fingers crossed. Better things to be expected hopefully.  

Good Luck 

Can we expect final Dividends from Expo?
If anybody wants a good dividend then buy VPEL.

EXPO is a growing company. Expecting dividends from them is not fair & don't buy EXPO expecting dividends.

EXPO should not run on dividend base. If it is possible they will give. Expect capital gains from EXPO
Hi all, 


Yes.! The parent company SG Holdings are REINVESTING PROFITS. Considering the current expansions in terms of geographical branch expansions and strategic partnership the dividends may be a surprise for you.

If you’re in top 20, can see you in the AGM EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 1f60e

All in all EXPO is the 21st CENTURY BLUE CHIP for me in SL

Good Luck 
Hi all, 


I REPEAT - EXPO is the 21st CENTURY BLUE CHIP for me in SL. 

The local investor’s are unaware of EXPO’s future. They are impatient since they keep on selling this golden share in the 50~51 range and now even with an INTERIM DIVIDEND of Rs 1.17 we can see how wise the investors are.

Many felt that EXPO is COVID STOCK. 

EXPO is NO MORE A COVID STOCK. 

1. EXPO,In the past years have DIVERSIFIED their business from mainly transporting apparel to other products such as smartphones, laptop, electric items etc. 

2. The business model in nutshell is, top brands market, factories produce and EFL ship it. 

3. EXPOs main customers are Gap, Lululemon, American Eagle, PVH. On tech side, EXPO have Fitbit, HP and few others. The latest addition is BLACK & DECOR. 

4. Now EXPO is pushing for American car companies and their components manufacturers since EXPO has an established presence in the US. Only way to make money in automobile logistics is through components. Not through the end product.

Sagawa Holdings future plan for EXPO is excellent which will MASSIVELY benefit EFL to EXPAND GLOBALLY in a much larger scale.

Hence, I am not worried about SHORT TERM HEAD WINDS and PANIC VOLATILITIES. EXPO is a GIANT GLOBAL COMPANY LISTED in CSE though it has the POTENTIAL to be listed in NYSE considering the GLOBAL PRESENSE.

Good Luck
Totally agree. I said this on one of my post and I have no dought Within short to mid term this will  become number one market capitalized share in CSE  and we should be  very proud to have a such globally accepted company listed in CSE.

ONTHEMONEY and mah2903 like this post

54EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:25 am

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Beta1 wrote:*What you need to understand about EXPO.N dividend scheme going forward?*

*EXPO* was giving an annual dividend of Rs 0.12 - Rs. 0.15 per share since 2012 to 2019. In 2020, they declared a Rs. 0.50 dividend per share. 

Since its acquisition by SG Holdings of Japan who also owns Hitachi Freight Transportation during the COVID-19 pandemic has immensely gained due to EXPOLANKA’s own offices in Asia, Europe and USA and Latin America.

Now Expolanka has started giving interim dividends due to its high net profit every quarter and has declared its 1st interim dividend for the current year on 21st June 2021 of Rs. 1.17 per share ahead of its current quarter results.

Remember there are 3 more quarters to go and generally we *can expect at least 3-4 interim dividends* from multinational companies like EXPOLANKA. 

*So now you make your decision on what you want to do with your EXPO share that should touch Rs. 72 in this year.*
Hi all,


I got in to EXPO since Rs 8/- by analyzing the potential of it. Thanks to some of the super members like @captain and @EPS shedding light on it. 

My research constantly told me NOT TO SELL which I did and shared everyone about how to change YOUR lifestyle by INVESTING in with EXPO. Now, EXPO started PAYING DIVIDENDS on an INTERIM BASIS promising SO much for future.


Good Luck

EPS, Mr. X, Bakkabwoi, mah2903, Gowri123 and Dilshan2020 like this post

55EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:39 am

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Cd52f410

56EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:51 am

Captain


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
20% Div. Return guaranteed for onthemoney future

Should not sell on the money

57EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:36 pm

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Captain wrote:20% Div. Return guaranteed for onthemoney future

Should not sell on the money
Hi Captain,


Only if i loose my mind. I am on COLLECTING mode from TOMORROW. 

Specially when EXPO announced it’s an INTERIM for FY 21/22 and gave the MESSAGE of 1Q22 EARNING is so STRONG in which EXPO share DIVIDENDS well advance.

We can expect much more from EXPO for REMAINING QUARTERS. EXPO is a HIGH VALUED DIAMOND for me. The following are 7 key STRATEGIC POINTS for my justification 


  1. EXPO is FOCUSSED on EXPORT ORIENTED BUSINESS which may not HAMPER with any new Government policy as the country now desperately needs EXPORT EARNINGS  
  2. REVENUE IN USD and OUR INVESTMENT in LKR is HEDGED against any USD/LKR depreciation 
  3. 75% owned by SG Holdings where NO LARGE foreign sell orders like BANKS
  4. 234% growth in EXPOs dividends cf. latest payout of Rs 0.50 cents.
  5. EXPO will surely DELIVER SUPER NORMAL RETURNS than any other company in the market recording HISTORICAL HIGHEST EARNINGS AND GROWTH % by Mid AUGUST [1Q2021/22] and QUARTERS to come.
  6. EXPO is a GLOBAL PLAYER now marketing its services in 29 countries where the AVENUES TO GROW is ENDLESS not like catering to LOCAL MARKET ONLY.
  7. EXPO DIVERSIFIED service offices not only in Sri Lanka which minimize any adverse impact due to any third wave in Sri Lanka. Hence, supply chain disruption risk is minimal.


Therefore, based on above factors together with MACRO FUNDAMENTALS and STRONG FUTURE GROWTH POTENTIAL, I have a STRONG CONFIFDENCE to allocate 50% ~ 60% of my portfolio with EXPO

Note - NOT a BUY| SELL | HOLD recommendation. DYOA before making any decision

shan31, DimuthuKW, mah2903, Gowri123 and Dilshan2020 like this post

58EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:11 pm

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

Look at here parent company (SGH) technical summary. with in a month, share price went up by 20% and even today it has went up 4.3%


https://www.investing.com/equities/sg-holdings

SG Holdings Co Ltd (9143)
up 2,861.0 +118.0 (+4.30%)

5min/15min/Hourly/daily/monthly - all strong buy

Moving Averages - Strong Buy
Technical Indicators Strong Buy
SummaryStrong Buy

ADVENTUS, mah2903 and Dilshan2020 like this post

59EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:09 am

DimuthuKW


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
23 June 2021

EXPO aspire to be among the top 20 in logistics leader

Subsidiary ITX360 to grow into an end-to-end solutions provider among the top 10 in the region.

EXPO ලොජිස්ටික් නායකයා අතර ඉහළම 20 දෙනා අතරට පැමිණීමට අපේක්ෂා කරයි

කලාපයේ * ඉහළම 10 * දෙනා අතරට ITX360 අනුබද්ධිත විසඳුම් සපයන්නෙකු බවට පත්වීම.

https://economynext.com/brand_voice/hanif-yusoof-steering-expolanka-beyond-logistics/

abp1970, Captain, Beta1 and Meashed like this post

60EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:22 am

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hi all,


The following are some MARKET INTELLIGENCE for EXPO before FINANCIALS.


"The largest US trucking company is MORE PROFITABLE THAN EVER despite the capacity and service challenges posed by waves of e-commerce-generated freight and a resurgent industrial economy”

https://www.joc.com/trucking-logistics/ltl-trucking-logistics/fedex-freight/ltl-market-only-getting-tighter-fedex-freight_20210625.html


Good Luck 

DimuthuKW likes this post

61EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:27 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert
Any guys who is here in the Shipping field who can contribute here to give an insight. 

As per my knowledge in the Export field , specifically in USA trade routes rates have almost gone up by 150% compared to the rates exactly one and half years ago. Every month there was a GRI ( General Rate increase ) announced by shipping line.

Two things happened after the Pandemic positively. Due to the extensive relief packages by almost in every country coupled with lower interest rates business got boosted. This increased the Exports from Sri Lanka as well. Secondly the rate increase to sky levels

When I spoke to some Freight Forwarding Companies in Sri Lanka, what I got to know from them is their revenue increased tremendously but margins started plunging. Competition was fierce with space issues in shipping lines

Just note. Sep Qtr 20. Expo reported a Revenue 49Bn, GP margin 21% with PBT of 5.4Bn.

"...EFL continued servicing surging demand for emergency supplies such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) particularly in the first half of the quarter under review. With economies opening up, we witnessed the gradual return of regular business ...>> Quarterly Report Sep 20

Then the December Qtr, Revenue jumped to 57Bn, GP margin dropped to 17% and PBT 4.6Bn


Then comes the noteable Qtr , Mar 21. Revenue 75.5Bn , GP margin further drops to 16%, and PBT Rs.4.2Bn, and the cover note says


Your company continued its unrelenting focus on sales which enabled the company to see volumes from existing customers and new customers whilst Yields continued to remain stable in the face of elevated freight rates
Quarterly Report March 21

We know last year all businesses reported better ever revenue and Profits so obviously EXPO as well. 

Also to take note of its Leisure division losses in this. As a listed entity EXPO has the advantage of grabbing businesses as most of the individually owned freight forwarding companies in a turmoil with this exchange rates, dollar shortages and declining margin.

If EXPO sustains March Qtr Revenue and profit   for Jun 21, then nothing can stop EXPO when things start improving.

62EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:38 pm

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Hawk Eye wrote:Any guys who is here in the Shipping field who can contribute here to give an insight. 

As per my knowledge in the Export field , specifically in USA trade routes rates have almost gone up by 150% compared to the rates exactly one and half years ago. Every month there was a GRI ( General Rate increase ) announced by shipping line.

Two things happened after the Pandemic positively. Due to the extensive relief packages by almost in every country coupled with lower interest rates business got boosted. This increased the Exports from Sri Lanka as well. Secondly the rate increase to sky levels

When I spoke to some Freight Forwarding Companies in Sri Lanka, what I got to know from them is their revenue increased tremendously but margins started plunging. Competition was fierce with space issues in shipping lines

Just note. Sep Qtr 20. Expo reported a Revenue 49Bn, GP margin 21% with PBT of 5.4Bn.

"...EFL continued servicing surging demand for emergency supplies such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) particularly in the first half of the quarter under review. With economies opening up, we witnessed the gradual return of regular business ...>> Quarterly Report Sep 20

Then the December Qtr, Revenue jumped to 57Bn, GP margin dropped to 17% and PBT 4.6Bn


Then comes the noteable Qtr , Mar 21. Revenue 75.5Bn , GP margin further drops to 16%, and PBT Rs.4.2Bn, and the cover note says

Your company continued its unrelenting focus on sales which enabled the company to see volumes from existing customers and new customers whilst Yields continued to remain stable in the face of elevated freight rates
Quarterly Report March 21

We know last year all businesses reported better ever revenue and Profits so obviously EXPO as well. 

Also to take note of its Leisure division losses in this. As a listed entity EXPO has the advantage of grabbing businesses as most of the individually owned freight forwarding companies in a turmoil with this exchange rates, dollar shortages and declining margin.

If EXPO sustains March Qtr Revenue and profit   for Jun 21, then nothing can stop EXPO when things start improving.
Hi Hawk Eye,


Your absolutely on the point. Hence, EXPO has STRATEGICALLY CHANGED GEARS to DRIVE GROWTH through new customers. Please see following KEY points.

EXPO is NO MORE A COVID STOCK. 

1. EXPO,In the past years have DIVERSIFIED their business from mainly transporting apparel to other products such as smartphones, laptop, electric items etc. 

2. The business model in nutshell is, top brands market, factories produce and EFL ship it. 

3. EXPOs main customers are Gap, Lululemon, American Eagle, PVH. On tech side, EXPO have Fitbit, HP and few others. The latest addition is BLACK & DECOR. 

4. Now EXPO is pushing for American car companies and their components manufacturers since EXPO has an established presence in the US. Only way to make money in automobile logistics is through components. Not through the end product.


I wish to hint about the NEXT move of EXPO to drive EXPONENTIAL GROWTH is ACQUIRING LOGISTICS COMPANIES GLOBALLY whom are having a substantial market share. 

In addition to above, Please see the BUSINESS GROWTH in LOGISTICS GLOBALLY as of NOW. EXPO should DELIVER SUPER NORMAL EARNINGS in COMING QUARTERS without no doubt.  


Logistics companies full with sales orders.

Container ship orderbook at five-year high: IHS Market

https://www.joc.com/maritime-news/ships-shipbuilding/container-ship-orderbook-five-year-high-ihs-markit_20210603.html

Good Luck 

Gowri123 likes this post

63EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:12 pm

shan31


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I agree with positive sentiments expressed by On the Money, I have already allocated 25% of my portfolio for EXPO as a Medium to long term investment. I am quite certain this share can give over 50% return this year and over 25% per year thereafter.
Recommend everyone to have at least small investment in EXPO share.

ONTHEMONEY likes this post

64EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:01 pm

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 2bcd4a10Hi all,


Share PRICES of MOST of the top LOGISTICS COMPANIES have GONE UP significantly very recently. The following is DHL 

65EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:06 pm

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Expeditors


EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 C6cfe310

66EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:13 pm

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hi all,


SG Holding Co. Ltd share price boosted since 28th May 2021 recording a substantial gain up to date. Considering the price hikes of MAJOR LOGISTICS COMPANIES and EXPOs parent company I STRONGLY SENSE SUPER NORMAL GROWTH in EXPO PROFITS ended for the period 30/06/2021. 


EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 4d836310



Good Luck 

67EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:23 pm

Chathur


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
All the factors are very positive for EXPO..   $$$
Waiting for the best quarter report ever..   EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 2708   EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 1f4af 


Do your own analysis and invest
Good Luck

ONTHEMONEY likes this post

68EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:51 pm

RJ1010


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Chathur wrote:All the factors are very positive for EXPO..   $$$
Waiting for the best quarter report ever..   EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 2708   EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 1f4af 


Do your own analysis and invest
Good Luck

This is actually the problem I see with investors these days…. Expecting the best ever reports every quarter. Sure Expo will do well this quarter but having these high expectations every quarter won’t be realistic. If Expo does not achieve better results than previous quarter people are going to dump the share. Hope our investors will be intelligent enough to understand that good results doesn’t mean a company needs to beat each quarter on quarter performance.

ONTHEMONEY, cseguide and Gowri123 like this post

69EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:07 pm

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hi all,

Globally almost all Logistics companies trade way more than a PE 15x. EXPO trades around 1/3 of that(refer DHL, Expeditors, SG Holdings above). Issue is EXPO being listed in SL to be honest. If this was in India it would have a market cap of Rs. 300bn by now! 

Good Luck

Gowri123 likes this post

70EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:26 pm

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ONTHEMONEY wrote:Hi all,

Globally almost all Logistics companies trade way more than a PE 15x. EXPO trades around 1/3 of that(refer DHL, Expeditors, SG Holdings above). Issue is EXPO being listed in SL to be honest. If this was in India it would have a market cap of Rs. 300bn by now! 

Good Luck
Totally agree

ONTHEMONEY and abp1970 like this post

71EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:07 am

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert
I may be wrong.lets discuss and share here to get the right information 

Its not the Q2Q looked at. The Companies that gaining massively is shipping container lines like MSC, HAPPAGLLOYD, CMACGM. 

Freight forwarding and other logistic services are loosing margins due to competition. MSC gives the best direct rates to USA lanes. and the Freight forwarding companies competes for space and rates including EXPO. MSC would give the space for those who offers high rate. Now the freight forwarders has to sell this rate to Exporters, who will not take high rates.

So to keep the volume they have to cut the margins to gain some advantage from liners. This started from July 2020. Every month there was a GRI and expected to come down from March 2021. But its not happening. During May 20201 liners increased the cost further

But from mid-May, several container shipping lines announced increases in transportation fees from 400 USD to more than 1,000 USD per container......In April, the popular freight rates to the west coast of the US was around 5,000 USD per 40-foot container. However, the quotation is now more than 10,000 USD.  https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/shipping-lines-continue-to-increase-fees-firms-face-more-difficulties/

Now . this is also due to a reason that lines are not willing to come to Sri Lanka. but giving their space to destinations giving high rates like India. Secondly this demand is created artificially by liners 

There is a whole dirty story going behind the scene with this International Lineres to reap and kill the maximum out of countries like us

Please check where EXPO fits in this business. What if Export drops , will they have enough shipments to report revenue. What gives the confidence in EXPO is its a share for our future investment not a sort term trade. With these turbulent environment they are going very strongl. This is what Investors looking at in EXPO at the moment, and EXPO has it

72EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:12 am

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert
In April, the popular freight rates to the west coast of the US was around 5,000 USD per 40-foot container. However, the quotation is now more than 10,000 USD.


This is the same reason I am expecting our exporters will loose profits, especially like DIPD if the Average Selling Price for gloves internationally is coming down whilst the shipping cost going up 

73EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:56 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
Expolanka Goes Beyond Logistics


"With ITX360, we are confident we can transform and support the digitalisation of most businesses. ITX360 will drive solutions for businesses across different industries, so it is moving beyond logistic.'' 
                                           - Hanif Yusoof  CEO -

https://economynext.com/brand_voice/hanif-yusoof-steering-expolanka-beyond-logistics/?fbclid=IwAR08tcus4jP953Y4X0Ek44TCfxHZqRcl7Vh_P-di4l656rE4YjVxZNH239o


EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 1592463488899?e=1630540800&v=beta&t=WnevdfW9r5Hkulc0ILJLs2sD1AC76nYUhPwz8y_REgI
[size=14]Rafi Mowlana
• 2ndDeputy General Manager Finance and Business Development at ITX3601w • 1 week ago

[/size]
"Our tech-arm ITX360 to grow into an end-to-end solutions provider among the top 10 in the region"


(source: Linkedin)


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

74EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:33 pm

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Hawk Eye wrote:I may be wrong.lets discuss and share here to get the right information 

Its not the Q2Q looked at. The Companies that gaining massively is shipping container lines like MSC, HAPPAGLLOYD, CMACGM. 

Freight forwarding and other logistic services are loosing margins due to competition. MSC gives the best direct rates to USA lanes. and the Freight forwarding companies competes for space and rates including EXPO. MSC would give the space for those who offers high rate. Now the freight forwarders has to sell this rate to Exporters, who will not take high rates.

So to keep the volume they have to cut the margins to gain some advantage from liners. This started from July 2020. Every month there was a GRI and expected to come down from March 2021. But its not happening. During May 20201 liners increased the cost further

But from mid-May, several container shipping lines announced increases in transportation fees from 400 USD to more than 1,000 USD per container......In April, the popular freight rates to the west coast of the US was around 5,000 USD per 40-foot container. However, the quotation is now more than 10,000 USD.  https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/shipping-lines-continue-to-increase-fees-firms-face-more-difficulties/

Now . this is also due to a reason that lines are not willing to come to Sri Lanka. but giving their space to destinations giving high rates like India. Secondly this demand is created artificially by liners 

There is a whole dirty story going behind the scene with this International Lineres to reap and kill the maximum out of countries like us

Please check where EXPO fits in this business. What if Export drops , will they have enough shipments to report revenue. What gives the confidence in EXPO is its a share for our future investment not a sort term trade. With these turbulent environment they are going very strongl. This is what Investors looking at in EXPO at the moment, and EXPO has it
Hi Hawkeye,



I DO NOT agree with your opinion. 

EXPO channels only 10% of EXPORT from SL. EXPO PRIMARY MARKET is on the US imports from Asia. E commerce as well as General growth in retail sector such as Amazon, Alibaba,etc created significant demand for forwarders like EXPO since customer wants the goods relatively faster. Additionally, due to C19 risk, people order via ONLINE and get it delivered through a forwarder.

For example, brands like apple, black & decor and electronic items moves through EXPO.

"South East Asia third party logistics market accounted for US$ 36.4 Bn in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period 2018-2025, to account for US$ 55.7 Bn in 2025. The demand for third party logistics services is largely influenced by the rise in the number of retail and e-commerce players in the developing economies across the globe. Also, rapid industrialization leads to prompt infrastructural developments which further impacts positively on thriving the overall economy"


source : https://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/4748002/third-party-logistics-market-to-2025-south-east


Export Volumes
-------------------
I don’t think there’s an issue with exports dropping at all from Asia to rest of thw world mainly due to comprative low cost production ability. What is the alternative for USA and EUROPE consumers??

Shippers increasing fees is good for forwarders usually since customers know the prices are increasing in the market and have to abide by new rates due to low supply in the market but high volumes needed to export. 

That is why share price of major forwarding companies in the globe (DHL, Expeditors) have increased sharply since May 2021 recongnizing this clear advantage to profits well in advance. SG HOLDING(mother co. of EXPO) also surged and recorded a sharp growth since May.

Good Luck

75EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:24 pm

Accountant

Accountant
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Hey guys, I was comparing the logistics sectors on SL.... while I was comparing some data I realized that EXPO has a low NP Ratio. 

What might be the reason for this?

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 We3Hmi39dYpzgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

76EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:52 am

ONTHEMONEY


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Accountant wrote:Hey guys, I was comparing the logistics sectors on SL.... while I was comparing some data I realized that EXPO has a low NP Ratio. 

What might be the reason for this?

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 We3Hmi39dYpzgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Hi Account,

To be honest I don’t know the make up of SPEN business.

Usually the forwarders have low NP Margins. SPEN has forwarding as well as maritime. Maritime usually provides higher margins.

Extracting from your analysis, SPEN has a NEGATIVE TOP LINE GROWTH but they have improved in NP in 2021. This could be NOT from core business. In contrast, EXPO had an amazing TOP LINE GROWTH YoY. The NP margins also increased by more than three-folds to 7%. 

Good Luck

ADVENTUS, Nandun and Accountant like this post

77EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:15 pm

Bakkabwoi

Bakkabwoi
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Whatsa22


As Per my simplest TA, expo is about to break out..and it has already broken out from the decsending triangle and followed the upward trendline!  DYOR!

dayandacool and Gowri123 like this post

78EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:07 pm

SAGA


Moderator
Moderator
more than 1.1 Mn bought by foreigners today.Good Signs.

Bakkabwoi likes this post

79EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:20 pm

Bakkabwoi

Bakkabwoi
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
as expected... apparently .. Emerald fund has entered after exiting from pap.. lets see Smile future is good with expo

80EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:37 pm

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert
@EPS wrote:Considering positive price increase factors in shipping industry, I believe more room will having for EXPO to trade above the Rs.64 during the coming quarters. Just did a small analysis... 

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000) - Page 3 Nfqzk340K6XJjSN3WCMCS7sj5mAbOAWcAsYBYwC5gFzAJmAbNAnhb4P8f+AqxxbA3vAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

ONTHEMONEY, dayandacool, ADVENTUS and Bakkabwoi like this post

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum