FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» Inefficiency
by stockchaser Today at 1:25 pm

» Blossom March
by Big Bull Today at 12:20 pm

» TILE / LWL / RCL
by Wickyz Today at 11:36 am

» Sometimes you might find that you have lost all your money in the market by investing in the non profitable stocks in the market.
by pjrngroup Today at 10:58 am

» පෙබරවාරි මාසේ කොළඹ කොටස් වලට මොකක්ද වුනේ - බැසුවාද ? බැස්සාද ?
by Wickyz Today at 10:54 am

» ACL post share split trading and the future potential
by Wickyz Today at 10:47 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Today at 9:54 am

» NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC (NTB.N0000)
by Eranx Today at 8:00 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Chathur Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» RICH or TKYO
by RJ1010 Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by arun.cse Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Rational Investor Yesterday at 11:58 am

» Opportunities after CSE drop
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 11:36 am

» Amana Bank's total assets cross Rs100 bilion with Rs 1billion operating profit
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:25 am

» Pakistan keen to invest in port city: Cabraal
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:16 am

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:02 am

» SANASA DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC (SDB.N0000)
by IDK Yesterday at 9:23 am

» Madura takes the Portfolio Manager 2021 leadership with staggering 3.5bn
by roshan1039 Yesterday at 5:46 am

» Sri Lanka's Debt Dynamics
by sanjeewa88 Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:50 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » How Poor HNB?

How Poor HNB?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How Poor HNB? Empty How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:16 am

Great.Stocks


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
HNB asking Rs.500 for the pay order where They are the banker to the offer textured Jursey IPO.PABC gave the pay order free of charge last time for VONE.
Any one face this incident?

2How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:17 am

maalinda


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
bank draft you mean ?? 300 with commercial bank.

vone is a different story but normally you have to pay some amount to the bank draft.

3How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 am

Great.Stocks


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@maalinda wrote:bank draft you mean ?? 300 with commercial bank.

vone is a different story but normally you have to pay some amount to the bank draft.

what the purpose of name the this selfish HNB as banker to the offer?

4How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:12 pm

dewminigamlath


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Great.Stocks wrote:HNB asking Rs.500 for the pay order where They are the banker to the offer textured Jursey IPO.PABC gave the pay order free of charge last time for VONE.
Any one face this incident?

PABC gave it free of charge for VONE? What was the branch? I was charged Rs.250 @ PABC Gampaha branch. I would want to make a complaint.

5How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:22 pm

kiri

kiri
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@dewminigamlath wrote:
@Great.Stocks wrote:HNB asking Rs.500 for the pay order where They are the banker to the offer textured Jursey IPO.PABC gave the pay order free of charge last time for VONE.
Any one face this incident?

PABC gave it free of charge for VONE? What was the branch? I was charged Rs.250 @ PABC Gampaha branch. I would want to make a complaint.
they charged from me 1000 for VONE. kurunegala branch. then i ask from colombo PABC head office, they also confirm it it as 1000. what a poor bank. i will never go PABC. But BOC charge is only 100. Onna bank nam BOC.

6How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

arrowms


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Great.Stocks wrote:HNB asking Rs.500 for the pay order where They are the banker to the offer textured Jursey IPO.PABC gave the pay order free of charge last time for VONE.
Any one face this incident?

I paid PABC 1000/- for VONE IPO !!!!

7How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:06 pm

janakag


Stock Trader
Seylan has charged 500/= from my father.

8How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:10 pm

ISURU

ISURU
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Great.Stocks wrote:HNB asking Rs.500 for the pay order where They are the banker to the offer textured Jursey IPO.PABC gave the pay order free of charge last time for VONE.
Any one face this incident?
For what they have to give free bank draft. HNB is not a NOT-FOR-PROFIT-ORGANIZATION or a CHARITY.

9How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:19 pm

ISURU

ISURU
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Great.Stocks wrote:
@maalinda wrote:bank draft you mean ?? 300 with commercial bank.

vone is a different story but normally you have to pay some amount to the bank draft.

what the purpose of name the this selfish HNB as banker to the offer?
The purpose of being a banker to an IPO is not to produce free bank drafts my dear friend.
Very Happy

10How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 pm

ruwan49

ruwan49
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
HNB IS A SICK BANK,,,I WENT TO WENNAPUWA BRANCH,, THEY DIDNT ACCEPTED MY texterd jercy APPLICATION WITH MY CHEQ TODAY SAYING THAT THEY CANT ACCEPT IT,,,SHAME BANKERS TO OFFER,,,I DONT SEND MY DOG TO HNB,,,HOW com this bank becomes best bank in sri lanka,,???? nuts

11How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Aladin

Aladin
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@ruwan49 wrote:HNB IS A SICK BANK,,,I WENT TO WENNAPUWA BRANCH,, THEY DIDNT ACCEPTED MY texterd jercy APPLICATION WITH MY CHEQ TODAY SAYING THAT THEY CANT ACCEPT IT,,,SHAME BANKERS TO OFFER,,,I DONT SEND MY DOG TO HNB,,,HOW com this bank becomes best bank in sri lanka,,???? nuts


TexJ was also done by DVB. Bank Drafts were FOC.

12How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 pm

ISURU

ISURU
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@ruwan49 wrote:HNB IS A SICK BANK,,,I WENT TO WENNAPUWA BRANCH,, THEY DIDNT ACCEPTED MY texterd jercy APPLICATION WITH MY CHEQ TODAY SAYING THAT THEY CANT ACCEPT IT,,,SHAME BANKERS TO OFFER,,,I DONT SEND MY DOG TO HNB,,,HOW com this bank becomes best bank in sri lanka,,???? nuts
Not HNB, Commercial is the best bank in Sri Lanka. Wink

13How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:32 am

Great.Stocks


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@ISURU wrote:
@Great.Stocks wrote:
@maalinda wrote:bank draft you mean ?? 300 with commercial bank.

vone is a different story but normally you have to pay some amount to the bank draft.

what the purpose of name the this selfish HNB as banker to the offer?
The purpose of being a banker to an IPO is not to produce free bank drafts my dear friend.
Very Happy

But my friend,
for PAP sampath charge only Rs.100
for VONE PABC free of charge
NDB also only Rs.100 for IPO when they are the banker to offer and seylan free of charge

but this sick HNB asking Rs.500.

dont try to correct this type of things by loss bankers

14How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:08 pm

mcyi9rt4


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
hope hnb doin good this is bank i use affraid

15How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:06 pm

ISURU

ISURU
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Great.Stocks wrote:
@ISURU wrote:
@Great.Stocks wrote:
@maalinda wrote:bank draft you mean ?? 300 with commercial bank.

vone is a different story but normally you have to pay some amount to the bank draft.

what the purpose of name the this selfish HNB as banker to the offer?
The purpose of being a banker to an IPO is not to produce free bank drafts my dear friend.
Very Happy

But my friend,
for PAP sampath charge only Rs.100
for VONE PABC free of charge
NDB also only Rs.100 for IPO when they are the banker to offer and seylan free of charge

but this sick HNB asking Rs.500.

dont try to correct this type of things by loss bankers
No dear friend Great.stock in the case of PAP, VONE, ODEL etc there was an agreement between both company and particular bankers to do that.
In the management perspective that is a kind of a loss leader strategy
or
in the marketing perspective it's a promotion.
There fore that kind of things or agreements never tells us the financial position of a company.
(Specially in Finance companies)

Note: I don't have any positive connection or a relationship with HNB. Even I don't have an account in HNB.
But this is just to correct your attitudes regarding the complected business world.
Smile

16How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:29 am

intelstk


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
for VONE HNB charged only 250. but you should have an account with HNB. Any way I decided to open a current account at Union Bnak with no initial deposit... Very Happy

17How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:31 am

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
open a current account. problem solved

18How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:06 am

ISURU

ISURU
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
npp wrote:open a current account. problem solved
Yes that is the most preferred solution for all above problems. Very Happy

19How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:49 pm

ss7097

ss7097
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Hey guys, I agree with the guys who critisized HNB.
That is a Shit bank but I have 02 saving accounts with them.

This is my story but not relavent for IPO issue.

One of my friends in Managerial position in one of their branches asked me if you need any loan come to me and I will get it less than 7days. He came to me more than twice and once I thought to have a loan to settle my Credit balance in March (CSE). He said not to worry and I can get more than 2M loan under Executive category with 14% interest. Even my salary goes to Commercial Bank Savings account (dealing with them more than 6 years), as a Friend of the HNB branch Manager, I applied with the documents what they requested for a loan and open a new Savings Account in that branch too.
After 02 days, one of my friends Credit department employees called and said, "Sir, very sorry our head office not approved your application and asked me to apply as a normal loan with 02 garantors with higher interest of 16%. I didn't have time to go and find people as garantors, I thought to talk to the Manager of Commercial Bank and got 2M Executive loan for 13% interest within 02 days. Commercial bank is much ahead than HNB and I never recommend HNB for any service.

I've no Current account and what I do is, use my uncle's Cheque book to apply IPOs Wink

20How Poor HNB? Empty Re: How Poor HNB? Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@ss7097 wrote:Hey guys, I agree with the guys who critisized HNB.
That is a Shit bank but I have 02 saving accounts with them.

This is my story but not relavent for IPO issue.

One of my friends in Managerial position in one of their branches asked me if you need any loan come to me and I will get it less than 7days. He came to me more than twice and once I thought to have a loan to settle my Credit balance in March (CSE). He said not to worry and I can get more than 2M loan under Executive category with 14% interest. Even my salary goes to Commercial Bank Savings account (dealing with them more than 6 years), as a Friend of the HNB branch Manager, I applied with the documents what they requested for a loan and open a new Savings Account in that branch too.
After 02 days, one of my friends Credit department employees called and said, "Sir, very sorry our head office not approved your application and asked me to apply as a normal loan with 02 garantors with higher interest of 16%. I didn't have time to go and find people as garantors, I thought to talk to the Manager of Commercial Bank and got 2M Executive loan for 13% interest within 02 days. Commercial bank is much ahead than HNB and I never recommend HNB for any service.

I've no Current account and what I do is, use my uncle's Cheque book to apply IPOs Wink


I now have my main accounts with HNB. Had no issues till now. Got an overdraft over my FD within minutes as well. (Head Office)

Anyway I think you also have to blame your friend and not only the bank. You should have asked for the reasons your application was not approved. Having an account at Com Bank for 6 years was an advantage for you there. They would be more than willing to give you a loan

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum