FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

MADU will hit 70 very quickly for sure.

+5
shaankh
DMA
mono
cselk
Leader
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MADU will hit 70 very quickly for sure. Empty MADU will hit 70 very quickly for sure. Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Leader

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

i have told that MADU will rock the market very soon. see its just started. watch wat will happn in 2rw and next week.still the train is waiting at the station.

at the end of the day no sellers, but thousands of buyers are waiting on the list. i have told u this will happn in 2 days earlier. its ur money. make ur own decision. dnt let only big players to gain profit.

cselk

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

in your dream..it's pure manipulation

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics

i don't know about manipulation but MADU is a not a great plantation. It has many problems and the upcoming wage revision will be another one of those.

So even if this revaluation is true there is a large disincentive for long term investors to invest in MADU.

4MADU will hit 70 very quickly for sure. Empty why Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Leader

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

why are u saying its a manipulation? if the net asset value per share is around 70, cant v expect the increment of share price. if u say this is a manipulation ,all other stocks in the market are manipulated. bcoz all shares market price is higher than its net asset value per share. im saying this after having deep analysis and having so many discussions with many knowledgeable advisors. so if u are saying this is a manipulation plc give ur facts without discouraging other investors.

cselk

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Leader wrote:why are u saying its a manipulation? if the net asset value per share is around 70, cant v expect the increment of share price. if u say this is a manipulation ,all other stocks in the market are manipulated. bcoz all shares market price is higher than its net asset value per share. im saying this after having deep analysis and having so many discussions with many knowledgeable advisors. so if u are saying this is a manipulation plc give ur facts without discouraging other investors.

SEC usually put the price band when a share most likely being manipulated or protect the investors while falling drastically (examples PCH , LALU, MADU and KAPI, BOPL for the latter)

Go and see the NAV of Kuruwita textlies, (its somewhere around 60 but currently stagnating at 30 levels since because of losses), MPRH and i saw some more but i cannot recall..

90% weightage of a share price is from EPS and profits and future growth etc. may be 10% can be given to NAVPS

what i feel is MADU is worth around 24

DMA

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I dont kw y u say a manipulation.
does the independent valuer did a mistake?
Auditors did a mistake or will do a mistake since it is unaudited??

@ mono........
you ar correct. MADU is a loss making company and they will adjst the wages again. it has a big negative impact........
but it cannot trade with 50% dicount to the NAV.
remember it traded at 18 when the NAV was at Rs 8. so there is a possibility to break 100 in the mid term may be short term, after adjusting the NAV to 75 + with there 4th q statment.

so i dont seany risk in this investment, for me MADU is with 0 risk untill 60.
u may agree or not. but it is risk free oppotunitu u may ever heard.

this is my last analysis i posted two days back.now u may too late.
thank u friends.

IN the last q statement they (MADU) clearly say,

Events Subsequent to the interim Period

The Carrying Value of Fuel wood (Timber) Plantations which reflects as Rs. 110.667 Mn.as at 30th September 2010, have been revalued by an independent Qualified Valuer and the revaluation has not yet been incorporated into the Financial Statements. The revalued amount is Rs.2,261,054,393/=

It says event after Baance sheet date. so in this quoter they should adjust the NAV other wise it will be a misleading infomation.

MADU growing Trees with the intention to cue those and regrow next set with out damaging to the environment or with less effects and it is a common practice of the industry.

MADU has already grew rubber and company's bottemline will get benifit in the long run, so it is a good company for long term investors as well,

MASKELIYA is trading under NAV (.94) and it is a fully tea plantation so if we take MASK as a proxi company MADU should at least trade at 70 Level.

IF we take a advers senario like TWOD, MADU should trade with a 68% discount to the NAV which is RS 51 and hope it will never happen due to the discounting rate MADU used to revalue will never low as TWOD. ( i dont think MADu will use a low discounting rate like TWOD after seen the TWOD case)

3 million traded on friday from 18 to 28 and the person who bought it may kw the real value before us.

so with all these analysis hope MADU is a risk free investment at this price with a good expected return. i just post this as a answer for my previos post.
Conclution.
MADU cannot trade under 50 after their Revaluation which they ar going to publish with in 2 or 3 weeks.price is slowly adjusting from 18 level.

good luck

7MADU will hit 70 very quickly for sure. Empty wow Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Leader

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

thats a great analysis. thanx DMA. others dnt buy if u think its a manipulation. we will make profit. no issue. thanx.

mono

mono

there are plenty of companies here that trade at an considerable discount. look at the entire textile sector & real estate sector. or internationally look at US banks there plenty of them trading 10% nav

9MADU will hit 70 very quickly for sure. Empty Respect ur idias,,,,,,,, Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:26 pm

DMA

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

u may correct mono. i respect all ur ideas and learning from them.

but in sri lanka banks ar trading at 3.5 times higher than tha Net assts.
wt u think about MADU s previouse trading pattern??????
NEt assets 8 traded above 15.
only issue i see is it is biological assets and and we will see a SLAS on this sooner than leater.

we cant get US banks now due to financial crisis.those ar with big negative losses with subprime morgage issue and having a negative image on their poor risk control.

if we get examples from all over the world there may be situations where big blue chips trading at 25% NAV with big corrections like dot. com bubble and wall street crash at 1929.

but u all saw MADU is adjusting from 18 to some higher number.
so no need further explanations. as per my knowledge some big broker firms just started the collection of MADU.

i dont want to promote MADU since it is already moving and i am definitly tell this forum where i drop this share since there may be at least one person who collected after reading my posts.i have the responsibility.

I am certain that this higer no is far more than 50.

any way thanks friends.

shaankh

shaankh
Manager - Equity Analytics

Chances of moving MADU is evident since it did not drop even after price band.
I am optimistic about MADU.

SilverHawk

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Leader wrote:why are u saying its a manipulation? if the net asset value per share is around 70, cant v expect the increment of share price. if u say this is a manipulation ,all other stocks in the market are manipulated. bcoz all shares market price is higher than its net asset value per share. im saying this after having deep analysis and having so many discussions with many knowledgeable advisors. so if u are saying this is a manipulation plc give ur facts without discouraging other investors.

they are financial statements say NAVP is 8.5
How is become 70 mark??

dhamm

SilverHawk wrote:

they are financial statements say NAVP is 8.5
How is become 70 mark??

SilvefrHawk,

read the following post.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t44-madulsima-madu-is-there-any-value-in-timber?highlight=MADU

13MADU will hit 70 very quickly for sure. Empty MADU-Short term or long term Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:11 am

analyst123

Stock Trader

As per this discussion, I believe the NAV of MADU is expected to adjust to the 70/- and above through the quarterly results.
What we should look at is the ability of it to trade at or close to the NAV in the short term. Since it is a tea plantation, the profitability may not be their in the short term, but that does not mean it should not trade at such a discount to the the NAV.
Timber stock has a value which is appreciating all the time, therefore the probability that they will realize the gain is highly likely.
Therefore in the short term the I expect the price to increase in the regions of NAV, but going furthur a lot of work needs to be done if the company is to turnaround.
Therefore I see a possible upside till it reach the NAV, but it is difficult to imagine a 2X multiple of NAV (As the case of KGAL and other highly profitable plantations).
All the best..

14MADU will hit 70 very quickly for sure. Empty Reply to mono Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:26 am

Marketsentiment

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Those who coudn't collect @ 32 level, try to stick manipulation label. Laughing

dhamm

Revaluation seems to be true. I don't know whether its manipulated or not.

But what i saw,from the order book was that the share is appreciating. Two days, ppl tried to bargain and to collect it around 32. But, the third day, since the sellers are not ready to sell around 32, it went up to 34+ with 10% up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum