David Bach # Stock Market, Emotional Quotes
* The economic repercussions of a stock market crash depend less on the severity of the crash itself than on the response of economic policymakers, particularly central bankers.
Ben Bernanke # Economic, Stock Market, Politics Quotes
* I never try to predict the market.
Warren Buffett # Stock Market Quotes
* I've made money over the years by buying into good companies, run by good people, at attractive prices. And I don't try and make it out of buying into the market at one point and selling at another point.
Warren Buffett # Money, Company, Management, Buying, Stock Market Quotes
* Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.
Warren Buffett # Stock Market, Investing, Buying, Happy Quotes
* I'm having a hard time finding things to buy, if that says anything about the market. If I find something tomorrow to buy, I don't give a thought as to whether the market is going up or down. I just barrel in.
Warren Buffett # Buying, Investing, Stock Market Quotes
* I’d be a bum on the street with a tin cup if the markets were always efficient.
Warren Buffett # Stock Market Quotes
* Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.
Warren Buffett # Stock Market, Advice Quotes
* If you wait for the market or a particular share to bottom (the best time to buy), you could be waiting forever, because there is no way of knowing when a share or the market has bottomed.
Paul Clitheroe # Stocks, Stock Market Quotes
* I think you'll do as well as most professionals. Most professionals don't beat the market. Let's not over-rate my industry. But if you have time, you can be in good mutual funds that have good records.
Jim Cramer # Market, Money, Stock Market, Industry, Professional, Funds Quotes
* I mean I'm not smarter than the market, but I can recognize a good tape and a bad tape. I recognize when it's right and when it's wrong and that's what my strength is.
Jim Cramer # Stock Market, Stocks, Wrong, Smart, Strength, Knowledge Quotes
* No one ever made a dime by panicking.
Jim Cramer # Stress, Money, Stock Market, Emotional, Wealth Quotes
* I've lost tremendous amounts of money in various markets and I think that that's something that makes you better at my job, not worse.
Jim Cramer # Experience, Money, Stock Market, Losing, Job, Good Quotes
* I wish it grew on trees, but it takes hard work to make money.
Jim Cramer # Stock Market, Stocks, Wrong, Smart, Hard Work, Money, Wealth, Profit Quotes
* I think that there are changes that have occurred in technology that make is that more people can have the same level of information that I have. My advantage is that I'm very good at interpreting the information.
Jim Cramer # Learning, Stock Market, Technology, Changes, Information, Research, Study Quotes
* I think that stocks have been this tremendous, tremendous equalizer for people in this country. Guys who can't make a lot of money at their jobs have been able to make a lot of money in the stock market.
Jim Cramer # Stocks, Job, Money, Success, Stock Market Quotes
* Remember, I am neither a bear nor a bull, I am an agnostic opportunist. I want to make money short- and long-term. I want to find good situations and exploit them.
Jim Cramer # Opportunity, Investing, Money, Bull Market, Bear Market, Smart, Action, Stock Market Quotes
* I just can't stop myself; I'm addicted to making you money. I should be spending all day in a country club or never getting out of my pajamas like Hugh Hefner.
Jim Cramer # Money, Stock Market, Enjoyment, Addiction, Success Quotes
* I rarely think the market is right. I believe non dividend stocks aren’t much more than baseball cards. They are worth what you can convince someone to pay for it.
Mark Cuban # Investing, Stocks, Stock Market, Belief Quotes
* The market is not an invention of capitalism. It has existed for centuries. It is an invention of civilization.
Mikhail Gorbachev # Market, Capitalism, Society Quotes
* There are two elements of basic importance that the analyst should recognize in the behavior of stocks over the last six years. The first is the principle of continuity, and the other is what I would call the principle of deceptive selectivity in the stock market.
Ben Graham # Important, Stocks, Stock Market Quotes
* They (stockbrokers, financial analysts, investment advisers) tend to take the market and themselves too seriously. They spend a large part of their time trying, valiantly and ineffectively, to do things they can't do well.
Ben Graham # Stock Market Quotes
* I am more and more impressed with the possibilities of history's repeating itself on many different counts. You don't get very far in Wall Street with the simple, convenient conclusion that a given level of prices is not too high.
Ben Graham # Stock Market, Research Quotes
* Regardless of all the apparatus and all the improvements in techniques, people still want to make money very fast. They still want to be on the right side of the market.
Ben Graham # Stock Market, Improvement, Money Quotes
* History demonstrates that participants in financial markets are susceptible to waves of optimism. Excessive optimism shows the seeds of its own reversal in the form of imbalances that tend to grow over time.
Alan Greenspan # Stock Market, Finance, Optimistic Quotes
* Capitalism is based on self-interest and self-esteem; it holds integrity and trustworthiness as cardinal virtues and makes them pay off in the marketplace, thus demanding that men survive by means of virtue, not vices.
Alan Greenspan # Capitalist, Self, Truth, Stock Market, Money Quotes
* When everybody else is better off, they can buy more, they strengthen demand, strengthen the market, strengthen the country.
Carlos Slim Helu # Economic, Buying, Improvement, Growth, Stock Market Quotes
More at : http://www.afterquotes.com/great/quotes/stock-market.htm
Last edited by Rapaport on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Entry too long)