FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by rajithasahan Today at 11:27 am

» US inflation eased slightly in July
by ADVENTUS Today at 11:25 am

» SGH buys EXPO from retailers
by ADVENTUS Today at 11:23 am

» ACL; MELS; HHL; BIL; LWL- STOCKS TO WATCH
by ADVENTUS Today at 11:19 am

» LOFC Future
by ADVENTUS Today at 11:17 am

» Pakistan stocks surge on IMF Staff level agreement - CSE is warming up for the big run
by samaritan Today at 11:16 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Today at 10:24 am

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Yesterday at 8:13 pm

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by cseboss Yesterday at 11:34 am

» NO FURTHER INCREASE IN TAXES-PRES. RANIL WICKRAMASINGHE
by ADVENTUS Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:48 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by Equity Win Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm

» CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000)
by Dasun Maduwantha Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 pm

» Nestle‚ declares highest ever dividend
by Shiranli Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:24 am

» PRIME LANDS RESIDENCIES PLC (PLR.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:15 am

» MULTI FINANCE PLC (MFL.N0000)
by Eleven Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:18 pm

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by samaritan Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:49 am

» Sinopec likely to enter Lankan fuel market
by samaritan Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:41 am

» RW - Rescue Warrior of Sri Lanka's Economy
by reyaz Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 am

» Should Central bank increase Interest rates?
by reyaz Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:52 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Boycott buying overvalued IPO

Boycott buying overvalued IPO

+4
soileconomy
ShareShares
thambi
sapumal
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boycott buying overvalued IPO  Empty Boycott buying overvalued IPO Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:40 pm

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

This is my personal thinking .....

What are the past IPOs attractive than listed companies ?

Shoe shine boys have found a great way to be rich. Buy shares just before the listing and sell them to the market. If no one to buy heavily over valued and manipulated shares in the secondary market will they suck money from CSE and invest in the companies which going to be listed ?

Until fools buying over valued IPOs this market will sink and sink for ever. If investors realized the truth Shoe shine boys will invest money in the attractive listed companies

Last year during this period huge publicity campaign run to say market is attractive after releasing annual reports. Where is it now ?
You know to which way this is going to be lead.

2Boycott buying overvalued IPO  Empty Re: Boycott buying overvalued IPO Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:51 am

thambi

thambi
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

i think the sec needs to seriously interfere and set a limit on the number of IPO's a month or year and keep it to a bare minimum we cant keep having IPO's interfering with the normal mechanism of the other shares in the market

3Boycott buying overvalued IPO  Empty Re: Boycott buying overvalued IPO Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:30 am

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Nowadays small scale short term investors do not gain anything from any IPO, prices tend to come down first day in the CSE. Only few shares given to the applicants after large commitments and if they buy on the first day prices tend to come down from that time onwards. Long term established stocks with good corporate earnings at least move a little upwards slowly. For example, there were no gains from EXPO IPO, only losses for all applicants . All IPOs seem to be similar can’t expect anything from future IPO as well. It is up to the investors to decide whether it is worth applying for future IPO or invest in the established secondary market.

4Boycott buying overvalued IPO  Empty Re: Boycott buying overvalued IPO Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:22 am

soileconomy

soileconomy

I think we should refrain from buying their products or getting their services.
This message should be clearly given to those companies. Tey become billionaires by selling their cheaply bought shares to most overvalued prices.

I even told a friend of mine to close down his current account which he had several years having millions of moneies in a recently listed a private bank which is trading below of its overvalued IPO price.

like wise I personally started doing same against the other companies which are cheating our investors.

Guys its up to us to change this .Becoz each one us is their client.

Lets educate ourselves and keep everybody as more as we can

5Boycott buying overvalued IPO  Empty Re: Boycott buying overvalued IPO Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:34 pm

dineshfernando

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This is only my personal view.

I stand by you. Too many IPOs at quick successions will kill the liquidity in the market. However, unfortunately there are many IPO lovers who buy overpriced IPO shares and burn their fingers. I wonder why they still don't learn any lesson. I personally stopped subscribing for IPOs sometime back.

SEC has to stop this trend. If you notice carefully that every week we have atleasr 1 or 2 IPOs or introductions. Then what will happen to the existing share prices and the demand for that.

I think SEC is not investor friendly. They want to kill many small investors. Now SEC is planning to list many foreign companies in Sri Lanka. This is going to further deteriorate the situation and retail investors will be chased out of this market.

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?nid=1109642904

6Boycott buying overvalued IPO  Empty Re: Boycott buying overvalued IPO Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Aamiable

Share prices come down below IPO levels market becomes red, …other shares also suffer. …All existing long term investors also suffer, ….every thing is devalued. Retailers suffer. …I think… big fish also suffer, foreigners suffer. What is this...? Question

7Boycott buying overvalued IPO  Empty Re: Boycott buying overvalued IPO Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Tiger

Tiger

Its all about making money. Why do you want to make money from someone else's company? Likewise they also want to make money.

The fairest way to price an IPO is to its market value. I have seen many IPOs coming at its near market value, that's why we don't see big price swings after listing.

I would say EXPO, VONE, and FLCH are all fairly valued IPO's, price in 3days after listing is left to market forces.

If anyone not happy about the IPO price, just stay away or buy in the secondary market.

8Boycott buying overvalued IPO  Empty Re: Boycott buying overvalued IPO Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:43 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Let me recall Tubal's signature.

There isn't a law that says you need to buy into an IPO/Introduction on the first day.
The law doesn't say you have to subscribe to each and every IPO.
The law enforcement authorities can't protect you against your own stupidity

I dont think we need to add anything else. Its a 100% correct answer.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum