FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh God save me - I am going to get a heart attack

+15
rijayasooriya
Jude
Jonathon
pushpakumara
RichDad
Chief
Quibit
windi5
bettersrilanka
gamaya
Genting
Tiger
thambi
stumpy
GoodPick
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GoodPick

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I Invested 2.5M and now the portfolio is only worth 1.75M.

The loss is 750000 ................. Oh God. Biggest contributors are

BFL 3000@420
DIAL 46800@12.30
JKH 1800@235
TAFL 800@180
FLCH 13000@5.4

Friends ...... Please advice..
I have bought these for Cash and not on Credit. Do you think I can have any hope....
at least by this December ...... If I Hold on .......

pls help

Last edited by GoodPick on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:29 am; edited 2 times in total

stumpy

stumpy
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Can you pls forget that u're an investor of CSE!
Trust me GoodPick!
Close your eyes n wait for just 2 years!
U'll be a big winner!

GoodPick

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

thanks for being kind.
But that was the money I have saved to build a house for my family ...For my two little angels . I invested hoping to grow it and start work this December .......... Oh god ... our dreams ........

I wish the SEC or the Govt would intervene and do some thing for this. Some policy changes to make things better .....

stumpy

stumpy

Neutral

thambi

thambi
Manager - Equity Analytics

Many people are in the same situation right now, please do not panic however please keep a note of the share prices each day this may be mentally or written so you can identify when will be a good time to sell off

in my opnion do not worry about FLCH rs 4 is a relatively decent price therefore you will most likely make profits on that share in the future

JHK i feel will drop below 150 sometime however not right now, perhaps in a couple months but it the bright side for you it will eventually go up to atleast 300 within a year or 2 (mabye slightly more)

BFL i do not have much experienced sir however 400 in my opnion is a high price you paid but this share as gone up further in the past and with the cse you never know Smile

dialog i feel you bought at an optimum price i am waiting for dialog to fall to 5 mabye 4.5 even Very Happy which i will then acquire

overall the issue is you have good companies but the prices you paid are pretty high my advice to you and please note that this is just my opnion make your own decision. but my opnion in this situation is to cut your losses everyone makes mistakes it is best you accept the losses now and not mourn too much about it. you need to keep emotions aside in the stock market and now come up with plan B, and for you this should be using the rest of your money and buy shares at bargain prices,BE PATIENT,prices will drop within 1 years time, monitor all the share prices do some research (there is no such thing as easy money whatever others may believe no one will make money without effort or as much as keep it for more than couple years)...... you will honestly make more money as if you buy prices at their bottom they will increase by 50% to even 1000% if your lucky Very Happy you can then build the mansion your kids deserve Smile

but be patient man, and dont get too emotional most importantly do RESEARCH AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS

best of luck man

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I see a silver lining in the horizon due to the CSE situation.

If more and more people to get heart attacks, no sleeping, stress, depression, etc... it may be good indication to long hospital sector in this environment.

I am beginning to get bullish on Health Care sector now, if the situation prevails I will double my PF in health care very soon. LOL

GoodPick

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Tiger wrote:I see a silver lining in the horizon due to the CSE situation.

If more and more people to get heart attacks, no sleeping, stress, depression, etc... it may be good indication to long hospital sector in this environment.

I am beginning to get bullish on Health Care sector now, if the situation prevails I will double my PF in health care very soon. LOL

Hi Tiger,

Please don't be rude. We are in a very difficult situation . Please don't try to make fun of us.

please be a bit more concerned , friend

Genting

if I was you, I would have
sell DIAL at a loss.
Keep the money till market recover.
Once it recovering, invest on BROWN, LCEY or RICH and exit with 30 % profit.

gamaya

Hey Goodpick,

Sorry to hear your story Goodpick. My loss is also 1.5 mil. I don,t look at my portfolio these days.

The nature of CSE is when the market goes down. Buyers refrain from buying. Everbody love the chasing game.

Last year there was a 500 MPI lost whithin one day. But market recovered eventually. Take this as a learning experience. Things will get better eventually.

Tiger

Tiger

[quote="GoodPick"]
Tiger wrote:I see a silver lining in the horizon due to the CSE situation.

Sorry Bro.
In this situation dont try to do anything for your PF, I am not a fan of DIAL but if u can collect below 7.00 it will be worthwhile. I would advice you to HOLD all other shares, dont to any thing right now. Some are already trading at attractive levels.
The recovery to the previous levels cannot be predicted right now, there is no momentum for any of the shares right now.
I dont think that any of these will recover during this year, however u will see upward correction.

Also be prepared to see further losses in the current market, it may continue until Q 1 results are out. If earnings could support the numbers you will recover soon. I believe all your counters to post similar results as last quarter or slightly lesser.

So you have been patient so far keep faith on your decision and the companies, ultimately you will win.

Please note that above is my personal opinion please obtain professional advice before making your investment decision.

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka

dont worry about FLCH @ 4..

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

windi5

windi5

Hey goodpick very sorry ma friend,but most of us are in the same bus as you are now. so as an investor should be far sighted. We cant blame government or SEC, we have to blame ourselves. how we can come to a conclusion that a share which appreciated form 100 to 500 level in very quick time, will appreciate in same phase and hit 1000, BFL and TAFL are such a case. There is a good example that i can share with all of you. One of ma good friend sold 1000 NEST shares recently at Rs.700 each and he earned some good money for finish the last phase of his house building. These shares were not bought by not him but his father in 1982 at Rs.10. so it has been a good investment for his son. So keep your cool, as one said earlier forget about CSE for some time and engage in some religious activities,what ever your religion is.Mkt will recover soon and will stand on its on feet. So you already have done a good investment for your angels,they will surely appreciate it someday. Smile

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Guys why not we create a relief fund... I will tell my owners to contribute to it.

Don't worry goodpick we are all with you. We will all help you whatever the possible way to recover your losses. I am sure most of our members are with me.

Please do not do anything stupid. Life will always have it's ups and downs!

Tiger

Tiger

Hey Quibi, are u serious or just kidding?

Good deed but.......... wish u good luck.

Chief

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Tough times don't last! Tough people do! Smile

RichDad

RichDad

GoodPick, buddy just have a look at this

Oh God save me - I am going to get a heart attack Asi15

ASI behavior in the last year.

Focus on the Nov 2010 to mid Dec period. Now look at the mid Aug 2010 to Oct period. This is a cyclical phenomenon. Market is going through a correction period at the moment. Do you see the behaviour from mid Dec 2010 to March 2011? So that's how it works. You and I can't change it. The trend is determined by a lot of macro factors way beyond our control.

Only prob is you have entered in the wrong point my friend. Ideally you should be collecting at the bottoms while dumping at the peaks. I'm sure next time you'll do it and profit. This time you better hold your shares till the market gets back to the uptrend. Be extra patient. I'm sure your December plans won't get spoiled. We are with you...!

Spot on Chief!

pushpakumara

The momemnt of truth is when we see the figures at CSE. We can not say anything about what is going to happen next.

My portfolio value came down by nearly about 500,000/- and I have a unrelaised loss around Rs. 250,000 and realised loss around Rs. 225,000/-. It was due to pressures that I am going through due to personal financial commitments.(This reduced total profit I gained during the past one year to 250,000/-)

I have been with CSE last year at its peak and was happy with the gains I made duirng good times and expected the same momentum in year 2011 as well. But now it is not so and I now get to understand what Stock market is.

I am thinking of the very moment of the trading and not what has happened. I am too under tremendous pressure from various quarters for my financial commitement for them. But I am still keeping my head up with lot of pateince and looking for ways and means of getting out of this situation.

One thing I did was, I sold at a major loss some under performing shares and re arranged my portfolio. (I do not know how prudent it for you to do the same thing)Thisway I managed to reduce my loss but at a loss of considerable amount of my portfolio.

So life continues with uneasiness and looking forward to see light at the end of the tunnel before we meet the next tunnel.

Jonathon

Jonathon
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

hey brother do not worry, life is not all about money you should not invest all your life savings into the market, this should be excess money where you can afford to loose if something like this happens

goodluck brother dont take things too serious nah

GoodPick

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

bettersrilanka wrote:dont worry about FLCH @ 4..

It was a mistake FLCH cost is 5.4 - I corrected it

Thanks brothers, for your heeling words. I will hold on to my breath and not sure how long I can............

I feel I am ruined ..............

"When it rains it pours"

Thanks brothers

Let's hope for a better tomorrow

Jude

Jude
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

why you buy flch for such high prices Mad

try to average your prices FLCH at current prices looks good to me pig

GoodPick

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Oh !!!!

it's another bad day, the loss is now 750K.

Can't hold my breath any more ...............

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

GoodPick wrote:Oh !!!!

it's another bad day, the loss is now 750K.

Can't hold my breath any more ...............

U have another 5 months for December brother. So do not get panic.
U are not on Credit. So u can hold.
In our market even a begger can become a millionaire with in few weeks.
Do not lose ur hope.
Most of us are on massive losses.
Human life, loving father to a child is much more worth than money or a house.
Please do not do any irreversible actions.

lokuayya

Goodpick,
It is distressing.But market will recover ,then you can reduce losses.
if we try juggle with other shares sometimes we may further add losses.
I think if we tightly hold on to what we have ,may be a within a year or two you may get a profit .
Many people can absorb this loss because they had good profits in 2010.

prabuddaka

prabuddaka
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

who was your adviser that told you to buy BFL at 420/-. Net asset per share of BFL as at 31.03.2011 is 75/-. Compare market price with NAPS next time. You may have to hold them at least 5years to recover your investment except some shares. Some times you may sell these shares at this loss and buy one good undervalued high liquid share to recover total loss and get good return.
I did it. I lost half of my money last year but because of credit problem and got BLUE at 3.50. and sold it 7.50 by recovering total loss. But it is very risky. Get advises from our forum members.

Last edited by prabuddaka on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShareShares

RichDad wrote:GoodPick, buddy just have a look at this

Oh God save me - I am going to get a heart attack Asi15

ASI behavior in the last year.

Focus on the Nov 2010 to mid Dec period. Now look at the mid Aug 2010 to Oct period. This is a cyclical phenomenon. Market is going through a correction period at the moment. Do you see the behaviour from mid Dec 2010 to March 2011? So that's how it works. You and I can't change it. The trend is determined by a lot of macro factors way beyond our control.

Only prob is you have entered in the wrong point my friend. Ideally you should be collecting at the bottoms while dumping at the peaks. I'm sure next time you'll do it and profit. This time you better hold your shares till the market gets back to the uptrend. Be extra patient. I'm sure your December plans won't get spoiled. We are with you...!

Spot on Chief!

ASI and MPI might pick up again like in JAN FEB March according to this chart. Superb if it picks up like in July august September 2010. at least some sort of movement can be expected.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum