FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Today at 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Today at 12:00 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Today at 10:39 am

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Yesterday at 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Yesterday at 1:26 pm

» Turkish ship leaves Ukraine's Mariupol after grain talks with Moscow
by target1 Yesterday at 11:29 am

» This week's CBOT corn, soy freefalls hard to match in recent years
by target1 Yesterday at 9:57 am

» Positive news to boost market sentiment
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:52 am

» Maharaja at IMF meeting
by Maharaja Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:35 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm

» India assures fullest support to Sri Lanka as a close friend
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

» SINS, SAMP, COMB, PARQ, ALUMEX and AEL - are they good shares to start collecting now?
by surfjj Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

» Learn how a fixed exchange rate system can be used to reduce inflation.
by target1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

» Debt Crisis: Sri Lanka Vs Argentine
by CHRONICLE™ Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am

» Sri Lanka in state of panic 1 month after sovereign default
by reyaz Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:23 pm

» Financial stability - we are at the crossroads.
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:17 pm

» Shrinkflation: Is it ethical?
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:05 pm

» Banking bullish billionaire Ishara expands footprint
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am

» SL hopes to finalize a staff level program with IMF soon-RW
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:48 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:29 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » What is wrong with RICH???

What is wrong with RICH???

+9
mono
Rajitha
$$$
UKboy
Antonym
Gaja
optimistic
Slstock
KPMG
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What is wrong with RICH??? Empty What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:12 am

KPMG

KPMG
Manager - Equity Analytics

Dear experts,
As u all predicted RICH should be in upward movment, but it is coming down even they reported huge profit.
What is wrong with RICH??
Any comment ????? pls

Thank u in advance

2What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:19 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

KPMG wrote:Dear experts,
As u all predicted RICH should be in upward movment, but it is coming down even they reported huge profit.
What is wrong with RICH??
Any comment ????? pls

Thank u in advance

RICH had a good run up to Rs16. Now it can come down a bit to consolidate before next run. Never know what will happend if big investers enter through. Keep watching

3What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:11 am

optimistic

optimistic

Looks like the stock is artificially pushed down for big players to collect. If you are a long term investor and have the holding power, you dont have to worry about these price fluctuations.

4What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:14 am

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

well said friends, also the other issue was there more shares in the hand of small players as well, so when big parties put the buy order at lesser prices these people may get panic and used to sell

5What is wrong with RICH??? Empty What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Nothing is wrong with RICH.
There is a saying on the markets: Buy on rumour, sell on fact. Some 'short term investors' who bought in anticipation of good results have made their money. Now that the results are out and the suspense is over, they are booking their profits.
Rest assured that the shares are moving from short term speculators' hands to long term investors' hands.

6What is wrong with RICH??? Empty What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Nothing is wrong with Rich.

It went to Rs16 from Rs 10 within a very short period of time. Gosh what else we can expect from a market...!!!!!!!!!!!! That means 60% appreciation Shocked

If this is not enough for a 2/3 months investment then thats called greediness

7What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:03 pm

$$$

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This is always the case with every share listed ..most often than not the results have already beeb leaked way before the officail announcement. since it was on an upward journey time for it to consolidate....Excellent share for the long haul

8What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

$$$ wrote:This is always the case with every share listed ..most often than not the results have already beeb leaked way before the officail announcement. since it was on an upward journey time for it to consolidate....Excellent share for the long haul

Sorry but this is not always the case. It depends on the expectations of the market IMO. I bought HOPL after the report at Rs 50. Now its rs 89 after few weeks and everyday after the report came out it went up by huge margins that they had to put the price band as well.

9What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:36 pm

mono

mono

Rajitha wrote:
$$$ wrote:This is always the case with every share listed ..most often than not the results have already beeb leaked way before the officail announcement. since it was on an upward journey time for it to consolidate....Excellent share for the long haul

Sorry but this is not always the case. It depends on the expectations of the market IMO. I bought HOPL after the report at Rs 50. Now its rs 89 after few weeks and everyday after the report came out it went up by huge margins that they had to put the price band as well.

that's because HOPL is dingy share while RICH is a blue chip. Wink People don't snoop around for results from places like HOPL, ONAL or CARE. i remember buying HOPL right after the report and selling it for 68 as well.

10What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:09 pm

$$$

Rajitha,

I ave also said most often than not..... yes it will also adjust according to Market perception but eg: expecting PCH to do One billion and when results came out it went down. Most shares however begin there up ward journey way before results are out and when they are out well the market acts accordingly. Lots of other factots come in to play as well. when a share performs as expected or exceeds expectations it might contract once actual results are out since it has been going up day after day but once profit taking and debt clearing is over with it will move up or down on fundementals once again.

11What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:50 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

it may up in the next rally.

12What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:55 pm

KPMG

KPMG

$$$ wrote:Rajitha,

I ave also said most often than not..... yes it will also adjust according to Market perception but eg: expecting PCH to do One billion and when results came out it went down. Most shares however begin there up ward journey way before results are out and when they are out well the market acts accordingly. Lots of other factots come in to play as well. when a share performs as expected or exceeds expectations it might contract once actual results are out since it has been going up day after day but once profit taking and debt clearing is over with it will move up or down on fundementals once again.

My thought id RICH is fundamentally strong share and it will pick from Monday onwards...

13What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

mono wrote:
that's because HOPL is dingy share while RICH is a blue chip. Wink People don't snoop around for results from places like HOPL, ONAL or CARE. i remember buying HOPL right after the report and selling it for 68 as well.
I mentioned it because $$$ said all shares behave like that in CSE after reports are out. Just FYI just because you might not know of the share does not mean its same for everyone. The dingy company you talking about HOPL had 1478 million revenue this quarter alone!! Also the share was trading around rs 30s a week before the results came to around rs 45 the day quarterly was out. Just because you does not approve of a share or its not a blue chip does not means its insignificant to all!

14What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:06 pm

mono

mono

Rajitha wrote:
mono wrote:
I mentioned it because $$$ said all shares behave like that in CSE after reports are out. Just FYI just because you might not know of the share does not mean its same for everyone. The dingy company you talking about HOPL had 1478 million revenue this quarter alone!! Also the share was trading around rs 30s a week before the results came to around rs 45 the day quarterly was out. Just because you does not approve of a share or its not a blue chip does not means its insignificant to all!

gee....

you didn't have to take that personally.

15What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:17 pm

$$$

Rajitha.

You need to read between the lines buddy I never said that it's a hard and fast rule it depends on many factors I agree with you that some shares will continue to gain even after results are out or they might even slide. I was refering to the Topic subject Which was about Rich and not HOPL.

FYI HOPL came under the price band for a reason.... as mentioned in previous posts lots of illiquid shares can be subject to manipulation on a Hint of Positive news.

Lets stick to the topic lets not digress mate.

16What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:21 pm

tubal

Since I have used up all my votes for today, let me just give a thumbs up to Antonym and UKBoy

17What is wrong with RICH??? Empty rich will boost Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:04 pm

eagleeye

Stock Trader

dont panic if you can play long term hold , take a deep breath have a cup of tea and relax

18What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Rocky

Rocky

I told the forum once and I tell them again that any small time retail could have sold the shares @15.3- 15.5 in the recent past. I bought them between 10 - 12 and dumped all of them this week.

I am now waiting for the next cycle. Shall start buying end March at 12.5 - 13.5.

Good share to keep long term.

19What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:00 pm

mono

mono

hybrid_OS wrote:I told the forum once and I tell them again that any small time retail could have sold the shares @15.3- 15.5 in the recent past. I bought them between 10 - 12 and dumped all of them this week.

I am now waiting for the next cycle. Shall start buying end March at 12.5 - 13.5.

Good share to keep long term.

12.5-13.5

right! Rolling Eyes

I'd say if the buyers are lucky they'll get this at 13.5. but given the present results and all the other RICH developments + rubber prices + possible Kerala drought i have difficulty beleving this will slip past 14

20What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:11 pm

Rocky

Rocky

Well if you decide to buy 1,000,000 shares then you are going to rouse a hornets nest as it were.
Its possible that you may do it, but then have mercy on guys like me who buy small time in bits and pieces to avoid the radar of sharp eyes on the CSE.

If Dr. S can buy NHL without raising any eye brows, then what can't Mono do?

Buy the way, why did Dharmadasa family increase their share % of NHL over the last qtr. To grab the lions share of the 1.2 bio. estimated earnings for 2010/11? Exclamation

21What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:16 pm

mono

mono

are u hinting at some here Suspect

........................................................................................................................................
hybrid_OS wrote:
Buy the way, why did Dharmadasa family increase their share % of NHL over the last qtr. To grab the lions share of the 1.2 bio. estimated earnings for 2010/11? Exclamation

I'll leave you with another speculative note. why did the schaffters raise their holding of JINS over the last 5 months Razz

22What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Rocky

Rocky

Aha! So you also ready between the lines!

That's it, so good things are in the pipe line and we should be in the thick of it.
I hold quite a bit of JINS, NHL and CSEC. When the opportune time arrives, this cool operator will spring to action.

By the way, what will DIST do with the extra capital gains from the NAMAL fund episode?
Uncle Harry is unpredictable these days and jittery at that!

23What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:31 pm

mono

mono

hybrid_OS wrote:
By the way, what will DIST do with the extra capital gains from the NAMAL fund episode?
Uncle Harry is unpredictable these days and jittery at that!

well...

I honestly don't know what he'll do. He's sort of out of vogue these days. but given the nature of this market the worse he can do is give a dividend. any other investment will drive prices. so i'm collecting this.let's see....

24What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:55 am

Gaja

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110213/BusinessTimes/bt06.html

25What is wrong with RICH??? Empty Re: What is wrong with RICH??? Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:56 am

Gaja

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110213/BusinessTimes/bt17.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum