FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any Predictions for LITE?

+5
gajaman pro
lbnnirmal
Hawk Eye
Suthar
sandundc
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:06 am

Suthar

Manager - Equity Analytics

Pro,

You are some where there Smile

22Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:16 pm

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Suthar wrote:Anway price band has been imposed on this, so not sure what wll happen tommorrow?

About 2 weks back I requested forum members to stay alert on LITE cos I got to know something about LITE that I can't disclose here. I got lot of -rep for that posy.

No worries I bought big quantities at 10.50 and 11.00. Still have 80% of those.

I agree that's not fundamentaly strong compared to some other stocks, but who cares if you are geting the return you are expecting.

Hi Suthar

there are rumors in the mkt, there will be deal in the range of 25-30

1.EBCR going to exit and GREG is going to buy ( i am not sure)

2. Some foreign collaboration with present mgt.

what is really going on, do u know the exact news

23Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:59 am

Hawk Eye

Expert
Expert

seyon wrote:
Suthar wrote:Anway price band has been imposed on this, so not sure what wll happen tommorrow?

About 2 weks back I requested forum members to stay alert on LITE cos I got to know something about LITE that I can't disclose here. I got lot of -rep for that posy.

I agree that's not fundamentaly strong compared to some other stocks, but who cares if you are geting the return you are expecting.

Hi Suthar

2. Some foreign collaboration with present mgt.

Seyon: i ve been following your posts, you wont pitch something like this unless its reliable. Is this from a reliable source?

24Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Hawk Eye

Expert
Expert

I too heard from an active big player in the market about LITE sometimes back. Then some post above by Suthar and Seyon. I see lot of posts asking about LITE trying to get some hint.

But it looks like all rumours to send the share up

25Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:35 pm

gajaman pro

I got the news about 2 weeks back and collected at 11. expected to have a quick run, but it went to 14 and turned back. LITE should have a good run i suppose. only time will tell.
this is not a buy recommendation.

26Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Suthar

Suthar

All happen cos of the price band. Hopefully tommorrow we can see where is the direction of LITE. This droped to 10 and went up to 14.90.

Hopefully it will rise up again.

27Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:40 pm

gajaman pro

only time will tell. there will be a run but cannot predict the time frame. A friend of mine bought east at 12 and 14 levels, today hes gain is huge.
Every share has a run, it all depends on retailer demand and some big guy or broker firm pushing the prices. That is how any stock market works. However this leaves out the fundamental shares out.

28Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

Suthar wrote:The person who gave me - point for this , please wait for 2 weeks and give me some + votes. I'll bet u

What happened to the good news?

29Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:28 pm

seyon

seyon wrote:

Hi Suthar

2. Some foreign collaboration with present mgt

The following extract from the 2010/11 annual report ( published today) chairman Review.

The Company is actively seeking new opportunities
and is in discussion with overseas principals to
diversify its businesses to ensure the long term
viability and profitability of the Company

So we will be able to smell some foreign collaboration in near future..

30Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:07 pm

innam

innam

seyon wrote:

The following extract from the 2010/11 annual report ( published today) chairman Review.

You have picked a nice portion of the review but the part before gives a clearer picture
"In my previous year’s review I drew attention to the
declining sales of the D-Size batteries on account
of the increasing popular usage of energy saving
lighting equipment. This trend continued and is

evident during the current year too."

Basically they are in a dieing business, given that they belong to a group in the rights manufacturing sector sheholders should pray that they sell the company rather than going for another rights issue. Who knows with this manaement team, they turned a road construction firm (LDEV) into a tea plantation so they may turn a battery manufacturer (LITE) into a hotel.

31Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:48 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

innam wrote: Who knows with this manaement team, they turned a road construction firm (LDEV) into a tea plantation so they may turn a battery manufacturer (LITE) into a hotel.

I was never convinced with the LITE since a year or so.. Innam is right.. A company under UBCR whose parent is again CFLB - the rights house, can come up with another rights issue saying they're looking at lifting up some self charging batteries then put the minorities on a run for the issue Wink

I dont in my dreams even advice someone to hold on to this one for some time..

P.S - I have 1K of this brought for short term trading..

32Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:12 pm

StocksWatch

seyon wrote:The following extract from the 2010/11 annual report ( published today) chairman Review.

Thanks seyon for bringing this to our attention. There were many speculations about LITE in the recent past and this chairman's statement supports them to some extent.

Few brokers (CT/Capital) have been recommending this stock for sometime now. LITE had a mini-rally and touched 14.90 recently and caught under the price band. This may be a good counter for short term trading if you enter and exit at the correct time afer a carefull analysis.

33Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 pm

seyon

innam wrote:

You have picked a nice portion of the review but the part before gives a clearer picture
"In my previous year’s review I drew attention to the
declining sales of the D-Size batteries on account
of the increasing popular usage of energy saving
lighting equipment. This trend continued and is

evident during the current year too."

Basically they are in a dieing business, given that they belong to a group in the rights manufacturing sector sheholders should pray that they sell the company rather than going for another rights issue. Who knows with this manaement team, they turned a road construction firm (LDEV) into a tea plantation so they may turn a battery manufacturer (LITE) into a hotel.

Innam,Thanks to pointing out current scenario, this should be the reason to go for diversification or starting up new products, So in near future we can hear corporate actions from the company. Basically this rumor pushed up the share price, if u analyze the recent trend, out of 39Mn shares 16Mn shares were trade in two days @ average price of Rs.13. So there should be some interesting things.

will wait and see

See the last trading trend...

8/3/2011 47,600 22 11.5 11.5 11 11.1 -0.4 -3.48 2.18
8/4/2011 94,200 35 11.1 11.7 11 11.1 - - 2.18
8/8/2011 291,100 60 11 11.4 10.8 11.3 0.3 2.73 2.19
8/9/2011 30,200 12 11.3 11.3 10.7 11.2 -0.1 -0.88 2.19
8/10/2011 8,074,900 1,332 11.2 14.3 11.2 13.5 2.3 20.54 2.37
8/11/2011 8,097,100 1,559 13.5 14.9 12.1 13.6 0.1 0.74 3.22

8/12/2011 948,800 305 13.6 14.2 12.5 12.9 -0.7 -5.15 3.17
8/15/2011 1,382,100 418 12.9 14.1 13 13.5 0.6 4.65 3.22
8/16/2011 1,274,800 317 13.5 14 13.1 13.9 0.4 2.96 3.25
8/17/2011 717,000 218 13.9 14.1 12.7 13 -0.9 -6.47 3.18
8/18/2011 511,500 189 13 13.7 13 13.2 0.2 1.54 3.19
8/19/2011 337,100 112 13.2 13.6 12.9 13 -0.2 -1.52 3.18
8/22/2011 122,800 59 13 13.3 12.8 12.8 -0.2 -1.54 3.16
8/23/2011 546,400 152 12.8 13 12.1 12.6 -0.2 -1.56 3.14
8/24/2011 298,400 97 12.6 12.5 11.9 12.2 -0.4 -3.17 3.11
8/25/2011 322,700 83 12.2 12.6 12 12 -0.2 -1.64 3.1
8/26/2011 339,300 81 12 12.3 11.9 12 - - 3.1

34Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 pm

seyon

smallville wrote:
innam wrote: Who knows with this manaement team, they turned a road construction firm (LDEV) into a tea plantation so they may turn a battery manufacturer (LITE) into a hotel.

I was never convinced with the LITE since a year or so.. Innam is right.. A company under UBCR whose parent is again CFLB - the rights house, can come up with another rights issue saying they're looking at lifting up some self charging batteries then put the minorities on a run for the issue Wink

I dont in my dreams even advice someone to hold on to this one for some time..

P.S - I have 1K of this brought for short term trading..

Yes small, they may be coming out with another rights, But in past, before the announcement of the right issue or even after the announcement ( LCEY, LDEV) these shares were pushed up, so this could be good opportunity to exit, If u see in two days 16mn shares were trade @ average of Rs.13. 19Mn with EBCR so the balance would have changed to some one hand.

this changing hand of 16Mn good smell for the another upward trend.

35Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 am

gajaman pro

I got to know about this a couple of weeks back and collected it at a low level. I don't want to mention how i got this news, but actually the run will begin shortly . I don't know whether it will perform as east did , but we will have to wait and see how it goes. Only time will tell

36Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:28 pm

seyon

gajaman pro wrote:I got to know about this a couple of weeks back and collected it at a low level. I don't want to mention how i got this news, but actually the run will begin shortly . I don't know whether it will perform as east did , but we will have to wait and see how it goes. Only time will tell

Who are the brokers recommending LITE these days.. I know CT & Acuity

Who else?

37Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:52 am

Suthar

Suthar

Capital Trust. They are collecting this again

38Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:21 am

seyon

Suthar wrote:Capital Trust. They are collecting this again

I know Capital Trust recommending even when it was @ 13 , i just want to find out who else promoting LITE these days.

39Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:23 am

Suthar

Suthar

CT Smith

40Any Predictions for LITE? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Predictions for LITE? Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Suthar

Suthar

Today also went up and came down due to high selling pressure. Will what will happen next

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum