I can name a few;
1) A part ownership of the company invested in.
2) A portion of company's profits as dividents
3) Token of appreciations by ways of Gift vouchers, special promotions, discounted rates on purchases
4) Participation on AGM, GMs or vote on proposals by means of a proxy if not attending.
5) Rights to Transfer Ownership
6) The Right to Sue the copmany for Wrongful Acts (i.e. coperate mal practice, exxaggerated account reports, etc..
However, shareholders take on a greater risk (they receive next to nothing if the firm goes bankrupt) and should have more benefits than this now adays..
What more come to your mind regarding your holding of the company's shares?
Now recently we've seen VFIN, REEF and lately BIL stating their EPS figures wrong, if they dont realize this lately or never wanted to do the corrections, this means its a felony of accounting mal practice..so as shareholders can we intervene?