FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by samaritan Today at 9:41 am

» SGH buys EXPO from retailers
by samaritan Today at 9:34 am

» PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC (GLAS.N0000)
by stocknoob Today at 7:59 am

» RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC (RAL.N0000) TP. 7
by cheetah Yesterday at 9:45 pm

» LOFC Future
by Nandana Withanage Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by sojsilva Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 5:07 pm

» WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 5:05 pm

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 11:47 am

» US inflation eased slightly in July
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 11:25 am

» ACL; MELS; HHL; BIL; LWL- STOCKS TO WATCH
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Pakistan stocks surge on IMF Staff level agreement - CSE is warming up for the big run
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:16 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Yesterday at 10:24 am

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:13 pm

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by cseboss Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:34 am

» NO FURTHER INCREASE IN TAXES-PRES. RANIL WICKRAMASINGHE
by ADVENTUS Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:48 pm

» CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000)
by Dasun Maduwantha Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 pm

» Nestle‚ declares highest ever dividend
by Shiranli Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:24 am

» PRIME LANDS RESIDENCIES PLC (PLR.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:15 am

» MULTI FINANCE PLC (MFL.N0000)
by Eleven Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » A conversation that I had with my wife part II

A conversation that I had with my wife part II

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sirimevan

sirimevan
Manager - Equity Analytics

A conversation that I had with my wife part II
Remember me guys?(The guy who wrote the part one)
Ok now this is what happened today during a conversation that I had with her and this was over the phone since I was at office,I called her today noon and told her hi angel, then she said hi too,Then I asked her, honey do you know something?Then she said what? Then I said the market is up today and its up today by 1oo odd points, and then she asked form me what does it mean? Then I told her, honey our share price has gone up, and she was surprised then she asked from me is it true? I said yes, and she asked how much of profit do we have? Then I said No angel still we have not made any profit, yet I have recovered my capital which I lost, then she said, ah ok………….. (it was with a low tone)

Then now comes the most crucial part,
Then I asked from her, honey do you trust me? She said yes
Then I asked from her do you love me then she said yes too,
And I said, ok I’ll call you back; she said ok too and cut the line,
But she never said I love you too, which she normally says

What do we understand from her final few words?
Is she happy? Is she confident? Or is she pretending?

The fact is ,Still she is not happy , but still she doesn’t regret too for investing (because she knows that we have our capital back)But do you remember what were her words during last Saturday, she said honey we would have invested this money in a fd,But today she was satisfied with the investment that we made For this difference it took only 5 days, isn’t it?

The motive behind this story,

In life we all have to go through difficult times, when we go through this difficult occasions its very painful and its very regretting too, but we have to have that courage and faith since I had the courage to hold on until today I ended up with my capital,Do you’ll remember that week, the last week the crucial week that the market was so down?

What a change and change of happiness that it could give when you have courage in life, just by one week my entire life changed, now I have new expectations new feelings instead of that old dead feelings ,
when I saw like there was no buying for my share I felt like giving up too at most stages, but remember I never lost my faith I always had the faith of my investment and the courage to hold on, and today it has brought my capital back,Guys I know that most of us have not recovered all but at least we see something good in the future, aren’t we seeing something good?Most of the people don’t look at the future they only think of that particular moment and giving up easily,
Isn’t it?

Remember the people who sold their investment at dirt cheap prices must regretting today, it’s not because of anything else because they didn’t have that courage to go through difficult times in life and they were lacking of their own faith,Isn’t it? You have to be strong in life, you shouldn’t be an ordinary person, if you are an ordinary person why do you want to come and invest today? Why do you want to take all these risks? Why do you have to go through all these painful moments? Because you are extra-ordinary, your capabilities our much more higher than the others,If you wanted a comfortable life why did you chose this path of investing?

Remember investing is difficult but the outcome is more profitable and at that point you will be different from others since you know the way of enhancing your lifestyle, and its unique too,Don’t ever easily give up in life it is very easy to give up but very difficult to hold on, the winner is the strongest who survives till the end, to be strong all you got to have faith and to talk to your own self and believe in you, when you believe in you, nobody could put you down, and when nobody could put you down remember who you are at thatday,Thought of sharing some words after seeing people from lost to recovering

Any way Remember the profit is yet to come so don’t lose your faith, it’s still the beginning of your faith,
Let me see what my wife would say when I tell her next time that I have made a profit finally,

Be safe guys and hope for a better future,
Good luck and have faith, good is yet to come,
Sirimevan,

(if youll dont want me to write any more here after in future just let me know too )

Last edited by sirimevan on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Well said.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

ninja

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Are you giving motivational speeches as a living? Smile Hope part III wouldn't be required in near future with green, green and green @ CSE.

Thanks for the 2 lessons. Very interesting.

thighrokker

What i noticed was...

- You have a wife with whom you talk over the phone while in office
- You have faith to hold your stocks : some day it will become profitable, you hope.
- you are clueless about a thing called opportunity cost, and have no idea that money tied up in hope of making a breakeven could have been better used to generate higher returns of you did HAVE the courage to sell at a loss...
- you live in a fantasy where the evil monster always looses and the good guy lives happily ever after.
- you do not understand that in order for X to profit, Y must make a loss.

- You also believe that its profit from shares that she is expecting from you
Wink

PS : It is quite refreshing post. I am only skeptical about some perspectives you have stated.

NightStalker

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

ninja wrote:Are you giving motivational speeches as a living? Smile Hope part III wouldn't be required in near future with green, green and green @ CSE.

Thanks for the 2 lessons. Very interesting.

Machang if by some chance the market crashes next week this guy will be writing his part 3 on the road because his wife would have kicked him out ROFL

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum