FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

Latest topics

» CSE Crossings for the week
by Pradeep90 Today at 12:16 pm

» Blossom March
by Vishwanarth Today at 8:33 am

» SEMB SEMB
by RJ1010 Today at 12:21 am

» Leading brokers causing market downturn
by dhanushkacse Yesterday at 10:18 pm

» පෙබරවාරි මාසේ කොළඹ කොටස් වලට මොකක්ද වුනේ - බැසුවාද ? බැස්සාද ?
by Nishan Cooray Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» TRUE VALUE OF LANKA ALUMINUM INDUSTRY (LALU)
by Trading Jockey Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC (NTB.N0000)
by chathura123 Yesterday at 3:53 pm

» UNHCR Fear is over 21 countries speak for us only 15 against
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 11:14 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Mithooshan Yesterday at 7:31 am

» SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC (SHL.N0000)
by suku502 Yesterday at 12:58 am

» DFCC will be receiving Rs.594,538,285.50
by Wonderer Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:49 pm

» UNHCR එකේ ලොකූ ටෝක දැම්මට සමහර ඔස්තාර් ලා කියන ආර්තික සම්භාදක අරවා මේවා මුකුත් එන්නේ නැ
by Vishwanarth Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:27 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by samaritan Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:45 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:00 am

» If you are one of those people who can sleep at night while someone else is in control of your destiny, then my advice would be to only invest in stocks
by Asoka Samarakone Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:58 pm

» Price prediction on GRAN and TAFL
by Bakkabwoi Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:22 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:54 pm

» Bullish sentiment returns with market regulator's assurance
by Vishwanarth Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:52 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Wickyz Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:19 pm

» Chart 25.02.2021
by stockback Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:41 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Any Banker or Investor who did before this explain me the following things

Any Banker or Investor who did before this explain me the following things

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Today when i chatting with the friend he told if i deposit 30% of the required amount then i can obtained the Bank Guarantee i wanted, for example if i wanted 10,000,000/= then i have to deposit with them Rs.3,000,000/= And there charges vary depend on the amount involved.

Now say i obtained this 10,000,000 and i applied for 400,000 shares of Union Bank, I want to know the following

If the B.O.D allocate only 25% to me i.e, 100,000 shares then whether i have to apply fresh guarantee by cancelling the previous one?
If not whether the company Company ( IPO Company ) will do the needful with the bank?
Also the refund for the 300,000 shares i.e Rs. 7,500,000/= will be forwarded to me or the refund case will not arise at all because the bank finally going to pay only 2,500,000/= to the IPO Company?
If i applied through whether i need to fill the refund disposal area in the IPO Application?
The 100,000 shares allocated to me will be given to me in my name or in the name of the bank which issued the guarantee? and if it is allocated in the name of the bank how can i dispose the shares?
If it is allocated to me whether the disposal proceeds will be forwarded to me or to the bank?

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
I am sorry that I don't know to answerr your question.

Can you tell us which bank agreed to give you this facility and whether we too can obtain the same?

Gaja

my friend to me is NTB, also i am not sure this is 3% or 30%, he is a customer of the bank and he asked me all the above questions, anyway i also going to check with NTB Tomorrow whether they will give to only customers or to all who are willing to deposit the % required by them

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I am somewhat related to banking business, I think it will be coming to your CDS account, you will be signing for the IPO application forms, only thing is that the amount requested needs to be within your capacity any thing excess would have to be settled this could be within your margin facility , please verify with your own bank , different banks may be having different conditions ,it is safer with the bank which you have a margin account maintained as there is a problem of credit clearance if you go beyond our capacity. Please verify with your own bank.

venuja

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Gaja,

Its like this.

01. No you don't have to give a new bank guarantee. Because the company take money only to the allocated amount of shares to you.

02.No refund since payment is only to the allocated amount of shares.

03.Better to fill the refund details as well. I think it says if you are applying through a bank guarantee facility u don't have to fill that area.( I,m not sure check with the application)

04.The shares will be allocated in your name & it will be deposited in your CDS A/C

05.Disposal proceeds will come to you.

06.The ratio u are talking depends with the bank. It is 10% or 20% or 30% most probably the value of shares that the company is going to allocate to you will be withing the limit of the cash that u are going to deposit with the bank to obtain the guarantee.(Bank is 100% safe here.)

07. A problem will occur if the company allocate a higher no of shares which the value is higher than the amount u deposit to obtain the guarantee. In this case u have to pay an interest for that amount to the bank until u settled that outstanding with them.

Thanks.

Fresher

I have some doubts regarding bank guarantee. Appreciate if someone can help me

What is a bank guarantee?

I had an understanding that a bank would give a document of guarantee of some kind that I would be able to pay upto a certain amount, if you have so much deposits with them.
But from the above post, I think I am wrong.

What banks issue guarantees? is it only commercial banks or can it be obtained from NSB too?

salt

salt
Guys, this spplys only those who apply LKR 100 million or more. How many of us can/does apply for more than that amount?

You may get a bank guarantee for any amount but in the case of IPO, they accept only application above Rs100 million

KDS

KDS
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
I disagree with salt as some companies does allow lower than Rs. 100 million to be applied on BG.

Gaja

thanks for the informations, salt i am not sure what 100 Mn you refer above, but all the IPO's request to furnish the Bank Guarantee in the case ur application exceeds 100Mn mark

mono

mono
We got one for 20 mil. so i'm not sure if u need to put 100 mil

anu

anu
Manager - Equity Analytics
Gaja

1. If the bank issues a guarantee for 10Mn keeping a deposit of 3Mn, then it is a cedit decision by them to take a risk for 7Mn on you.

2. At the IPO, the company will not claim on the guarantee. For eg. if you are allotted shares worth of 5Mn. , they will inform you to settle that 5Mn within a stipulated time and take the original guarantee back. You cannot touch the 3Mn with the bank. You will submit a cheque or pay order for 5Mn. and on its realisation, the original guarantee will be returned to you. Then you will return that to the bank and release your 3Mn. kept as security for your guarantee.

3. If you fail to settle the 5Mn. to the IPO company, then only they will claim from the bank on the guarantee. Then the bank will send their pay order for 5Mn. to the co. and start running behind you to claim the balance 2Mn. plus other charges / interest.

So this guarantee business is ideal for high networth persons and companies.

Gaja

[quote="venuja"]Gaja,

Its like this.

01. No you don't have to give a new bank guarantee. Because the company take money only to the allocated amount of shares to you.

thanks as per my example if they allocated to me 100,000 shares, do i need to pay 2,500,000 to the union bank? OR will the Union Bank collect the Rs. 2,500,000/= from Guarantee Issuing Bank?

anu

anu
UB will ask you to settle 2.5Mn within a particular time. If you do not settle, then they will claim 2.5Mn. from the G'tee issuing bank.
(If anyone out there has any different opinion, pl express)

salt

salt
@mono wrote:We got one for 20 mil. so i'm not sure if u need to put 100 mil

Does IPO company accept application with less than LKR 100 million accompanied with a bank guarnatee? To my knowledge is "NO"

NO sir, you are right!

Payment should be made separately in respect of each Application by way of a cheque or bank draft or bank guarantee. Each Application Form should be accompanied by only one cheque or bank draft or bank
guarantee and should be issued for the full amount indicated in the Application Form. An Application accompanied by two or more cheques or bank drafts or bank guarantees will be rejected. Cash will not be
accepted. Anyone wishing to pay cash should obtain a bank draft from any licensed commercial bank in Sri Lanka. Cheques or bank drafts should be drawn on any licensed commercial bank in Sri Lanka and crossed
“Account Payee Only” and made payable to “Union Bank of Colombo Limited – Initial Public Offering”. The bank guarantee should be issued by any licensed commercial bank in Sri Lanka and in favour of “Union Bank of Colombo Limited – Initial Public Offering” in a manner acceptable to the Bank and be payable on demand. Payment for Applications for values below Rupees One Hundred Million (Rs. 100,000,000/-) could be supported by a cheque or bank draft or bank guarantee. Payment for Applications above and inclusive of Rupees One Hundred Million (Rs. 100,000,000/-) should only be accompanied by a bank guarantee. Investors residing in outstation areas from which cheque clearance may take over two (02) Market Days are advised to make payment via bank drafts to avoid any delays.
Please refer “Section 5.14 – Payment of Application Monies” in the Prospectus for further details

Gaja

they will accept even 1,000 shares you can apply with BG,

Payment for Applications for values below Rupees One Hundred Million
(Rs. 100,000,000/-) could be supported by a cheque or bank draft or bank guarantee. Payment for Applications above and inclusive of Rupees One Hundred Million (Rs. 100,000,000/-) should only be
accompanied by a bank guarantee.

Gaja

Mono do i need to fill the refund cage, if i applied through BG

17Any Banker or Investor who did before this explain me the following things Empty BG Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:55 pm

milanka

milanka
@Gaja ,

I am writing after reading the complete thread , the prospectus and the application.

a. You could apply for even 1000 shares with the BG. Its correct.
b.Union bank would ask you directly to pay them for the allocated number of shares first.
c. if you do not pay then thay would collect that amount from your bank.
d. the amount you have to deposit with your bank to get a higher BG amount is between you and your bank. check with them.
e. you do not have to fill in the SLIPS box in the application. In your case there is no refund as you pay only for the allocated number of shares.

Last edited by milanka on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

Gaja

Thanks Everybody for the valuable comments and time spend to reply this post, here is my personal experience

the bank requested me to keep the 3% margin in my account ( this amount on hold ), and the UB didn't ask anything from me to pay, the my bank release the fund after deducting the value for the shares allocated to me ( UB directly got the money from the Guarantor )

Once again thanks for the information

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum