FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this Really a Bull run or is it a shot in the arm bear run

+5
udeni
Ransiri Silva
raa
Investor99
suja
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

suja

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Would like to know your thoughts. In my view 100+ yesterday and close to 200 points today is not a very healthy signal

Investor99

Manager - Equity Analytics

This market up trend is based on the discussion that brokers are having with the CSE regarding the unregulated credit issue. The outcome of these discussions can be positive or can be negative. In my opinion the crowd is expecting a positive outcome and are on a buying spree.

raa

Heavy weights like JKH, SPEN, AHUN, SEYB, COMB, etc haven't moved which is not a good sign. These stocks should lead any fundamentally driven bull run. Foreign outflows in this market is not a good sign therefore I have my reservations about this run.

Ransiri Silva

Ransiri Silva
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Investor99 wrote:This market up trend is based on the discussion that brokers are having with the CSE regarding the unregulated credit issue. The outcome of these discussions can be positive or can be negative. In my opinion the crowd is expecting a positive outcome and are on a buying spree.

I think the answer may be positive from retailers side (some relax on the credit rule), but I am afraid that how many retailers are there in this bull run. As many pointed, this may not be the start of the upward trend many awaiting.

Investor99

According to my broker the discussions are about the settlement of T+5, they are trying to get T+X where X can be 10 days or 15 etc. Also CSE will bring in addition rules where the brokers might need to comply.

udeni

udeni

Investor99 wrote:According to my broker the discussions are about the settlement of T+5, they are trying to get T+X where X can be 10 days or 15 etc. Also CSE will bring in addition rules where the brokers might need to comply.

If T+5 rule is relaxed it affects the retailer in both ways. When expecting settlement for sales the retailer will have to wait for T+X days for settlement by the broker. (Assuming there were no purchases during that period)

MJ

raa wrote:Heavy weights like JKH, SPEN, AHUN, SEYB, COMB, etc haven't moved which is not a good sign. These stocks should lead any fundamentally driven bull run. Foreign outflows in this market is not a good sign therefore I have my reservations about this run.

What you say makes sence, But in general from what we have seen in the past....Heavy Weights never make massive moves in any Bull run. Those shares have always appriated over the time, not based on Bull Runs.
You can expect to have a run with SEYB, But I very much doubt the others...thise will appriciate on in single digits per day( Same when it goes down too )

I have spoken to a few Brokers , According to them , majority buying is from Retailers ( Unfortunately I donot have figures to quote )
Definitly PPl are expecting some good news from Regulators, which has an impact on the Run.

Anyway..We still have to wait another couple of days to see where exactly the market is turning to, Hopefuly UPWARDS !!!!

suja

The settlement was T+8 any way before this rule was introduced. The guys who jumped the 8 days were wacked an interest by the broker company. I do not know what the big fuss about this is as even going on Margin trading is similar I guess. Correct me if I am wrong. This is not due to credit.

econ

econ
Global Moderator

raa wrote:Heavy weights like JKH, SPEN, AHUN, SEYB, COMB, etc haven't moved which is not a good sign. These stocks should lead any fundamentally driven bull run. Foreign outflows in this market is not a good sign therefore I have my reservations about this run.

agreed .. if these heavy weights run then indexes up massively. it is not good because foriegners do not come to CSE assuming market is overvalued. but truth is we can find lot of undervalued growth potential counters in the market.

Rocky

Rocky

econ wrote:

agreed .. if these heavy weights run then indexes up massively. it is not good because foriegners do not come to CSE assuming market is overvalued. but truth is we can find lot of undervalued growth potential counters in the market.

Agree that if the so called 'white man' (Indian, Malay, ME and expats etc included) does not buy and hold on for at least a year one cannot expect any stability in the market.

Our guys want instant gratification, and it is a sign of the times, especially the newcomers.

abra12

udeni wrote:
Investor99 wrote:According to my broker the discussions are about the settlement of T+5, they are trying to get T+X where X can be 10 days or 15 etc. Also CSE will bring in addition rules where the brokers might need to comply.

If T+5 rule is relaxed it affects the retailer in both ways. When expecting settlement for sales the retailer will have to wait for T+X days for settlement by the broker. (Assuming there were no purchases during that period)

A good point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum