FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CARS CINV BUKI

+11
dhamm
come on
smallville
sony3
dimithri
tubal
sapumal
nal 78
seyon
million
Rocky
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1CARS CINV BUKI Empty CARSONS/BUKI Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Rocky

Rocky
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I know the following:

- Low liquidity
- Relationship between the two
- Plantations etc
- Growth potential
- Dividend payout
- Margins

What are the hidden elements that you can guess will impact the performance for the quarter?
Why has nt the price shot up past 610 for carsons?
Are there any known secrets that I know nothing off?

Question silent

2CARS CINV BUKI Empty GUAR Vs CINV Vs CARS Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:19 pm

million

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Do you think these will go up the most ?

3CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:07 pm

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

hybrid_OS wrote:I know the following:

- Low liquidity
- Relationship between the two
- Plantations etc
- Growth potential
- Dividend payout
- Margins

What are the hidden elements that you can guess will impact the performance for the quarter?
Why has nt the price shot up past 610 for carsons?
Are there any known secrets that I know nothing off?

Question silent

Hi hybrid_OS

CARS, CINV,BUKI,GUAR,LION and other related companies are in good track.. Time to time stocks will starts its rally to reflect their performance. These stocks are good to build up your strong portfolio. I did not analyze about BUKI and Other CARS group illiquid stocks. But I have done good study on CINV, GUAR and CARS.. CINV and GUAR will come out with strong portfolio and attractive results. Still the price are very attractive to buy, still it has room to move up.... CARS will reflect its group performance. now it is 2nd market Cap.. and is on track to move into 1st Market Cap in near future....

Happy Trading

4CARS CINV BUKI Empty watapola investment Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:29 pm

nal 78

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

seyon
please tell your opinion on wapo
i know you are fond of carson group
due to your advice i have major stake in carson group companies it gives me a good return
seyon please tell me your valuable opinion on wapo and its right issue

5CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:40 pm

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

nal 78 wrote:seyon
due to your advice i have major stake in carson group companies it gives me a good return

I haven't studied cars and buki

Rubber Investment trust is the real GEM in CARS group. It's Net Assets rose to 27Bn now

It has 20Mn shares of BUKI and 10Mn shares of JKH

NET ASSETS = 20,037,500 * 1200 +10,802,178 * 295 = Rs 27,231,642,510

6CARS CINV BUKI Empty cars Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:00 am

nal 78

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

GUAR and BUKI FLOATING shares are comparatively low ,(according to my memory guar 10% and buki 5% )
but cinv 30% in cse.lk so floating share volume is high
cars floating share volume is high ( compare with BUKI)

i follow carson group and fond of that for years

so my advice is buy guardian or buki b cos price appreciation is fast (compare with cinv and cars )

cinv is very liquid so easy to sell

any way without hesitation i would recomand to buy carson group shares

its a life time solid investment

7CARS CINV BUKI Empty @ SEYON Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:04 am

million

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

what do you think of KAPI will it run anytime soon ?

8CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:08 am

tubal

amjad wrote:what do you think of KAPI will it run anytime soon ?

Where have you been? KAPI has appreciated by a very large amount since the right issue was announced, and it's horridly over valued right now

9CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:14 am

dimithri

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

tubal wrote:

Where have you been? KAPI has appreciated by a very large amount since the right issue was announced, and it's horridly over valued right now

Hi tubal,I brought BUKI 200 @ 990 in credit. Can you tell me the price I should sell.Thnx

10CARS CINV BUKI Empty KAPI Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:57 am

million

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

@ tubal,

was just guessing due to the following information.
http://www.blogtopsites.com/post/mtd+walkers
1.400mln piling contract
2.super highway contract
3.northern power plant

its not a guess its a fact that its future is bright.

11CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:23 am

tubal

amjad wrote:@ tubal,

1.400mln piling contract
2.super highway contract
3.northern power plant

Amjad, you can't pick facts and figures to suite yourself. KAPI had a 1:19 rights issue. Here is the link: http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/9961288151500_444.pdf

Guess what, their EPS is going to be diluted by 19 now. So they are going to have make 1900% profit increase to comphensate for that. And what's their profit now? Well they don't have a profit, they made a loss.

The secod fact that you seem to have ignored is that the XR price of the shares should have been 53.5 , the share is now trading at 75.00 that's a 50% increase.

12CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:25 am

tubal

dimithri wrote:
tubal wrote:

Hi tubal,I brought BUKI 200 @ 990 in credit. Can you tell me the price I should sell.Thnx

Really sorry Dimithri, no one can tell you at what price you should sell at. However I got out of BUKI at around the price that you got in! Yeah call me stupid, but a profit that has not been entered into the books is not a profit.

13CARS CINV BUKI Empty @ tubal Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 pm

million

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

perfectly understood. many thanks for the explanation.

14CARS CINV BUKI Empty @ tubal Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:21 pm

million

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

do you think these shares a good for buying on monday,Please advice me

GUAR
CARS
BFL
CIVN
ELPL
BRWN

15CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:55 pm

tubal

The first five have had their day in the sun. So don't bother with them. The last one, BRWN it tried to break out of the resistance levels last Friday but was rapidly beaten back down. Might be worth watching, if it breaks out again and the break out looks sustainable, go for it.

Overall, this is selling time, not buying time. If you must buy something, pick a share that has not appreciated in a big way in recent weeks. Or if it has appreciated, the price is justified by the latest quarterly and short term prospects.

16CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:00 pm

sapumal

tubal wrote:The first five have had their day in the sun. So don't bother with them. The last one, BRWN it tried to break out of the resistance levels last Friday but was rapidly beaten back down. Might be worth watching, if it breaks out again and the break out looks sustainable, go for it.

Overall, this is selling time, not buying time. If you must buy something, pick a share that has not appreciated in a big way in recent weeks. Or if it has appreciated, the price is justified by the latest quarterly and short term prospects.

Palm oil prices are rising. Carson group can have better EPS.

17CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:10 pm

tubal

sapumal wrote:
Palm oil prices are rising. Carson group can have better EPS.

This has been discussed in another thread.

sony3

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I LIKE TO BUY CARSON AND BUKIT AT PRESENT PRICE??? PLEASE EXPLAIN ME?

19CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:15 pm

seyon

nal 78 wrote:seyon

Hi nal78

WAPO current price is very high. Its book value only Rs.20. But the right issue is very attractive.. the reason for this price level may be investors interesting to get additional rights or selling their rights @ highest price. Additional rights is impossible. Since WAPO made underwriting agreement with Guardian in case rights is under subscribed. we have to see How the rights is going to be traded. If the rights will be in attractive price then we can go for....

20CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:28 pm

seyon

tubal wrote:
amjad wrote:@ tubal,

1.400mln piling contract
2.super highway contract
3.northern power plant

Amjad, you can't pick facts and figures to suite yourself. KAPI had a 1:19 rights issue. Here is the link: http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/9961288151500_444.pdf

Guess what, their EPS is going to be diluted by 19 now. So they are going to have make 1900% profit increase to comphensate for that. And what's their profit now? Well they don't have a profit, they made a loss.

The secod fact that you seem to have ignored is that the XR price of the shares should have been 53.5 , the share is now trading at 75.00 that's a 50% increase.

Hi tubal

Yes you are correct KAPI made loss at current scenario and XR price is also in Rs.54 level. However we must have to see their new projects and growth. As Amjad pointed out. company is on good track in developing new projects and restructuring the company from the right issue proceeds

The Purpose of right Issue

The purpose for which the proceeds of the issue are to be utilized
1. To capitalize loans received for the acquisition of companies previously
2. To acquire Northern Power Company (Pvt) Ltd
3. To Finance Working Capital of the company
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/9961288151500_444.pdf

The proceeds of this Rights Issue will be used for the 100% purchase of Northern Power Company Private Limited, a 30MW HFO power plant located in Chunnakam, Jaffna, as the largest provider of electricity to the Jaffna Peninsula. The balance of the Rights Issue proceeds will be used for capital expenditure and working capital requirements of the MTD Group of Companies.

http://srilankastockpicks.blogspot.com/2010/12/mtd-walkers-plc-announce-rights-issue.html

We do not know about the numbers of the loans received for the acquisition of companies previously and the amount required to acquire Northern Power Company (Pvt) Ltd. However I would say major part of the loan will be settled from the right issue. Hence Finance cost amounts Rs.67Mn will be reduced and this would strengthen the bottom line. This scenario will highlight only on 4th quarter results.

Let us workout the utilization of right issue

Total Proceeds From Rights ----------------- --------------------Rs. 3,585,096,339
Interest Bearing loans---------------------------------- ------------- Rs. 707,045,353 1st Preference to settle
Overdraft -------------------------------------------------------------- Rs.226,647,954 2nd Preference
Non Interest Bearing loans--------------------------- -------------- Rs. 848,278,262
(This loan may be obtained from parent company, there should be flexibility for the repayment)

Hence the amounts of Rs.2Bn (after settlement of interest bearing loans and OD) will be utilized for the acquisition of Northern Power Company (Pvt) Ltd , other investment opportunities and working capital requirement.

We can see the restructured and sound balance sheet from the 4th quarter. Further income generate from new projects also will contribute to strengthen the company performance and value…

Happy Trading

21CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:20 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

While I agree wit the carsons shares, I must stress out its CINV that stands out due to the attractive price level its going nw.. Surely this wont be staying in this era for a long time and I'm seeing bull factors from last week looking at the buying pressure it has.. CINV has number of shares on float so easily can buy and sell.. BUKI on the other hand is nearly closer to 1000 and its very difficult for normal ppl to jump into it looking at the value.. But that's once hell of a share which I used to be bullish ;-)

22CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:42 pm

sapumal

I don't think CINV will move. Look at the selling pressure. It is huge

23CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:56 pm

seyon

smallville wrote:While I agree wit the carsons shares, I must stress out its CINV that stands out due to the attractive price level its going nw.. Surely this wont be staying in this era for a long time and I'm seeing bull factors from last week looking at the buying pressure it has.. CINV has number of shares on float so easily can buy and sell.. BUKI on the other hand is nearly closer to 1000 and its very difficult for normal ppl to jump into it looking at the value.. But that's once hell of a share which I used to be bullish ;-)

Hi smallville and nal78

The group results are about to release on Mon and Tue. We will not be able to see these stock at this price level.. CINV and GUAR will come out with most attractive results and portfolio. CARS and BUKI will reflect its operational and group performance. CARS and CINV this price level is very much attractive to buy.. Still it has a room to rise up.. As u mentioned GUAR and BUKI free float is very low, that is reason price get highly jumped.

I would say, we will be able to get max return if we hold these shares.................

Happy Trading..

24CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:59 pm

tubal

seyon wrote:[
The group results are about to release on Mon and Tue. We will not be able to see these stock at this price level..
Happy Trading..

Definitely you will not see these shares at the same price level after next week. It remains to be seen whether the direction is up or down.

25CARS CINV BUKI Empty Re: CARS CINV BUKI Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:06 pm

seyon

tubal wrote:
seyon wrote:[
The group results are about to release on Mon and Tue. We will not be able to see these stock at this price level..
Happy Trading..

Definitely you will not see these shares at the same price level after next week. It remains to be seen whether the direction is up or down.

Hi Tubal

You cant see the downward run from these stocks from next week. I was trying to tell that We will not be able to see these stock at this attractive price level..

Happy Trading

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum