FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » I'm starting in CSE tomorrow

I'm starting in CSE tomorrow

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 am

ashlee

Manager - Equity Analytics
You need to have a lot of knowlege and insider info to do trading and it carries a lot of risk.. You dont have to sit infront of the computer and wait if you invest rather than end up getting ur fingures burnt by doing trading. Good luck

22I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:53 am

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Good. It is the correct way to learn. Try to value a share before buying.

At the moment indicators are favorable in CSE. Due to fallen markets in the world we may see a temporary selling pressure. If the world markets start to fall sharply again it may reflect here also.

If you are near Colombo try to attend the following free seminar. Next is on 12th. Remember they end it at 8.40 p.m. at Hyde park Arpico , check your transportation. No buses in some routes.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/16/74/57/96/rpsec_10.jpg

23I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:58 am

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:Good. It is the correct way to learn. Try to value a share before buying.

At the moment indicators are favorable in CSE. Due to fallen markets in the world we may see a temporary selling pressure. If the world markets start to fall sharply again it may reflect here also.

If you are near Colombo try to attend the following free seminar. Next is on 12th. Remember they end it at 8.40 p.m. at Hyde park Arpico , check your transportation. No buses in some routes.

We are hoping to do a live telecast on our TV.

24I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:58 am

Quibit

@Chinwi wrote:Good. It is the correct way to learn. Try to value a share before buying.

We are hoping to do a live telecast on our TV.

25I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:15 am

sas

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Try this..!! Smile
I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Ee11

http://ebookee.org/go/?u=http://depositfiles.com/files/ogi0yfzuo
(PM me your email if link is not working, ill email the book to you)

26I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:32 am

windi5

windi5
How generous our members are. they are very helful and kind.im realy, very happy to be a member of a comunity like this.It feels like living in home with parents. these members expect nothing but give away there golden experience free of charge.thank you every one of you helping new comers and encouraging them. I love you

27I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:45 am

glad

Never allow an argument to crop up between your gf & u over a loss by your/ her decision.

28I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:15 am

nahor

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
This is the best time you could possibly enter the stock market, as the prices and the market itself is severely depressed. You could really pick up some value stocks and hold on to them. All the best.

29I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics
@nahor wrote:This is the best time you could possibly enter the stock market, as the prices and the market itself is severely depressed. You could really pick up some value stocks and hold on to them. All the best.

Good time to enter , market would recover on a solid stable foundation...

30I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:16 pm

zen

zen
Wow a lot of help. Thank you very much guys. I made a 5% profit by following the gran. I have some money stuck in sierra cable and lanka cement (my broker bought them when I opened the account. I took some time to get the software). They 're close to current market prices but I have a small loss. I put limit orders for both with small profits because we have a power cut tomorrow. If the market continues this chicken run, my losses will hopefully wash away.
Thank you very much for the support.

31I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:57 pm

JennyFunny

zen..you seem to be very confident..thats good..you need to be optimistic,having said that you should be careful when you try to make money in the market in short run.
Because that effectively means you are
going to be Trading not investing..both of which are quite different and require different skill sets.

Trading or active investing requires you to have technical knowledge and analysis skills..which you can only master through time..also you need to have an idea about the different tickers.so you done get pulled into rallies late..and then get slaughtered

Technical analysis and Fundamental analysis 95% of the time show completely different signs..

32I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:03 pm

JennyFunny

Therefore you need to choose which one you are going to use and to you research based on that.

Personally i think since you are new,you should stick to fundamentally strong stocks that yield you a good return in the medium to long term.This is more so important because in equity markets you can easily loose your principal capital as well..which good be harmful to both you and your girlfriend..

Anyways ill leave it to you to decide.
If you need any help that is why this forum is there so ask away..
but consider what i said..

Happy Trading

33I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Aamiable

I read about stocks... financials..... trends etc...

34I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 pm

maddu

maddu
@zen wrote:Me and my gf invested 8000 about two months ago and I studied all the basics through that.
Now I have a two months vacation in campus (law faculty) and I want to learn everything there is to learn about the stock market in these two months so that I can safely invest my earnings when I'm working.
I've got about 20000 that I don't mind wasting and directfn tws. I can sit down in front of the computer from 9.30 to 2.30. What advise do you have for me guys?
Also I'm a charted accountancy stategic level student. So I know the theory but I want to know how to analyze the financial statements for investment purposes in the stock market.
As at the begininig I'm hoping to follow the TWS suggested 'top pick' stocks. My plan is to get in and out of them in few hours or at most in the next day.
Any suggestions or help are greatly appreciated.

Sounds good my dear friend...
And warmly Welcome...

Here some good Posts...
Some are mine & some of others...

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t6053-download-investing-e-books

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t4843-a-nice-book-the-encyclopedia-of-technical-market-indicators

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t4180-technical-analysis-software

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t6542-indicator-systems-for-amibroker-1-the-foundation-by-southwind-v-1300-int-afl-code

35I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:10 pm

laki

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
ok

36I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:47 pm

pitbull

pitbull
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@sas wrote:Try this..!! Smile
I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Ee11

http://ebookee.org/go/?u=http://depositfiles.com/files/ogi0yfzuo
(PM me your email if link is not working, ill email the book to you)

Hi sas, cn u send it to me tooo. link ddint work, btw thanx in advance Smile

37I'm starting in CSE tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm starting in CSE tomorrow Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 pm

sas

sas
@ pitbull,
didn't got your email, anyway try link below... click free downloading & you'll see a "download file" link after 60 seconds
http://depositfiles.com/files/ogi0yfzuo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum