FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

What About SING

+4
Slstock
Rajitha
Fresher
kaka
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What About SING Empty What About SING Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:23 pm

kaka

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Pls comment Surprised

2What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Fresher

what do you want to know?

3What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:14 pm

kaka

Is it worth for 500/-

4What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

IT was worth at 1500 before XR!
I bought it at that price and I'm expecting to make a good profit as I have posted before!
Now I don't know and depends on the market conditions and peoples expectations!OFC if no manipulation what so ever,( Highly unlikely this is CSE after all) the price of Rs 500 for Sing might not be a great investment!
It all depends on the risk and return you like to take.

5What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Date of announcement: - 05-Feb- 2010
Proportion: - Three (03) ordinary shares for every One (01) ordinary share held
Issue Price: - Rs.55.00/-
Qty Offered: - 4,155,621
EGM & Provisional Allotment: - 11-Aug-2011
XR: - 12-Aug-2011
Dispatch of Provisional Letter of Allotment: - 18-Aug-2011
Trading Commences on:-24-Aug-2011
Renunciation: - 01-Sep-2011
Last Date of Acceptance & Payment: - 02-Sep-2011

This quarter EPS; - 0.08
Nav June 11 (before XR) : Rs 53.63

If you bought at Rs 1500 before XR...

After XR the price = 1500+55*3/4= RS 416.

Presuming a share is Rs 500 now ...
To break even, the Rights needs to trade over Rs 333.

Kaka, please see above. You can decided whether it is worth Rs 500 now or not. I cannot predict about manipulations but this is high gamble with might go anyway. Are you for it ?

Rajitha,
Can you explain why you say this share is worth.? Presume you meant it is worth for a gamble. I see you have bought it.

There are new comers here. for their reference, when one asks whether a share is worth, it usually based on fundamentals. So on fundamentals you can see on the stats above it is not worth. But for gambling.. I leave it to you.

6What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Fresher

This first caught my eye some months ago when it was trading at 200/- -300/- just 100 by 100

i bought at 300 and sold at 600
then only i looked into the reports and saw it had nothing in it but an injunction order.
it then moved to as higfh as 4000 and settled at 1500-2000
just for the gamble i too bought it at 1500 before the XR date and knowing the existence of dumb money i waited till it went up in XR date and dumped it at 732 Smile
now im awaiting the rights forms!

surely when the rights come we will see new threads here
"What are R share?, is it worth xxx? i bought R at xxx will it go up? ect ect.."

7What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

slstock wrote:

This quarter EPS; - 0.08

Kaka, please see above. You can decided whether it is worth Rs 500 now or not. I cannot predict about manipulations but this is high gamble with might go anyway. Are you for it ?

Rajitha,
Can you explain why you say this share is worth.? Presume you meant it is worth for a gamble. I see you have bought it.

There are new comers here. for their reference, when one asks whether a share is worth, it usually based on fundamentals. So on fundamentals you can see on the stats above it is not worth. But for gambling.. I leave it to you.

READ what I Wrote again! I have bought it and already sold it and I posted about that this will give above average returns in a tread before as well!

8What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:45 pm

dinusha.kiwulegedara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hay Guys ....

I already analyzed this share (Sing) I do recommended, its more gainful if you can catch right from the secondary market. Price of the Right Rs 55/= if you purchased right ,(Imaging Maximum price should be Rs 100/= ) with cost of Rs 155/= When its converted you can gain it double.

Because share price should be 1500+55*3/4= RS 416.

I have never seen this type right issue for a single share. This is rare situation.
Secret is right price is Rs 55/= Closing price per share is Rs 1500/- Proportion is - Three (03) ordinary shares for every One (01) ordinary share held.

Totally recommended Good to buy....!!!

Good luck

9What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:00 am

Slstock

Slstock

Rajitha wrote:
slstock wrote:

This quarter EPS; - 0.08

Rajitha,

READ what I Wrote again! I have bought it and already sold it and I posted about that this will give above average returns in a tread before as well!

Rajitha, READ what I asked. This is not a personal attack on You or your actions to buy and sell. It is Your choice. You said you bought it at RS 1500 before XR and it is worth. Now you say you sold . No problem it is your ploy. Thats not what I asked. On what ground you mentioned "worth" so the newcomer are clear. I see that you meant it is worth for a short term gamble (not based on fundamentals) as it could gain higher returns. I want to educate new comers to play safe with shares like this for short term . New comer what is your plan on this?

Just want to make it clear to New Comers :

Trading with high illiquids and their Rights which were pushed up to very high prices with no fundamentals can either give you high gain or high loss. Read NPP post where he says this share was trading at RS 200-300 before. Just be careful and play wisely with SING. Do your calculations wisely and exit at the right time. That why I presented the calculations before.

So with SING
1) If you bought at RS 1500 before XR
You will have to sell your 3 rights over RS 334 to make profit.

2) If you want to buy SING Rights from the secondary market (when they get listed) , be very careful not to pay high prices. SING share can get inflated or deflated at that time when Rights come. Ex : We seen so many people in this forum who bought WAPO Rights at prices RS 500-800 just because WAPO share was trading in the Rs1000 at that time. They would have lost Lakhs or millions now . WAPO share is trading at RS 180-190 right now.

So be careful as this gamble can make you money or make you go broke if you do not play your cards carefully.

10What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:17 am

Rajitha

Rajitha

slstock wrote:

Rajitha, READ what I asked. This is not a personal attack on You or your actions to buy and sell. It is Your choice. You said you bought it at RS 1500 before XR and it is worth. Now you say you sold . No problem it is your ploy. Thats not what I asked. On what ground you mentioned "worth" so the newcomer are clear. I see that you meant it is worth for a short term gamble (not based on fundamentals) as it could gain higher returns. I want to educate new comers to play safe with shares like this for short term . New comer what is your plan on this?

Just want to make it clear to New Comers :

Trading with high illiquids and their Rights which were pushed up to very high prices with no fundamentals can either give you high gain or high loss. Read NPP post where he says this share was trading at RS 200-300 before. Just be careful and play wisely with SING. Do your calculations wisely and exit at the right time. That why I presented the calculations before.

So with SING
1) If you bought at RS 1500 before XR
You will have to sell your 3 rights over RS 334 to make profit.

2) If you want to buy SING Rights from the secondary market (when they get listed) , be very careful not to pay high prices. SING share can get inflated or deflated at that time when Rights come. Ex : We seen so many people in this forum who bought WAPO Rights at prices RS 500-800 just because WAPO share was trading in the Rs1000 at that time. They would have lost Lakhs or millions now . WAPO share is trading at RS 180-190 right now.

So be careful as this gamble can make you money or make you go broke if you do not play your cards carefully. [/quote]

Man he was asking about buying around Rs 500 not selling at that price! So that is why I said it carry heavy risks but can pay off! the reason for this is most of these illiquids get pushed before there rights hit the market. Read what I typed again please!

Also I sold my lot at Rs 750 already! So all I need to do it sell Right over Rs 250 to gain a profit and the way its going as you can see with any decent market I will make a huge gain!

11What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:23 am

Fresher

I think Rajitha and I have done almost the same thing. Buying at 1500 and selling at 750 & 730 respectively. I did this as a total gamble and knowing the behavior of the market for things like these.

The rights issue of 3 for 1 @ 55 was pending even at the time when it was trading at less than 300/- At that time the XR price would have been much less.
I have no idea why it shot up. I actually expected the company to make use of the high price by revising the issue accordingly, but it didn't.

For me, SING is worth nothing. Even the purpose of the rights is to make selected investments.

12What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:30 am

udeni

udeni
Manager - Equity Analytics

I think it's best if new comers look into their Interim financial statements for the three months ended 30th June 2011.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/499_1312452562.pdf

13What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:05 am

maalinda

dinusha.kiwulegedara wrote:
Hay Guys ....

I already analyzed this share (Sing) I do recommended, its more gainful if you can catch right from the secondary market. Price of the Right Rs 55/= if you purchased right ,(Imaging Maximum price should be Rs 100/= ) with cost of Rs 155/= When its converted you can gain it double.

Because share price should be 1500+55*3/4= RS 416.

I have never seen this type right issue for a single share. This is rare situation.
Secret is right price is Rs 55/= Closing price per share is Rs 1500/- Proportion is - Three (03) ordinary shares for every One (01) ordinary share held.

Totally recommended Good to buy....!!!

Good luck

now it is trading @ 550.00. When rights came to market and converted to Normal share the amount of shares will multiple by 4 times and you think it will stay around this price ?? i highly doubt.

look at WAPO... what was the XR price and what is the price now ??

NPP you ve played a smart game though a it is risky play.

14What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 am

dinusha.kiwulegedara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dear Malinda,

Your totally get wrong. Apply my calculation to sing share ... This is for short term gain not for the long term. Market short term pricing is more differentiated than long term pricing. Lot of factors are effected to change of the price in long term. But short term it would not effected more factors.

You mean Wapo. Now Wapo is positioned in right place now but at that time (I mean right Trading Time ) it was going up exceeding Rs 1000/=

You must understood analytical & theoretical aspects of the Stock Market. Learn More about right issue. you can enjoy with high gain other than share trading.

Good luck

15What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:09 am

Slstock

Slstock

slstock wrote:

This quarter EPS; - 0.08

Guys, who bought and planning to buy SING. Becareful with the rights as I mentioned before.

Remember a Right to buy a share is Rs 55 . A share is now trading at Rs 320.

Play safe.

16What About SING Empty Re: What About SING Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:07 am

rm

rm
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I hope SING is a not worth share. it is too much over valued.

correct me if i'm wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum