FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watch out ALLI, June result out !

+7
san1985
gann
smallville
mono
econ
Rajitha
Slstock
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/341_1313491812786.pdf

Eps astounding : Rs 50.58
Nav : Rs 631

Trailing EPS : Rs 109

Still capitalization of reserve pending at proportion of one (1) new share for every two (2) shares held

If there is a proper run this share can hit Rs 1500-2000 easily now. This is not a buy recommendation but an observation based on results and possible momentum of an illquid share. So keep an eye out.

2Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

OMG at the results! Even I didn't expect anything near Rs 50 EPS for this quarter! They normally add their share portfolio sales for end of march quarter so the EPS for other 3 quarters are considerably lower! But this quarter they have earned huge profits from their core business way above the expectations! MAkes me happy that I did not sell this and just wish would have collected 100 more shares!

3Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Rajitha wrote:OMG at the results! Even I didn't expect anything near Rs 50 EPS for this quarter! They normally add their share portfolio sales for end of march quarter so the EPS for other 3 quarters are considerably lower! But this quarter they have earned huge profits from their core business way above the expectations! MAkes me happy that I did not sell this and just wish would have collected 100 more shares!

Yes, am also still holding on to my shares I bought many months ago. Possible good time ahead. Seems like not a bad share to even hold for long term looking at current NAV with current market prices.

4Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

slstock wrote:
Rajitha wrote:OMG at the results! Even I didn't expect anything near Rs 50 EPS for this quarter! They normally add their share portfolio sales for end of march quarter so the EPS for other 3 quarters are considerably lower! But this quarter they have earned huge profits from their core business way above the expectations! MAkes me happy that I did not sell this and just wish would have collected 100 more shares!

Yes, am also still holding on to my shares I bought many months ago. Possible good time ahead. Seems like not a bad share to even hold for long term looking at current NAV with current market prices.

Yes really tempting me to buy some more shares if possible tomorrow morning! Was hoping to sell off most of my portfolio and already did about 20% ! I don't know around what price to sell as well considering the bonus issue of shares! Considering this great results we might be able to expect almost Rs 200 EPS considering their amazing end year profits! So I'm just wondering if it is even wise to sell around Rs 1400 as after the bonus issue of 1 for 2 shares held we might easily be able to earn a fortune as well!

5Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:09 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

it is too iliquid share. I had hard time selling it.

6Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 pm

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

econ wrote:it is too iliquid share. I had hard time selling it.

had a hard time buying it. But my patience should pay off

7Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:41 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Did a small workout for ALLI,

We see increased values for Establishment Expenses, Other Operational Expenses, Loan Losses & Provisions compared with 2010 same qtr 2010.
Should these be a little less I think the EPS would have touched 60+.

Their Year End 31 March EPS was 63.93 and that was with twise the net opertating income & other incomes figures for that last qtr compared to 30 June qtr results which brought a Net Income of 364.42 Mn.

There are figures in Dealing Securities & Investment Securities in balance sheet, are these revaluations of share deals or investments?

However PBV of 1.58 is to me undervalued looking at the ratios finance companies trade - it should be at least 2X the PBV..

Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Alli_310

8Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:09 pm

gann

gann
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Yep, got a nice dividend check just last week. did I mention that Alli is my neighbour, helps get first hand financial status of the company Smile

9Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:07 am

san1985

san1985

Was able to collect couple of hundred last few days...
From y'day two trades i was able to collect 100 at the lower price...
Yeah, now looking forward for the big bull..... Very Happy

10Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:24 am

maalinda

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

One of the most undervalued shares in the current market. Even i was watching this for long time did not expect 50+ EPS this Q. impressive.

11Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Slstock

Slstock

slstock wrote:http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/341_1313491812786.pdf

Eps astounding : Rs 50.58
Nav : Rs 631

Trailing EPS : Rs 109

Still capitalization of reserve pending at proportion of one (1) new share for every two (2) shares held

If there is a proper run this share can hit Rs 1500-2000 easily now. This is not a buy recommendation but an observation based on results and possible momentum of an illquid share. So keep an eye out.

I bought 100 shares in the morning but decided not to sell when ALLI moved to today high of Rs 1400 before retrieving to Rs 1250 following negative market trend. We still did not see big player interest with very large orders. There was some collection in orders of 500-600. Total traded today was 8700 shares.

The exact date of the Cap of reserves ( bonus of 1 for 2 shares) is not announced yet. With the news , and a possible( if it happens ) big player entry this share can possibly pass previous highs ( Rs 1600). If it does not pass Rs 1600 atleast am also contemplating to keep this after bonus , as Nav of over 400+ ( see Smallvilles calculation) after bonus for share is attractive if trading under 2.0-2.5 PBV.

12Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Slstock

Slstock

smallville wrote:Did a small workout for ALLI,

We see increased values for Establishment Expenses, Other Operational Expenses, Loan Losses & Provisions compared with 2010 same qtr 2010.
Should these be a little less I think the EPS would have touched 60+.

Their Year End 31 March EPS was 63.93 and that was with twise the net opertating income & other incomes figures for that last qtr compared to 30 June qtr results which brought a Net Income of 364.42 Mn.

There are figures in Dealing Securities & Investment Securities in balance sheet, are these revaluations of share deals or investments?

However PBV of 1.58 is to me undervalued looking at the ratios finance companies trade - it should be at least 2X the PBV..

Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Alli_310

Small,

Regarding Nav after Bonus share issue:

Present Share holder funds : 1,023,698,595
Capitalization of reserves : rs 8,100,000

After Bonus num of shares : 162000+810000= 2430000

Can you check whether the new NAV is Rs 424. 68 or rs 431 as per you calculations already?

13Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:58 pm

cse.alpha

slstock wrote:
Small,

Can you check whether the new NAV is Rs 424. 68 or rs 431 as per you calculations already?

I don’t think the capitalization of reserves will affect the shareholder funds – it is just a book entry.

So using 30th June 2011 shareholder funds of Rs1,024 mn, the post capitalization book value per share of ALLI should be Rs 421.27.

But the highlight of the ALLI results has to be the very strong operating performance of the leasing business. This should hopefully compensate for any weakness in stock market investment returns this year.

14Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Slstock

Slstock

cse.alpha wrote:
slstock wrote:
Small,

I don’t think the capitalization of reserves will affect the shareholder funds – it is just a book entry.

So using 30th June 2011 shareholder funds of Rs1,024 mn, the post capitalization book value per share of ALLI should be Rs 421.27.

But the highlight of the ALLI results has to be the very strong operating performance of the leasing business. This should hopefully compensate for any weakness in stock market investment returns this year.

I believe you are correct. Funds will be "moved" from Capital Reserve to Stated Capital so the share holder fund will not get effected externally.

15Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:37 pm

smallville

smallville

cse.alpha wrote:
slstock wrote:
Small,

With the capitalisation, shares get increased by another 810000 @ Rs. 10/- so it brings the new capital value amounting to Rs. 24300000/- of the company.
When I checked the financial reports, shareholders' funds consists of following;
- Stated Capital
- Statutory Reserve Fund
- Capital Reserves
- General Reserves

Therefore, I've added the new stated capital to the shareholder's fund and that's why the NAV is at 431.28.

So isn't any increase in no of shares @10/- due to release of new shares (capitalization) not gonna make the stated capital increased?
Sorry, I'm a bit confused on that. Pls enlighten..

16Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:57 am

Slstock

Slstock

smallville wrote:
cse.alpha wrote:
slstock wrote:
Small,

With the capitalisation, shares get increased by another 810000 @ Rs. 10/- so it brings the new capital value amounting to Rs. 24300000/- of the company.
When I checked the financial reports, shareholders' funds consists of following;
- Stated Capital
- Statutory Reserve Fund
- Capital Reserves
- General Reserves

Therefore, I've added the new stated capital to the shareholder's fund and that's why the NAV is at 431.28.

So isn't any increase in no of shares @10/- due to release of new shares (capitalization) not gonna make the stated capital increased?
Sorry, I'm a bit confused on that. Pls enlighten..

Small , I think in a capitalization of reserves , they capitalize funds from some reserve. So in this case it would be their Capital Reserve. Yes the Stated Capital should go up ( Rs 8100000) but the funds will come from Capital reserve from my understanding. So all in all the share holder fund will remain put. Anyway this is what I understood.

17Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 am

Backstage

Backstage

Consistent outstanding performance. So why is it still stagnating ?

18Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:09 pm

The Alchemist

@ Backstage

SIMPLY THE BEST - TINA TURNER
You're simply the best, better than all the rest / Better than anyone, anyone I've ever met / I'm stuck on your heart, I hang ...

I love this song ! :-)

19Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Slstock

Slstock

All I can say is read again first part of the title of this post.

20Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Backstage

Backstage

The Alchemist wrote:@ Backstage

SIMPLY THE BEST - TINA TURNER
You're simply the best, better than all the rest / Bette.r than anyone, anyone I've ever met / I'm stuck on your heart, I hang ...

I love this song ! :-)

Hey Alchemist, are you a singing analyst ? like that singing chef on tv. Have you ever seen the rain.......... Financials, vocals and chemistry wow.

Back to ALLI, so this is like whats under the paddy fields of Rathnapura. Still hidden under all the dirt. Those who know seems reluctant to talk about it. Apologies if I am spoiling your collection Smile

21Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Empty Re: Watch out ALLI, June result out ! Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:27 pm

The Alchemist

Backstage wrote: Consistent outstanding performance. So why is it still stagnating ?

Warren Buffet put it this way. If you like to eat hamburgers, how would you like beef prices to be. up or down ?
Only thing, hope we don't find horsemeat in the burgers Smile Otherwise Gangnam all the way !

Last edited by The Alchemist on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a line)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum