Except one comment (Susa74 ) , it seems all others ridicule the idea of day trading.
I noticed one difference, they all are highly reputed. Since I am in a different category (as yourself,susa74 ) ,and have a different opinion, I thought to express my view .
If you are involved in the stock market to make money (by selling shares at a higher price than the purchase price )
, only for that purpose .... don't miss day-trading .Go for..... IT.
Now look at the following figures, in the recent past.( price change from lowest to highest during consecutive no. of market days)
LHCL - 173 % - in 8 market days ( from 39.70 in 08/08 to 108.30 in 17/08 )
CLND - 110% - in 9 market days ( from 34.80 in 08/08 to 23.40 on 19/08)
PCH - 40% - in 8 market days ( from 16.60in 10/08 to 23.40 in 19/080
HVA - 148% - in 2 market days (from 15.60 in 17/08 to 38.70 in 18/08 )
So , you see the opportunity .... (, compared to holding JKH, COMB, ....for more than one year to earn 20% ++)
Of course, in order to engage in day trading, you need certain experience and skills....
1. to assess market sentiments,
2. to identify the type of stocks
3. form a judgment on purchase /selling prices
4. decide on timing to enter /exist.
5. to calculate and mitigate the risk.
coming back to your question of ...what are the stocks .....?
This varies from time to time.
In the past for some period ...it was GREG and warrents, CLPL , DPL .
Then came GRAN, BFL , TAFL....
Last two weeks , it was LHCL, CLND, HVA. ..
Identifying the stocks ,in a particular time is easy.
1. Get the EOD data to a excel sheet every day and sort according to price gain / turnover .
2. closely watch on stocks which are at the top of above two sorts. Specially those having extraordinary price gains and volume increases.
3. Price, volume charts are essential. you have to a visual image of price / volume increases. people are talking about RHTL today, but if you look at the chart you will observe volumes have been increasing for last few days.
4. if you are familiar with technical indicators filter with RSI>70 , which is also helpful in identifying stocks. (OBV, MFI, MTM indicators are helpful in following volumes, price changes)
Remeber , you need certain skills ....mentioned above. Yes.... to acquire those you have to get involved .
Good Luck !!!!. ( but don't depend on your Luck )