FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Equity Win Today at 2:17 pm

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gold Investment

+11
Kumar
CubedSol
yoyo
investor.sl
manula
PGNN
Chamara.i
salinda88
Namalaka
udeni
essares
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gold Investment Empty Gold Investment Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:50 pm

essares

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Seylan Bank gave the opportunity to invest and trade in gold. But now they are in the process of closing all the accounts.

2Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:46 pm

udeni

udeni
Manager - Equity Analytics

You can buy gold coins from the Gold Shop of Bank of Ceylon, Head Office Colombo 1, if you have an account with them.

http://www.boc.lk/bochome/personal/gold.jsp

3Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Namalaka

Namalaka

essares wrote:Seylan Bank gave the opportunity to invest and trade in gold. But now they are in the process of closing all the accounts.
Wonder how many would deal with Seylan Bank on this due to their recent issues.. Question

4Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:26 pm

salinda88

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

what can be the price of a gold coin????? I would say price rang?????

5Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:33 am

udeni

udeni

salinda88 wrote:what can be the price of a gold coin????? I would say price rang?????
The price fluctuates daily. Last Friday a 3.11g coin was around Rs.25,400/- and 7.77g coin was
Rs. 60,000/- odd but a question of safe keeping will arise.

6Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:57 pm

salinda88

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

thank you Udeni.......

7Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Chamara.i

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

How can we know the daily price of gold coin in Sri Lanka???

8Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:01 pm

PGNN

udeni wrote:
salinda88 wrote:what can be the price of a gold coin????? I would say price rang?????
The price fluctuates daily. Last Friday a 3.11g coin was around Rs.25,400/- and 7.77g coin was

How can I get this info?

9Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:19 pm

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

PGNN wrote:
udeni wrote:

How can I get this info?

Ask from girl. they must be better knowing about gold price... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

10Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:34 pm

PGNN

manula wrote:
PGNN wrote:
udeni wrote:

How can I get this info?

Ask from girl. they must be better knowing about gold price... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

manula: OK

In this society the most valuable thing I guess is the "Information" and it's "Source", That's Y ask the question. So that the every one in the forum will be able to "LEARN" something.
Hope u do all investments after asking from your girl!
GOD BLESS YOU!!!. wounder is why you in this forum !!!

11Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:01 pm

investor.sl

investor.sl
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

PGNN wrote:
udeni wrote:

How can I get this info?

me too have that question. do we have to call them everyday? anybody knows any Sri lankan website??

12Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:09 pm

manula

PGNN wrote:
manula wrote:
PGNN wrote:
udeni wrote:

How can I get this info?

In this society the most valuable thing I guess is the "Information" and it's "Source", That's Y ask the question. So that the every one in the forum will be able to "LEARN" something.

my friend ...dont get serioues.. it is a small joke in this lazy market. because normally this all girls are following the gold prices every day. ..

13Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:41 pm

PGNN

manula wrote:
PGNN wrote:
manula wrote:
PGNN wrote:
udeni wrote:

How can I get this info?

my friend ...dont get serioues.. it is a small joke in this lazy market. because normally this all girls are following the gold prices every day. ..

OK COOL Smile

To my understanding 01 sovereign = 8grams , and coins are usually;
01 Sovereign ( 8g)
1/2 Sovereign (4g) and so on

But I DON'T KNOW whether 3.11g and 7.77g coins are there?

Better if we can get some more info with this regard as GOLD and SILVER would be good investment tools!!!

14Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:16 pm

yoyo

yoyo

http://www.boc.lk/bochome/personal/gold.jsp

15Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:32 pm

manula

PGNN wrote:
manula wrote:
PGNN wrote:
manula wrote:
PGNN wrote:
udeni wrote:

How can I get this info?

OK COOL Smile

01 Sovereign ( 8g)

Better if we can get some more info with this regard as GOLD and SILVER would be good investment tools!!!

yes you are correct. 01 souverieign is 8g and there are gold biscuts also in different range. Many pepole are like to buy gold biscut becasue resell is eay due the buyer can make what ever he likes. Recently gold price went up but now the price of gold also droped. Due i am working in Middle east, we have good guality pure gold. One month back 1g was 226QR (226x30SLR) and now it is 186(186x30SLR), Hope next mont h price will be little increase due EID festival Very Happy

16Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:08 pm

CubedSol

CubedSol

PGNN wrote:
manula wrote:
PGNN wrote:
manula wrote:
PGNN wrote:
udeni wrote:

How can I get this info?

OK COOL Smile

01 Sovereign ( 8g)

Okayyy....

Guys lemme put it like this :

BOC had the below products in stock as at 19 / 11 / 2011

Canadian Maple Leaf GOLD Coins : 3.11g & 7.77g
Credit Suisse ( Swiss ) Gold Bars 100g

And all these are 999.0 pure gold equal to 24k gold (Or pure than 24k)

And as at last 19th the 7.77g Maple Leaf costs exactly 55850/-

And their advice was NOT to buy the coins to make jewellery , BUY only if its for investment . Since we are already paying a premium over the spot gold price...

ps- These come in a simple sealed poly pack . (Not the hifi retail pack we see on the net... So my guess is that BOC buys in bulk. Razz )

17Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:10 pm

CubedSol

CubedSol

Standard of Measurement

Gold marked 22K or 24K is measured using the carat (karat) measure of gold purity, while .999 gold is measured using the millesimal fineness system. The carat measure is actually represented by a formula that equals the ratio of the mass of pure gold in the object to the mass of the whole object. Then that ratio is multiplied by 24. The millesimal fineness system is different in that it reports purity as a decimal in ppt (parts per thousand).
Gold Purity

Gold designated 24K is the purest gold commonly available. It indicates that an object contains 99 percent pure gold. All other carat measurements are essentially determined in comparison to the purity of 24K gold. For instance, 22K gold indicates 92.5 percent pure gold (because 22/24 has a decimal equivalence of .925) and .999 gold is considered by many experts to be equal to 24K gold, if not purer.
Uses

Each of these three gold measurements can be found in jewelry and gold bullion, but there are still other differences among the three in terms of how they are used. Because 24K, 22K and .999 gold contain such high quantities of pure gold, they are too soft to be used in jewelry. They are often combined with other metals to create an alloy for jewelry making. Generally, the purer the gold, the lower the amount of other metals found in the alloy. So only 24K and .999 gold jewelry can legally be called "pure gold." Also, 24K and .999 gold are seen more often in gold bullion (bars, coins and ingots) than 22K gold. which does not meet the purity standards for the finest bullion.
Other Information

Certain gold measurements are standards in some countries and not in others; 22K gold is the standard and most commonly seen purity measurement in India and other central Asian countries. In China and some other southeast Asian countries, 24K gold is the standard.

Read more: What Are the Differences Among 24K, 22K & .999 Gold? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8099277_differences-24k-22k-999-gold.html#ixzz1f5NdwBLc

18Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:24 pm

CubedSol

CubedSol

Gold Purity
How do you test for gold purity? How do you know the gold you have is actually pure gold?

24 Karat gold is the purest gold you can get in gold bullion, coins, bars or gold jewelry.

Coins should originate from a Mint. Smaller items such as rings and other gold jewelry should have an assay mark, or hallmark to show the purity of the gold.

Bars and ingots should originate from a foundry. Since 1994 all SMALL bars coming out of modern foundries are100% pure and at the exact weight they are prescribed to be at, due to various recent advancements in production and accurate weighing. New bars, especially ones that are polished and are 1kg or less, and are considered jewelry quality, are weighed and formed while the gold is in a semi-liquid state. Gold at a certain temperature, will flow down a special ramp at a prescribed speed and can then be cut into exact sizes and weights.

Bars that were made before mid 1994, however, or are above 1 kilo weight (above 5 kilos after 1997) or are graded pure raw gold are almost never 100% pure gold nor are they the exact weight.

Hence the Asian foundries always tend to make their bars slightly heavier, adding up to one gram after the traditional weighing, to make up for any discrepancy in purity. This means that a kilo bar of 999.9 percent will have more than 1000grams of 100 percent pure gold in it..

But as a result of the .999 purity standard adopted in the 80s, to replace the 24 ct norm, non-Asian bars had to be made to meet the stencil marks as closely at possible. Prior to that, and even continued by smaller foundries until the early 90s, in Asia a kilo bar always weighed more and was stenciled as 24ct pure.
The carat (abbrev ct or K) is a measure of the purity of gold. In the US and Canada the spelling karat has been adopted solely for the measure of purity and carat referring to the mass weight. These are two different things. As a measure of weight,

1 carat is one 24th purity by weight. 10 carats are ten 24ths. 24 carat gold is pure gold or 999.999% gold with some possible impurities. 18-carat gold is 75% gold, 12-carat gold is 50% gold, and so forth. There is actually no such thing as absolute pure gold. In the refining process it is possible and even likely that a tiny amount of copper will be alloyed as part of the refining process.

However, moves are being made to change the current karat system to the millesimal fineness system by which the purity of precious metals is noted more accurately by parts per thousand of pure metal in the alloy. The most common carats used for gold in bullion, jewellery making and by goldsmiths, for example, are:

24 karat (millesimal fineness 999)
22 karat (millesimal fineness 916)
20 karat (millesimal fineness 833)
18 karat (millesimal fineness 750)
15 karat (millesimal fineness 625)
14 karat (millesimal fineness 585)
10 karat (millesimal fineness 417)
9 karat (millesimal fineness 375)

But this system of calculation gives only the weight of pure gold contained in an alloy.
18-karat gold means that the alloy's weight consists of 75% of gold and 25% of alloy(s). The quantity of gold by volume in a less than 24-karat gold alloy will be different according to the alloys used. We know that standard 10 karat yellow gold that standard 18-karat yellow gold consists of 75% gold, 12.5% silver and the remaining 12.5% of copper by weight. The volume of gold in this alloy will be 60 percent. As gold is more dense than the silver or copper.

But for most people it is a matter of, how much gold is in the ring or gold jewelry or even gold bar. And how do you know that the figure given to you is correct?

In addition the various colors of gold also have different mixes of other metals.

Yellow Gold
50% silver and 50% copper

White Gold
Nickel, zinc, copper, tin and manganese

Pink (rose) Gold
90% copper and 10% silver

Green Gold
High proportion of silver or cadmium

Blue Gold
Some iron

Grey Gold
15-20% iron

You can test the purity of gold yourself with the right test equipment. Mostly this consists of acids which you can purchase for that purpose although electronic testing is now becoming popular and electronic testers can be found with a little investigation and research and purchased. The cost of the test equipment means that you would want to test a lot of gold to warrant the cost of the equipment and along with the other factors such as safety measures, time involved etc, you would likely be better off just getting an independent jeweler or laboratory or even a Mint to test the gold for you.

Bear in mind however that any testing of gold with chemicals will mean a loss of some small amount of gold. For a kilo or more gold bar this may not amount to much but for a ring, it could be significant.

Many a person has been surprised to find that their bar, coin or ring has somewhat less gold than they were given to understand. By the same token it is quite possible to buy a ring and find it has a lot more gold than originally thought.

Gold purity is an important factor when it comes to owning gold!

19Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:32 pm

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

CubedSol wrote:Gold Purity
How do you test for gold purity? How do you know the gold you have is actually pure gold?

24 Karat gold is the purest gold you can get in gold bullion, coins, bars or gold jewelry.

Coins should originate from a Mint. Smaller items such as rings and other gold jewelry should have an assay mark, or hallmark to show the purity of the gold.

Bars and ingots should originate from a foundry. Since 1994 all SMALL bars coming out of modern foundries are100% pure and at the exact weight they are prescribed to be at, due to various recent advancements in production and accurate weighing. New bars, especially ones that are polished and are 1kg or less, and are considered jewelry quality, are weighed and formed while the gold is in a semi-liquid state. Gold at a certain temperature, will flow down a special ramp at a prescribed speed and can then be cut into exact sizes and weights.

Bars that were made before mid 1994, however, or are above 1 kilo weight (above 5 kilos after 1997) or are graded pure raw gold are almost never 100% pure gold nor are they the exact weight.

Hence the Asian foundries always tend to make their bars slightly heavier, adding up to one gram after the traditional weighing, to make up for any discrepancy in purity. This means that a kilo bar of 999.9 percent will have more than 1000grams of 100 percent pure gold in it..

But as a result of the .999 purity standard adopted in the 80s, to replace the 24 ct norm, non-Asian bars had to be made to meet the stencil marks as closely at possible. Prior to that, and even continued by smaller foundries until the early 90s, in Asia a kilo bar always weighed more and was stenciled as 24ct pure.
The carat (abbrev ct or K) is a measure of the purity of gold. In the US and Canada the spelling karat has been adopted solely for the measure of purity and carat referring to the mass weight. These are two different things. As a measure of weight,

1 carat is one 24th purity by weight. 10 carats are ten 24ths. 24 carat gold is pure gold or 999.999% gold with some possible impurities. 18-carat gold is 75% gold, 12-carat gold is 50% gold, and so forth. There is actually no such thing as absolute pure gold. In the refining process it is possible and even likely that a tiny amount of copper will be alloyed as part of the refining process.

However, moves are being made to change the current karat system to the millesimal fineness system by which the purity of precious metals is noted more accurately by parts per thousand of pure metal in the alloy. The most common carats used for gold in bullion, jewellery making and by goldsmiths, for example, are:

24 karat (millesimal fineness 999)
22 karat (millesimal fineness 916)
20 karat (millesimal fineness 833)
18 karat (millesimal fineness 750)
15 karat (millesimal fineness 625)
14 karat (millesimal fineness 585)
10 karat (millesimal fineness 417)
9 karat (millesimal fineness 375)

But this system of calculation gives only the weight of pure gold contained in an alloy.
18-karat gold means that the alloy's weight consists of 75% of gold and 25% of alloy(s). The quantity of gold by volume in a less than 24-karat gold alloy will be different according to the alloys used. We know that standard 10 karat yellow gold that standard 18-karat yellow gold consists of 75% gold, 12.5% silver and the remaining 12.5% of copper by weight. The volume of gold in this alloy will be 60 percent. As gold is more dense than the silver or copper.

But for most people it is a matter of, how much gold is in the ring or gold jewelry or even gold bar. And how do you know that the figure given to you is correct?

In addition the various colors of gold also have different mixes of other metals.

Yellow Gold
50% silver and 50% copper

White Gold
Nickel, zinc, copper, tin and manganese

Pink (rose) Gold
90% copper and 10% silver

Green Gold
High proportion of silver or cadmium

Blue Gold
Some iron

Grey Gold
15-20% iron

You can test the purity of gold yourself with the right test equipment. Mostly this consists of acids which you can purchase for that purpose although electronic testing is now becoming popular and electronic testers can be found with a little investigation and research and purchased. The cost of the test equipment means that you would want to test a lot of gold to warrant the cost of the equipment and along with the other factors such as safety measures, time involved etc, you would likely be better off just getting an independent jeweler or laboratory or even a Mint to test the gold for you.

Bear in mind however that any testing of gold with chemicals will mean a loss of some small amount of gold. For a kilo or more gold bar this may not amount to much but for a ring, it could be significant.

Many a person has been surprised to find that their bar, coin or ring has somewhat less gold than they were given to understand. By the same token it is quite possible to buy a ring and find it has a lot more gold than originally thought.

Gold purity is an important factor when it comes to owning gold!

Thanks a lot for the info.

20Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:49 pm

CubedSol

CubedSol

Some essential conversion tools for GOLD unit conversion :

Conversion of the metal wight
http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/substances/gold.php

Conversion of metal weight & rough value calculation using mid-market rates
http://www.dendritics.com/scales/metal-calc.asp

ps -

a) Mid-market rate Definition :

Price of a security/commodity in-between its offer and bid price, used in computing investment performance statistics. Most newspapers use mid-market prices in the stock (share) data tables.

b) The monetary values shown above might/will differ depending on the exchange rate to the USD & the SL Gold market...

21Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:52 pm

CubedSol

CubedSol

Interesting articles :

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?nid=665940646

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?nid=892064963

22Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:46 pm

CubedSol

CubedSol

Biggest Maple Leaf coin :

23Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

http://www.goldprice.org/spot-gold.html

you can get graphs, price movements , history etc.

24Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:14 pm

CubedSol

CubedSol

Try this as well :

http://www.kitco.com/kitco-gold-index.html

Up to date gold price ( A lil bit differs ) for US :

http://www.goldpricecalc.com/en/gold-price-in-united_states.htm

Up to date gold price ( A lil bit differs ) for SRI LANKA : (This I have to check and reconfirm...)

http://www.goldpricecalc.com/en/gold-price-in-sri_lanka.htm

Up to date gold price ( A lil bit differs ) for UAE :

http://www.goldpricecalc.com/en/gold-price-in-united_arab_emirates.htm

25Gold Investment Empty Re: Gold Investment Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:28 pm

ha_na

Looks like all are confused with gold. Buying physical gold metal is different strategy. Normally the gold market formed not around the metal but with a combining currency. Eg.USD, GBP, EUR, AUD etc. If gold combine with USD it is called spot gold.
You can trade this like stock but technically it’s quite different. While writing this I’m short on gold vs GBP(XAUGBP) with marginal profit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum