FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC (AMF.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by SAGA Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by EPS Yesterday at 9:11 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today - 22/06/2021
by SAGA Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» TOP 20 LISTED COMPANIES BY FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:37 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions update
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 8:30 pm

» RWSL for short term profits
by madukp Yesterday at 5:17 pm

» YORK has a potential to go double ...
by Vasyan Yesterday at 5:07 pm

» United motors limited UML
by smnsam Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» dividend counters
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 12:43 pm

» HAYCARB PLC (HAYC.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:33 am

» World-famous angel investor Conny enters Sri Lanka
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:00 am

» SINHAPUTHRA FINANCE PLC (SFL.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 9:47 am

» ADAM CAPITAL PLC (PCHH.N0000)
by GayanKK Yesterday at 9:46 am

» New Commodity bubble. How will it impact the CSE?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:53 am

» MELSTACORP PLC (MELS.N0000)
by engineer Yesterday at 7:29 am

» R I L PROPERTY PLC (RIL.N0000)
by SAGA Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:57 pm

» Dividend - July/August
by High-flyer Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:41 pm

» SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL PLC (SCAP.N0000)
by madukp Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » වංශකථාව » My shares force sold by Capital Trust.

My shares force sold by Capital Trust.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:50 pm

kelumhewage

Manager - Equity Analytics
SOLD FORCELY GREGW6.. 6000..BUY..59..SEL..30.LOST 300K...VERY SAD..CAPITAL TRUST..

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Oh god:shock: , But you had to stop it. I tell always "DON'T GET HUGE LOSSES!"

what do you meant by F***? Smile

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Did you buy on credits?

aasdias

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Did they inform you before doing that? I also have around 100K credit, Don't know will they do it for me also?

swan03

Guys, if you buy on credits, Its your fault right? And they give 5 days to clear the amount. If unable to clear, they sell your shares. Thats the rule. Its no point scolding to Capital Trust.

aasdias

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@swan03 wrote:Guys, if you buy on credits, Its your fault right? And they give 5 days to clear the amount. If unable to clear, they sell your shares. Thats the rule. Its no point scolding to Capital Trust.

They have given us credit facility all this time, i did not have any problem so far. My worry is what happened to them suddenly

swan03

@aasdias wrote:
@swan03 wrote:Guys, if you buy on credits, Its your fault right? And they give 5 days to clear the amount. If unable to clear, they sell your shares. Thats the rule. Its no point scolding to Capital Trust.

They have given us credit facility all this time, i did not have any problem so far. My worry is what happened to them suddenly

It means you could have kept your shares which buy on credits more than 5 days?

aasdias

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@swan03 wrote:
@aasdias wrote:

All this time yes

swan03

@aasdias wrote:
@swan03 wrote:
@aasdias wrote:

All this time yes

God affraid I must ask on that facility from my adviser. Its pretty cool.

10My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:08 pm

aasdias

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@aasdias wrote:
@swan03 wrote:
@aasdias wrote:

All this time yes

They charge interest on credit balance. It's like personal loan

11My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:16 pm

swan03

@aasdias wrote:
@aasdias wrote:
@swan03 wrote:
@aasdias wrote:

All this time yes

Yes they give loans. And you have to pay 24/% interest for a year. But Im talking about T5 day rule. No idea whether our friend talking about T5 day rule or the loan.

12My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@swan03 wrote:
@aasdias wrote:
@aasdias wrote:
@swan03 wrote:
@aasdias wrote:

All this time yes

Yes they give loans. And you have to pay 24/% interest for a year. But Im talking about T5 day rule. No idea whether our friend talking about T5 day rule or the loan.

Just for the clarification if they give at 24% per year another 2.24% will go for transaction cost, what is return an investor can get?

13My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Fresher

1) Irritating netiquette
2) i cant calculate a loss u have mentioned with the figures
3) how long have they let you hold these for?

14My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:28 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@kelumhewage wrote: No

Normally CT don't do force selling as per my knowledge specially after that T+5 thing is removed. I'm on credit for couple of weeks so far( Embarassed not a good thing) they didn't sell yet.

I think better to contact them and ask why they did so.

Sorry about your loss Crying or Very sad

15My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:39 pm

maddu

maddu
@2011_NewComer wrote:
@kelumhewage wrote: No

Normally CT don't do force selling as per my knowledge specially after that T+5 thing is removed. I'm on credit for couple of weeks so far( Embarassed not a good thing) they didn't sell yet.

I think better to contact them and ask why they did so.

Sorry about your loss Crying or Very sad

Yes Yes. Capital Trust don't do forced selling as per my knowledge also. specially after that T+5 thing is removed. It's better to contact your broker and ask about it & clarify. bounce bounce bounce

Happy trading all...!!

16My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Aamiable

Next week onwards force selling may not be seen … they had to send a report at the end of the month. ………..Probably that was the reason for selling. …………Market might grow steady upwards from now onwards. ……Anyway, speculative stocks are risky, still there is some credit to clear on those stocks….. Safer option is to go by financial reports. Even if they force sell such a big loss is unlikely.....

17My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:54 pm

kelumhewage

yes i was on credit but they should have done a less lose with a different share like i hold taj,wata.tafl whis is 20% loss....why they did with a 50% ....!
1.didn't inform

sorry to put *** guys it was just the anger....

thanks 4 the all comments....

18My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:10 pm

deen

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@kelumhewage wrote:yes i was on credit but they should have done a less lose with a different share like i hold taj,wata.tafl whis is 20% loss....why they did with a 50% ....!
1.didn't inform

sorry to put *** guys it was just the anger....

thanks 4 the all comments....
Dont worry my dear friend.Any thing can happen in cse. sold your greg @30 is no problem , you can again collect this share below @27. keeping your other shares and selling greg is good optione your broker chose . What sad thing happen to u take it as good sign with out making big issue. cherry

19My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:46 pm

kelumhewage

thanks for ur time and the comment deen... Cool

20My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:03 am

Fresher

omg so 20% is the smallest loss making share u got.
haven't you been monitoring :O

surely the anger is not only cos of this but because of frustration of the overall portfolio.

its kinda ok showing that anger in the internet, but please not in real life Smile

21My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:19 am

bePositive

bePositive
I used to buy on credit, my broker has been very patient, but once due to lengthy delay in settling they did sell some of my shares.and I complained to the CEO, who was a classmate of mine. since then I do not buy on credit and my agent has been very polite and accommodating.

http://www.viabletraffic.com

22My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Empty Re: My shares force sold by Capital Trust. Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Rajaraam

Yes, Unlesss you have entered in to credit agreement with them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum