FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

NTB - Interim report released

+7
econ
anu
ranga
StocksWatch
shan
Gaja
Monster
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NTB - Interim report released Empty NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/387_1298284199833.pdf

EPS 1.11

Profit is down

2NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Monster wrote:http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/387_1298284199833.pdf

EPS 1.11

Profit is down

Which profit u refer dear friend?

3NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:22 pm

shan

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

NTB profit up perform very well

Last edited by shan on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

4NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:22 pm

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hey thanks for this. was waiting for this for long time. The profits for the 12 months ending on 31st December 2010 is doubled compared to same period the year before. So how come the profits are down?

5NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Monster

Monster

Gaja wrote:
Monster wrote:http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/387_1298284199833.pdf

EPS 1.11

Profit is down

Which profit u refer dear friend?

2Q --> 354 mn EPS 1.71
3Q --> 235 mn EPS 1.11

6NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm

shan

NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC
Company ID: - NTB
Date of Announcement:-21.Feb.2011
Rate of Dividend: - Rs.2.00 per share / First & Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2010
Shareholder Approval: - Required
AGM:- 30.Mar.2011
XD:-31.Mar.2011
Payment: - 08.Apr.2011
Share Transfer Book Open

7NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:03 pm

ranga

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

31-Mar-10 214.1 1.02EPS
30-Jun-10 280.1 1.34EPS
30-Sep-10 354.3 1.69EPS
31-Dec-10 236 1.13EPS

8NTB - Interim report released Empty Excellent Results....!! Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:03 pm

anu

anu
Manager - Equity Analytics

Let us take the whole year in perspective.

EPS growth - 32% (4.09 to 5.40)

The bank (not group) has shown a YOY EPS growth of 67% (2.99 to 4.99)

Core capital / capital adequacy ratios are well above the statutory requirements, with room for better growth with the existing capital

Interest margin improved YoY from 4.85% to 5.42%

Gross non performing advances reduced from 8.53% to 4.88% (Excellent)

ROA (Before Tax) increased from 1.44% to 2.33%

ROE has increased from 12.59% to 18.30% (Excellent)

PBV is 2.58 (fairly good)

These are hallmarks of an excellent, growing bank.

The corporate tax reduction by 7% and financial vat reduction by 8% will do a lot of good to these figures in 2011.

John keells group and CF group backing will do a lot of good in business.

To top it all, they have proposed a Rs.2/- dividend (Explanatory note 5) for 2010.

I simply love this share and will live with this for 5 more years......!

9NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Gaja

http://www.lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=394945055

10NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm

anu

anu

anu wrote:Let us take the whole year in perspective.

Core capital / capital adequacy ratios are well above the statutory requirements, with room for better growth with the existing capital

The corporate tax reduction by 7% and financial vat reduction by 8% will do a lot of good to these figures in 2011.

To top it all, they have proposed a Rs.2/- dividend (Explanatory note 5) for 2010.

For my above post, I am bestowed with a negative rep point.

Can the admin explain me whether I have committed a sin?

11NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:26 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

NTB is one of a best bank. reports shows good growth prospectus..

12NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Gaja

anu wrote:

Don't worry friend i gave + for you now u in 0 do u want more +'s

13NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:33 pm

anu

anu

Gaja, that's very kind of you. I am very particular about being within ethical lines in posting. Negatives hits me hard. Thanks

14NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Gaja

anu wrote:Gaja, that's very kind of you. I am very particular about being within ethical lines in posting. Negatives hits me hard. Thanks

I 100% agree with you, i never promoted any shares in any forum, but used to give my opinion in the way i think with the possible supporting informations or links.

your post also well supported by the information which was available in the CSE website, and i don't know why that person thought negatively.

May be some members like the comments with any support . For Ex :- X share will touch Y amount tomorrow.

So don't worry about these people and do the good work u do. Also don't forget the fact that even if a member is get benefited from you post even, that is the success for you and not the negative points

15NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:44 pm

smallville

smallville

Though qtr to qtr results are down.. overally its good for an upcomin bank.. I think next 2qtr results would show a strong improvement with the benefit of tax reduction..
Good work Anu.. This post made my work 80% simple for analysis.. + from me too.. Do not think about the negatives, these will depend on the persceptions of ppl.. keep posting good stuff ;-)

16NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Gaja

now NTB aggressively promoting BG to the IPO's, since the lots of IPO's on the line they might get handsome other income as well in the days to come

17NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:51 pm

DK

Tomorrow is the last day for NTB.W0011.

NTB.W0011 are issued at a subscription price of 35/= and offers 1:1 rights. The outstanding shares:rights ratio is 1:10.

18NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 pm

ShareShares

Gaja wrote:
anu wrote:

Don't worry friend i gave + for you now u in 0 do u want more +'s

NTB YOY EPS growth of 67%

MPI was picking up in the morning. Market was slightly red today, I think investors are taking profits and new investors focus towards fundamentally sound shares. There are no indications of a crash or any thing like that, actually fundamentally strong shares have stated to pick up with the release of financials.

19NTB - Interim report released Empty Re: NTB - Interim report released Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:42 pm

THIRU

THIRU
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

It is a longly waited financials... one of gthe under valued gem in the banking sector.. tnx for the analysis friends. We have a wonderful team here...
cheers to all..

20NTB - Interim report released Empty FT article Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:38 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

NTB achieves Rs. 1 b in post tax profits for 2010

February 22, 2011 @ 12:01 am

In the financial results for 2010 released to the Colombo Stock Exchange, Nations Trust Bank PLC (NTB) announced that the Group closed the year 2010 with pre-tax profits of Rs. 2.55 billion, a 58% increase over 2009, while post tax profits also grew by 58% and crossed the Rs. 1 billion mark to reach Rs. 1.08 b.
The Group results revealed increased volumes and improved margins across all its business lines during the year under review, which helped in achieving the profit growth.

Improved credit quality as experienced in the industry, resulted in better collections which also helped to boost the profits of the Group. The 4th quarter 2010 results of the Group were also equally pleasing with pre-tax profits increasing by 31% and post tax profits increasing by 30%.

Group net interest income recorded an increase of 23% over 2009. Whilst interest income declined by 16% due to the downward revision of interest rates, it was more than off-set by a 34% reduction in borrowing costs.
Total non-fund-based income showed a growth of 7% over the previous year. Both Trade and FX income also showed exceptional growth levels for the current year. Trade income growth was due to the general increase seen in import/export volumes compared to the previous year. FX income performed well due to the increase in customer volumes and the favourable movements in forward premiums.
Trading income on FIS portfolio was notably well below the levels seen in 2009. Credit card non-fund based income was marginally above the previous period as a result of the challenges seen in the industry which experienced contraction in the active card base, high attritions, declining receivables and stagnant interest bearing balances.
Operating expenses increased by 19% during the year to Rs. 3,932 m. The increase was driven by growth in personnel cost. Premises and establishment costs and other overhead expenses also incurred increases on account of inflationary pressures and supplier rate hikes.
Largest turnaround for the current year has been on specific provisions, which decreased by 79% with net NPL ratio decreasing from 8.5% to 4.9% in 2010. Industry NPL ratio (net of IIS) stood at 6.3% as at November 2010.
During the year, the bank was well focused on NPLs as economic growth picked up and was able to reverse what had been provided for in previous years. Constant vigilance in maintaining a good loan book also ensured that the bank was writing good credit and booking good assets during the year.
During the year, the total assets of the bank grew steadily and crossed the Rs. 80 b milestone to reach Rs. 83.24 b by year end. Gross loans and advances portfolio recorded a growth of Rs. 10.3 b or 28%, of which almost 50% was extended in the last two quarters indicating the growing appetite for credit in the market.
Although not expanding by the same magnitude as the loan book, the deposit base nevertheless increased to Rs. 48 b by the end of December 2010 recording a growth of Rs. 4.2 b or 10%. Capital position also strengthened to Rs. 6.8 b enabling the reporting of a healthy Capital Adequacy Ratio of 15.74%, well ahead of levels considered prudent.
Commenting on the results, Chairman Ajit Gunewardene stated: “I am delighted that within a short span of 11 years, the bank has been able to cross the threshold of Rs. 1 billion in post tax profits for the first time in its history. Our objective is to take advantage of the numerous opportunities that are present in this new economic environment and place the bank at the forefront of the financial services industry. We have initiated an accelerated expansion plan for the bank and are making good progress to stake our claim in the bigger league. I wish to thank all the staff of the bank for their hard work, commitment and dedication which has played a major role in taking the bank to where it is now.”
Director/CEO Saliya Rajakaruna stated: “I am proud of what we achieved in 2010, especially our profit growth, enhanced capital and balance sheet footings. Against a backdrop of an uneven but improved economic landscape both globally and locally, our success is well balanced and pleasing for the enhanced productivity in the use of capital, risk and costs. The country has entered a new era of rapid social and economic development, creating an increase in demand for diversified financial services. We remain focused on continuing to increase the growth prospects of the bank by engaging fully in the new opportunities, whilst keeping our eyes firmly on the needs and interests of our customers, managing our risks and maintaining strategic momentum.”
Nations Trust Bank has grown rapidly over the last 10 years through a strategy of organic growth and acquisitions. These included the tie up with American Express Credit Cards and the merger with Mercantile Leasing Ltd.
In keeping with the vision of the bank – ‘Making life simple by being the benchmark of convenience – NTB provides customer convenience through pioneering concepts such as ‘365 Day Banking’, Mini Branches, Personal Banking Centres, ‘Bank-At-Your-Doorstep’ and Extended Banking Hours, which have helped to win over and maintain a strong customer base.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum