FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by FS Today at 12:56 am

» DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC (DIPD.N0000)
by hammurabi Today at 12:28 am

» Asia/Capital Trust LLUB Target Price Rs 150..
by samansilva Yesterday at 11:37 pm

» COLOMBO LAND AND DEVELOPMENT COMPANY (CLND.N0000)
by Chathur Yesterday at 10:45 pm

» Exit EXPO Enter EDEN strategy broadened to Exit EXPO Enter LOLC GROUP
by Jay-Jay Yesterday at 10:04 pm

» Japanese money laundering via PABC Bank raise CB eye brows
by God Father Yesterday at 10:04 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by EPS Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» SOFT LOGIC CAPIEL
by Eranx Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Short-term targets
by chandike73 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by madukp Yesterday at 6:36 pm

» LOFC LOFC LOFC
by Captain Yesterday at 2:53 pm

» Maharaja after long time
by Maharaja Yesterday at 9:36 am

» සිලෝන් LOLC හෝල්ඩින්ග්ස් (LOCH ) ඩිබෙන්චර්ස් දැක්මෙන් කියන අනාගතය
by Rational Investor Yesterday at 7:06 am

» Port City - Sri Lanka's Economic Trajectory
by Itzme Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:20 pm

» IMMINENT PRICE INCREASE OF TOKYO CEMENT AND MUCH AWAITED BULL RUN
by Athula Prasanna Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:22 pm

» Sathosa Motors-SMOT N -Target price 500
by buddikasmart Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:30 pm

» ASPI break vs reversal
by D.G.Dayaratne Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:30 pm

» Dividend XD Date next week
by SAGA Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:45 pm

» KOTAGALA PLANTATION PLC (KOTA.N0000)
by hotstock Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:22 pm

» LATEST: Join FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Discord
by CHRONICLE™ Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:12 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR

POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR

+88
Mr. X
DamithAsian
MaJa
DanceOfBoons
kadik
wealth123
Raymond
subash81
SL-INVESTOR
Win Win
කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020
Captain
Mithooshan
jaya
KavinduTM
dakzsl
Invest_Wisely
Uaecoindubai
roshan1039
TURBO
Capton KIng Cool
shan
kash1989
fireshelter
Lstyle
stockback
Gainer
Senior Citizen
sureshot
OzTRADER
soileconomy
PROPRITER
market maxx
Eng Krishantha
schemer
rangananwr
NZ BOY
dineshfernando
lasantha11111
Octopus
nimantha80
Sarabulathwita
Invest-Wise
MARKETWATCH2
Dr Stock
Sam2020
Hawk Eye
smallville
Leon
m2_yapa
UAEBOY
kas
dhanurrox
seek
prasadrmb
sandunj
lakymahesh
Gaja
NUINTH
glad
cseguide
piyalpy
salt
Chinwi
WildBear
Monster
anubis
sriranga
Slstock
Whitebull
Malika1990
UKboy
K.Haputantri
Redbulls
ccsentha
Kithsiri
ABEST
crdesilva
thambi
lamaya
maheshprabahath
promode
sanjeewa88
seyon
milanka
TuskerLK
manula
krisen
92 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:10 pm

nimantha80


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@nimantha80 wrote:MEL target 9. Laughing


Today, traded 1.6Mn ,

How did u decide that price pls ??????. Let us any rational behind that as it might be a promotion if not
There are reasons which I can't mention. Very Happy.Just enjoy.

102POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Sarabulathwita


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@nimantha80 wrote:
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@nimantha80 wrote:MEL target 9. Laughing


Today, traded 1.6Mn ,

How did u decide that price pls ??????. Let us any rational behind that as it might be a promotion if not
There  are reasons which I can't mention. Very Happy.Just enjoy.


hahahahahahaha bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

103POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Dr Stock


Co-Admin
Cant we get a idea from historical charts ?
Usually history repeats and resistances and supports
most of the time same.
But not Always !

104POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:24 am

Sarabulathwita


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Dr Stock wrote:Cant we get a idea from historical charts ?
Usually history repeats and resistances and supports
most of the time same.
But not Always !

Yea its true

Still at all time lowest,

It should be trading around 11-13 if past repeats

105POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 am

Sarabulathwita


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
How is my prediction malli,

cheers cheers cheers cheers

106POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:23 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert
@Sarabulathwita wrote:How is my prediction malli,

cheers cheers cheers cheers

ela kiri malli. niyamai.  well done
i reccomend shark brother you for SSTAR position.

she is just bluging

107POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Octopus wrote:
@Sarabulathwita wrote:How is my prediction malli,

cheers cheers cheers cheers

ela kiri malli. niyamai.  well done
i reccomend shark brother you for SSTAR position.

she is just bluging

Ane epa machan, thanks

umbata puluwannam mata illala arandeepan pornSTAR instead of SSTAR. mata godayanna ithuruwela thiyana ekama mage oke witharai ban

market eken kapu loss ui, mage clients la gahapu walawalui mage karaudaban. owa tika cover karaganna thiyana ekama mage oka withtharai. dan karanna thiyanna ekama job eka oka. that stars are paid well. mee thoose kade wage market eka hariyanne na ban mata.

umbata pin sidhdhawechchawe mee karana udau welata

Thanks

SB

108POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:14 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin
MEL del wena ekak ne neda ?

sarabulathwita seems like you are going through hard times.
Nothing will last for ever.
Your day will come soon.

Good Luck !

109POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:29 am

lasantha11111


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Mamanam hithanne ne....
mokada power sector 1k lankawe wessa matha depend wenawa. so apita profit 1k predict karanna be....
eka nisa mama hithanne etawada godai plantation sector eka.



Last edited by lasantha11111 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

110POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:29 am

lasantha11111


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Octopus wrote:
@Sarabulathwita wrote:How is my prediction malli,

cheers cheers cheers cheers

ela kiri malli. niyamai.  well done
i reccomend shark brother you for SSTAR position.

she is just bluging

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

111POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:53 am

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Dr Stock wrote:MEL del wena ekak ne neda ?

sarabulathwita seems like you are going through hard times.
Nothing will last for ever.
Your day will come soon.

Good Luck !


thanks buddy,

asaranayange duka therena umbata pin

dineshfernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
The reduction in electricity charges by 25% would result in dip in revenues for the power companies.

This will not happen immediately since there may be an agreement between the CEB and the power generating companies but this will happen soon.

CEB won't pay a premium price for electricity for too long if they can not recover from customers.

We may see price drops in VPEL, VLL, PAP and other power generating companies.

113POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:48 am

lasantha11111


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
LIOC labath adu wei nedaaaaa

114POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:52 am

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Their cost will also reduced. reduction in revrenue set off. Am I correct ????

115POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:58 am

NZ BOY

NZ BOY
Moderator
Moderator
it s not a big impact for LIOC  world oil price down and people thing UBS deal@15.30 and comedown further poor retailers sold their quantity @21-20 .but now UBC tarding @23.50 UBC will be 4 th largest bank .This will be a future GEM surely

116POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 am

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
http://www.dailynews.lk/?q=local/fuel-light-bills-plummet

117POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:22 pm

rangananwr

rangananwr
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
LIOC will come down little bit more my level 42..

118POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:19 pm

schemer


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
this price reduction is not sustainable. very soon ceb and petroleumm corp will run in to grave trouble. that mean all of us will be in more trouble. though we rejoicing about price  reduction I think it is not sustainable .very soon after the elections it may be reversed.

already both institutions are running at big losses.

is this an  election bribe?

we need good governance.

119POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@lasantha11111 wrote:LIOC labath adu wei nedaaaaa

badu banis macho, but it will recover

120POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@schemer wrote:this price reduction is not sustainable. very soon ceb and petroleumm corp will run in to grave trouble. that mean all of us will be in  more trouble. though we rejoicing about price  reduction I think it is not sustainable .very soon after the elections it may be reversed.

already both institutions are running at big losses.

is this an  election bribe?

we need good governance.

menna kollo, top kollo

Fantasic analysis. That is perfectly correct. Ape moda minissu owata rawatenawane appa

121POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@lasantha11111 wrote:LIOC labath adu wei nedaaaaa

badu banis macho, but it will recover

Don't be worry.. be happy... it will be okkkkk...
cheers cheers cheers

122POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:02 am

market maxx


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
i think some times it may be further down bcoz there is a smell of presidential election in January next year.
but i cant understand why PAP or VPEL make losses on that decisions. cost of unit from coal plant is much higher than hydro power. also they have agreements with CEB and it will not change due to reduction of electricity bill. am i right?

123POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:52 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@schemer wrote:this price reduction is not sustainable. very soon ceb and petroleumm corp will run in to grave trouble. that mean all of us will be in  more trouble. though we rejoicing about price  reduction I think it is not sustainable .very soon after the elections it may be reversed.

already both institutions are running at big losses.

is this an  election bribe?

we need good governance.

menna kollo, top kollo

Fantasic analysis. That is perfectly correct. Ape moda minissu owata rawatenawane appa


sarabulathwita, Mahinda is the best.

124POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin
VPEL moved as we expected.
the day thread started it was Rs 5.80 now Rs 6.80.
Nearly 17 % upward price movement.

i think more to come.

125POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:50 pm

PROPRITER

PROPRITER
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@Dr Stock wrote:With rainy season,, i think the mini hydro power shares started moving.
Today heavy trading specially MEL and VLL came among the first
10 volume trades.
VPEL moved from 5.80 to 6.00 with bullish candlestick.
HPWR and HPFL moves slightly down.
PAP is flat yet.

Pls share your views...


Look at MEL still trading slightly bellow NAV. It was trading around 12-15 in very recent past

As far as I am concerned MEL has a good potential since its trading at around its all time low levels (6.50-7.50) as well as its NAV is Rs.6.87. Furthermore we can expect better corporate governance since there's Nonis Family in the Director Board (dividend of Rs.0.1)

On the other hand we have to consider the following negative factors as well.
As per my calculations Intrinsic value of the counter is at around Rs.5-5.50. Also there's a Director sell at around Rs.7.20.

Over to you!

(Disclaimer - I hold MEL)

126POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
The biggest problem with energy companies is non renewal power purchasing agreements by CEB.if it is a long term agreement they are looking possibilities to limit the time period or if it is renewable energy source they may try to reduce buying price .Due that kind of issues institunal investors are not looking at this sector now.

127POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:52 am

Invest-Wise

Invest-Wise
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Guys I mentioned about Vallibel power sometime ago and posted the report along with a concession they are getting from government on revision of rates (avoided cost tariff). Friday the hydro power association has announced this. I learned that the additional revenue whiwill hot their  bottom linewill be 130 million ruppees (0.15 per share) for Vallibel and 40 million (.10 cents per share) for viddul lanka. with rains and September being a good general quarter I am sure there is more value to be derived. Thought Id share this with you. For people who are holding these shares (including myself) happy times ahead

128POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:25 am

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@PROPRITER wrote:
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@Dr Stock wrote:With rainy season,, i think the mini hydro power shares started moving.
Today heavy trading specially MEL and VLL came among the first
10 volume trades.
VPEL moved from 5.80 to 6.00 with bullish candlestick.
HPWR and HPFL moves slightly down.
PAP is flat yet.

Pls share your views...


Look at MEL still trading slightly bellow NAV. It was trading around 12-15 in very recent past

As far as I am concerned MEL has a good potential since its trading at around its all time low levels (6.50-7.50) as well as its NAV is Rs.6.87. Furthermore we can expect better corporate governance since there's Nonis Family in the Director Board (dividend of Rs.0.1)

On the other hand we have to consider the following negative factors as well.
As per my calculations Intrinsic value of the counter is at around Rs.5-5.50. Also there's a Director sell at around Rs.7.20.

Over to you!

(Disclaimer - I hold MEL)

I too agree with you.

NAV is 7.31 as per the June financials and dirrector selling is a normal selling, She used to sell the shares in order to settle a monthly obligation (MAY BE) if you look at the no of shares she sells from July - September 2014 about 100K in July and 50K in Sep. ( she is holding 2.9Mn shares) If she thinks that there is no potention, she should have sold at once, there are enough people in the market to buy as parcel and even she would sell continuously.

It is only my view

I hold 86,000 shares on my clients account and 25,000 shares on my staff account

I I love you MEL though

129POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:49 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@PROPRITER wrote:
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@Dr Stock wrote:With rainy season,, i think the mini hydro power shares started moving.
Today heavy trading specially MEL and VLL came among the first
10 volume trades.
VPEL moved from 5.80 to 6.00 with bullish candlestick.
HPWR and HPFL moves slightly down.
PAP is flat yet.

Pls share your views...


Look at MEL still trading slightly bellow NAV. It was trading around 12-15 in very recent past

As far as I am concerned MEL has a good potential since its trading at around its all time low levels (6.50-7.50) as well as its NAV is Rs.6.87. Furthermore we can expect better corporate governance since there's Nonis Family in the Director Board (dividend of Rs.0.1)

On the other hand we have to consider the following negative factors as well.
As per my calculations Intrinsic value of the counter is at around Rs.5-5.50. Also there's a Director sell at around Rs.7.20.

Over to you!

(Disclaimer - I hold MEL)

I too agree with you.

NAV is 7.31 as per the June financials and dirrector selling is a normal selling, She used to sell the shares in order to settle a monthly obligation (MAY BE) if you look at the no of shares she sells from July - September 2014 about 100K in July and 50K in Sep. ( she is holding 2.9Mn shares) If she thinks that there is no potention, she should have sold at once, there are enough people in the market to buy as parcel and even she would sell continuously.

It is only my view

I hold 86,000 shares on my clients account and 25,000 shares on my staff account

I I love you MEL though
 

did not follow this. but if a director selling means its not a good sign sara. juts my opinion.

130POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 5 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:51 pm

PROPRITER

PROPRITER
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Thanks for the update sara,
I have to give some thought about your explanation regarding the Director sell... Laughing

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum