FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer


EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR

POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:30 pm

dhanurrox


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Expecting more than 20% in short term from the share I have in this sector.Very Happy 

77POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:36 pm

kas


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I'm collecting PAP in small quantities, this year is a good wet year and only two months to go,I'm expecting PAP to move towards Rs.3.00 with all this rain we had so far. They have only paid an interim dividend and hope there will be a good final dividend on the cards

78POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:40 am

UAEBOY


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@dhanurrox wrote:Expecting more than 20% in short term  from the share I have in this sector.Very Happy 
@ Chinwi ...Wel done allrounder...Great work...

@ Dhanurrox...May be VPEL...Wink

79POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:56 am

m2_yapa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:I think the market is waiting for reports.

I doubled my stake during last qtr. I bet with only one  XXXX.N

Still gathering , mostly in rainy days Smile.
I also bought HPFL.N @ 4.50 to 5.00 already in profit but no idea to dispose near future but still i like collecting it below 5.00. it is a most valuable stock among those hydra power.
PAP.N also may give you .50 profit once this 2.50-2.60 disposing over. look like PAP is being controlled . But i am dam sure it will easily reach 3.00 with next earning report.

80POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:50 am

Leon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@kas wrote:I'm collecting PAP in small quantities, this year is a good wet year and only two months to go,I'm expecting PAP to move towards Rs.3.00 with all this rain we had so far. They have only paid an interim dividend and hope there will be a good final dividend on the cards
Their dividend payment is as follows,

2010/2011 - .25 (Interim)
2011/2012 - .15 (Interim)
2012/2013 - .10 (Interim)

None of the above instances they have not paid the final dividend as we expected. PAP is a safe counter @ current levels. But they are confusing us with this interim word.

81POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:12 am

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Leon but this time there is higher possibility to have another dividend.

82POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:57 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@m2_yapa wrote:I also bought HPFL.N @ 4.50 to 5.00 already in profit but no idea to dispose near future but still i like collecting it below 5.00. it is a most valuable stock among those hydra power.
A month ago it had a sudden movement to reach 6/- and someone bought a quantity.

Then last Thursday  , again moved to 5.80 from 5.40.

Over 90,000 cleared around 5.60 

As you said it's real value will come at least after 6 months . I buy it as a long term buffer stock.

83POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:08 pm

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
What is the current status of their two new power plants? It takes long time to complete the project than estimated. They have taken another 80 M loan to complete the project. If I am not mistaken, according to the last AR, they have put on hold the new Halagon Oya project till they get positive signs for the new tarrif structure from the gov.

84POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:41 pm

m2_yapa

m2_yapa
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:
@m2_yapa wrote:I also bought HPFL.N @ 4.50 to 5.00 already in profit but no idea to dispose near future but still i like collecting it below 5.00. it is a most valuable stock among those hydra power.
A month ago it had a sudden movement to reach 6/- and someone bought a quantity.

Then last Thursday  , again moved to 5.80 from 5.40.

Over 90,000 cleared around 5.60 

As you said it's real value will come at least after 6 months . I buy it as a long term buffer stock.
Ya thank you very much for the infor. If you seen at 4.50 very thin volume traded. there after from 5.30 to 5.80 some one/party collecting can observed. (I guess this will joint to the "wesak perehara" next year).

85POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:11 pm

kas

kas
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Leon wrote:
@kas wrote:I'm collecting PAP in small quantities, this year is a good wet year and only two months to go,I'm expecting PAP to move towards Rs.3.00 with all this rain we had so far. They have only paid an interim dividend and hope there will be a good final dividend on the cards
Their dividend payment is as follows,

2010/2011 - .25 (Interim)
2011/2012 - .15 (Interim)
2012/2013 - .10 (Interim)

None of the above instances they have not paid the final dividend as we expected. PAP is  a safe counter @ current levels. But they are confusing us with this interim word.
Agreed, but I feel this year is different being a very rainy year and they have the ability to match at  least last years dividend if not the profits have to be reinvested increasing the NAV of the share

86POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:22 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@kas wrote:
@Leon wrote:
@kas wrote:I'm collecting PAP in small quantities, this year is a good wet year and only two months to go,I'm expecting PAP to move towards Rs.3.00 with all this rain we had so far. They have only paid an interim dividend and hope there will be a good final dividend on the cards
Their dividend payment is as follows,

2010/2011 - .25 (Interim)
2011/2012 - .15 (Interim)
2012/2013 - .10 (Interim)

None of the above instances they have not paid the final dividend as we expected. PAP is  a safe counter @ current levels. But they are confusing us with this interim word.
Agreed, but I feel this year is different being a very rainy year and they have the ability to match at  least last years dividend if not the profits have to be reinvested increasing the NAV of the share
In my view, this interim declaration as done by many companies;

1) with the intention of making a Final dvididend but somehow, either their next financials not provide a chance for it
2) Or they do it to impress investors

87POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 am

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
These hydro power projects to be build in Uganda, will be a hot topic next year.

88POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:22 am

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert
The only sector that could report some good profits this year

89POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Sam2020


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
If think about hydro power keep eye on this company
VS Hydro (pvt) Ltd.(http://www.vs.lk/),
They are the pioneers of the sri lankan small hydro power industry,there industry experience going through Sri Lanka ,Uganda, Kenya, to Rwanda

90POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/1000_1384248111132.pdf

91POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 pm

kas

kas
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
PAP results are out looks good to me Smile

http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/1040_1384341327.pdf

92POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:20 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Increase of EPS for next few seasons ( latest taken as the base)

HPFL > VLL > PAP > VPEL
My prediction deviated slightly.
Idonno what happened to PAP and its inflow. We must check their HPP locations and RF, if no breakdown reported  in machines.

Now it is ,

HPFL > VLL > VPEL > PAP

EPS On last 2 qtrs,  (June to September)

HPFL  0.09 to 0.18 = 100 % Up
VLL 0.14 to 0.15 = 7 % UP
VPEL 0.32 to 0.34 = 3 % UP
PAP .012 to 0.05 =  58 % Drop

93POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:05 am

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
VLL current results does not show the new 2.5 MW plant that was connected to the grid from 1st of November. Next quarter should show improved results with additional capacity.

94POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:42 am

dhanurrox


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Everyone is missing a trick here.Very Happy 

95POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Is the next Rally power & Energy ? Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin
With rainy season,, i think the mini hydro power shares started moving.
Today heavy trading specially MEL and VLL came among the first
10 volume trades.
VPEL moved from 5.80 to 6.00 with bullish candlestick.
HPWR and HPFL moves slightly down.
PAP is flat yet.

Pls share your views...

96POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:02 am

MARKETWATCH2


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
follow the trend/ bull market there expect power and all types of rally. one year minimum target 50%. buy on weakness if intermediate trend is up.

97POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:29 am

Invest-Wise

Invest-Wise
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I definitely thing this run will happen with the September results as its the best period for the power sector profits in the past. I know that this quarter will be great as they have done well and also are getting some rebates from the governments which will be announced in the next week or so i was told. I am holding 100,000 at 5.90/6 which i bought 3 weeks ago. I am not sure if I uploaded this image correct of the report. This link was given...

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/98/84/76/valibe10.png

98POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Dr Stock wrote:With rainy season,, i think the mini hydro power shares started moving.
Today heavy trading specially MEL and VLL came among the first
10 volume trades.
VPEL moved from 5.80 to 6.00 with bullish candlestick.
HPWR and HPFL moves slightly down.
PAP is flat yet.

Pls share your views...


Look at MEL still trading slightly bellow NAV. It was trading around 12-15 in very recent past

99POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:52 pm

nimantha80


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
MEL target 9. Laughing

100POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@nimantha80 wrote:MEL target 9. Laughing


Today, traded 1.6Mn ,

How did u decide that price pls ??????. Let us any rational behind that as it might be a promotion if not

101POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:10 pm

nimantha80


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@nimantha80 wrote:MEL target 9. Laughing


Today, traded 1.6Mn ,

How did u decide that price pls ??????. Let us any rational behind that as it might be a promotion if not
There are reasons which I can't mention. Very Happy.Just enjoy.

102POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@nimantha80 wrote:
@Sarabulathwita wrote:
@nimantha80 wrote:MEL target 9. Laughing


Today, traded 1.6Mn ,

How did u decide that price pls ??????. Let us any rational behind that as it might be a promotion if not
There  are reasons which I can't mention. Very Happy.Just enjoy.


hahahahahahaha bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

103POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin
Cant we get a idea from historical charts ?
Usually history repeats and resistances and supports
most of the time same.
But not Always !

104POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:24 am

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Dr Stock wrote:Cant we get a idea from historical charts ?
Usually history repeats and resistances and supports
most of the time same.
But not Always !

Yea its true

Still at all time lowest,

It should be trading around 11-13 if past repeats

105POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR - Page 4 Empty Re: POWER AND ENERGY SECTOR Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 am

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
How is my prediction malli,

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum