FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE!

+22
Itzme
cypher1886
stockchaser
SAGA
Eranx
DimuthuKW
Ruchira sm
Dilip
xhunter
niru
samaritan
Kaish86
sajeethk
chamith
jks
seyon
roshanalv
zen
Slstock
innam
bakapandithaya
godswen
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:48 pm

godswen

godswen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Did yall see the new announcement! So it's gonna be; you pay first then you get the shares! Twisted Evil

So no more day trading?

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/7821317101794_.pdf

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

This is good improvement, poor retailers can't buy on credit. So, no credit clearance

innam

innam
Manager - Equity Analytics

godswen wrote:Did yall see the new announcement! So it's gonna be; you pay first then you get the shares! Twisted Evil

So no more day trading?

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/7821317101794_.pdf

Actually day trading can still take place but you may need to have a margin account or a credit balance in your account in order to make payment for the buy side of the transaction, once you make the sale the proceeds will net off the margin/credit to your account.
That is the theory but the CSE/SEC has a tendency to muck things up when it comes to practise.

godswen

godswen

innam wrote:
Actually day trading can still take place but you may need to have a margin account or a credit balance in your account in order to make payment for the buy side of the transaction, once you make the sale the proceeds will net off the margin/credit to your account.
That is the theory but the CSE/SEC has a tendency to muck things up when it comes to practise.

And do we really need DVP here in CSE?

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

"Payment at the moment of delivery".[1] Delivery versus payment or DVP is a sale transaction of negotiable securities (in exchange for cash payment) that can be instructed to a settlement agent using SWIFT Message Type MT 543 (in the ISO15022 standard). Use of such standard message types is intended to reduce risk in the settlement of a financial transaction, and enable automatic processing. Ideally, title to an asset and payment are exchanged simultaneously. This may be possible in many cases such as in a central depository system such as the United States Depository Trust Corporation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delivery_versus_payment

It does not mean that Broker Credit ( ateast for T+3) needs be abolished. If it does that means

i) first you need to put money into your account before buying
or
ii) need to have account balance after selling

I am not sure whether it is necessary or feasible to make it that strict. Retailer Day trading can reduce immensely then. Day Trading is also necessarily for market sustenance.

Interpreting from the article above, with DVP it seems that your broker can pay for you also ( with T+3). Maybe it does not have to be strict as above. Idea of DVP appears to be for a better management system.

Let see how they are going to implement this and not mess CSE again with too drastic measures all of sudden. But If implemented rationally with limited flexibility this might be actually curb manipulators somewhat.

ps : Okay I just saw Innam response. Margin account can also fit within the system. But how many retailer have margin accounts?

Last edited by slstock on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

innam

innam

godswen wrote:
And do we really need DVP here in CSE?

if you want a market of investors, DVP (IF implemented properly) can be a good thing.

if you want a market of manipulators/pump & dumps, DVP is a bad thing.

zen

zen

Gyuz I don't understand.. What's the difference between this and the current system? When I buy shares, my 'cash available for withdrawl' goes down and the 'portfoilo value' goes up. When I sell, it happens vise versa. What's the difference?

roshanalv

roshanalv

Introduce on mid 2012, so not to worry now

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

zen wrote:Gyuz I don't understand.. What's the difference between this and the current system? When I buy shares, my 'cash available for withdrawl' goes down and the 'portfoilo value' goes up. When I sell, it happens vise versa. What's the difference?

What i understand ,this system way of controlling the risk in securities mkt. simply DVPS means changes of ownership of particular share is transferred while the payments is made. Eg. If u purchase 1000 JKH @ Rs.300, You have to settle 300,000, till the payment is made ( within stipulated time period eg: T+3), the purchased qty will not credit ur CDS A/c and sametime will not debit counterparties CDS A/c. till that 1000 JKH will show as shadow balance. If u failure to settle the payment, this particular trade will be canceled.

In short if u have money only u can make trade.

Related Discussion

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t5305-how-dvps-delivery-versus-payment-system-will-benefit-to-cse

10Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:50 pm

zen

zen

So it only affects people who use margin? If that's the case, it's good. It makes the market more predictable, trends will not be interrpupted and we won't have face times like these.

But what happens to a guy who sell to a person who isn't paying on the spot. A sale happens but it could be cancelled???

11Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:58 pm

jks

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

If u failure to settle the payment, this particular trade will be canceled.

this is really happen we never loss if shares price goes down payment made to stock broker not paid transaction cancelled.we win seller goes bankrupt.

12Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:59 pm

seyon

zen wrote:So it only affects people who use margin? If that's the case, it's good. It makes the market more predictable, trends will not be interrpupted and we won't have face times like these.

But what happens to a guy who sell to a person who isn't paying on the spot. A sale happens but it could be cancelled???

This system will badly affect the manipulators and the traders like NP & DJ, At present these guys can place the orders even if they don't have sufficient fund or margin, these guys might have some arrangement with the brokers. But after introduction of DVPS, the system will allow even to place the orders if u have a fund or margin. Yes that is way the system is designed.

Now u can see ur CDS a/c and ur account ( broker calls as back office) are not linked. But in DVPS Security transfer system ( CDS a/c) and fund transfer a/c ( ur a/c) will be linked. So when u placing the order or buying, system will identify whether u have suffciant fund ( basically our online trading and buying power )

However this system will differ from country to country, in some place system will allow u to buy, once u make the payment (T+3) stock will transfer to ur CDS a/c, until it will show as shadow balance, if u are default to pay, then the particular transaction will be canceled.

will see How CSE is going to introduce this system. I am very much happy about this system..

13Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 pm

chamith

chamith

This is how it take place in LSE.
You have to have money in your a/c to buy.

So the payment is secure.
In the positive side i believe this would somewhat bring an end to force selling. As long as force selling is there, its hard for a market to stand up.

14Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:57 am

sajeethk

May be some of CSE head peoples want have free tour to India coming months using CSE money. cos since trading volume go out they have good money.....

Hope end of the day will not come with nothing....

15Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:00 pm

Kaish86

DVR again. If i sell something at profit, and on 3rd day during settlement if the share price is not favouring buyers earlier decision and he refuses to settle will the original trade us cancelled. How the seller get his money for his original decision. This is unfair.
Current system either buyer pay or not seller is guaranteed of cash since broker has to pay on his own account. Is DVR is simply transferring settlement risk of the broker to the seller.

Can anyone explain on my 1st paragraph

16Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty DVP Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Kaish86

If i sell something at profit, and on 3rd day during settlement if the share price is not favouring buyer's earlier decision and he refuses to settle, will the original trade is cancelled. Can't seller get his money for his original decision. This is unfair. 

As per Current system either buyer pay or not, seller is guaranteed of cash since broker has to pay on his own account. Is DVP is simply transferring settlement risk of the broker to the seller. 

17Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:41 pm

samaritan

Kaish86 wrote:If i sell something at profit, and on 3rd day during settlement if the share price is not favouring buyer's earlier decision and he refuses to settle, will the original trade is cancelled. Can't seller get his money for his original decision. This is unfair. 

As per Current system either buyer pay or not, seller is guaranteed of cash since broker has to pay on his own account. Is DVP is simply transferring settlement risk of the broker to the seller. 

A question may be raised due to fear, uncertainty & doubt. Similarly, same question may be raised to create fear, uncertainty & doubt. One should have the wisdom to know the difference, given the fact that this same question has been posted under three different threads. Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Icon_lol

Mr. X likes this post

18Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Kaish86

I posted in 3 forum bcz i wanted to know the answer atleast in one of the 3 forums. Since i didn't get answers for my previous posts in other subjects.
Its a very straightforward question that who will pay me when the buyer (who does not have margin facility) not settles on 3rd day. If you know the answer pls provide without saying go and see YouTube, as you replied in the another forum.

For your information, im not a big fish to collect shares by creating panic in the market. Anyway thanks atleast you provided some feedback.
Any other member who can clear my doubt.

samaritan likes this post

19Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:41 pm

samaritan

Kaish86 wrote:If i sell something at profit, and on 3rd day during settlement if the share price is not favouring buyer's earlier decision and he refuses to settle, will the original trade is cancelled. Can't seller get his money for his original decision. This is unfair. 

The buyer cannot retract and hence the trade will not be cancelled. The buyer's broker is bound to sort out any issues that may arise from the trade with the buyer. You will get your payment. Any comments from others?

20Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:56 pm

niru

Trade can be cancelled.

No security movement from seller's account.

But, Seller will be compensated for the 3 day price loss and opportunity loss.

CDS will charge this compensation from buy broker, buy broker may charge it from buyer.

Compensation amount = qty x Max(0,P) + 0.8% of transaction value

P = sale price - highest trade price between trade date settlement date

21Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:11 pm

xhunter

xhunter

niru wrote:Trade can be cancelled.

CDS will charge this compensation from buy broker, buy broker may charge it from buyer.

probably this might be only applicable for pre arranged transaction. 
anyway 
is also probably incorrect.
at least it should be   the lowest price recorded in between those two days.

where we can find these information from?

it is fair to consider
p = highest price recorded - lowest price recorded
theoretically seller could have sold them for the highest price , but now he/she might be selling for the lowest price , so the opportunity cost can be that much of amount.

22Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:45 pm

samaritan

There is a link below, where reference is made about buyer's settlement bank as well.

https://www.cse.lk/pages/dvp-video/dvp-video.component.html

23Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:56 am

niru

niru wrote:Trade can be cancelled.

No security movement from seller's account.

Sorry, P should be as follows 

P = sale price - Lowest trade price between trade date settlement date

24Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:39 pm

xhunter

xhunter

If you use DirectFN TWS ,you have to upgrade to the new version.
old installtion will be replaced with new files, when i try to do it threw some errors
1. a ttf file can not be deleted because it is in use
      - you may just ignore this error , click on ignore button
2. 6 image files can not be deleted because they are read only
     - go to the location and right click on the file and open the properties and untick the read only attribute.
    - then click on retry button

25Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Empty Re: Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE! Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:53 am

Dilip

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

jks wrote:If u failure to settle the payment, this particular trade will be canceled.

this is  really happen we never loss if shares price goes down payment made to stock broker not paid transaction cancelled.we win seller goes bankrupt.
So what if the share price goes up, the seller wins, buyer loses

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum