FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TIME TO CALL SLT ?
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

» RWSL - WATCH
by sureshot Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

RICH, NAMU, KGAL - All in one value analysis

+3
MoneyMaker
Slstock
smallville
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Guys I did some home work to see whether my original assumptions of these shares are still valid or not, lets see what I've come across;
Pls share your views;

RICH Valuation

PAT after removing of minority interest;

31.12.2010 – 640.60 Mn
30.09.2010 – 434.25 Mn
30.06.2010 – 270.50 Mn
31.03.2010 – 330.70 Mn

Last 04 quarter earnings = 1676.05 Mn
No. of Shares (rounded) = 1935.49 Mn
EPS = 1676.05 / 1935.49 = 0.87 (rounded)

RICH can Value at diversify sector PER of 34.10

Sector PE Share Valuation = EPS 0.87 x PER 34.10 = Rs.29.52/- level.

If we take Fair Value of sector PE as a 30% discount to normal value it is 23.87, hence taking this as the fair sector PE;

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 0.87 x PER 23.87 = Rs. 20.77/- level.
Current Share price - Rs. 14/-
With the current massive earnings of KGAL and NAMU (subsidiaries), RICH is worth more than Rs.20.77 now.

So is RICH ready to run RICH?

Lets have a look at RICH's subsidary performance and decide that.....

NAMU Valuation

PAT after removing Other income;

31.12.2010 – 116.19 Mn
30.09.2010 – 106.62 Mn
30.06.2010 – 78.79 Mn
31.03.2010 – 75.66 Mn

Last 04 quarter earnings = 377.26 Mn
No of Shares = 23.75 Mn
EPS = 15.88

NAMU can be Valued at Plantation Sector PE of 24.3;

Sector PE Share Valuation = EPS 15.88 x PER 23.75 = Rs. 377.15/- level.

If we take Fair Value of sector PE as a 30% discount to normal value it is 17.01, hence taking this as the fair sector PE;

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 15.88 x PER 17.01 = Rs. 270.11/- level.
Current Share Price = Rs. 125/-

NAMU has a ton of Rubber + palm oil and palm oil has gone up 50% since September 2010. And
also the Rubber price is at industry high.

KGAL Valuation

31.12.2010 – 205.222 Mn
30.09.2010 – 189.416 Mn
30.06.2010 – 99.06 Mn
31.03.2010 – 212.63 Mn

Last 04 quarter earnings = 706.39 Mn
No of Shares = 25 Mn
EPS = 28.25

Sector PE Share Valuation = EPS 28.25 x PER 23.75 = Rs. 671/- level.

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 28.25 x PER 17.01 = Rs. 480.5/- level.
Current Share Price = Rs. 208.9

Now we could see KGAL's year ended profits as at 31.03.2010 was so high and assuming its due to year end result pattern, if we take it at a 50% discount the earnings will be 106.315 as at 31.03.2010.
Hence taking this amount for our calculation we arrive at a 04 quarter earnings of 600Mn.
So the EPS would be 24.0.

Now lets recalculate using the Fair Share Valuation with 30% discount to the Sector PE;

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 24 x PER 17.01 = Rs. 408/- level.

What this means? Whatever the calculation we take, discounting here and there still we arrive at a figure more than Rs. 400/- and even with the Wage hike that could result in a revenue drop for Tea segment, still its fair to assume this share worth more than Rs. 400/- now..

KGAL is exposed to massive Ruber + COCO combination apart from TEA, last qtrs Rubber contibution is so high and due to prevailaing rubber prices we can expect the same for atleast another 2 qtrs..

Also tech charts show all three are at oversold region now, and RICH indicates it can go down t0 13.80-13.90 before it goes up.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=KGAL:SL

Open for discussion Cool

Last edited by smallville on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:Guys I did some home work to see whether my original assumptions of these shares are still valid or not, lets see what I've come across;
Pls share your views;

RICH Valuation

PAT after removing of minority interest;

31.12.2010 – 640.60 Mn
30.09.2010 – 434.25 Mn
30.06.2010 – 270.50 Mn
31.03.2010 – 330.70 Mn

Last 04 quarter earnings = 1676.05 Mn
No. of Shares (rounded) = 1935.49 Mn
EPS = 1676.05 / 1935.49 = 0.87 (rounded)

RICH can Value at diversify sector PER of 34.10

Sector PE Share Valuation = EPS 0.87 x PER 34.10 = Rs.29.52/- level.

If we take Fair Value of sector PE as a 30% discount to normal value it is 23.87, hence taking this as the fair sector PE;

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 0.87 x PER 23.87 = Rs. 20.77/- level.
Current Share price - Rs. 14/-
With the current massive earnings of KGAL and NAMU (subsidiaries), RICH is worth more than Rs.20.77 now.

So is RICH ready to run RICH?

Lets have a look at RICH's subsidary performance and decide that.....

NAMU Valuation

31.12.2010 – 116.19 Mn
30.09.2010 – 106.62 Mn
30.06.2010 – 78.79 Mn
31.03.2010 – 75.66 Mn

Last 04 quarter earnings = 377.26 Mn
No of Shares = 23.75 Mn
EPS = 15.88

NAMU can be Valued at Plantation Sector PE of 24.3;

Sector PE Share Valuation = EPS 15.88 x PER 23.75 = Rs. 377.15/- level.

If we take Fair Value of sector PE as a 30% discount to normal value it is 17.01, hence taking this as the fair sector PE;

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 15.88 x PER 17.01 = Rs. 270.11/- level.
Current Share Price = Rs. 125/-

NAMU has a ton of Rubber + palm oil and palm oil has gone up 50% since September 2010. And
also the Rubber price is at industry high.

KGAL Valuation

31.12.2010 – 205.222 Mn
30.09.2010 – 189.416 Mn
30.06.2010 – 99.06 Mn
31.03.2010 – 212.63 Mn

Last 04 quarter earnings = 706.39 Mn
No of Shares = 25 Mn
EPS = 28.25

Sector PE Share Valuation = EPS 28.25 x PER 23.75 = Rs. 671/- level.

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 28.25 x PER 17.01 = Rs. 480.5/- level.
Current Share Price = Rs. 208.9

Now we could see KGAL's year ended profits as at 31.03.2010 was so high and assuming its due to year end result pattern, if we take it at a 50% discount the earnings will be 106.315 as at 31.03.2010.
Hence taking this amount for our calculation we arrive at a 04 quarter earnings of 600Mn.
So the EPS would be 24.0.

Now lets recalculate using the Fair Share Valuation with 30% discount to the Sector PE;

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 24 x PER 17.01 = Rs. 408/- level.

What this means? Whatever the calculation we take, discounting here and there still we arrive at a figure more than Rs. 400/- and even with the Wage hike that could result in a revenue drop for Tea segment, still its fair to assume this share worth more than Rs. 400/- now..

KGAL is exposed to massive Ruber + COCO combination apart from TEA, last qtrs Rubber contibution is so high and due to prevailaing rubber prices we can expect the same for atleast another 2 qtrs..

Also tech charts show all three are at oversold region now, and RICH indicates it can go down t0 13.80-13.90 before it goes up.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=KGAL:SL

Open for discussion Cool

Good analysis SmallVille. Rep from me.

Yes these shares especially KGAL, is highly undervalued as you pointed out. December Quarter actually reaped lesser revenue as Rubber tapping was less due to technicals of the period and also due to bad weather. It can be expected KGAL atleast sustain same earning as last quarter for March ( if not more which I am rather positive about as March quarter should be more than December due to above). With the current scenarios for the year KGAL should report around Rs 30 EPS. So even with a discounted PE of 12 for the Skeptics of plantations sector risks I think KGAL should be valued at around Rs320- 350 now.

Even with plantation sector wage issues if we discount 25% of profit of KGAL to wage hike ( this effects TEA sector mostly and KGAL is lesser exposed to TEA as it is the largest Rubber plantation company )
even the June quarter should be decent for KGAL.

I think people are unnecessarily panicking. To me the safest plantation companies out of the bunch is KGAL and NAMU.

RICH chariman said he was expecting 2.5 Billion profit for the year. I was skeptical before but after seeing ;last quarter results they can get mighty close. To me RICH is worth Rs 20 easily being a blue chip also.

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thanks for this one Smallville... Very good calculations.
I am a great fan of your comments.
Keep it up!

smallville

smallville

slstock wrote:
I think people are unnecessarily panicking. To me the safest plantation companies out of the bunch is KGAL and NAMU.

RICH chariman said he was expecting 2.5 Billion profit for the year. I was skeptical before but after seeing ;last quarter results they can get mighty close. To me RICH is worth Rs 20 easily being a blue chip also.

I highly agree on this panic scenario.. if I had done this analysis earlier, I'd have collected few more shares around 200.. even at 210 I think we're not losing anymore..

RICH has gone back to 14.. can go little more down.. but now we knw the value of this blue chip.. so why not we collct?

One more thing.. RICH could be a long term investment.. So how long could you possibly gonna look at?

Slstock

Slstock

smallville wrote:
slstock wrote:

I highly agree on this panic scenario.. if I had done this analysis earlier, I'd have collected few more shares around 200.. even at 210 I think we're not losing anymore..

RICH has gone back to 14.. can go little more down.. but now we knw the value of this blue chip.. so why not we collct?

One more thin

g.. RICH could be a long term investment.. So how long could you possibly gonna look at?

I have kept some of the RICH shares I bought 6 months ago as long term investment. I am looking at rotating some of my other shsres to more RICH. The hardest part is to sell some of my shares at the lowest they have seen in the last 5 months to go for RICH!

KGAL is a bargain at Rs 210. This is share which went to Rs 280 before this butchering.

antxster

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi Smallville, you mentioned rich might go down to 3.80-3.90. Why is that so? I bought RICH at Rs 13.80 o.o

Slstock

Slstock

antxster wrote:Hi Smallville, you mentioned rich might go down to 3.80-3.90. Why is that so? I bought RICH at Rs 13.80 o.o

I believe he meant Rs13.8-13.9 . If Rich goes to Rs 3.9 now I will convert my whole portfolio to RICH pirat

antxster

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

slstock wrote:
antxster wrote:Hi Smallville, you mentioned rich might go down to 3.80-3.90. Why is that so? I bought RICH at Rs 13.80 o.o

I believe he meant Rs13.8-13.9 . If Rich goes to Rs 3.9 now I will convert my whole portfolio to RICH :pirat:

lol. thanks for clarifying ;)

smallville

smallville

Sorry that was a big typo Wink I meant 13.80-13.90..

U can see still u can get RICH in this range.. better to give a try..

antxster

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

smallville wrote:

Sorry that was a big typo ;) I meant 13.80-13.90..

U can see still u can get RICH in this range.. better to give a try..

Thanks~ I wonder when will the stock price goes up.

smallville

smallville

KGAL is slowly heading up.. NAMU too.. so we might see some rally towards the end of the month. Not entirely sure of this.. The counters are really good to hold looking at their earnings potential..
I expect the market to be slow moving due to avurudu season.. I my be wrong, but thats how I believe..

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:KGAL is slowly heading up.. NAMU too.. so we might see some rally towards the end of the month. Not entirely sure of this.. The counters are really good to hold looking at their earnings potential..
I expect the market to be slow moving due to avurudu season.. I my be wrong, but thats how I believe..

KGAL NAMU and RICH are moving shares. They can pickup soon, investors get various bonuses, festival advances for the New Year. Due to harvesting, businesses related to plantations can do well. Generally people do not withdraw large quantities in millions for the New Year. Some invest what ever the advances bonuses they receive. Market would pick up slowly and much more rapidly towards end of April. Milanka index, blue chips, banks might also do well.

13RICH, NAMU, KGAL - All in one value analysis Empty NAMU- Boliger Band & MACD Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Pira

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Hi everybody
When you see this graph you will se that NAMU should go up in the near future. Smile Smile

I hope i can update this kinde of document. If not please let me know.

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

KGAL and RICH perform well, no evidence of force selling any more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum