FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

I was banned and forum democrazy

+5
monash
skyfall
SHARK aka TAH
besthope
jonta999
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I was banned and forum democrazy Empty I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:18 pm

jonta999

jonta999
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

First of all I should say I did not promote the other web site.

Secondly if all of you are so confident about this web site why are you so scared of the "Other" web site?

Thirdly even google allows to search for "Yahoo" in their search engine and that should be the right attitude when running a business rather than the hiding attitude.

Discussion is warranted rather than banning me  Evil or Very Mad 

2I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:11 pm

besthope

Manager - Equity Analytics

jonta999 wrote:First of all I should say I did not promote the other web site.

Secondly if all of you are so confident about this web site why are you so scared of the "Other" web site?

Thirdly even google allows to search for "Yahoo" in their search engine and that should be the right attitude when running a business rather than the hiding attitude.

Discussion is warranted rather than banning me  Evil or Very Mad 

halo juntu please tell me what is happening ah ? i comming after long time and not understanding current situation. are they trying ban you and why ah

3I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:40 pm

jonta999

jonta999

So called Gumnet is promoting crap here and trying to ban the original people.

@besthope: I was banned yesterday and somehow she has activated me again... Surprised 

4I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:46 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Please jonta we are very sorry for the earlier BAN, sometimes we need to stick to forum ethics and rules,perhaps there were few red flags issued on you by some members who are here that got annoyed over your posts and links that were highlighted.as you are now aware that PMs are enabled no BANS on any active members as far as i know, and all are welcome as usual to post any article related to stocks where new members can benefit from.
lets move forward and take the forum for greater heights .....
In this perseverance we look forward to bring all members together without leaving anyone out.
This is my vision and i am sure each and everyone can contribute positively without dragging the forum to where it was.
There are people in all walks of life who will try to pull from our legs, but as a TEAM we need to focus on our long term objectives and strive hard to maintain our professional standards.
Thats the only way to answer the critics.
I am sure you will agree 100%

Happy To see you Back
SHARK  cheers

5I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

jonta999 wrote:So called Gumnet is promoting crap here and trying to ban the original people.

@besthope: I was banned yesterday and somehow she has activated me again... Surprised 
I was not aware of your recent BAN, i will find out from SStar and can confirm to you. If an apology is required i am ready do it on behalf of the TEAM for the betterment.

All views are tolerated, but please please i request not post articles that can cause uneasiness and put forum harmony at jeopardy.

Thanks  Smile

6I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:55 pm

jonta999

jonta999

BTW TAH, do you approve the posting of an article by GMnet that was wrote by SLS in this website without proper approval of SLS? Is this the professionalism that you trying to bring to SLEF?

7I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:16 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Dear jonta999
we could discuss this over PM or if you require to be open for all to read i could do so even for the benefit of others.

I do not know the real core issue over SLS and GMNet.

I can not speak of anyones actions publicly that would mean i am disrespecting/criticising one over the other.

I need both of them in SLEF contributing towards educating new and present members about how to invest and safeguard your capital (hard earned income/savings)

However with regard to GMNet issue over the copy paste action i do not see anything wrong as it was in public forum mentioned by SLS and not a fabricated story.

These type of matters come up in media  on all our politicos, and opposition or government members trying to allege one over the other.

What happens there after is that the aggrieved party either ignores it or submits a clarification to avoid further escalation or undue mileage the other party might gain over the statement.

Now i can not request SLS to submit a statement because its his right and no one can find fault with him for not clarifying as i stated in that same thread.

Thereafter everyone knows the sequence of events.

I will leave the rest at there and we all should consider the matter is closed.

I am very much obliged to tender a public apology if GMNet & SLS felt both were offended due to my actions followed after the initial post.

Hope this clears the bad air

Shark

8I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:19 pm

skyfall

Aney Shark where's GMnet? Some of his predictions were truly amazing and missed his comments on here badly.

Any chance you can bring him here pls?

9I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:22 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

If all of us in Colombo, I would invite SLS GMnet & Sstar for Dinner and iron out all issues..........  Very Happy  
But i am patrolling abudhabi arabian sea territory

Far away
Shark

10I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:23 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

skyfall wrote:Aney Shark where's GMnet? Some of his predictions were truly amazing and missed his comments on here badly.

Him Or Her 

Confused 
SHARK  scratch

11I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 pm

monash

monash

I logged into this forum last month after about 1 year. I was fedup with promotions. Even now i can see lot of people promoting shares by giving unrealistic targets within time period. But when i asked about it publicly. Moderator Shark told me that they are following handsfree approach and nothing wrong with people posting with target prices.

I am asking do they even bother to give a reason? Just cut and paste their portfolio and promoting. As a person being in stock market and this forum for many years i can figure out which posts are promotions, who are promoters and which are neutral posts and worth reading. But if moderators justifying promoters what will happen to newcomers?? Those kind of posts simply misleading inexperience traders of market. Seems to be forum policies also changed now.

Looks like something happened during the time i stopped visting this forum. By the way what happened to valuable senior members such as Slstock, smallville, traderhome, chinwi, d.g. dayaratna etc.? This forum surely miss their valuable posts.

12I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Hi monash
nice see you after your long break.
The forum went through some changes ... Forum elections etc.

We have a New President (Admin) - Jiggysaurus - you must be knowing him
VP (Formerly) Co-admin 2 positions SStar & me (Shark A.ka. TAH or TraderAtHome)
Few Moderators - StockGuru,Hello,Econ

Previous Admins & Mods have left the forum and joined some where else.

13I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:34 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Monash,

The Forum should be for all and not for one section to degrade the other over his or her method of Investments.

I am of the opinion with Education we bring in professionalism and Holistic approach to Investments in CSE. Members would then know what are promotional and what are genuine value investments methods.

We need both methods and leave it to the individual member to decide what method he wants to apply.

This is not easy to have technical knowledge and fundamental approach. Things will take time but rest is assured that extreme promotion tactics are controlled. And we will advise all members to be cautious and play safe.

Slowly but surely we will get there, at the same time it is incumbent upon us who were here before to go full throttle educating and posting articles of value and advise to guide the Newbies.

People like You, Mark, Worthiness, Dhan, Jonta999 can play a major role in this.

Mekata kiyanne Udugam bala pinanawa kiyala "Swimming Against the Tide"

please join us in this effort to educate all innocent members and retailers.

Best regards
SHARK

14I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:51 pm

skyfall

SHARK wrote:
skyfall wrote:Aney Shark where's GMnet? Some of his predictions were truly amazing and missed his comments on here badly.

Him Or Her 

Confused 
SHARK  scratch

May be a lady b from Bangkok. But he's brilliant.

Shark do you have his contact info. If so please ask GMnet come back to the forum.

15I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:54 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

So we have followers every where .....

I am sure GMNet will be around ..... to give expert comments  Laughing

16I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:56 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Surely you can send a PM

17I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:36 am

thighrokker

SHARK wrote:Dear jonta999

Shark

හතර බීරි කතා

18I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:26 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

thighrokker wrote:
SHARK wrote:Dear jonta999

Shark

හතර බීරි කතා
 tongue tongue tongue 

19I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:34 am

Meman

jonta999 wrote:So called Gumnet is promoting crap here and trying to ban the original people.

This Gmnet man or woman is same as Sstar. Same person operating the two accounts. Looking at past few month posts anyone can see it. Specially the note to members post that was locked now. Me not bothered just saying because they talk of ethics but do something else.

20I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:03 am

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Jonta, I had no choice but to ban you for promoting other forums. Considearing the circumstances I banned you only for 1 day.

21I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:15 am

thighrokker

Sstar wrote:Jonta, I had no choice but to ban you for promoting other forums. Considearing the circumstances I banned you only for 1 day.

Since this forum is about stock market, discussing sources of stock market info is not promotion.

22I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:53 am

Sstar

Sstar

Meman wrote:

This Gmnet man or woman is same as Sstar. Same person operating the two accounts. Looking at past few month posts anyone can see it. Specially the note to members post that was locked now. Me not bothered just saying because they talk of ethics but do something else.

According to some members SHARK and Sstar is also the same person. Please do not accuse members without proof.

23I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:20 am

monash

monash

SHARK wrote:Hi monash
nice see you after your long break.
The forum went through some changes ... Forum elections etc.

We have a New President (Admin) - Jiggysaurus - you must be knowing him
VP (Formerly) Co-admin 2 positions SStar & me (Shark A.ka. TAH or TraderAtHome)
Few Moderators - StockGuru,Hello,Econ

Previous Admins & Mods have left the forum and joined some where else.

Haha Jiggy.. of course i have been knowing him Razz
Anyway congrats to all new people who elected. Looks like i have missed alot.. Razz

Shark only today i got to know you are TAH!  Very Happy congrats on your new role.. But keep up your good work on charts Wink look forward for your regular updates on harmonic pattern thread Very Happy

I just expressed my view on promotions behalf of immature retailers. I don't care much since i know who are promoters. .

Wish you all the best to keep up quality and reliability of this forum.. Smile

24I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:45 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Meman wrote:

Meman,
Some like to see certain matters drag on for eternal, like the beggers wound. I have been trying to explain clarify it seem that you have already made up your mind on certain issues and its already fixated and no body can change though. Your unfounded allegations that Sstar & GMNet are nothing but malicious attempt to bring down the forum to low level. These tactics are used to deter our advance in educating Newcomers and Present membership to invest better with inline our vision for the next 12-24 months.
So that some would indulge in such nothing but petty issues over and over to waste our time to reply on baseless allegations.
Is this the professionalism you advocate to bring in.

These constant bickerings must end and we need to move forward, looking beyond what is already a closed matter.

So please do not bring in new wild allegations because it creates negativity and does not take us anywhere either.

We are striving to uphold professionalism in what we do here.

Me & Star have become systematically the latest targets.

This new journey we have embarked upon as i stated yesterday will continue and we will educate to empower the membeship with knowledge and skill they require to better invest their money.

We need to create the next generation of leaders right now in a smoothway so that transition become seamless from existing to the new group.

I hope you will be there in that list and you are some one who can achieve quite easily, just that your focus need to be align to see beyond what you see right now.

I hope i did not sound sarcastic, if you were felt offended please it is not with any bad intention i had to write.But to highlight my concern as someone who loves this forum.

Good luck
SHARK

25I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:07 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

thighrokker wrote:
Sstar wrote:Jonta, I had no choice but to ban you for promoting other forums. Considearing the circumstances I banned you only for 1 day.

Since this forum is about stock market, discussing sources of stock market info is not promotion.
really when did another forum become a source ..... we had professionals from another planet advocating a mere copy paste is as highly unethical i am not refering to Jonta999 statement, and to suit your definition you say sharing sources are not promotions. dont you think its double standards.

Lots of copy paste things happening else where (somewher in the cyberspace), the so called experts of opinions are silent in this case ......  silent 

This is the true nature of our so called experts preaching us professionalism. My Foot  Twisted Evil 

Thank you but No thank you for twisted professionalism.

Thank y

SHARK

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum