FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Touchwood Case Review

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Unofficial information that the expected Touchwood case against Sri Lanka Accounting and Auditing Standards Monitoring Board(SLAASMB) next hearing will be on 26th May 2011. Yes everyone looking the favorable outcome. Today, there are rumors that outcome will be favorable to the company and some brokers recommend to buy at current price. I could see some collection (about 820,000 shares) was made @ 23.60 levels.

I just did some research on the Touchwood Case. It looks like decision will be favorable to company. (This is not a promotion, just merely to getting your views. To be honest I do not have TWOD shares at the moment.)

We all know about the case related to the valuation of biological assets. I extracted some facts from SLAASMB website of case information to start from beginning.

The Sri Lanka Accounting and Auditing Standards Monitoring Board has determined that the estimates of fair value of biological assets used by Touchwood Investments Limited in its financial statements for the years ended 31 March 2005 and 31 March 2006 are clearly unreliable. The Company has also not been able to provide the Board with any other estimates which are reliable. Further, the method of valuation used for the year ended 31 March 2005 was not in accordance with International Accounting Standard, IAS 41 Agriculture, which the company has purportedly adopted.

As the company has purportedly adopted International Accounting Standard, IAS 41 Agriculture, the Board has concluded that the biological assets should have been valued at a value which approximates cost in accordance with paragraph 24 (b) of IAS 41 or at cost less accumulated impairment in accordance with paragraph 30 of IAS 41. Based on such valuation the company would not show a net profit for the relevant financial periods.

As the impact on the financial statements is substantial the Board has decided to refer the non-compliance to the Attorney General. The Board has also decided to investigate the compliance with auditing standards by the auditors in relation to the audit of the financial statements of the Company.

Based on the above information I can see in the absence of Sri Lanka Accounting Standards, company uses International Accounting Standards 41, Agriculture for the valuation of biological assets. But SLAASMB argument is that estimates of fair value of the biological assets in not accordance with IAS 41 and the financial statements are unreliable.

Further I have received BASL News Letter (Bar Association) of December 2010, there talked about some legal judgment (I attached the newsletter in our research forum http://research.srilankaequity.com/t96-touchwood-case-basl-bar-association-news-letter-judgement-views , refer page 4 for the Touchwood case). There they briefed about the case and given their views. Based on that, Board had not statutory power to challenge the valuation of the Petitioner on non compliance with IAS 41.

Further company received the Certificate of Compliance by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka for the Annual Report Awards 2010. This certificates covers the CSR, Financial, Presentation and Compliance. Therefore, this reveals that the company practice in valuing biological assets in accordance with IAS 41 as the certificated awarded by ICASL which is the statutory for setting the Accounting Standards

Followings extract from Touchwood website

Certificate Of Compliance

January 24th 2011

We are proud to announce that our Sri Lankan office, Touchwood Investments PLC has been awarded the “CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE” by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka for the Annual Report Awards 2010 - at the ceremony held on 7th December 2010.

This award is granted by the Inst. of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka every year. They evaluate and grant awards in key areas such as - CSR, Financials, presentation, compliance, etc.

This certificate emphasizes that all requirements are being met in order for us to achieve our goals and serve our investors with industry leading standards.

For the year to come Touchwood Investments PLC has its goals set on the CSR awards to be handed out in the 2011 ceremony.

Thank you to all our accounting and administration staff who made the award possible.

http://www.touchwood.com/news/certificate-compliance

So Guys, Based on the above information and facts, to me the decision would be favorable to company. How do you all look into that..

Pls Share ur thoughts and views

Share this post on: reddit

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:31 pm by TuskerLK

mono wrote:
hybrid_OS wrote:So finally are we to conclude that there will be a good run on this share until the court case is finalized on 18/07/2011?

Looks like the profits have been toned down by the management for some reason or another as a huge provision for expenses has been made. I am not sure that the final audited accounts might be better after the court case.

Profits have gone up from 331mn to 426mn.

Then how come the EPS gone up from 4 rupees to 11 rupees ( I couldn't dig into the reports)

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 pm by Fresher

tinyman - there was a 1:1 rights issue anda 4:1 subdiision last year.

EPS of 4.68 is the earnings adjusted to the present no. of shares (71mil)
EPS of 11.52 as I understood should hav been calculated with the weighted average no. of shares

btw, is that kumar sangakkara in that top20 list?

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:20 pm by Monster

npp wrote:tinyman - there was a 1:1 rights issue anda 4:1 subdiision last year.

EPS of 11.52 as I understood should hav been calculated with the weighted average no. of shares

Interesting, it seems Kumar Chokshanada Sangakkara is in the top 20 share holder list

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm by Chabbi

Monster wrote:
npp wrote:tinyman - there was a 1:1 rights issue anda 4:1 subdiision last year.

Interesting, it seems Kumar Chokshanada Sangakkara is in the top 20 share holder list

Yesterday night i also noticed Very Happy

may be from IPL money Very Happy

npc86

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:54 pm by npc86

npp wrote:

He has selected nice investment...!

jocolor

Rocky

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:51 am by Rocky

npc86 wrote:
npp wrote:

jocolor

Hope this investment is not dead wood or dry rot does not effect it. certainly not.
What I meant about "Toned down profits" is that the profits should have been higher than which were declared. The profits have increased.

These Accountants and the Management really misguide the public. See what CSEC did.

rijayasooriya

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:58 pm by rijayasooriya

hybrid_OS wrote:
npc86 wrote:
npp wrote:

jocolor

Hope this investment is not dead wood or dry rot does not effect it. certainly not.
What I meant about "Toned down profits" is that the profits should have been higher than which were declared. The profits have increased.

These Accountants and the Management really misguide the public. See what CSEC did.

Please misguid us in the way of increasing the price of share....I have stucked in this share for last eight months and have already lost lot of money.

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:25 pm by seyon

rijayasooriya wrote:
hybrid_OS wrote:
npc86 wrote:
npp wrote:

jocolor

Please misguid us in the way of increasing the price of share....I have stucked in this share for last eight months and have already lost lot of money.

I do not give any recommendation to buy or sell shares, Just i have done some research on TWOD and posted here, I do not have any single share since from last year.

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 pm by seyon

Today the Touchwood is slowly collected @ Rs.27.. The next rally is about to start from land and property sector

stumpy

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:47 pm by stumpy

How do you know that brother!

Even I did Razz

But I don't believe in rallies, pure technicals at work Very Happy

Chabbi

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm by Chabbi

stumpy wrote:How do you know that brother!

Even I did Razz

U knw mate i do both whn doing buying i luk @ Tech & rally Smile

but i think rally r better thn tech ... two days back... there was buying signal from CFT day befor yesterday ... i juss refer Bolinger band thr was signal ...so i bought.. but aftr tht it start to collapse.. unfortunately i bought thm on credit ... monday wanna take decision .... sell on loss or paying thm Sad

in BB it touched lower band too ......... Sad y this kind of things happens ??

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:06 pm by JennyFunny

yea i have a feeling rally is coming sometime next week..technicals also looking good..

stumpy

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:27 pm by stumpy

@Chabbi: Chk out ur PM Wink

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:25 pm by seyon

Chabbi wrote:

Even I did Razz

but i think rally r better thn tech ... two days back... there was buying signal from CFT day befor yesterday ... i juss refer Bolinger band thr was signal ...so i bought.. but aftr tht it start to collapse.. unfortunately i bought thm on credit ... monday wanna take decision .... sell on loss or paying thm Sad

Yes these kind speculative stocks ( even most of the stocks in CSE) are in the hand of some persons who only decide the buying signal and selling signal, not technical analysis.

Chabbi

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:11 am by Chabbi

seyon wrote:
Chabbi wrote:

Even I did Razz

Yes these kind speculative stocks ( even most of the stocks in CSE) are in the hand of some persons who only decide the buying signal and selling signal, not technical analysis.

Yeah seyon Smile ur correct Smile

@ Stumpy ...... Thnx alot mate Smile Ur very much helpful Very Happy

prabuddaka

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:14 pm by prabuddaka

These articles and reviews are very much suitable who are thinking about TWOD now.

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:52 pm by kam2011

seyon wrote:
Chabbi wrote:

Even I did Razz

Yes. We have to be alert on all other factors exept for fundamentals these days.It is wonderful. But that is the btruth.

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 pm by rizjiji

TWOD price going up is unavoidable due to the court case on 18th July. ( We've gotten used to this pattern now.) But at what point will it stop? What is the maximum price you'll pay to buy a TWOD share?

MarketResearch

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:00 pm by MarketResearch

rizjiji wrote:TWOD price going up is unavoidable due to the court case on 18th July. ( We've gotten used to this pattern now.) But at what point will it stop? What is the maximum price you'll pay to buy a TWOD share?

Until this Court case finishes we can not trust TWOD.

this court case like "kamalakka innakan apita pol kanna wenne ne" kathawa wage

Court case eka tiyena kan TWOD no chance.

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:26 pm by rizjiji

MarketResearch wrote:
rizjiji wrote:TWOD price going up is unavoidable due to the court case on 18th July. ( We've gotten used to this pattern now.) But at what point will it stop? What is the maximum price you'll pay to buy a TWOD share?

Until this Court case finishes we can not trust TWOD.

this court case like "kamalakka innakan apita pol kanna wenne ne" kathawa wage

Court case eka tiyena kan TWOD no chance.

Very true... But we are almost certain (BASED ON HISTORICAL EVENTS) that the prices would go up at-least temporarily. So are you suggesting that we should ignore and not maximize this opportunity.

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:46 pm by Rajaraam

I tyried to copy some data with regard to today Touchwood share transaction. But not successful. Anyway today over 1.1 mn shares were traded up to 27.40 level. This indicates buying preasure and tommorow price would hit 30.00 I believe.

smallville

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 pm by smallville

I witnessed some buying pressure building up for last 4 days.. may be that pushed the price up..However with these talks of TWOD winning the case and stuff it can go pass 30.. regardless of the fact whether TWOD win it or not there are enuf parties to buy this above 30 even Wink
I must say technically its on the good side but this is not a buy recommendation..

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 pm by seyon

smallville wrote:I witnessed some buying pressure building up for last 4 days.. may be that pushed the price up..However with these talks of TWOD winning the case and stuff it can go pass 30.. regardless of the fact whether TWOD win it or not there are enuf parties to buy this above 30 even Wink
I must say technically its on the good side but this is not a buy recommendation..

Yes, absolutely u are right. buying pressure is slowly building up for the run. I am very much sure that before the court case the price will be shoot up with rumor that out come would be favorable, So , if we want, we can exit from reasonable profit in the first run ( before the court case) or other option to wait till outcome is released. I plan to be in both run ( in-case outcome is going to be favorable)

Pls update ur tech analysis of TWOD.

m2_yapa

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:09 am by m2_yapa

i am planing to exit at 32 level on 7th may be.

Marketinvest

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:15 am by Marketinvest

My target is set at 35 but if buying pressure falls will exit before that

Marketinvest

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 am by Marketinvest

Is their any possibility the hearing to be postponed again and if so is their way we get to know it before hand

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 am by seyon

smallville wrote:I witnessed some buying pressure building up for last 4 days.. may be that pushed the price up..However with these talks of TWOD winning the case and stuff it can go pass 30.. regardless of the fact whether TWOD win it or not there are enuf parties to buy this above 30 even Wink

Small

Can u upload the tech chart of TWOD with ur comments, this must be great useful for these days.

Thanks

mono

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 pm by mono

i expect this to be a cash cow, provided the win the court case. IF TWOD wins the case this will go to 70+

lbnnirmal

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 pm by lbnnirmal

mono wrote:i expect this to be a cash cow, provided the win the court case. IF TWOD wins the case this will go to 70+
How could u tell like this ??? Wt r d evidence 2 tell like dat??

mono

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:57 pm by mono

lbnnirmal wrote:
mono wrote:i expect this to be a cash cow, provided the win the court case. IF TWOD wins the case this will go to 70+
How could u tell like this ??? Wt r d evidence 2 tell like dat??

EPS 7+, NAVPS 40+.

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum