FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000)

+238
Equity Suda
Beta1
wisdom79
KavinduTM
kasun_gimhana
BANDB
chandike73
samaritan
ThilinaM
sricap
hammurabi
bhanu
4Corners
sameboy
wbslstocks
Trader123
Invest2018
CITIZEN
Arrowrisk
nuwanmja
Kaish86
Ahcha
samansilva
THE GLADIATOR
rukshan1234
Aruna Chandana
Hewagak
Capton KIng Cool
Cricketman
Teller
ruwa
Roshan Fernando
easthetic
Miss-Sangeetha
Bdcdman
ChooBoy
AmalHoole
Enoka Fernandez
Uaecoindubai
Lucky Gamage
TuTanKaman
Yahapalanaya
Chanaka303
Winner123
glad
ehele90
Eugine Fernando
karuna2
ranferdi
charithaa
gobinath55555
thankrishan
dmtmadusanka
Dr_CSE
sanjulanka
NCC
equityhunter
ruwan326
Pethi
hettdas
WARREN BSL
sureshot
anges
cse1981
LANKAN LION
Thushara Ayya
NZ BOY
KDDND
dhanurrox
Chutta
sandunj
Bond
sanju351
Belgrade
stockback
Gaja
Marketinvest
Hawk Eye
Kumar
Newcomer1
amilaela
yellow knife
bakapandithaya
MarketResearch
jaya_trader
Roshana
wiser
cweerakoon
Antonym
pathfinder
gayannadeeka
donj91
tpr1983
FALCON
Fresher
NimeshaJK
laka
Universalgoal
natsume
alexcardo
kelum
kav4
MJ
Sam2020
dishii
pradeeptha_007
Dr.Bubble
san1985
MY MONEY
SuGi
sandanuwan
Panduka1988
Rajaraam
dahamsiri
prbath
kaka
STOCK HUNTER
banarahu
assandamali
rcharindu
Roshan De Saram
shihan
kelumhewage
SS
peresanjeewa@gmail.com
ABEST
manula
gajaman pro
arrowms
mrmrehan
themask
money 004
VertexCSE
investor1984
Trend
Tradespot
Has_90
Jana1
Roboticfx
aero
UKboy
asigiriyage
karu
Thushara
chamarahs
ONTHEMONEY
m2_yapa
DJ solo
bulletproof
virajith
godswen
STOX
xmart
eeyohan
thambi
Market.Player
opfdo
Namalaka
Genting
FIRE123
Nigel.Machado
Think9
RichDad
suddera
Market Sucker
ranjanie
player
Kinm hunter
chandika91
Tiger
Auther
uditha9
ROHAN
dashika rebekani
nahsuk
nahor
sperera
real maker
sajeethk
windi5
Great.Stocks
prabashk
RIO
mingo23
PGNN
kumaramcr
chamil
ISURU
maddu
damunu
rush
mark
xhora
ssb
vacna
aladdin
Capt
rijayasooriya
bettersrilanka
JennyFunny
smallville
stockanalytic
StocksWatch
Leo_pold
yoyo
invest123
Quibit
wappula
raa
abra12
glwking
rajendran1989
hunter
tkc
ha_na
wikum100
salimts
TuskerLK
Monster
Paypal
milanka
SL.Market
npc86
investsri
gann
Rocky
higanakolla
kam2011
stoka
innam
kuk83
cse.alpha
ControlFreak
econ
tubal
Slstock
mono
Chinwi
242 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

EAST price went down very low in comparison to others in the market. They announced a rights issue in order to expand in warehouse business.

There is an interesting advertisement in Today's Sunday Observer P96.
LAND WANTED FOR HOTEL RELATED PROJECTS
Colombo - H'tota beachfront
Land area 1-3 Acres

East West Properties PLC 0777 306 888

Over to you members. Is this a sign to be vigilant ?
Note: I bought few 1000 EAST many months ago still holding 1/2 of it. with a little loss.

Last edited by CHRONICLE™ on Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : format condensed)

Dhanushka Peiris dislikes this post

2EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:18 pm

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics

hmm...

it seems everyone and thier mother is trying open a hotel in sri lanka

3EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Chinwi,
If you look at EAST EPS it is higher than its counterparts in the sector ( ex CLND, OSEA etc). If I recall right their 9 Month Eps is about Rs 0.9. So even if we say that their annualized Eps is Rs 1 , this share can be worth atleast Rs 15 isn't it. So I believe this is undervalued. Also when the rights come to market though big , the dilution won;t be that big as each right will add Rs 10.

I guess this is a medium to long term share as the reap the benefits of their project can take time. Last years BTW east gave Rs 1 dividend. I has a small number of East shares.

tubal

mono wrote:hmm...

And it begs the question whether the hotels are such goods buys as everyone thinks they are.

mono

mono

tubal wrote:

And it begs the question whether the hotels are such goods buys as everyone thinks they are.

for a trader the hotels are a good buy for investor i'm not so sure. i get the feeling a few brokerages are going to pull another manufactured rally in the hotel sector if a couple of these hotels start showing profits.

econ

econ
Global Moderator

yeah.. seems every company try to build hotels..
i saw siera is also going to build hotels.. laugf gas also has hotels .. wonder why Rich also go for hotels near future?..

ControlFreak

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Rich may go for hotel boutiques. That's the trend nowadays.
In fact why would any business type keep bare land which can be made productive use for other purposes?

There was an invitation by some SOG to accomadate the over flow of tourists who are expected in 2011 by opening out their excess homes , bungalows and guest houses. I am sure plantations owned by RICH would have such Directors fun houses all over the place and when not occupied they can be used for tourism.

cse.alpha

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

EAST - Asset revaluation - Announcement to CSE on 28th March 2011

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8371301287751_.pdf

EAST has 34.6 m shares in issue, with 104 m rights pending

9EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:52 am

kuk83

kuk83
Manager - Equity Analytics

Hmmmmmmmmm

looks attractive. .... its assets has increased by nearly 80%.

10EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:15 am

Chinwi

Chinwi

Last date for EAST rights is 4th April.

( 3 for 1 @ 10/-)

Timely action of marketing. BTW, it is good they disclose this now. .

Many years ago a company disclosed this type of thing after the closing date . Many did not pay for the rights as the book value was very low.

11EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:29 am

innam

innam

as chinwi says nice marketing job for the rights. an ubiased observer would say that this is slightly manipulative of management to do the revaulation now in the midst of the rights and not a year ago or even a month ago.
but as a minority shareholder i can't complain as we may see further moves in future to boost the share price.

12EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:26 pm

stoka

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Valuation of land/property assets are pretty subjective.

13EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:06 pm

kam2011

Any way its not artificial.It is the real value of the assets. then what's wrong?

14EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Is it ok to buy EAST? Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 am

higanakolla

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Today is the last day for EAST.R
Is it ok to buy EAST?

15EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Rocky

Rocky

The value of land is the problem.
Who can tell whether the valuation is not high.

16EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:21 pm

tubal

If you really want to buy EAST, why don't you buy some EAST.R ? East is now trading at 10.70 while while R is at 0.3 the conversion price is 10. So you get a 0.40 discount.

17EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Rocky

Rocky

End of the day, I am not too sure that the share price will escalate. Especially after the dilution.

18EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:29 pm

gann

gann

tubal wrote:If you really want to buy EAST, why don't you buy some EAST.R ? East is now trading at 10.70 while while R is at 0.3 the conversion price is 10. So you get a 0.40 discount.

@tubal,
Wow you are the biggest bear in the forum. I didnt expect you to give out a buy suggestion in million years !!!
lol! lol! lol!

PS: just kidding

19EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:34 pm

tubal

gann wrote:
tubal wrote:If you really want to buy EAST, why don't you buy some EAST.R ? East is now trading at 10.70 while while R is at 0.3 the conversion price is 10. So you get a 0.40 discount.

@tubal,
Wow you are the biggest bear in the forum. I didnt expect you to give out a buy suggestion in million years !!!
lol! lol! lol!

PS: just kidding

Duke will be mighty offended that you called me and not him the biggest bear :-)
Anyway, I am not really making a buy recommendation, I am saying choose the rights instead of the N. Later in the day rights dropped to 20 cents and N was at 10.90 that's a 70 cent gain

20EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty East right conversion Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:26 am

investsri

Stock Trader

As it seems friday is the last trading day for east.r
and we need pay 10 per each on or before monday.

I buy 20000 east.r thinking of conversion but i do not have any application to fill
what should i do now?

pls help

21EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty East right conversion Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:34 am

investsri

Stock Trader

As it seems friday is the last trading day for east.r
and we need pay 10 per each on or before monday.

I buy 20000 east.r thinking of conversion but i do not have any application to fill
what should i do now?

pls help

22EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:58 am

kam2011

Pl. speak to your Broker. You can pay broker and he will settle the amount to the EAST. Pl. contact broker Monday morning withot fail.

23EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:41 am

npc86

npc86

After revaluation of their properties, with the fundamental factors this counter should @14 level. May run or I may be wrong..

24EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty Re: EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:23 am

investsri

Stock Trader

thnks a lot kam2011.you did a great help

25EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000) Empty EAST - At a discount? Thu May 12, 2011 4:20 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market

I have noticed the collecting from 10.3 level.. i also collected it below 10.50 for last two week time...

Soon I know this will trade above 12.00....

Happy Trading..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum