FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why buying EXPO now is risky for Retailers !!!!

+14
cseguide
ONTHEMONEY
Gowri123
D.G.Dayaratne
samaritan
Kipling
bizstock
Dilip
Banuka
cpriya
Captain
mah2903
Kratos
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Kratos

Manager - Equity Analytics

Given that EXPO target is 450 if you buy at 400 whom are you going to sell at 450.

Who will buy at 450???

Also the current price already reflects the forecasted earnings and hence once the report comes there won’t be much further room for improvement. 

Currently trading at a high PE multiple. 

Only HNWIs who want to invest will hold for longterm. All other HNWIs has already reduced or in the process of reducing their holding to live to the various fast moving and solid counters such as VONE, HAYL, LOLC and Browns Group, Tiles Sector etc. 

Retailers should be very cautious.

Intrinsicvalue dislikes this post

mah2903

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Joker backed to stage with magical 450  Why buying EXPO now is risky for Retailers !!!! 1f600  Why buying EXPO now is risky for Retailers !!!! 1f600

Captain

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Kratos wrote:Given that EXPO target is 450 if you buy at 400 whom are you going to sell at 450.

Who will buy at 450???

Also the current price already reflects the forecasted earnings and hence once the report comes there won’t be much further room for improvement. 

Only HNWIs who want to invest will hold for longterm. All other HNWIs has already reduced or in the process of reducing their holding to live to the various fast moving and solid counters such as VONE, HAYL, LOLC and Browns Group, Tiles Sector etc. 

You should be invest in some part of your investment as LT or MT investment EXPO is the Best then RCL, VONE, HAYL.... Invest further part in Stocks like CLC, LOFC etc. which having ability give you a sudden hain and also keep few cash in hand for investing in IPO's. 

Then you should not wory about market sentiment too much.

cpriya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Problem is NOT "Why buying EXPO now is risky for Retailers" - 
Problem is "WHY THIS MAN/WOMAN TRYING ALL HIS GUTS TO MANUPULATE DIRECTION OF EXPO?"
If you guys check out his previous comments on this forum, you will see how hard this guy is trying to convince everyone to stay away from EXPO. 
All counters are risky. Investors should decide if they will stick to risky shares or not. 
Risky or not, Dollar-earning companies will rule the bourse in the coming months. We all know EXPO is one of them. So my friend, වැඩ නැත්තන් තියන දෙයක් කාල පැත්තකට වෙලා හිටිය නන් සනීපයි නෙ?
FYI, I entered EXPO at 35-40 range and I have no intentions to leave the room yet.

Captain and Kipling like this post

Banuka

Banuka
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Scaremongering is the game. Ignore these guys that they know nothing. They have no credibility and just doomsday predictors.

Captain, Kipling and Intrinsicvalue like this post

Kratos

As evident above most of the people who still promote EXPO are ones who hold for long term who has bought at very low levels. Who have already profited and has minimum risk. 

This caution is for new retail investors who is planning to enter fresh at current levels.

EXPO was the best stock in 2020-2021. Not anymore. 

There are various other stocks that are more lucrative now and stable.

cpriya and Intrinsicvalue dislike this post

Dilip

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Kratos wrote:Given that EXPO target is 450 if you buy at 400 whom are you going to sell at 450.

Who will buy at 450???

Dilip

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

cpriya wrote:Problem is NOT "Why buying EXPO now is risky for Retailers" - 
Problem is "WHY THIS MAN/WOMAN TRYING ALL HIS GUTS TO MANUPULATE DIRECTION OF EXPO?"
If you guys check out his previous comments on this forum, you will see how hard this guy is trying to convince everyone to stay away from EXPO. 
All counters are risky. Investors should decide if they will stick to risky shares or not. 
Risky or not, Dollar-earning companies will rule the bourse in the coming months. We all know EXPO is one of them. So my friend, වැඩ නැත්තන් තියන දෙයක් කාල පැත්තකට වෙලා හිටිය නන් සනීපයි නෙ?
FYI, I entered EXPO at 35-40 range and I have no intentions to leave the room yeFurther
Further he joined only last month (Join date : 2021-12-10) only to demean good counters, specially EXPO

cpriya, Kipling, Intrinsicvalue and 0767000279 like this post

Banuka

Banuka
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

These guys are agents of LOLC. Now there is a race that LOLC to become 1 trillion company by passing Expo. Instead of pumping LOLC (as they pumped NIFL, CLC and LOFC) they are trying to down grade Expo. Why they worry about retailers? Motive is clear.

Kipling and Dilip like this post

Stock Trader

If CBSL allow to float to florigen currency. EXPO earnings and other dollar counter earnings will multiple. please don't try to panic or misleading the new investors. Misleading is one thing education is another thin.

Kipling, mah2903 and Gowri123 like this post

Captain

https://www.drewry.co.uk/supply-chain-advisors/supply-chain-expertise/world-container-index-assessed-by-drewry

Kratos

Better to book profits and move to more stable counters such as HAYL (significant export earnings with logistics) and VONE (significant earnings from subsidiaries in import substitution industries)

bizstock

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Suppose this guy is a Lunatic.

Kipling

Expert
Expert

There is no free lunch. What is the agenda????

samaritan

Once the collection target is achieved buzzing will subside and market forces will come into play. It seems collection target achieved!Why buying EXPO now is risky for Retailers !!!! Icon_lol

Lot to do with Artificial Intelligence.Why buying EXPO now is risky for Retailers !!!! Icon_lol

mah2903 likes this post

Kratos

HNWIs may try to pump up the price to dump on the retailers thereafter in smaller quantities. 

If you are a retailer be cautious when entering fresh at these levels.

Everyone who is trying to pump already has significant amounts at very low levels hence even if they buy high to pump their  total average will always be way below the market level and they can exit anytime after dumping on retailers after creating a rally. 

Only longterm holders should enter at the current level.

Not for retailers for short or medium term trading.

samaritan

So, collection not over. PCR test still positive.Why buying EXPO now is risky for Retailers !!!! Icon_lol

This may continue for about a week until release of quarterly results. After that PCR negative and MMIA (man missing in action).Why buying EXPO now is risky for Retailers !!!! Icon_lol

Kipling and Biggy like this post

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Export do not pay resalable dividend

I think NO ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT without payment of dividends

If they pay reasonable dividend there will be a cashflow problem.

Will EXPO face internal crisis very soon ?

Pl correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

Captain and Intrinsicvalue dislike this post

Gowri123

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

First this guy said...Expo is stuck, so exit and move to fast moving counters...now when its starts to move...he is crying that HNWIs are pumping to dump....this guy is crazy 😂😂😂

Kipling and mah2903 like this post

ONTHEMONEY

D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Export do not pay resalable dividend

Hi mate, 

I am writing after so long in e forum

Anyways, just wanted to shed light about EXPO

#EXPO is PHENOMENAL CO. benefits largely on;

1. C19 & supply shortage 
2. Light asset & quick ROI 
3. M&A 
4. Increased E-COM demand 
5. USD/LKR depreciation(92%< earnings in USD
6. Low operational risk since EXPO in 30+ countries 
7. No IMPACT on POWER CUTS

In today’s business world, things are really uncertain. In EXPOs business model, It’s not the broken supply chain, it’s who can triumph over the broken supply chain. Now the C19 OMICRON spread has hit a NEW HIGH GLOBALLY 

Furthermore, EXPO is a company exploited GLOBAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES better than any other BLUE CHIPS in CSE just by OPERATING in LIGHT ASSET AGILE business model 

#EXPOs SCALABILITY is HIGH to achieve ANY AMOUNT of PROFITS IMO

DIVIDENDs are low in GROWTH CO. mostly as they allocate FUNDS for NEW INVESTMENTS enhancing business performance. (Ex: AMAZON, GOOGLE) EXPO is a similar company continuously ACQUIRING to GROW to explore opportunities. Additionally, one can expect a DIVIDEND after the FY is over most probably.

Hence I believe you’re judgment completely wrong

Good Luck

Note - NOT a BUY | SELL or HOLD RECOMMENDATION. DYOA before making an investment decision

Berryfund, Captain, Kipling, Nandun, Mithooshan, Bakkabwoi, mah2903 and Gowri123 like this post

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

ONTHEMONEY wrote:
D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Export do not pay resalable dividend

Hi mate, 

I am writing after so long in e forum

Anyways, just wanted to shed light about EXPO

#EXPO is PHENOMENAL CO. benefits largely on;

1. C19 & supply shortage 
2. Light asset & quick ROI 
3. M&A 
4. Increased E-COM demand 
5. USD/LKR depreciation(92%< earnings in USD
6. Low operational risk since EXPO in 30+ countries 
7. No IMPACT on POWER CUTS

In today’s business world, things are really uncertain. In EXPOs business model, It’s not the broken supply chain, it’s who can triumph over the broken supply chain. Now the C19 OMICRON spread has hit a NEW HIGH GLOBALLY 

Furthermore, EXPO is a company exploited GLOBAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES better than any other BLUE CHIPS in CSE just by OPERATING in LIGHT ASSET AGILE business model 

#EXPOs SCALABILITY is HIGH to achieve ANY AMOUNT of PROFITS IMO

DIVIDENDs are low in GROWTH CO. mostly as they allocate FUNDS for NEW INVESTMENTS enhancing business performance. (Ex: AMAZON, GOOGLE) EXPO is a similar company continuously ACQUIRING to GROW to explore opportunities. Additionally, one can expect a DIVIDEND after the FY is over most probably.

Hence I believe you’re judgment completely wrong

Good Luck

Note - NOT a BUY | SELL or HOLD RECOMMENDATION. DYOA before making an investment decision
My quantity in expo is intact. I have bought it and forget it. Because I have lots of faith on this company. I have never loose a single cent by investing this company. In addition to that If I feels good , I add some more expo in time to time.

Berryfund, dul324, Intrinsicvalue, Dilip and Gowri123 like this post

Kratos

As evident from above comments, People already holding low trying hard to get new retailers to enter to dump on them. 

Let the ones already in EXPO play around and average up or hold forever. 

New entrants be cautious. 

The most recent target price at best case scenario is Rs 550 for Financial year 2023. 

So if you want to get a mediocre return on investment at a high risk you can enter fresh at now. 

This caution is for new entrants only. 

Ones already having at low prices has no risk. 

Be careful. 

There are plenty of better moving stocks to invest now. 

Expo was the best performer last two years. 

Best to book profits and move to more profitable counters.

Kratos

Rs 550 target is for 2023 not for 2022. 

So you may get around 40% upside in over one year. 

Whereas investing in HAYL, VONE , Browns, LOLC Group, Plantations, Import Substituting Manufacturing Sectors etc can give you over 100% gains within one year.

New retail entrants be cautious!!!!!

Captain

Mithooshan wrote:Thanks to Kratos all seniors of the forum are united after so many months.

EPS, Captain, Onthemoney and Samaritan among others.

New entrants just know that Kratos himself is a new entrant. 😅🤣
Kartos noted that you have joined to the forum after expo staganate arround 370 to 400.

Ok guy you go with your list of shares.... we only just acknowledge our member here only how to get good investment decision.

Cma, Nandun, Mithooshan and mah2903 like this post

bkasun

Dogs Bark, but the caravan goes on..

EXPO also same.. Not only EXPO investors, but CSE too will elevate to new level by one and only EXPO

I reckon, EXPO is a global company and don't measure it at CSE level alone.

cseguide, Cma and mah2903 like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum