FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

නිමල් පෙරේරා “බොක්කෙන්ම” කතා කරයි

+27
manolanka
Sstar
kumudu
MarketSIRA
UKboy
ruwan49
kam2011
lokuayya
MarketResearch
econ
StocksWatch
Academic
MoneyLover
mono
cwij5252
Rajaraam
rukaa
duke
abc
Tiger
disha77
Pichchiya
smallville
rijayasooriya
swan03
pirate
ishnet
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

cwij5252

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Nimal we salute your bravery. Well done

mono

Vice President - Equity Analytics

why on earth are people appreciating what this guy is saying? All i get from his little tirade is that people like nimal will always have advantages in the current system, & the SEC dare not do anything to change this.

rijayasooriya

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

What he has done is not acceptable.
But he is not the only one doing such thing.
I do not think the real reason why authorities are going after him is insider dealing.It is the reason to justify their action.
This post is not to justify Nimal Perera's actions.

MoneyLover

Manager - Equity Analytics

So far I respected both Dhamikka (DP) & Nimal, but no more!

We should not respect people who publically difend "Insider-dealings/insider-information" which is a crime! .... I guess this is not a good news for DP too, as Nimal is his investor advisor.

SEC need to question from Nimal about his public statement, as he is in several boards of listed companies

eg.
If this is the Nimal's openion, as the MD/CEO of RCL, how can he take any action againest any RCL employee who leake sensitive information? Isn't it a directors responsibility? First, leader should be an example.

Academic

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

A fox who depends on carving outs of a tiger's hunting, said a flatulence (anal gas) that the tiger emitted smells sweet when other animals covered their noses

Last edited by Academic on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

MoneyLover wrote: I guess this is not a good news for DP too, as Nimal is his investor advisor.
මලකෙලියය්......!
වැලිබල් වන්ටත් කෙලවෙය්ද?

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

It is sad that a person like Nimal Perera (who is sitting in several director boards of reputed public companies in SL) is publicly trying to justify insider trading which is considered as a financial crime in most countries in the world.

It is even sad to see people coming forward to appreciate him for doing so!

MoneyLover

MoneyLover

rijayasooriya wrote:
MoneyLover wrote: I guess this is not a good news for DP too, as Nimal is his investor advisor.
මලකෙලියය්......!
වැලිබල් වන්ටත් කෙලවෙය්ද?

I don't think there will be negative effect to VONE and other stocks and I didn't mean either.

However, Nimal must be more responsible when talking in public about similar matters, as what he told was not par with a widely accepted principals. All we know, Nimal is the one who run the companies of DP, including VONE.

No locals, but foreigners for sure will take this as a negative factor (but don't worry foreigners are not active these days), however, if DP want to develop VONE as another respectable conglomarate like JKH... better keep Nimal little away from it.

mono

mono

to be fair to nimal. My general impression is that LFIN & RCL reports rarely get leaked. For example to LFIN came up with very good numbers today but there was no pre-publication rally.

Rajaraam

MoneyLover wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
මලකෙලියය්......!
වැලිබල් වන්ටත් කෙලවෙය්ද?

I don't think there will be negative effect to VONE and other stocks and I didn't mean either.

However, Nimal must be more responsible when talking in public about similar matters, as what he told was not par with a widely accepted principals. All we know, Nimal is the one who run the companies of DP, including VONE.

No locals, but foreigners for sure will take this as a negative factor (but don't worry foreigners are not active these days), however, if DP want to develop VONE as another respectable conglomarate like JKH... better keep Nimal little away from it.

yes, you are correct. I fully agree with you.

econ

econ
Global Moderator

This happens when unqualified,uneducated people who earn so much money and become directors of the company. They do not care about rules,ethics,regulations etc. they only care about the profits. this is same for politicians who govern the country.

MarketResearch

MarketResearch

econ wrote:This happens when unqualified,uneducated people who earn so much money and become directors of the company. They do not care about rules,ethics,regulations etc. they only care about the profits. this is same for politicians who govern the country.

All the Directors must be Educated?
The All Educated people must be Directors?
All uneducated people should not be Directors?

Academic

econ wrote:This happens when unqualified,uneducated people who earn so much money and become directors of the company. They do not care about rules,ethics,regulations etc. they only care about the profits. this is same for politicians who govern the country.

+ rep. This is visible especially when those "gentlemen" earn their initial wealth through unethical manner like gambling, manipulations etc. Though uneducated (formally) businessmen like Hettigoda-Sidhalepa, Hinni Appuhami- Maliban, Samson - DSI adhere/d to higher ethical standards. They are the real businessmen in Sri Lanaka.

What is the value created by someone for the economy who purchase something for 10 and selling it for 20. Real producers like above businessmen are real stars.

lokuayya

i saw in the English news item about this speech , he has stated that regulators and insiders are a closed knit community,and they talk freely about inside matters.(see sri lanka stockpicks web)
I like to hear what our regulators say about this.Do they deny it or accept it?

"Mewwata thamai kiyanne wetath niyarath goyam ka nam kaata kiyannada ea amaaruwa"

kam2011

lokuayya, I 100% agree with you. But be careful. There are few ppl here who get angry and start hammering when someone blames regulators and insiders.

mono

mono

That's utter nonsense. education or qualifications are never a substitute for virtue. both kotalawala & madoff were both qualified and at least in the later case highly educated.

ruwan49

ruwan49
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

how about JKH chairman............same caliber..but a good gentlement

MoneyLover

MoneyLover

ruwan49 wrote:how about JKH chairman............same caliber..but a good gentlement

I think we should not even compare with Nimal .....

We should not mix "Traders" with "Business Leaders" !!
I keen to here from SLID (Sri Lanka Institute of Directors), about Nimal's statement at a forum organized by SLID, which always promote Good Governance, Board room ethics.... etc.

As I know SLID have code of ethics that suppose to be followed by members. Then, does SLID ready to call Nimal infornt of Ethics commitee of SLID ??? (as per DailyFT news SLID memebrs were made unconfortable by the statement of Nimal at the forum)

We can't except anything from SEC... even they didn't have courage to object what Nimal said, But, IMF Representative in Sri Lanka has give him a good reply....

mono

mono

MoneyLover wrote:
ruwan49 wrote:how about JKH chairman............same caliber..but a good gentlement

I think we should not even compare with Nimal .....

We should not mix "Traders" with "Business Leaders" !!
I keen to here from SLID (Sri Lanka Institute of Directors), about Nimal's statement at a forum organized by SLID, which always promote Good Governance, Board room ethics....

As I know SLID have set of code of ethics that suppose to be followed by members. Then, does SLID ready to call Nimal infornt of Ethics commitee of SLID ??? (as per DailyFT news SLID memebrs were made unconfortable at the time Nimal delivers his speech)

We can't except anything from SEC... even they didn't have courage to object what Nimal said, But, IMF Representative in Sri Lanka has give him a good reply....

What was most troubling is that in that FT.lk article almost all of the panelist and other reputable people who spoke out basically supported Nimals position. On one hand i understand nimaal saying that he can't buy or sell shares with brokers knowing about it. But his comment about aunties & thier boyfriends was very short sighted and the IMF chaps reply was 'on the money'

MarketResearch

MarketResearch

mono wrote:

That's utter nonsense. education or qualifications are never a substitute for virtue. both kotalawala & madoff were both qualified and at least in the later case highly educated.

Mono. Agree with you Machan.

That Crazy Paper qualifications.

UKboy

UKboy

All traders in America = Professional traders
All traders in Sri Lanka = Manipulators

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

සම හරක්ට සුද්දගෙ පස්ස පැත්තත් සුවඳලු......

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

mono wrote:

Totally agreed with u.+ rep from me.
This western education system will not create an ethical person.

swan03

UKboy wrote:All traders in America = Professional traders

Who say so?

econ

econ
Global Moderator

rijayasooriya wrote:
mono wrote:

then which system create ethical person?

econ

econ
Global Moderator

UKboy wrote:All traders in America = Professional traders

I do not think so.
many brokers in the US are also insider dealers and manipulators.
no exception whether SL or US.

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

econ wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
mono wrote:

That is the problem.
Our experts in this field should completely revise the education system.

mono

mono

econ wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
mono wrote:

it might be impossible to what exactly moulds a person into a ethical one. But education & qualification will certainly not guarantee ethical behavior.

MarketSIRA

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

When people are highly educated they do the biggest crimes in the world...'Those crimes are called White Collar Crimes'...

And remember in ten years time Sri Lanka will have a 'Bernard Madoff'...Madoff was the SEC Regulator-Chairman in America...So guess who is going to be 'Madoff' of Sri Lanka...may be a one position less than Madoff... bounce Laughing ..Someone with tight Buckles..that's my guess...

econ

econ
Global Moderator

mono wrote:
econ wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
mono wrote:

it might be impossible to what exactly moulds a person into a ethical one. But education & qualification will certainly not guarantee ethical behavior.

Yes education will not create a person with good ethics for 100%. at least education help to create person with good ethics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum