FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Today at 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Today at 12:00 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Today at 10:39 am

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Yesterday at 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Yesterday at 1:26 pm

» Turkish ship leaves Ukraine's Mariupol after grain talks with Moscow
by target1 Yesterday at 11:29 am

» This week's CBOT corn, soy freefalls hard to match in recent years
by target1 Yesterday at 9:57 am

» Positive news to boost market sentiment
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:52 am

» Maharaja at IMF meeting
by Maharaja Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:35 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm

» India assures fullest support to Sri Lanka as a close friend
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

» SINS, SAMP, COMB, PARQ, ALUMEX and AEL - are they good shares to start collecting now?
by surfjj Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

» Learn how a fixed exchange rate system can be used to reduce inflation.
by target1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

» Debt Crisis: Sri Lanka Vs Argentine
by CHRONICLE™ Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am

» Sri Lanka in state of panic 1 month after sovereign default
by reyaz Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:23 pm

» Financial stability - we are at the crossroads.
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:17 pm

» Shrinkflation: Is it ethical?
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:05 pm

» Banking bullish billionaire Ishara expands footprint
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am

» SL hopes to finalize a staff level program with IMF soon-RW
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:48 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:29 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » EXPERT CHRONICLE™ » NTB to inject fresh capital. Will it be equity infusion or debt infusion.?

NTB to inject fresh capital. Will it be equity infusion or debt infusion.?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

seyon

avatar
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Nations Trust Bank (NTB) is in talks with foreign parties in a bid to raise funds for their tier two capital, officials said. “We are discussing with different parties, many of whom are development finance institutions,” Saliya Rajakaruna, CEO NTB told the Business Times on the sidelines of an Investor Forum to launch its results. Tier two capital is capital which can absorb losses in the event of a bank winding-up.

He also said that NTB plans to set up four new branches during the coming quarter while adding upto 10 branches in 2012 bringing the total branch network to 60 service points by the end of next year.
He also added that most new branches are to be opened outside the western province moving from its “western province bank” model to a “nationwide” bank. This, he said will launch NTB to the mass market as well from its city centric model.

NTB recorded a net income of Rs 1.7 billion during the third quarter. NTB managed to post 38% year on year growth in profit to Rs 1.2 billion during the first nine months of 2011. Mr. Rajakaruna added that next year NTB will focus on the masses and the SME sector with their branch expansion.

NTB plans to launch a customer centric unique selling proposition to capture the growing SME sector as well. The bank's prime focus is an aggressive service oriented business model to meet working capital and trade financing requirements.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/111120/BusinessTimes/bt06.html



Last edited by rijayasooriya on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title shortened.)

Share this post on: redditgoogle

slstock

How do u look into this fresh capital infusion, as per the statement, Management in discussion with foreign investor to inject fresh capital. this will be either equity capital by way of private placement or debt capital. as per my understnding tier two capital includes both source of fund.

New capital infusion would give the growth in business, however, How will impact the share price

seyon wrote:slstock

How do u look into this fresh capital infusion, as per the statement, Management in discussion with foreign investor to inject fresh capital. this will be either equity capital by way of private placement or debt capital. as per my understnding tier two capital includes both source of fund.

New capital infusion would give the growth in business, however, How will impact the share price


The commons ways they can raise capital is as you say through equity or debt.
If they need to raise short term capital I guess they can go for

Equity based : though maybe a private placement or a right issue
Debt : They can take a loan , on go for debentures

But then they already went for warrant issue this year it appears ( also hope) they will not tax their shareholders further in the short term .

From what it says below
"Nations Trust Bank (NTB) is in talks with foreign parties in a bid to raise funds for their tier two capital, officials said. “We are discussing with different parties, many of whom are development finance institutions,”

It appears they are looking for a foriegn loan as the interest rates will be lower than from SL system.

slstock wrote:
seyon wrote:slstock

How do u look into this fresh capital infusion, as per the statement, Management in discussion with foreign investor to inject fresh capital. this will be either equity capital by way of private placement or debt capital. as per my understnding tier two capital includes both source of fund.

New capital infusion would give the growth in business, however, How will impact the share price


The commons ways they can raise capital is as you say through equity or debt.
If they need to raise short term capital I guess they can go for

Equity based : though maybe a private placement or a right issue
Debt : They can take a loan , on go for debentures

But then they already went for warrant issue this year it appears ( also hope) they will not tax their shareholders further in the short term .

From what it says below
"Nations Trust Bank (NTB) is in talks with foreign parties in a bid to raise funds for their tier two capital, officials said. “We are discussing with different parties, many of whom are development finance institutions,”

It appears they are looking for a foriegn loan as the interest rates will be lower than from SL system.


Fine if the mgt go to raise debt by way of foreign loan. After i saw this statement i am bit of scared that mgt will come out with right issue or private placement. Since I was collecting some NTB last week also.

seyon wrote:
slstock wrote:
seyon wrote:slstock

How do u look into this fresh capital infusion, as per the statement, Management in discussion with foreign investor to inject fresh capital. this will be either equity capital by way of private placement or debt capital. as per my understnding tier two capital includes both source of fund.

New capital infusion would give the growth in business, however, How will impact the share price


The commons ways they can raise capital is as you say through equity or debt.
If they need to raise short term capital I guess they can go for

Equity based : though maybe a private placement or a right issue
Debt : They can take a loan , on go for debentures

But then they already went for warrant issue this year it appears ( also hope) they will not tax their shareholders further in the short term .

From what it says below
"Nations Trust Bank (NTB) is in talks with foreign parties in a bid to raise funds for their tier two capital, officials said. “We are discussing with different parties, many of whom are development finance institutions,”

It appears they are looking for a foriegn loan as the interest rates will be lower than from SL system.


Fine if the mgt go to raise debt by way of foreign loan. After i saw this statement i am bit of scared that mgt will come out with right issue or private placement. Since I was collecting some NTB last week also.

Though it is possible, I hope the NTB management does not have that short sight to have right issue at this stage. NTB share is trading at 52 low. After the warrant conversion the NTb price started coming down.

I presume NTB is looking at foriegn loans. DFCC also did the same few months ago. With JKH influence , guess NTB moght have a few contacts too.
Let hope for the best.

Moved to expert chamber.

slstock wrote:
seyon wrote:
slstock wrote:
seyon wrote:slstock

How do u look into this fresh capital infusion, as per the statement, Management in discussion with foreign investor to inject fresh capital. this will be either equity capital by way of private placement or debt capital. as per my understnding tier two capital includes both source of fund.

New capital infusion would give the growth in business, however, How will impact the share price


The commons ways they can raise capital is as you say through equity or debt.
If they need to raise short term capital I guess they can go for

Equity based : though maybe a private placement or a right issue
Debt : They can take a loan , on go for debentures

But then they already went for warrant issue this year it appears ( also hope) they will not tax their shareholders further in the short term .

From what it says below
"Nations Trust Bank (NTB) is in talks with foreign parties in a bid to raise funds for their tier two capital, officials said. “We are discussing with different parties, many of whom are development finance institutions,”

It appears they are looking for a foriegn loan as the interest rates will be lower than from SL system.


Fine if the mgt go to raise debt by way of foreign loan. After i saw this statement i am bit of scared that mgt will come out with right issue or private placement. Since I was collecting some NTB last week also.

Though it is possible, I hope the NTB management does not have that short sight to have right issue at this stage. NTB share is trading at 52 low. After the warrant conversion the NTb price started coming down.

I presume NTB is looking at foriegn loans. DFCC also did the same few months ago. With JKH influence , guess NTB moght have a few contacts too.
Let hope for the best.


Yes Hope for the best, now my strategy to hold for alleast five years.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum