FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES

CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:22 pm

dcwal

Manager - Equity Analytics
SOME OF MY FRIENDS SAID ME, CAPITAL TRUST IS GOING TO FORCE SELL..
ANY INFORMATION OR EXPERIENCE???

2CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:09 am

greedy007

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Why only capital trust>>

3CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Capital Trust Securities Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Leon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hi Guys...

Today I turned to capital Trust from Sc Securities. I got their on line trading detail an all. But when I try to download and install them it was required to download something from Microsoft and I had to accept user agreement . Problem is my software are not licensed products. If I accept them and download will it affect my PC in future????
Thanks .....

4CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Fresher

not licensed are technically illegal Wink

anyways if u had managed to install then it won't be a problem i think. if that needed validation it wouldn't have been installed in the first place.

5CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:51 pm

kav4

Just accept and install

nkuda

Technical Analytical Outlook
Market should Rise As A Response To The Good News In US and Foreign inflows!!!

Good news from the US may provide the required trigger to boost our local market which was crawling sideways during the recent past. Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) announcement of the end of the recession in the US is definitely great news for Sri Lanka because of our strong trade relationship with the largest economy in the world (mainly because of apparel exports). Very large Foreign purchases of JKH may happen today pumping a colossal amount of foreign currency into the local market. Foreign and local funds and high net worth individuals are now fully convinced that the market has already seen its bottom (pl. see the index charts attachment). The problems with the ATS7 system are still hampering large scale retailer participation at the market.

Central bank’s monetary policy committee left the interest rates unchanged but revised down the growth estimates for 2012 to 7.2%. Lobbying in Geneva is continuing to prevent the UNHRC from bullying our Government unnecessarily.

Tuesday’s horizontal slide brought the RSI’s of the ASI & MPI daily charts to 44 & 53.

US market reached the highest point reached since 2007 yesterday on the announcement made by the FOMC of the sharp rise in retail sales officially ushering in the end of the nearly five year long recession. as expected strong BUY signals appeared on both S&P 500 and DJIA celebrating the end of the recession that had ripple effects throughout the world. All the global markets have risen sharply on the good news of the end of the recession in the world’s largest economy (pl. see the index charts attachment).

7CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:22 pm

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@nkuda wrote:Technical Analytical Outlook

Good news from the US may provide the required trigger to boost our local market which was crawling sideways during the recent past. Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) announcement of the end of the recession in the US is definitely great news for Sri Lanka because of our strong trade relationship with the largest economy in the world (mainly because of apparel exports). Very large Foreign purchases of JKH may happen today pumping a colossal amount of foreign currency into the local market. Foreign and local funds and high net worth individuals are now fully convinced that the market has already seen its bottom (pl. see the index charts attachment). The problems with the ATS7 system are still hampering large scale retailer participation at the market.

Central bank’s monetary policy committee left the interest rates unchanged but revised down the growth estimates for 2012 to 7.2%. Lobbying in Geneva is continuing to prevent the UNHRC from bullying our Government unnecessarily.

Tuesday’s horizontal slide brought the RSI’s of the ASI & MPI daily charts to 44 & 53.

US market reached the highest point reached since 2007 yesterday on the announcement made by the FOMC of the sharp rise in retail sales officially ushering in the end of the nearly five year long recession. as expected strong BUY signals appeared on both S&P 500 and DJIA celebrating the end of the recession that had ripple effects throughout the world. All the global markets have risen sharply on the good news of the end of the recession in the world’s largest economy (pl. see the index charts attachment).
im struggling to find a confluence over this statement and current Crisis in CSE...indices are DOWN we are not overly influenced by US economy..couple of days ago i tried to get some import and export data from official govt websites.what i was able to find data compiled upto 2002. any fundas have latest info... Very Happy and would appreciate if any1 could post it here. cheers

8CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:49 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
@traderathome wrote:
@nkuda wrote:Technical Analytical Outlook

im struggling to find a confluence over this statement and current Crisis in CSE...indices are DOWN we are not overly influenced by US economy..couple of days ago i tried to get some import and export data from official govt websites.what i was able to find data compiled upto 2002. any fundas have latest info... Very Happy and would appreciate if any1 could post it here. cheers

Please try the following link, Table 62 will provide 2001 -2010 Export and Import details.
http://www.cbsl.gov.lk/pics_n_docs/10_pub/_docs/efr/annual_report/AR2010/English/17_Appendix.pdf
( I hope this is the details you are looking for, if not sorry to bother you)

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

9CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:05 pm

traderathome

traderathome
thanks sri Very Happy ...our exports overly depended on EU and USA (90%) I was looking for Iran/ Syria very negligible or nothing. boru gembar dala api nikam illang kannai yanne Basketball

10CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:41 pm

FXX

FXX
Thanks

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert
Technical Analytical Outlook 08th May 2012

The Market Is Getting weaker!!!

The market continues to get weaker despite desperate efforts by those at the helm of the treasury and the central bank .

Government’s active intervention is needed now more than ever before.

The Rupee may strengthen a bit this week with some foreign inflows coming in.

Capital TRUST Research research@capitaltrust.info

Very short and sweet ?

12CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
yeah! Easy to read and understand!

13CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Government’s active intervention is needed now more than ever before.

The Rupee may strengthen a bit this week with some foreign inflows coming in.

Capital TRUST Research research@capitaltrust.info

In which way the Govt could help? Mr. Sarath would've explained for the benefit of us, wouldn't he? Smile Is it for reversals on scams or buying at a higher price? Twisted Evil

14CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 08, 2012 9:51 pm

hariesha

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Government will rescue their Henchaiyas. Not the market!

15CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu May 10, 2012 9:31 am

gamaya

wonder why no body has taken legal action against these freaks??

16CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu May 10, 2012 9:42 am

aj

This is one of the stupidest broker report producers? And this is called "Technical Analytical Outlook"?

"Government’s active intervention is needed" Like what? buying TFC by NSB?

17CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu May 10, 2012 8:49 pm

snandasiri

snandasiri
@aj wrote:This is one of the stupidest broker report producers? And this is called "Technical Analytical Outlook"?

"Government’s active intervention is needed" Like what? buying TFC by NSB?
well said.
Twisted Evil

18CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Thu May 10, 2012 9:31 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator
it seems that broker research guys also do not want to talk much about current trends and developments.

19CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Capital Alliance Fri May 11, 2012 2:58 am

UKboy

UKboy
Does anyone know what Capital Alliance's prediction about the market? Rolling Eyes

Once Tubal said that, Head of CA is one of the best market analysts in the country.

20CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Capital TRUST Research Tue May 29, 2012 10:50 am

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert

Market Makes A Double Bottom!!!
Market made a double bottom at the current level. The question is whether it will hold at this terribly oversold (RSI’s at 19 & 17!!!) level. Tomorrow’s Treasury bill auction may perhaps provide the trigger needed to turn the market around.

It is grave and it is time for all the broker firms to join hands and make a concerted effort to resurrect the market. It is useless to expect any outside party to come to its rescue. Remember that brokerages that survive this market debacle will eventually emerge as super strong entities. Anybody can thrive in a Bull Market such as what existed in 2009 – 2010. But the real test is surviving the Bear Market of 2011 – 2012.

21CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Capital TRUST Research Tue May 29, 2012 11:09 am

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert
Market Continues To Slide Down For No Rhyme Or Reason!!!

Market continues to slide down for no rhyme or reason. Practically all the stocks, blue chips as well as popular volatile stocks are grossly oversold and undervalued. Interest rates are showing signs of coming down as evidenced by the downward slide in Treasury bill yields at the last two auctions. CBSL did not raise their policy rates at their last monetary policy committee meeting and they are most likely to start easing rates from either June or July. Corporate results for the last financial year reaching the market currently are very encouraging. However the market remains sluggish with indices sliding down slowly on surprisingly low daily turnovers. What really ails the market is the absence of retailer interest. Big players coming and executing a crossing here and there is not going to change the depressed mood in the market. In fact it was one such disastrous crossing that worsened the market situation recently and triggered an knee jerk reaction from the regulators.

It is time for the brokers to move out of their cozy air conditioned offices and luxury cubicles and hit the streets looking for new retailers It is not that hard since the market penetration is very low in Sri Lanka. We have very much less than 0.5% of the eligible (over 18’s) population participating in stock market trading as against 30% to 70% in developed country markets. Brokers should not depend on the CSE and the SEC to do all the promotional work, a strategy which has proved to be ineffective in the past. Instead they should lobby to get a bigger share of the commission charged from market players for use in aggressive marketing campaigns and new branch openings.

22CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

hawklk

"It is time for the brokers to move out of their cozy air conditioned offices and luxury cubicles and hit the streets looking for new retailers It is not that hard since the market penetration is very low in Sri Lanka."

My broker (they are no longer financial advisers in my book) only call if the account is overdue. Not even once he did any promotion or sent me any research reports. I have being say this in the past "reduce the brokerage and put is in different scales"

23CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@hawklk wrote:"It is time for the brokers to move out of their cozy air conditioned offices and luxury cubicles and hit the streets looking for new retailers It is not that hard since the market penetration is very low in Sri Lanka."

My broker (they are no longer financial advisers in my book) only call if the account is overdue. Not even once he did any promotion or sent me any research reports. I have being say this in the past "reduce the brokerage and put is in different scales"

It is the brokers who bring down the market now. This is how brokers resist recent SEC regulations on six month lock-in period on share transactions by directors, employees & their spouses.

24CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 2:12 pm

VISA

Are you mad. this is worst market in the world because we lost money why are you asking every one put money in to this market now.we need to find out why market is going down. if it is brokers then it upto regulators to find out bring brokers and others order. if they can't then regulators must get out.

25CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 3:52 pm

mra

mra
Dear Friends,

Every body is talking about market coming down, and ask for reasons. when the market go up everybody is happy and they don't bother to ask for the reason.

so we all participant's thinking itself sort of imbalance, what we more we argue and curse govt. and sec officials. ???

90% of participants in stock trading are traders, not investors. everybody wants quick bugs. so it's gamble. investors will only get dividend and it's not attractive so they may turn to FD's.

when you know the real reason why ASI gone up to 8500/level or more???
then you will know the reason for the market down trend. after the war it should have gone up. not that much of 8500 level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum