FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CSE Screener

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

CSE Screener Empty CSE Screener

Dileepa

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This share screener will allow you to scan the entire market for any of the following combinations
Hopefully this will save a lot of time for you.

1. P/E Ratio
2. Return On Equity (ROE)
3. Current Dividend Yield
4. Five Year Dividend Growth Rate
5. Five Year EPS Growth Rate
6. Five Year Average Dividend Yield

All you have to do is select the preferred Minimum and Maximum values(YellowCells)
and click on "SCREEN" button.

For example if you want to search for all companies which have,
1)P/E less than 10
2)ROE greater than 20%
3)Current DY greater than 3%
4)Five year dividend growth rate greater than 10%
5)Five year EPS growth rate greater than 10%
6)Five year average dividend yield greater than 3%
Following will be your inputs and screen results.
CSE Screener Scrres10

As you can see above, there are 10 counters which matches your search criteria.
Also it is worth to look at the distribution charts of Screening Parameters.
This will give you the big picture of Colombo Stock Exchange.
Graphs are on "Distribution Charts" sheet.
CSE Screener Chart_10
CSE Screener Chart_11
CSE Screener Chart_12
There are,
・58 counters with five year EPS growth of more than 30%
・51 counters with ROE higher than 20%
・37 counters which are trading P/E below 5
・36 counters which yielded over 5% dividend
・33 counters which paid over 4% dividend for last 5 years
・32 counters with five year dividend growth of more than 30%

Download the tool here
http://www.mediafire.com/view/prbkigussekmvpy/CSE_Screener_1_4_0.xlsm
Note : You should enable Macro and Data Connection from Excel Trust Center for this to work.

Share this post on: reddit

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm by Gaja

Really good article friends, but i don't think most of them forum is willing to wait for sometime, wanted the return immediately

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 pm by kalum

bro this is amazing!

Thank you for your effort and it's a valuable work you are doing for us. please keep it up!

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:43 pm by gamakak

thanks

nihal123

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:56 pm by nihal123

Thanks
Very Happy 

cseguide

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:34 pm by cseguide

Why I can't download it. I get sponsors add page. could you please help me to resolve this issue ?

prasadrmb

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:28 am by prasadrmb

Thanks, It's valuable...

K.Haputantri

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:57 am by K.Haputantri

Well done Dileepa. This is what we were waiting for. Its excellant!!!cheers

K.Haputantri

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:00 pm by K.Haputantri

Dileepa I get Author version again. ?Can you fix it. I remember you fixed it last time. Thanks.

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:33 pm by Deva

Very useful tool for analysis. Thanks Dileepa.

K.Haputantri

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 pm by K.Haputantri

Wow, its Good. Dileepa there are restrictions in entering values and updating data base. Also how to draw distribution charts shown in the post. ?Can you comment on this. Thanks a lot.cheers

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:53 pm by Jana1

Good one mate...

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:56 pm by seek

Thanks

pathfinder

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:37 pm by pathfinder

Excellent tool Dileepa,Thank you,you saved my time cheers 

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:49 pm by Dileepa

cseguide wrote:Why I can't download it. I get sponsors add page. could you please help me to resolve this issue ?
MediaFire may be busy some times. Try refreshing the page or using a different browser.

smallville

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:01 pm by smallville

Thanks for your efforts now we see hassle free CSE investments Wink Another great work.. Keep it up..

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:14 pm by Dileepa

K.Haputantri wrote:Wow, its Good. Dileepa there are restrictions in entering values and updating data base. Also how to draw distribution charts shown in the post. ?Can you comment on this. Thanks a lot.cheers
Hope you managed to download it.
Values have to be selected from drop down list.
I decided the values after considering standard deviation of each distribution.
Values in the drop down list covers the entire range.

You don't have to do anything to generate the charts. It is there in the "Distribution_Charts" sheet.
They get updated automatically with the data base.
However that update button is disabled for the time being.
Many people trying to update the DB at once may cause unnecessary problems.
Actually one or two updates per quarter will be more than enough.
Need some time to test this properly.
May be later on you will be able to perform the update by your self.

Alternatively, You can use the HealthCheck tool get real time data.
#Just do the screening here and use HealthCheck tool to double check.

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:21 pm by Dileepa

Gaja wrote:Really good article friends, but i don't think most of them forum is willing to wait for sometime, wanted the return immediately
I know that many people want to get rich quickly cheers 
Just copy pasting from my blog:

Why Dividends Are Important
When making a investment decision, Dividend Yield is the fist thing I look at. I consider many other factors, but I never invest on non dividend paying companies. This is why dividends are so important to me.

1. A Guarantee Of Safety
Generally companies which pay dividends are well established and managed professionally.
A company can not pay dividends (and keep on increasing it for years) if their core business is at risk. Financials can be manipulated but dividends are not. If they don't have cash, then they can't pay you. Once they pay it, it is cash in your pocket and it is yours to spend.

Dividends are the best feedback I can get from a company. Look at the companies like LLUB, NEST, CTC, GLAS, etc. They have been doing something right for decades. If you are holding a dividend paying stock, there is a team of professionals working tirelessly for you. They will worry about the economy, government policy, inflation, war or even zombi attacks for you. When I receive a dividend check, it is not just a check. It's a Certificate of Safety.

2. Beating The Inflation
Investors must keep a close eye on the inflation. Inflation eat up the wealth without you being noticed. However dividend investors can protect their income against inflation by carefully selecting companies which increase dividend at a rate higher than the inflation.
If you are going to retire one day(we all will) and live off the dividend income,
then you have to make sure your dividend check get bigger in every year.

Sri Lanka is a high inflation(10%) country. I always look for companies with a track record of increasing dividends at a rate higher than 10%. This is where [Share Screener] becomes a great asset to me. There are 32 companies which have 5 year dividend growth rate of 30% or more. All of them may not suitable for dividend investors. But there a plenty of opportunities to explore. I do share my dividend analysis here. make sure to subscribe or visit this page frequently to get the updates.

3. Passive Income Generation
This is the ultimate goal of dividend investing. Idea is to collect enough dividend paying shares over the time, to a level where annual dividend received is higher than your annual salary. Imagine what it would be like if you can live off the dividend without touching capital investment. You will never run out of money and one day you can hand over your entire wealth to your grand kids.

I hate to wake up and go to office every morning. I hate rush hour traffic. My dream day will begin when I quit my job and start living off the dividend income. Dividend investors do plan for retirement 10-20 years ahead of time. My parents worked till their 60's to get a pension which became worthless in less than 5 years due to inflation. I'm not going to do the same mistake.  I will go on to details of my retirement plan in a separate post.

4. Magic Of Compounding
Albert Einstein is a true genius. He said, "Compounding Interest is the Greatest Force in the Universe. He who understand it, earns it and he who doesn't, pays it". Dividend investors can reinvest their dividends and earn more from reinvested dividends. Over the years compounding will have a staggering effect on your portfolio.

Actually my favorite part of investing is re-investing the dividends. LLUB is a perfect example for Compounding effect. They pay dividend quarterly. I buy 100+ new shares in every quarter by reinvesting the dividends. If you do the match, my actual dividend yield is considerably higher than the indicated yield. Compounding is a nice topic to discuss and I'm going to make a separate post on this in the future.

5. It Teach Financial Discipline
Perhaps this it the most important part of dividend investing. Dividends will teach you the time value of money. It will prevent you from over trading. You will not do any stupid mistakes. Noise in the market will not effect your decisions. You will have more time to read and think than clicking the mouse. Eventually you will learn to live below your means and save for the future.

I learned that buying new stuff and posting on Facebook will not help in me a long time ago. For many, first thing on the list is a new vehicle after getting first salary. Then maybe a housing loan which you will pay for next 20-30 years. Add a insanely expensive wedding to that and your financial future will be seald for ever. Most professionals I know lives from pay check to pay check. There is no retirement plan in the horizon, let alone an early retirement. Dividend investors will never fall in to traps like this. That alone is enough for me to invest on dividend paying companies.

sriranga

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:58 am by sriranga

Great stuff Dileepa. Really appreciate your effort.
Keep it up.

Jake Sully

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:24 am by Jake Sully

Thanks a lot.

K.Haputantri

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:34 pm by K.Haputantri

Dileepa your article copied from your blog post is an eye openner to many. Thanks for sharing a valuable article on value investing.

Just a few suggestions to improve the screener so that priority areas where funds need diversion for maximisation of profits could be easily decided;
1. Addition of a collumn to show price of the share at the time of calculation with the date if possible.
2. Addition of another collumn to calculate "per rupee benifit of ...." using a suitable info such as 5yr average dividend or 5yr average EPS and current share price.

Thank you once again.

pathfinder

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:28 pm by pathfinder

Dileepa wrote:
I know that many people want to get rich quickly cheers 
Just copy pasting from my blog:

Why Dividends Are Important
When making a investment decision, Dividend Yield is the fist thing I look at. I consider many other factors, but I never invest on non dividend paying companies. This is why dividends are so important to me.

1. A Guarantee Of Safety
Generally companies which pay dividends are well established and managed professionally.
A company can not pay dividends (and keep on increasing it for years) if their core business is at risk. Financials can be manipulated but dividends are not. If they don't have cash, then they can't pay you. Once they pay it, it is cash in your pocket and it is yours to spend.

Dividends are the best feedback I can get from a company. Look at the companies like LLUB, NEST, CTC, GLAS, etc. They have been doing something right for decades. If you are holding a dividend paying stock, there is a team of professionals working tirelessly for you. They will worry about the economy, government policy, inflation, war or even zombi attacks for you. When I receive a dividend check, it is not just a check. It's a Certificate of Safety.

2. Beating The Inflation
Investors must keep a close eye on the inflation. Inflation eat up the wealth without you being noticed. However dividend investors can protect their income against inflation by carefully selecting companies which increase dividend at a rate higher than the inflation.
If you are going to retire one day(we all will) and live off the dividend income,
then you have to make sure your dividend check get bigger in every year.

Sri Lanka is a high inflation(10%) country. I always look for companies with a track record of increasing dividends at a rate higher than 10%. This is where [Share Screener] becomes a great asset to me. There are 32 companies which have 5 year dividend growth rate of 30% or more. All of them may not suitable for dividend investors. But there a plenty of opportunities to explore. I do share my dividend analysis here. make sure to subscribe or visit this page frequently to get the updates.

3. Passive Income Generation
This is the ultimate goal of dividend investing. Idea is to collect enough dividend paying shares over the time, to a level where annual dividend received is higher than your annual salary. Imagine what it would be like if you can live off the dividend without touching capital investment. You will never run out of money and one day you can hand over your entire wealth to your grand kids.

I hate to wake up and go to office every morning. I hate rush hour traffic. My dream day will begin when I quit my job and start living off the dividend income. Dividend investors do plan for retirement 10-20 years ahead of time. My parents worked till their 60's to get a pension which became worthless in less than 5 years due to inflation. I'm not going to do the same mistake.  I will go on to details of my retirement plan in a separate post.

4. Magic Of Compounding
Albert Einstein is a true genius. He said, "Compounding Interest is the Greatest Force in the Universe. He who understand it, earns it and he who doesn't, pays it". Dividend investors can reinvest their dividends and earn more from reinvested dividends. Over the years compounding will have a staggering effect on your portfolio.

Actually my favorite part of investing is re-investing the dividends. LLUB is a perfect example for Compounding effect. They pay dividend quarterly. I buy 100+ new shares in every quarter by reinvesting the dividends. If you do the match, my actual dividend yield is considerably higher than the indicated yield. Compounding is a nice topic to discuss and I'm going to make a separate post on this in the future.

5. It Teach Financial Discipline
Perhaps this it the most important part of dividend investing. Dividends will teach you the time value of money. It will prevent you from over trading. You will not do any stupid mistakes. Noise in the market will not effect your decisions. You will have more time to read and think than clicking the mouse. Eventually you will learn to live below your means and save for the future.

I learned that buying new stuff and posting on Facebook will not help in me a long time ago. For many, first thing on the list is a new vehicle after getting first salary. Then maybe a housing loan which you will pay for next 20-30 years. Add a insanely expensive wedding to that and your financial future will be seald for ever. Most professionals I know lives from pay check to pay check. There is no retirement plan in the horizon, let alone an early retirement. Dividend investors will never fall in to traps like this. That alone is enough for me to invest on dividend paying companies.
Good one Dileepa,It reminds me one of the great book of investment Very Happy 

kas

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 pm by kas

I tried several days to download this but still failed, Deleepa could you please check the link

cseguide

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:19 pm by cseguide

kas wrote:I tried several days to download this but still failed, Deleepa could you  please check the link          
I faced the same. But finally identified the reason. It was due to not logging in before download. Kas please check your reason, may be the same. Thanks Deleepa.
Please check you can develop this tool in a website. so that it would be update regularly. may be in the forum itself if possible, may be as a different section.

kas

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:03 pm by kas

cseguide wrote:
kas wrote:I tried several days to download this but still failed, Deleepa could you  please check the link          
I faced the same. But finally identified the reason. It was due to not logging in before download. Kas please check your reason, may be the same. Thanks Deleepa.
Please check you can develop this tool in a website. so that it would be update regularly. may be in the forum itself if possible, may be as a different section.
Thanks cseguide it worked. Thanks a lot Dileepa great work.

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum