FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» CITH - What happned today?
by maduk Today at 6:13 pm

» සභාපතිවරයාගේ හැසිරීම හේතුවෙන් රිචර්ඩ් පීරිස් සමාගම අනතුරේ?
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 12:47 am

» ANALYSIS: Sri Lanka Car Market 2024
by D.G.Dayaratne Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Unprofessional conduct by Directors of East West Properties PLC
by Biggy Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:31 pm

» TILE AND CERAMIC SECTOR
by soileconomy Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:25 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Valuation Guide 2Q2024
by God Father Sun Oct 20, 2024 8:23 am

» Oil prices fall further
by Rare Sat Oct 19, 2024 6:47 am

» Imperfect laws keeps Bankrupt Companies trading in Sri Lanka Stock Exchange gravely endangering the Investors!
by God Father Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:47 pm

» Stock-Picking Strategies
by Rare Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:53 pm

» Bullish about a sustainable turnaround - CSE Chairman
by Rare Wed Oct 16, 2024 12:34 pm

» Post-election winners.
by Biggy Wed Oct 16, 2024 11:38 am

» Price Movement in Brent Co., WTI Co., and CEYPETCO Price Revisions Since Hamas' Attack on Israel in October 2023
by sheildskye Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:19 am

» WATA; MELS; LLUB; RCL- DIVIDEND SEASON
by sheildskye Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:04 am

» NDB Wealth buys more into Access Engineering; foreign investor Tundra exits
by Dasun Maduwantha Sun Oct 13, 2024 12:57 pm

» Access to invest in agri and livestock
by rajithasahan Sun Oct 13, 2024 12:00 am

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL.N0000)
by Shiranli Sat Oct 12, 2024 11:48 am

» COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC (COMB.N0000)
by EPS Fri Oct 11, 2024 10:54 pm

» Stocks on the Radar at CSE
by Biggy Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:37 am

» Construction Giant's IPO - Access Engineering
by Nandana Withanage Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:12 am

» Global Rice prices drops
by Rare Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:19 am

» ACCESS Engineering,my target Rs. 26/-
by shiraz latiff Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:41 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by shiraz latiff Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:39 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by nilantha suranga Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:36 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unbelievable LOLC

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

optimistic

optimistic
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Unbelievable LOLC Ishara10

I simply cant understand its pattern. it has shattered all levels of resistance and is on free fall. when will this end? i dont quite know when to make my buying decision. i'm going to wait and see. who can explain what is going on? is it due to general market condition or is LOLC really that bad?  i'm sure #2 is not the right answer.

Share this post on: reddit

mark

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 am by mark

old news,but there is something,
http://sundaytimes.lk/110306/BusinessTimes/bt12.html

*Fitch notes that there is no track record of equity infusion at the HoldCo-level to fund investments in group companies although dividends have not been declared for FY09 and FY10. The agency also notes that some of the subsidiaries may need capital infusion to fund expansions. Fitch further notes that future divestments of investments are subject to market risk at the point of exit. LOLC's ratings could also come under pressure if the financial profile of its key subsidiary LOFIN deteriorated (LOFIN's National Long-term rating has a Negative Outlook). This is also based on the agency's view that LOFIN and CLC are two of the HoldCo's key cash generating subsidiaries, while most other investments are in a growth phase, or are otherwise limited in their cash distributions to the HoldCo,” the Fitch statement said.

careful about red points,see the future risk
now get your decision.

optimistic

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:54 am by optimistic

thank you so much for sharing the news bro. fitch rating is definitely something to keep an eye out for. i didnt know that their rating was downgraded recently. that is not good news. probably that is the reason for this downfall?

actually i have not had enough of this share. it makes me want to believe in it. i bought this at 140 levels and sold at 119 since waiting wasnt worth it plus had to settle off some other commitments.. it was a huge loss but i'm happy of that decision today because it is even trading at 107 now. i am determined to earn what i lost from LOLC in some way.

udeni

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am by udeni

Mark,
Thanks for sharing information regarding LOLC and LOFIN.

hettdas

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 pm by hettdas

Will they pay a good dividend using the money they took from PMB sale?

stockanalytic

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:56 pm by stockanalytic

hettdas wrote:Will they pay a good dividend using the money they took from PMB sale?
Not possible.
PML = 7380179 * 21
LOLC issued Quantity =475,200,000
0.32/= Per share if you didn't consider their investment price of PML.

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:11 pm by hawklk

197,800 shares bought at 107 Shocked Shocked Who has bought that? any idea?

xmart

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:35 pm by xmart

optimistic wrote:thank you so much for sharing the news bro. fitch rating is definitely something to keep an eye out for. i didnt know that their rating was downgraded recently. that is not good news. probably that is the reason for this downfall?

actually i have not had enough of this share. it makes me want to believe in it. i bought this at 140 levels and sold at 119 since waiting wasnt worth it plus had to settle off some other commitments.. it was a huge loss but i'm happy of that decision today because it is even trading at 107 now. i am determined to earn what i lost from LOLC in some way.

you can recover loss by LOLC itself. don't chase the stock, let it to come to you. Market made everything discounted. it made KGAL@198, FLCH @4.7, RICH@12.7, LOLC@106.50. but don't catch the falling knife. let knife to hit the ground. market can discount LOLC few more rupees. this is in my top list now. i'm watching right time to enter as i did for KGAL, BFL and FLCH.

limestone

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:28 pm by limestone

LOLC is currently under valued !

EPS for year ending 31 march 201 1 is Rs 8.08
Current price =107
Price /earning= 13.24
Sector (BFI) PER =17.9
Price = 17.9x8.08 =144.32

mark

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 pm by mark

remember they bought SIERRA CONSTRUCTIONS?

http://www.ft.lk/2010/10/29/lolc-browns-buy-20-stake-in-sierra-for-rs-1-6-b/

*Lanka Orix Leasing Company Plc (LOLC) together with Browns Investments has acquired 20% stake each in Sierra Holdings and Sierra Constructions for Rs. 1.6 billion.

*as i know SIERRA CONSTRUCTION is not a good profit generating company,some of its subs have serous loss of capital.....dont ask me what are those,those are insider info Wink

*no argument that it will benefited in future by new developments in srilanka.

*now watch my first reply..
"This is also based on the agency's view that LOFIN and CLC are two of the HoldCo's key cash generating subsidiaries, while most other investments are in a growth phase, or are otherwise limited in their cash distributions to the HoldCo,"

*remember LOLC shot up to 1600 levels,thanks to 10% price blanket........

*but def,this is a very long term good share to hold....,don't expect instant gains.

smallville

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:30 pm by smallville

limestone wrote:LOLC is currently under valued !

Current price =107
Price /earning= 13.24
Sector (BFI) PER =17.9

LOLC is diversified now.. not in BFI anymore Wink

limestone

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:39 pm by limestone

smallville wrote:

Current price =107
Price /earning= 13.24
Sector (BFI) PER =17.9

well , in that case , DIV sector per is 36 !
but according to CSE website , LOLC is still classified as in BFI sector .

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 pm by amibroker

Current price =107
Price /earning= 13.24
Sector (BFI) PER =17.9

Undervalued in historical earnings, But the most important thing is " Will they be able to repeat or sustain the earnings in the next 1-2 years because most of their investments especially in the hotel sector will take some time to generate any revenue. Fitch rating downgrade also shows the short term earnings may decline in LOLC and other capital issues, therefore sometimes the price of LOLC may fall more. Do not consider only the historical earnings consider more on future earnings capacity and sustainability. Having said all that, LOLC is a very good counter in the medium to long term. This is just my view and not a sell or buy recommendation.

Slstock

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:47 am by Slstock

optimistic wrote:I simply cant understand its pattern. it has shattered all levels of resistance and is on free fall. when will this end? i dont quite know when to make my buying decision. i'm going to wait and see. who can explain what is going on? is it due to general market condition or is LOLC really that bad? i'm sure #2 is not the right answer.

Optimistic,

I think right now it is best to monitor where it is heading before buying more as we do not not yet the bottom. I have LOLC bought at higher also. Am not really worried about these short term price fluctuations as this is one of my long term shares. Am right now monitoring when to buy more.

If you read the below article I find 2 points interesting ..

http://www.ft.lk/2011/06/14/expolanka-holdings-ends-debut-in-company-of-top-20-most-valuable/

1) "Reuters reported that stock market fell to near three-month closing lows led by blue chips and financials due to a technical correction after heavy speculative trading in the past few days."

2)"“This is a correction after several penny stocks boosting the index in heavy speculative trading,” said a stock broker on condition of anonymity. “I think market is getting back to normal with fundamentals.”

The funny thing with these "technical correction after heavy speculative" at CSE is that most of the time it is Good shares the guinea pigs and getting pushed down drastically and not the speculative ones which actually went up in the first place.

Am sometimes wondering whether people sell their blue chips and fundamentals due to disappointment and to buy more speculative so they can gamble with speculatives to earn faster money .

If CSE does not change direction soon to be driven at least 50% on fundamentals , it is not really good for CSE's sutainability and future. I am also monitoring what is happening.

Lets see tomorrow. We have seen in the past rebound around ASI 7200 but it went below yesterday. Here see how much more it goes. If it does which shares are the guiea pigs Evil or Very Mad

npc86

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 pm by npc86

xmart wrote:
optimistic wrote:thank you so much for sharing the news bro.
Don't catch the falling knife. let knife to hit the ground.

Hi xmart nice quote...!
Good Advice than Explaining by two or more paragraph.
It's really nice Smile

good Luck dude..!

cse_investor

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:43 pm by cse_investor

http://www.ft.lk/2011/06/17/lolc-islamic-banking-unit-al-falaah-expands-to-akurana/

stumpy

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:16 am by stumpy

wait... Good to collect on long term basis!

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:57 am by Aamiable

smallville wrote:

Current price =107
Price /earning= 13.24
Sector (BFI) PER =17.9

Sector PER.. 22 ?

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 am by Soundchips

Can the LOLC move up this week?

ISURU

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 pm by ISURU

Soundchips wrote:Can the LOLC move up this week?
Can't expect a material movement.

Post Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 am by Quibit

Sri Lanka’s multi-geographic, multicurrency and multicultural financial conglomerate LOLC Holdings PLC is planning to make forays into new countries in 2020/ 21 while further strengthening its existing businesses.

“Our success in global markets inspires us to enter new markets and we have exciting plans, to make forays into new countries in 2020/21,” LOLC Holdings PLC Deputy Chairman Ishara Nanayakkara told shareholders in the annual report 2019/20.

Revenue from overseas operations is the major contributor to Group profitability, Nanayakkara reiterated.

LOLC's financial services footprint now stretches across Cambodia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Indonesia, Nigeria and Zambia.

LOLC Cambodia has grown to become the fourth-largest microfinance institution in terms of portfolio size, recording an impressive performance with a 57% YoY growth of its earnings to conclude the year under review.

LOLC Myanmar, a Greenfield operation and the first investment of its kind from Sri Lanka in Myanmar, has now become the fourth-largest microfinance institution among 174 market players in the country in just over five years of operation.

LOLC’s entry into Indonesia has seen the company grow to 20 branches in the regions of Java and Sumatra Islands. With a population of over 265 million and more than 40% of households classified as ‘very poor’, LOLC Indonesia is transforming lives of customers at the bottom of the pyramid.

Likewise, LOLC’s microfinance operations in Philippines with LOLC ASKI Finance and Inter Asia Development Bank are creating a sustainable social impact.

“Our continuous stride to create an impact on the bottom of the pyramid in local and global markets to bring financial inclusion to those who are usually excluded from mainstream banking is evident in how we uplift them from micro entrepreneurs to SME status through focused microfinance solutions,” he said.

The year under review also witnessed LOLC’s expansion into Sierra Leone with its investment in Sunbird Bio Energy Sierra Leone Ltd, the largest bio massed power generating company in the world with over 23,500 hectares of an integrated farm that also generates sugar and bioethanol. It has massive potential in generating sugar and bioethanol and provides green electricity to the national grid of Sierra Leone.

judecroos likes this post

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum