FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Today at 9:24 am

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:07 am

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:03 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Yesterday at 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:34 am

» Importance of Agroforestry for Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Nivard Cabraal sets record straight on decision to allow flexibility to the rupee
by God Father Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:15 pm

» Baseless accusations against the former Governor Nivard Cabraal
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:44 pm

» Heavy losses at CPC whilst LIOC records profit
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 pm

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » EXPERT CHRONICLE™ » All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Akalanka

Akalanka
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I did some technical analysis on ASI and on several shares would like to share this .

At this moment we are experiencing a downturn in the CSE and ppl are tend to go for panic selling though can observe some collecting at low. so actually it seems like bearish condition ,just check with the following chart patterns with the trend ASI had

ASI up trends for two year period on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_1110

ASI down trends for the period of two years on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2210

It seems when ever a trend line is penetrated up or down there is a further continuation of the trend ,

see how the ASI changed when the down turn was reversed
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2211


And according to the under shown graph if we identify a main trend ,now ASI is reaching back towards the trend line which may go beyond the trend line if ASI hit 6750 nearly,

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2212


And ljust have a look at the resistance levels and supports
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2213

It seems that ASI is having a resistance at 7500 , can be seen as it has reached double top
and had a support at 7000 , but it was broken and is tend to go down further and seems having some support at 6800 and 6600

when we examine the most resent downtrend we can observe a slight deviation from the down trend and this may be a time starting up an upward trend which may lead to the previous resistance level hitting tripple top.
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2214

if the resistance get broken ASI can reach for a higher support level.

And when we observe the current market there were several issues which effected badly on market mostly
IPOs , Introductions, credit clearance , forced selling , panic selling ,and also massive manipulative rallies . these ralllies may lead mentality to dump shares at low profit and to catch the flying rockets,

according to the following observations i do think that there is a high potential to ASI to be green , and there should be a support from volumes too. But thing i am not sure is why the brokers get too worried about their provided credit ?? are they looking ahead of further downturn .. not sure

So i d like to have your valuable comments regarding this , i am not and expert and my profilo is also red , and this moment i m not willing to do any trading only looking forward to cut my losses as soon as possiblle until then i m thinking of creating a new profilo with sound shares which can gv profits even in a downturn..

so this is open for discussion if there are any thing wrong i ll be willingly looking forward to correct , and if some one is to give negatives plz tell me why then i can correct my beliefs. .

Thanks in advance

















Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Share this post on: redditgoogle

gk

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 pm by gk

Good work thanks for sharing Smile

Slstock

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:34 am by Slstock


In september people asked whether there will be market crash due to being over bought and unsustainable PEs. Now for some counters the market got a over-correction. It is heavily oversold and RSI is in amazingly low values.

Question is how long can the market sustain at these low over sold levels without a short revival atleast.

Some people will look at bearish trends to exit market due to frustration and losses. Some will see as collection opportunities on fundamentals for long term.

Summary : The people who play their cards right will be the future winners in these conditions.

player

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:05 pm by player

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Kl10

*RSI-25.77
*Bollinger Bands-touch the lower band,prices are thought to be oversold,triggering a buy signal.
*Stochastic-both lines are in overbought regions-buy signal
*MACD-hoping blue line to crosses the red line on the way up Wink
*MFI-29.33(not close to 20(oversold),but can consider MFI to increase further)

note-all values are in default


http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^CSE+Interactive#chart11:symbol=^cse;range=3m;indicator=bollinger+ema+stochasticfast+rsi+macd;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

see this with MFI

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^CSE+Interactive#chart12:symbol=^cse;range=3m;indicator=bollinger+ema+rsi+macd+mfi;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

just posted,please comment and improve my one cent to a two cents:D

note-i love bear than bull I love you




Last edited by player on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited the cents)

avatar

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:51 pm by mcyi9rt4

aiyo i must take my money away from the mrkt this means sir ?

avatar

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:24 am by laki

k

sriranga

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:07 pm by sriranga

Appreciate your hard work.
+ rep
Keep it up.
God bless you.
Have a good trade.

stockanalytic

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:48 pm by stockanalytic

slstock wrote:

Question is how long can the market sustain at these low over sold levels without a short revival atleast.
Huge and continuous foreign selling is the main issue. Market is suffering from lack of money. That's why high capitalization counters are heading low without support. Institutional buying, foreign buying should come first for run of fundamentals. I have sold my fundarmentals already. (I anticipated this situation early) I am looking for foreign buying and heavy institutional buying to reenter the counters.

pathfinder

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 pm by pathfinder

@Akalanka-thank you very much for sharing your hard work with us.
+rep
@Player-Appreciate your contribution
+rep
these are the kind of posts desparetly needed to the forum.need much more + reps keep it up.

avatar

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:55 pm by laki

ELA

pathfinder

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:49 pm by pathfinder

yet to see +reps for them,come on guys learn to appreciate others work.

avatar

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:11 pm by ShareShares

stockanalytic wrote:
slstock wrote:

Question is how long can the market sustain at these low over sold levels without a short revival atleast.
Huge and continuous foreign selling is the main issue. Market is suffering from lack of money. That's why high capitalization counters are heading low without support. Institutional buying, foreign buying should come first for run of fundamentals. I have sold my fundarmentals already. (I anticipated this situation early) I am looking for foreign buying and heavy institutional buying to reenter the counters.


http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/22/7900428-stocks-sell-off-sparked-by-global-recession-worries



Stocks sell-off sparked by global recession worriesBy Patrick Rizzo
The Fed does the twist. Stocks tumble.

Stock markets around the world slumped Thursday after the Federal Reserve offered a gloomy assessment of the economy which raised anxiety that a global recession was coming.

Just before midday, the Dow Jones industrial average was down almost 350 points, or more than 3 percent. The broader S&P 500 and the Nasdaq also were down more than 2 percent.

The rout began on Wall Street Wednesday after the Fed announced it would be attempting to boost the economy by migrating its Treasury holdings to longer-term securities from shorter-term debt, a move dubbed "Operation Twist" that was first used, to mixed results, 50 years ago.




-- This may be a temporary effect, stocks can pick up again. --

avatar

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:28 am by ShareShares

Akalanka wrote: I did some technical analysis on ASI and on several shares would like to share this .

At this moment we are experiencing a downturn in the CSE and ppl are tend to go for panic selling though can observe some collecting at low. so actually it seems like bearish condition ,just check with the following chart patterns with the trend ASI had

ASI up trends for two year period on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_1110

ASI down trends for the period of two years on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2210

It seems when ever a trend line is penetrated up or down there is a further continuation of the trend ,

see how the ASI changed when the down turn was reversed
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2211


And according to the under shown graph if we identify a main trend ,now ASI is reaching back towards the trend line which may go beyond the trend line if ASI hit 6750 nearly,

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2212


And ljust have a look at the resistance levels and supports
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2213

It seems that ASI is having a resistance at 7500 , can be seen as it has reached double top
and had a support at 7000 , but it was broken and is tend to go down further and seems having some support at 6800 and 6600

when we examine the most resent downtrend we can observe a slight deviation from the down trend and this may be a time starting up an upward trend which may lead to the previous resistance level hitting tripple top.
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2214

if the resistance get broken ASI can reach for a higher support level.

And when we observe the current market there were several issues which effected badly on market mostly
IPOs , Introductions, credit clearance , forced selling , panic selling ,and also massive manipulative rallies . these ralllies may lead mentality to dump shares at low profit and to catch the flying rockets,

according to the following observations i do think that there is a high potential to ASI to be green , and there should be a support from volumes too. But thing i am not sure is why the brokers get too worried about their provided credit ?? are they looking ahead of further downturn .. not sure

So i d like to have your valuable comments regarding this , i am not and expert and my profilo is also red , and this moment i m not willing to do any trading only looking forward to cut my losses as soon as possiblle until then i m thinking of creating a new profilo with sound shares which can gv profits even in a downturn..

so this is open for discussion if there are any thing wrong i ll be willingly looking forward to correct , and if some one is to give negatives plz tell me why then i can correct my beliefs. .

Thanks in advance

















Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy



http://atlantismarketingsystems.com/stock-market-indices/sp-500-index-market-crash-down-4-42-as-market-turmoil-continues/

avatar

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:57 am by Aamiable

slstock wrote:
In september people asked whether there will be market crash due to being over bought and unsustainable PEs. Now for some counters the market got a over-correction. It is heavily oversold and RSI is in amazingly low values.

Question is how long can the market sustain at these low over sold levels without a short revival atleast.

Some people will look at bearish trends to exit market due to frustration and losses. Some will see as collection opportunities on fundamentals for long term.

Summary : The people who play their cards right will be the future winners in these conditions.



global market crash in September 2011 does not seem to have an impact on SL economy...no need to panic...

Sstar

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:46 am by Sstar

Past trends is a refection of the future trend.s

SHARK aka TAH

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:44 pm by SHARK aka TAH

Akalanka wrote:    I did some technical analysis on ASI and on several shares would like to share this .

   At this moment we are experiencing a downturn in the CSE and ppl are tend to go for panic selling though can observe some collecting at low. so actually it seems like bearish condition ,just check with the following chart patterns with the trend ASI had

ASI up trends for two year period on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_1110

ASI down trends for the period of two years on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2210

 It seems when ever a trend line is penetrated up or down there is a further continuation of the trend ,

see how the ASI changed when the down turn was reversed
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2211


 And according to the under shown graph if we identify a main trend ,now ASI is reaching back towards the trend line which may go beyond the trend line if ASI hit 6750 nearly,

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2212


And ljust have a look at the resistance levels and supports
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2213

It seems that ASI is having a resistance at 7500 , can be seen as it has reached double top
and had a support at 7000 , but it was broken and is tend to go down further  and seems having some support at 6800 and 6600

 when we examine the most resent downtrend we can observe a slight deviation from the down trend and this may be a time starting up an upward trend which may lead to the previous resistance level hitting tripple top.
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2214
 
  if the resistance get broken ASI can reach for a higher support level.

And when we observe the current market there were several issues which effected badly on market mostly
 IPOs , Introductions, credit clearance , forced selling , panic selling ,and also massive manipulative rallies .   these ralllies may lead mentality to dump shares at low profit and to catch the flying rockets,

   according to the following observations i do think that there is a high potential to ASI to be green , and there should be a support from volumes too.  But thing i am not sure is why the brokers get too worried about their provided credit ??  are they looking ahead of further downturn .. not sure

   So i d like to have your valuable comments regarding this , i am not and expert and my profilo is also red , and this moment i m not willing to do any trading only looking forward to cut my losses as soon as possiblle until then i m thinking of creating a new profilo with sound shares which can gv profits even in a downturn..

so this is open for discussion if there are any thing wrong i ll be willingly looking forward to correct ,  and if some one is to give negatives plz tell me why then i can correct my beliefs. .

 Thanks in advance
 
   
Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
A very precise Chart back in 2011

SHARK aka TAH

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:48 pm by SHARK aka TAH

Since 2011 Akalanka, You had done about 179 Posts what happenned and where were you all this while, you little GEM.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum