The Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) has made the following change in the S&P Sri Lanka 20 index constituents made by S&P Dow Jones Indices at the 2022 midyear rebalance.
The exclusion and inclusion as recorded by S&P Dow Jones Indices, from June 20 (after the market close of June 17) are presented below:
1. Tokyo Cement Co. Lanka (CSE Ticker - TKYO.N0000, TKYO.X0000)
2. National Development Bank (NDB.N0000)
3. Hatton National Bank (HNB HNB.N0000, HNBX0000)
1. Lanka IOC (LIOC.N0000)
2. Watawala Plantations (WATA.N0000)
3. Hela Apparel Holdings (HELA.N0000)
The S&P SL 20 index includes the 20 largest companies, by total market capitalisation, listed on the CSE that meet minimum size, liquidity and financial viability thresholds. The constituents are weighted by float-adjusted market capitalization, subject to a single stock cap of 15%, which is employed to reduce single stock concentration.
The S&P SL 20 index has been designed in accordance with international practices and standards.
All stocks are classified according to the Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS), which was co-developed by S&P Dow Jones Indices and MCSI and is widely used by market participants throughout the world.
To be eligible for inclusion, a stock must have a minimum float-adjusted market capitalisation of 500 million Sri Lankan rupees (Rs), a six-month median daily value traded of Rs 0.25 million and have positive net income over the 12 months prior to the rebalancing reference date. For information, including the complete methodology, please visit spindices.com
From June 20, 2022 the stocks in the S&P Sri Lanka 20 in alphabetical order are:
1.Chevron Lubricants Lanka (LLUB N0000)
2.Commercial Bank of Ceylon (COMB N0000)
3. Dialog Axiata (DIAL N0000)
4. Dipped Products (DIPO N0000)
5. Expolanka Holdings (EXPO N0000)
6. Hayleys (HAYL N0000)
7. Hela Apparel Holdings (HELA N0000)
8. Hemas Holdings (HHL N0000)
9. John Keells Holdings (JKH N0000)
10. Lanka IOC (LIOC N0000)
11. LB Finance (LFIN N0000)
12. LOLC Finance (LOFC N0000)
13. LOLC Holdings (LOLC N0000)
14. Melstacorp (MELS N0000)
15. Royal Ceramics Lanka (RCL N0000)
16. Sampath Bank (SAMP N0000)
17. Softlogic Life Insurance (AAIC N0000)
18. Teejay Lanka (TJL N0000)
19. Vallibel One (VONE N0000)
20. Watawala Plantation (WATA N0000)