I have a few questions to solve before moving into the T bill market. Hope, many of you have the same in your mind, and better if we can get to gether discuss this and share your experience and thoughts.
1. Is there any possibility of default risk involved in T-bills under the current economic situation?
2. Is there any risk involved if we select non-banking primary dealers to purchase T-Bills?
3. Is there any grading system (Let's say fitch, RAM rating) for primary dealers?
4. Why do Non-banking primary dealers offer higher rates than Banking primary dealers? E,g: People's bank rates are low compared to CAL
5. Is there any insurance for the T-bills which is available for Fixed Deposits such as Sri Lanka Deposit Insurance and Liquidity Support Scheme (SLDILSS)
Please share your thoughts and questions, may be very helpful to everyone in this forum.