FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Today at 11:00 am

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Today at 9:24 am

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:07 am

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:03 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Yesterday at 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:34 am

» Importance of Agroforestry for Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Nivard Cabraal sets record straight on decision to allow flexibility to the rupee
by God Father Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:15 pm

» Baseless accusations against the former Governor Nivard Cabraal
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:44 pm

» Heavy losses at CPC whilst LIOC records profit
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » EXPERT CHRONICLE™ » Another untimely move by SEC - Foreign listings in Sri Lanka

Another untimely move by SEC - Foreign listings in Sri Lanka

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

dineshfernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Please note that I'm not against for IPOs or introductions. But concerned of their timing. I have stopped subscribing for IPOs sometime back.

SEC has to take immediate action to limit the number of IPOs / introductions within a time frame. Some of our investors chase behind overprices IPOs and burn their fingers. Surprisingly they never learn.
As a group we have to boycot overvalued IPOs and introductions.

The market is slowly dying day-by-day. SEC is helping it to die faster as they are going to list foreign firms at CSE. It should be the other way round where our companies must be listed abroad so that our investors will be benefited. It is like repeatedly stabbing a dying person to expedite the death.

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?nid=1109642904

You could clearly notice that on Friday 75% of the turnover was VONE and investors didn't even bother for the other undervalued shares.

People are having different views and this is my personal opinion. Please note that I'm not against for IPOs and I always avoid overpriced IPOs.


Share this post on: redditgoogle


Re: Another untimely move by SEC - Foreign listings in Sri Lanka

Dear Friends,
The SEC never learns lessons by practice. I feel that they do not have market sense. I don’t know whether they have got in to the market even for a shelter in a rain. Shall we convince to the His Excellency MR to instruct so called regulators to not to interfere with the free market. Investors have entered to the CSE having known very well that it is the most risky investment. No any other solution than this. Otherwise they will play their trumpet until the market die.
See, what they have achieved since they came to the driving sheet. How many foreign investors did they fetch down here? What happened to the indexes? How much time they change their actions? Do they want to chase away all small scale investors? We can’t expect justice from them. Shall we get together and meet MR. That is the only option available as I feel.

@bullrun,
exactly, someone should intervene to stop this destruction.billions wiped out.all these happen when country's growth rate,inflation control,interest rates,political stability are in favor of the market.there is no terrorism,no tsunamis,
.
see the difference of two regulators .bank regulator and stock regulator.
kabral has the intelligence and expertise.so financial system is stable,interest rate ,inflation under control.
but see the stock regulator set. billions wiped out,investors wiped out.this is the real example for danger of appointing "moda pahe" ,low intelligence people to high key positions.damage they do the country is immeasurable .
regarding going for shopping of foreign companies in to cse by stock regulator ,i see this is another immature work by regulator.salesman job is not regulators duty.let cse to do the selling.what we expect from regulator is level and stable play ground.

bullrun wrote:
Re: Another untimely move by SEC - Foreign listings in Sri Lanka

Dear Friends,
The SEC never learns lessons by practice. I feel that they do not have market sense. I don’t know whether they have got in to the market even for a shelter in a rain. Shall we convince to the His Excellency MR to instruct so called regulators to not to interfere with the free market. Investors have entered to the CSE having known very well that it is the most risky investment. No any other solution than this. Otherwise they will play their trumpet until the market die.
See, what they have achieved since they came to the driving sheet. How many foreign investors did they fetch down here? What happened to the indexes? How much time they change their actions? Do they want to chase away all small scale investors? We can’t expect justice from them. Shall we get together and meet MR. That is the only option available as I feel.


Hi if you were in the chair of Ms. Indrani Sugathadasa or in Malik cadar's. What would you do? What is your advice to those who regulate the market?
More credit? T+365 ? No price bands? No IPOs? Govt funds to support market? all IPOs to be made compulsory to undervalue?

It would be more interesting and useful to start a discussion as to how should the regulations be rather than JVP type hype.

According to me the worst mistake regulators did was keep on postponing credit clearance, by doing that they let the problem grow bigger and bigger. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen this onslaught now.

@bullrun,

Your idea of meeting HE Mahinda Rajapaksha is very good.can any senior person volunteer to takeup the role of convener? We will come.full support. This killing should not be allowed to continue.
These people cannot comprehend what is happening.comprehension need some intelligence.
Broker associations have already told what to be done as an advice to the SEC.I read from news papers about brokers representation.I fully agree as a trader /investor.
Only intelligent people can understand and make remedies.

Mahinda Rajapaksha recently told there are economic attacks on the country.Frankly tell me what is the worse attack than what is made to happen in CSE.Is this a case of attacks by own men and women.

Dear Tiger,

When did we have this stock market? In 2000s? It is coming from sudda’s period. Why do they want to put all barriers now? I feel that they may be a group from JVP. They want to rune everything. When did we have the best time? When did we have this nature of controllers? My feeling is that they want to do something. They do not worry about the result. Some of the countries allowed even the black money to come to the market in order to develop. But our gang is chasing all small fellows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahinda chinthana - Kill Stock market retailers, introducing rules as much as possible

Dhaka chinthana - save retailers by pumping money as much as possible

sapumal wrote:Mahinda chinthana - Kill Stock market retailers, introducing rules as much as possible

Dhaka chinthana - save retailers by pumping money as much as possible


That is why Bangladesh is such a hopeless country.

All new investors are learning things hard way. In this market last thing that you should do is to sell at the bottom or panic selling. If you are with strong companies with good past results and in low p/e no need to panic.

However if you are with weak fundermentals and bough following rallies or fantastic growth fantasies, sell off even with loss.

This is my personal belief please obtain professional advice before making your investment decision.

Tiger wrote:
sapumal wrote:Mahinda chinthana - Kill Stock market retailers, introducing rules as much as possible

Dhaka chinthana - save retailers by pumping money as much as possible


That is why Bangladesh is such a hopeless country.

All new investors are learning things hard way. In this market last thing that you should do is to sell at the bottom or panic selling. If you are with strong companies with good past results and in low p/e no need to panic.

However if you are with weak fundermentals and bough following rallies or fantastic growth fantasies, sell off even with loss.

This is my personal belief please obtain professional advice before making your investment decision.


Fundamental or non fundamental, cash not coming to the market as fast as the value coming from IPO + right issues + introduction


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum