FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Metastock in Sri Lanka

+7
smallville
samueldaniel7
Roboticfx
lokuayya
hawklk
Tenn
Metastock Sri Lanka
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:25 am

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Hey,

Just thought I'd inform everyone that I'm the Metastock dealer for Sri Lanka. I'll be selling all the products listed on their website (equis.com/Products/) at a cheaper rate. Details are in the process of being worked out (well looking at about 10-20% discount).

REAL TIME CSE data will be coming in about 6-8 weeks, and thats from Equis' Reuters servers Smile

Hope this thread is of interest.

All feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,
Metastock Sri Lanka

2Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:28 am

Tenn

Tenn
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Pls PM me the prices. Thanks

3Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:36 am

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Tenn wrote:Pls PM me the prices. Thanks

I opened this accounts a few hrs ago, havent got the "rights' to pm.

could you pm me your email and I'll mail you the prices?

Regards

4Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:38 am

hawklk

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Is promotional business activities allowed in this forum? My understanding is it is not...

5Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 am

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

hawklk wrote:Is promotional business activities allowed in this forum? My understanding is it is not...

I'm sorry if I've violated some rules. But I'm guessing this will be pretty relavant to most traders in Lanka? With real time cse data coming soon.

Hoping the mods dont take this off Smile

6Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:12 am

lokuayya

@metastock sri lanka ,i want to know whether you can offer cse real time and eod data at a affordable price.
i think if the fee is lowered there would be many subscribers for data.
presently i am paying 2500/= per month for eod data.

7Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 am

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

lokuayya wrote:
@metastock sri lanka ,i want to know whether you can offer cse real time and eod data at a affordable price.
i think if the fee is lowered there would be many subscribers for data.
presently i am paying 2500/= per month for eod data.

Real time data will be available in about 6-8 weeks, Equis promised me a time frame of about 3 months about a month ago and they've informed me that its should be available with in the said time. Real Time pricing will be available once its all set up.

When you says 2500 rupees, did you mean $25/month as quoted on the equis website? The real saving comes from buy actual software, for subscription, we can offer up to 7.5% to 10% discount on the $25/month you are paying right now.

Hope this answers all your questions

Regards,
Metastock Sri Lanka

Edit : Equis said they might be able to provide subscription only for the CSE, while will reduce subscription cost dramatically. I'll keep you posted as to how that comes about.

8Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:44 am

lokuayya

@metastock,
thanks
yes @24.90 dollars from equis for eod data .i am using other genuine software package ,but not metastock.

9Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:50 am

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

lokuayya wrote:@metastock,
thanks
yes @24.90 dollars from equis for eod data .i am using other genuine software package ,but not metastock.

What sorta discount would tempt you to buy that data from me? Any? 5%? 7-10%?

Thanks

10Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:51 am

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

hmm...Business! It's ok!
Katahari yahapathak wenawenam ekata akul helana eka narakai!

Please put the price in the post. We all are like to get know about that because genuine & non-free softwares are very expensive.

11Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:56 am

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Roboticfx wrote:hmm...Business! It's ok!
Katahari yahapathak wenawenam ekata akul helana eka narakai!

Please put the price in the post. We all are like to get know about that because genuine & non-free softwares are very expensive.

Thanks dude,

I'll post a full price guide as soon as I get everything in order but you are looking at least a good 10% off the marked price . Posted here just to see what sorta reception I'd get. Lemme know any suggestions you guys have.

Regards,
Metastock Sri Lanka

12Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:14 am

samueldaniel7

Manager - Equity Analytics

why are you paying 25USD , when you can get it free,
Metastock is useless unless you get it along with the real time data,
therefore please hold the decision to purchase the software untill they finish the realtime streaming as promised, (even i can remember equis told me 3 months one year ago)
EOD data you can get it free from the CSE website and update it on a daily basis

http://samueldaniel7.blogspot.com

13Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:28 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Normally all advertising activities will be cut off but let me keep this thread since its related to stock charting and members may have relevent interest in this area..

Sammy is correct.. why should we pay more to get EOD data when we get it at the end of day from CSE site?
So members pls dont jump into this unless you can see the realtime data.. If you're using DFN charts that's also realtime data you're dealing with..

Metastock Sri Lanka, I suggest you talk to admin "Quibit" and get a link posted somewhere for future advertising..

Also if Equity site members could get a good discount, it would be further useful if anyone interested in but at the moment I strongly suggest to wait till real time data can be obtained.. Wink

14Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:30 am

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

samueldaniel7 wrote:why are you paying 25USD , when you can get it free,
Metastock is useless unless you get it along with the real time data,
therefore please hold the decision to purchase the software untill they finish the realtime streaming as promised, (even i can remember equis told me 3 months one year ago)
EOD data you can get it free from the CSE website and update it on a daily basis

Well I dont think thats true, I've gotten a lot out of metastock with only eod data. Most experts wrork and its just a daily chart, so its pretty useful at least in my opinion. At times the daily CSE exports dont translate too well, I tend to get an error or two which usually messes up the explorer, experts and indicators, espeically if that stock hasnt traded.

Regards
Metastock Sri Lanka

15Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:35 am

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

smallville wrote:Normally all advertising activities will be cut off but let me keep this thread since its related to stock charting and members may have relevent interest in this area..

Sammy is correct.. why should we pay more to get EOD data when we get it at the end of day from CSE site?
So members pls dont jump into this unless you can see the realtime data.. If you're using DFN charts that's also realtime data you're dealing with..

Metastock Sri Lanka, I suggest you talk to admin "Quibit" and get a link posted somewhere for future advertising..

Also if Equity site members could get a good discount, it would be further useful if anyone interested in but at the moment I strongly suggest to wait till real time data can be obtained.. Wink

i use DFN but the amount of indicators and experts are pretty average. You do get the basics but thats about it. The feature I find most lacking is the explorer, lets you comb through all stocks and find exactly what you are looking for e.g. new blue or even the 3rd wave if you got the right add on Smile

I agree with real time data, it will be hell of a lot more useful. I'll keep everyone posted about the Real Time data.

Could you be more specific about what a "good" discount should be?

Regards
Metastock Sri Lanka

16Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:37 am

rm

rm
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

If u are a Direct FN user, you can download EOD data freely.

17Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:39 am

samueldaniel7

I think some one is taking us for a ride,
on Metastock Srilankas post he has mentioned
"REAL TIME CSE data will be coming in about 6-8 weeks, and thats from Equis' Reuters servers "
i find it funny because the real time service is called quote center, and the end of the day service comes from Reuters (Reuters DataLink),
Refer -> http://www.equis.com/products/data/

Lets say as he mentioned Metastock provides real time data, who is willing ot pay 135 USD / monthly for real time data,
(as you know the EOD service from Reuters data link is 24.95 USD, which you can get it free from the CSE website Very Happy

Now i have reasons to belive either some one is trying to sell some Cracked version / Un authorized software or trying to take us on a ride, lol
better move this post under the entertainment section cat

18Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:52 am

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

samueldaniel7 wrote:I think some one is taking us for a ride,
on Metastock Srilankas post he has mentioned
"REAL TIME CSE data will be coming in about 6-8 weeks, and thats from Equis' Reuters servers "
i find it funny because the real time service is called quote center, and the end of the day service comes from Reuters (Reuters DataLink),
/

Lets say as he mentioned Metastock provides real time data, who is willing ot pay 135 USD / monthly for real time data,
(as you know the EOD service from Reuters data link is 24.95 USD, which you can get it free from the CSE website Very Happy

Now i have reasons to belive either some one is trying to sell some Cracked version / Un authorized software or trying to take us on a ride, lol
better move this post under the entertainment section cat

All data provided by metastock is provided by Reuters, regardless of the time frame. Quotecentre and Metastock both can handle realtime data. Quotecentre is better equipped if you have a large watch list. So when I said Equis's Reuters server I assumed 1. everyone knew that reuters provided the data 2. I wouldnt be scrutinized to such an extent. p.s. data subscriptions cant be cracked cause its 1. password protected 2. multiple I.P login's are flagged.

I dont believe anyone going to part with their money without any leagally binding agreement.

19Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:56 am

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

Oh! It's gonna be a fight of business.

20Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm

samueldaniel7

Dude my question is simple,
even without knowing the pricing, did you became the "Dealer" for Sri lanka
and its uncertain that Equis will provide real time data or not, isnt it ?

Im 100% sure, Reuters Data link does not provide Real time Data, only End of the Day data

May be you are trying to give hopes saying Real time data will be available in 3 weeks - 4 weeks and sell the EOD package,

If you are genuine why dont you post some proof Laughing

21Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:15 pm

NimeshaJK

NimeshaJK

LOL...!!! It's war over here.. Very Happy Very Happy

http://njkentertainment.freeforums.org/index.php

22Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

samueldaniel7 wrote:Dude my question is simple,
even without knowing the pricing, did you became the "Dealer" for Sri lanka
and its uncertain that Equis will provide real time data or not, isnt it ?

Im 100% sure, Reuters Data link does not provide Real time Data, only End of the Day data

May be you are trying to give hopes saying Real time data will be available in 3 weeks - 4 weeks and sell the EOD package,

If you are genuine why dont you post some proof Laughing

I havent worked out the pricing yet, Need to sort out how much its gonna cost to ship and etc. Which is why I've been saying expect a discount of about 10% from the prices quoted in equis.com. Reuter's data link is just a name for eod data. Real time data is also provided by reuters through a program called quotecentre. Both programs use equis data servers to fetch your data. Eod through downloader and realtime through Quotecentre

And here's the proof Smile
Attachments
Metastock in Sri Lanka Attachmentmetastock dealer 6.png
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(100 Kb) Downloaded 27 times

23Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:37 pm

samueldaniel7

where does it say that you will get the real time data in 4 - 6 weeks ?

24Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Metastock Sri Lanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

samueldaniel7 wrote:where does it say that you will get the real time data in 4 - 6 weeks ?

Thats was through email correspondance.

25Metastock in Sri Lanka Empty Re: Metastock in Sri Lanka Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:49 pm

lokuayya

i used investnow.lk eod data free of charge thanks to its admin.but now it is not working.Before that i used extracting EOD data from cseweb site.Problem is i cannot get years old data and if i miss a day or two i cannot get those data from cse site.Other problem charts look useless after a share split if you do not adjust it for splits.Reuters data is split adjusted.one problem in reuters data is the ticker symbols are different from true cse ticker for some securities.eg ticker SFS in reuters data is SWRN. Singer finance ticker is SIFI whereas true ticker if SFIN.i do not know why they use it like this.

Anyway it is good that some of our members archiving old data extracted from cse web. ,hence we can get these missing data from them if we get free data from CSE.

I tried to get data from directfn ,I can export in metastock format but only one security at a time.So to export 250 securities it takes lot of time.i think if you have good software knowledge you can write some programme to export all securities data at once.
For me still i am subscribing to Reuters because of the" one click" convenience.
In a good bull market 25 dollars a month is not a big issue,But in this prolonged bear market it is a problem.i am thinking returning to my old cse data extracting method cse web.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum