FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cricket World Cup 2011

+42
ne2011
thilankad
Milindaperera
kam2011
Mahesh@CSE
san1985
pali
wallstreet
innam
chamil
THIRU
Max
StocksWatch
rosei
Sasanka De Silva
Slstock
smallville
Soundchips
Antonym
gfte
ranga
npc86
hotstock
milanka
mono
abra12
Aamiable
sapumal
Quibit
jkhdimo
optimistic
SmartMoney
UKboy
ShareShares
micky
MarketResearch
xmart
kiri
Meta Trader
Monster
mark
Rocky
46 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

21Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Meta Trader

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

mark wrote:ayyo........we lost at last................ Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
frankly speaking both team gave a good match to watch Very Happy Very Happy but our people need more improvement for sure Mad Mad Mad Mad

22Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Monster

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Pakistan beated us 7th time in the world cup. But finally enjoyed a wonderful match. Better luck for coming matches.

23Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:14 pm

mark

Expert
Expert

Meta Trader wrote:
frankly speaking both team gave a good match to watch Very Happy Very Happy but our people need more improvement for sure Mad Mad Mad Mad

mmmmmmmm.......ya a good battle until last ball.......the problem was that there is no big hitters in depth............. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad ...............

24Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:16 pm

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

mark wrote:
Meta Trader wrote:

mmmmmmmm.......ya a good battle until last ball.......the problem was that there is no big hitters in depth............. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad ...............

One day combination would have made a difference. Strike bowler like Lasith Malnga and aggressive middle order batsmen like Chamara Kapugethera would have changed the scenario. We were playing 50 over game rather than test cricket. Anyway the run rate is all right. If we were on the top of the group next stage would have been much easier. Wish them all the best in next game.

25Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 pm

UKboy

hybrid_OS wrote:Hope we can have fun now: 6:45 p.m. Upul and Dilshan!

Sri Lanka always always fails to win against Pakistan on big occasions. Hope things get better

26Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

ShareShares wrote:
mark wrote:
Meta Trader wrote:

One day combination would have made a difference. Strike bowler like Lasith Malnga and aggressive middle order batsmen like Chamara Kapugethera would have changed the scenario. We were playing 50 over game rather than test cricket. Anyway the run rate is all right. If we were on the top of the group next stage would have been much easier. Wish them all the best in next game.

yep Very Happy
only thing we can do is wish them all the best Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

27Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:20 pm

micky

micky
Manager - Equity Analytics

i think we must win against ausi, otherwise we ll be in trouble. Sad

28Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:24 pm

ShareShares

Meta Trader wrote:
ShareShares wrote:
mark wrote:
Meta Trader wrote:

yep Very Happy
only thing we can do is wish them all the best Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Anyway, Pakistan was the best fielding side observed in the Word cup so far. They missed only 2 catches and 8 run out chances.

29Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:27 pm

SmartMoney

SmartMoney
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

kiri wrote:දුක තමා රංජනී. Crying or Very sad i will not sleep until SL win.

Ohh boy, you gonna stay awake until Tuesday for the kenya match ?? drunken Shocked Surprised
I feel sorry for you bro, jocolor

30Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:28 pm

optimistic

optimistic

first of all, thisara perera shouldnt have bowled during the depth when Pakistani batsmen were at full swing. he lacks experience bowling towards the end and cant handle the pressure. he costed to about 30 runs from 2 overs. To start our innings with, our batsment never looked up to the occasion. From the shots they played, it showed their lack of confidence. there were numerous outside edges, inside edges, balls just missing the edge of the bat, stumpings and etc. This was really amateurish cricket from our team. And then when the wickets started the tumble, they forgot to rotate the strike, specially chamara silva. And then the pressure built on. Neither Sanga nor Silva are big hitters. And they couldnt keep up to the asking rate. Batting powerplay was all a waste. In the end the loss was invitable though Nuwan Kulasekara just gave us a glimpse of Sri Lanka victory. Hard Luck Sad . To come so close and lose it. Hope we'll win the games to follow. With this loss, we're going to the Australia match under pressure. Lasith Malinga, please be fit for next saturday!

31Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:29 pm

micky

micky

kenya? affraid dnt u guys remember 1999??? SL vs Kenya? " maara parajaya"

32Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

SmartMoney wrote:

Ohh boy, you gonna stay awake until Tuesday for the kenya match ?? drunken Shocked Surprised

lol! lol! lol!

33Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 pm

optimistic

optimistic

micky wrote:kenya? affraid dnt u guys remember 1999??? SL vs Kenya? " maara parajaya"

yep. we remember Smile . actually this was in 2003 in my knowledge.

34Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:35 pm

ShareShares

Hotel shares and dialog TV shares can go up. These discussions are also relevant.

35Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:47 pm

micky

micky

optimistic wrote:
micky wrote:kenya? affraid dnt u guys remember 1999??? SL vs Kenya? " maara parajaya"

yep. we remember Smile . actually this was in 2003 in my knowledge.

ya may be, not sure.

36Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:51 pm

optimistic

optimistic

Hotels, yes. Dialog, not a great possibility. Dialog has been stagnant in this price range for as long as I could remember. I cant understand why this is not moving. Also people would not purchase a dialog tv connection just to watch the world cup matches because it is telecasted on eye channel as well. Installation fee itself is some Rs. 9000.

37Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:07 am

jkhdimo

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

SmartMoney wrote:

OMG Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

38Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:20 am

Quibit

Pakistan on its way to take the world cup home.
Although I support Sri Lanka. My bets are with Pakistan.

Reasons For:
Conditions similar to their home conditions.
Not under pressure.
Battered and battled hardened community that truly deserve something to celebrate.
Talented and gutty cricketers under the leadership of Afridi (Not Gaddaphi)

Reasons Against:
Bookies may play a big role!!! Very Happy

39Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:01 am

optimistic

optimistic

Quibit wrote:Pakistan on its way to take the world cup home.
Although I support Sri Lanka. My bets are with Pakistan.

Reasons For:
Conditions similar to their home conditions.
Not under pressure.
Battered and battled hardened community that truly deserve something to celebrate.
Talented and gutty cricketers under the leadership of Afridi (Not Gaddaphi)

Reasons Against:
Bookies may play a big role!!! Very Happy

Agreed. Nobody ever thought Pakistan to be favorites. But they are silent assasins. Who thought they were going to win the T20 international world cup against SL after having got defeated by SL itself in the 1st round.

40Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:22 am

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

I am really disappointing about SL performance. Now world cup dreams are fading. I don't think we can win the world cup. We are not ready

SL has no plan from selectors to the coaches and players

They hadn't done a good analyze about the pitch. It was a good pitch and even wasn't difficult to bat second.
SL played with extra batsmen (problem is we can't say they are batsmen even selectors think they are batmen) on a super bating pitch.
SL middle order never learn to take singles when they new to the wickets.
They has to go with a extra batsmen instead of using Tissara as an all rounder. I prefer to see 3 spinners in upcoming matches in Colombo

This is my team and this is my batting order for the rest of the matches. what do you think

Tharanga
Dilshan
Sangakkara
Mathews ( he is responsible and intelligent to play at this position)
Mahela
Kandamby ( he is not in the 15 due to poor fielding performance. Does team desperately need a good middle order batsmen or a fielder at this position)
Kula
Randeev (He is tall,has a good variation and difficult to hit against him)
Malinga
Murali
Dilhara/Mendis/Herath depending on the pitch

41Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:05 pm

optimistic

optimistic

sapumal wrote:I am really disappointing about SL performance. Now world cup dreams are fading. I don't think we can win the world cup. We are not ready

SL has no plan from selectors to the coaches and players

They hadn't done a good analyze about the pitch. It was a good pitch and even wasn't difficult to bat second.
SL played with extra batsmen (problem is we can't say they are batsmen even selectors think they are batmen) on a super bating pitch.
SL middle order never learn to take singles when they new to the wickets.
They has to go with a extra batsmen instead of using Tissara as an all rounder. I prefer to see 3 spinners in upcoming matches in Colombo

This is my team and this is my batting order for the rest of the matches. what do you think

Tharanga
Dilshan
Sangakkara
Mathews ( he is responsible and intelligent to play at this position)
Mahela
Kandamby ( he is not in the 15 due to poor fielding performance. Does team desperately need a good middle order batsmen or a fielder at this position)
Kula
Randeev (He is tall,has a good variation and difficult to hit against him)
Malinga
Murali
Dilhara/Mendis/Herath depending on the pitch

I would leave out Kandamby. He is not a clean hitter. Looks edgy from the time he comes to the wicket. Almost all the matches i've seen him play, he played on because opposition gave him chances. And being a big guy, he couldnt hit a six to save his life.

I would also not pick Mendis. His days are gone. Even Canada played him quite well. He may be effective in 20/20. He is also not a good fielder.

And I will not choose Dilhara as well. Despite his experience, his constant no balls still keep coming. He is all over the pitch. No discipline in line and length.

Instead I would pick Herath and Randiv. Both have performed well in the recent times.

Mathews should come 4 down. Samaraweera still earns the place in my team. He can stabilize a collapse in the top order, though he failed yesterday.

Kapugedara is a hitter, unlike Silva but Silva is more mature. He really needs to get out of his test match game though

42Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 pm

sapumal

Why I include Kandambi is he can score singles when he came to wicket. he is a good timer and he can place the ball well
Problem I saw with Thilan is he can't score singles even he is good in defense.
Chamara silva, he can't play straight shots for fast bowlers. Very funny a batmen playing for SL who can't play straight shots
Kapu : 3,4 years before I thought he will play a big role. But Selectors #####
Kapu has to be included in Test matches. He will fix his technical weakness if he given a chance in Test matches

43Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:32 pm

sapumal

optimistic wrote:
Agreed. Nobody ever thought Pakistan to be favorites. But they are silent assasins. Who thought they were going to win the T20 international world cup against SL after having got defeated by SL itself in the 1st round.

Pakistan won't be a big challenge. All the batting depend on Misbah and Yunis Khan. Bowling it is Afridi

44Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:30 pm

ShareShares

sapumal wrote:Why I include Kandambi is he can score singles when he came to wicket. he is a good timer and he can place the ball well
Chamara silva, he can't play straight shots for fast bowlers. Very funny a batmen playing for SL who can't play straight shots
Kapu has to be included in Test matches. He will fix his technical weakness if he given a chance in Test matches

Yes we need to select a one day team rather than a test squad. He always comes to the crease in last few overs that is the reason why he has so many unbeaten fifties. He never get enough overs to score a century. His role is to increase the run rate never given a chance to build up an innings. Bowlers also, SL one day squad need strike bowlers who take few crucial wickets under difficult conditions.

45Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm

ShareShares

optimistic wrote:Hotels, yes. Dialog, not a great possibility. Dialog has been stagnant in this price range for as long as I could remember. I cant understand why this is not moving. Also people would not purchase a dialog tv connection just to watch the world cup matches because it is telecasted on eye channel as well. Installation fee itself is some Rs. 9000.

Dialog TV (Earlier CBN sat) is charging an additional fee for the ESPN and Star criket while it is shown free in the eye channel. They must be making lot of profits.

46Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Rocky

Rocky

Must have a talk with QB for siding Pakistan. Need to pick a bone! Laughing

47Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Aamiable

ShareShares wrote:
sapumal wrote:Why I include Kandambi is he can score singles when he came to wicket. he is a good timer and he can place the ball well

Yes we need to select a one day team rather than a test squad. He always comes to the crease in last few overs that is the reason why he has so many unbeaten fifties. He never get enough overs to score a century. His role is to increase the run rate never given a chance to build up an innings. Bowlers also, SL one day squad need strike bowlers who take few crucial wickets under difficult conditions.

It is not possible to change the list now. We should be able to send the best one day combination from the existing players. We saw some players were seated and relaxing near the pavilion while we were struggling to chase a total in a crucial one day encounter. Pakistan cannot win the tournament, they are not up to the standards. There are so many better teams SL also can win if we send the best combination in the correct order.

48Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:32 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

SUCH POSTS LIKE THIS ARE GREAT........
this forum is great..everything in it......
jokes,cricket,poems,good guys,bad guys,knowledge.............all in one...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

49Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Aamiable

mark wrote:SUCH POSTS LIKE THIS ARE GREAT........
jokes,cricket,poems,good guys,bad guys,knowledge.............all in one...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not only guys . Ladies also seem to be here.

50Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:37 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Aamiable wrote:
mark wrote:SUCH POSTS LIKE THIS ARE GREAT........

Not only guys . Ladies also seem to be here.

who?.........except QUIBI? scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum