FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quiz! Quiz! Quiz!

+13
smallville
rijayasooriya
Kumar
innam
Academic
LongTerm
Rajaraam
UKboy
hariesha
Tiger
Antonym
sriranga
Rajitha
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Kumar

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

My answer is Malwatte plantation non voting share.

22Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:54 pm

rijayasooriya

innam wrote:Purely going by the guy who posted the question, the answer has to be KGAL.
Correctly said....!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

23Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:38 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

rijayasooriya wrote:
innam wrote:Purely going by the guy who posted the question, the answer has to be KGAL.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

24Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Rajitha

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

this is a perfect example of the state this forum is in now!
Not a single person have mentioned the most fundamentaly sound and lowest PE ratio company in CSE!
Then go on and talk about people picking crappy shares and promoted stuff! I highly recommend specially the coloured people to find their heads from where they stuck and go do some research about CSE than wasting time here!

25Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

[quote="smallville"]
rijayasooriya wrote:

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil [/quot

KGAL last 6 months EPS is 11.53.Annualised EPS 23.o6. Market price 99. So PE is 4.29. DIMO and ALLI are much better

26Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Kumar

Kumar

Rajitha wrote: this is a perfect example of the state this forum is in now!
Not a single person have mentioned the most fundamentaly sound and lowest PE ratio company in CSE!
Then go on and talk about people picking crappy shares and promoted stuff! I highly recommend specially the coloured people to find their heads from where they stuck and go do some research about CSE than wasting time here!

OK then release your answer.

27Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:20 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Rajitha wrote:I'm bored glancing past all the same stupid posts here! So I thought I'll ask a simple question and see how many people here know the answer!

What company has the best trailing PE in CSE ? (Here is a chance for all the fundamental promoters to show their colours! )

*hi,do u remmbr my WATA post? I said its ovrvalud,bt u tld its fairly valud..whn its at 30 or ovr i thnk..so u wrong at my analysis.

*its nt gud 2 blame othrs wit hvng less exprnce in CSE.i knw u r less exprncd.

*im nt consdrng PE,I cnsdr the shares which holds its ground in bloody rainy days.i nvr bought DIMO evn wit knwng its value,bcz crowd or players dnt lyk such shares.
*can you provide an analyse of ur prfrd share if you challange the exprncd guy who also my guru.

*my choice is CINS and CTC.. I bet you on these counters..

*stil im inexprncd,so i may be wrong..

28Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Rajaraam

mark wrote:
Rajitha wrote:I'm bored glancing past all the same stupid posts here! So I thought I'll ask a simple question and see how many people here know the answer!

What company has the best trailing PE in CSE ? (Here is a chance for all the fundamental promoters to show their colours! )

*hi,do u remmbr my WATA post? I said its ovrvalud,bt u tld its fairly valud..whn its at 30 or ovr i thnk..so u wrong at my analysis.

*its nt gud 2 blame othrs wit hvng less exprnce in CSE.i knw u r less exprncd.

*im nt consdrng PE,I cnsdr the shares which holds its ground in bloody rainy days.i nvr bought DIMO evn wit knwng its value,bcz crowd or players dnt lyk such shares.
*can you provide an analyse of ur prfrd share if you challange the exprncd guy who also my guru.

*my choice is CINS and CTC.. I bet you on these counters..

*stil im inexprncd,so i may be wrong..

WELL SAID mark. Rajitha says all other mambers are not educated enough to deal shares. Only he is educated. OK good. But Unfortunately we didn't take his observations seriously. Otherwise we could have bought wata at 30/- KGAL at 200/- etc. to make some money.

29Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Rajaraam

I think this is a good advise for yourself.

30Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:30 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Anyway what is the big deal is people gave a different answer? They tried. We are all learning.

Rajitha, I wish you are more modest at times. I like you nice post but bad comment. This is synonymous to inviting people to you house and then insulting : asking a question and when the answer is different ridicule. I hope that you be more modest if you want to get replies to your post.

Anyway,

Even if we identify can you buy shares of this "Kalu Nika" company at the last traded market price? If so I want to buy 10% of the holding of it. 500 shares will get you to top 20. Only 200 shares traded from Feb 2010. I last saw 100 shares of this creature being traded about 6-7 months ago.

Above description is for OFEQ.

NAV is over RS 400 I think.
Last 12month EPS should be in high 160s. ( last december think was a loss)
Last traded around Rs 120 ( 100 shares as mentioned above)
So with last 12 month earnings per share, trailing PE is below 0.75

Even after my description , maybe my answer could be different from Rajitha.

If one can find a better PE , I would be glad to hear about as it could have skipped my memory or I could have completely missed it.

Aren't we all here to learn from each other aren't we?

Last edited by slstock on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

31Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:19 am

chamith

chamith

yeap ! its OFEQ i think.
I really wonder why they even pay CSE listing fee every year...

32Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:32 am

Rajitha

Rajitha

slstock wrote:

Anyway what is the big deal is people gave a different answer? They tried. We are all learning.

Rajitha, I wish you are more modest at times. I like you nice post but bad comment. This is synonymous to inviting people to you house and then insulting : asking a question and when the answer is different ridicule. I hope that you be more modest if you want to get replies to your post.

As some of you can't seems to read my replies and grasp whom I replied to,
rijayasooriya wrote:
Don;t you think they are doing a great job as moderators! I do feel privileged to be a part of a form with moderators like this! Its liek only share I posted here was about KGAL! Some people I know have memory loss and don't have high mental capacity still though I expect a tad more from a moderator here!
Anyway I do seriously sometimes consider WTF bother posting here!

MY bad go on and discuss whats share will go up tomorrow or if ASI will go up or down next 1-2 days! IF not you always can moan or botch about the market!

33Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

It is better if some forum members come to the term that, now it is the time to dismount from the “I Only Know All” horse and treating others as equals and with respect. Shocked

34Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Kithsiri wrote:It is better if some forum members come to the term that, now it is the time to dismount from the “I Only Know All” horse and treating others as equals and with respect. Shocked
Don't say it like that kithsiri.Who are we to say like that?
We must respect most experienced, most knowledgeable,most wise and bla..bla...bla...guy in the forum.
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

35Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Kumar

Kumar

I couldn't get the answer from the comments made by each and everyone. ( May be I'm not that much sharp?)
So Rajitha can you tell me what is the answer?

36Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Kumar wrote:I couldn't get the answer from the comments made by each and everyone. ( May be I'm not that much sharp?)

OFEQ

37Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Kumar

Kumar

Rajitha wrote:
Kumar wrote:I couldn't get the answer from the comments made by each and everyone. ( May be I'm not that much sharp?)

OFEQ
Thanks

38Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Kumar

Kumar

@rajitha
Please tell me how much the trailing PE?

39Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Kumar

Kumar

No answer from your part.

Please note when some one want to calculate P/E or Trailing P/E he needs to consider current share price,Not the last traded price around 8 months back.

Logically your answer may be correct, but if we agree we'll be fooled.
Good luck

Definition of 'Price-Earnings Ratio - P/E Ratio'
A valuation ratio of a company's current share price compared to its per-share earnings.

Calculated as:

Market Value per Share
Earnings per Share (EPS)

For example, if a company is currently trading at $43 a share and earnings over the last 12 months were $1.95 per share, the P/E ratio for the stock would be 22.05 ($43/$1.95).

EPS is usually from the last four quarters (trailing P/E), but sometimes it can be taken from the estimates of earnings expected in the next four quarters (projected or forward P/E). A third variation uses the sum of the last two actual quarters and the estimates of the next two quarters.

Also sometimes known as "price multiple" or "earnings multiple".

Investopedia explains 'Price-Earnings Ratio - P/E Ratio'
In general, a high P/E suggests that investors are expecting higher earnings growth in the future compared to companies with a lower P/E. However, the P/E ratio doesn't tell us the whole story by itself. It's usually more useful to compare the P/E ratios of one company to other companies in the same industry, to the market in general or against the company's own historical P/E. It would not be useful for investors using the P/E ratio as a basis for their investment to compare the P/E of a technology company (high P/E) to a utility company (low P/E) as each industry has much different growth prospects.

The P/E is sometimes referred to as the "multiple", because it shows how much investors are willing to pay per dollar of earnings. If a company were currently trading at a multiple (P/E) of 20, the interpretation is that an investor is willing to pay $20 for $1 of current earnings.

It is important that investors note an important problem that arises with the P/E measure, and to avoid basing a decision on this measure alone. The denominator (earnings) is based on an accounting measure of earnings that is susceptible to forms of manipulation, making the quality of the P/E only as good as the quality of the underlying earnings number.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/price-earningsratio.asp#ixzz1gtXYAUeu

40Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Rajaraam

kumar,

I fully agree with your comment.For the last 12months only 100 shares have been sold. If somebody sells now that will be a very high price. That indicates the ordeer book. What we are interested are shares those are trading at present. As you correcly said you cant calculate PE for OFEQ as you cant find a current market price.

It is realy a waste of time. Good for entertainment.

41Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Kumar

Kumar

Rajaraam wrote:

kumar,

I fully agree with your comment.For the last 12months only 100 shares have been sold. If somebody sells now that will be a very high price. That indicates the ordeer book. What we are interested are shares those are trading at present. As you correcly said you cant calculate PE for OFEQ as you cant find a current market price.

It is realy a waste of time. Good for entertainment.

Agreed.
Thanks.

42Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Quiz! Quiz! Quiz! Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:01 pm

smallville

smallville

Slstock was the first one to point this out..

Well the million dollar question is; even if you managed to get 100 shares of this magical company OFEQ, whats the point?
Would you be happy holding onto this for 4-5 years? and receiving 3000-4000 each year as dividends? Well not a bad idea though since the investment is only 12000-18000 u can forget this ever existed in your profile..

However, here's a summery of OFEQ performance if any1 interested;

YOY, Office Equipment PLC. has been able to grow revenues from 70.7M to 94.9M. Most impressively, the company has been able to reduce the percentage of sales devoted to cost of goods sold from 60.24% to 56.19%. This was a driver that led to a bottom line growth from 4.1M to 9.8M.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=ofeq:SL

Dividend history;
2010/2011 - Rs.30.00 per share / Final Dividend
2009/2010 - Rs.12.50 per share Final Dividend
2008/2009 :- Rs. 15.00 per share - Final Dividend
2007/2008 : Rs.2.00 per share Final Dividend

Trades;
Date Volume Trades P.Close High Low Close
2005-06-02 100 50.00 40.00 40.00 40.00
2007-02-02 400 60.00 80.25 80.25 80.25
2010-02-02 100 80.25 80.25 80.25 80.25
2011-05-13 100 80.30 120.40 120.40 120.40

Note : I honestly think this is good for mathematics to see whether ur better than a grade 5 student in calculating...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum