FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yanne koheda? Innene koheda?

+12
stumpy
aj
laka
Genting
smallville
Malika1990
Academic
UKboy
ccsentha
opfdo
sriranga
Stockmate
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Stockmate

Manager - Equity Analytics

Some people here are very hopeful about a strong bull market. They advised us not to miss the opportunity to collect at the bottom. I don't know whether they collected. But I did not collect as I have my own view based on my own analysis. Some of them I published in this forum. They made some people very angry. Some times they used inferior language and insulted too. I just wanted to share what I see. I thought that they will be useful to one person at least.
Those who read my old posts months ago knows I said that market may fall to 4800 level in worst scenario.
Now what I can say is that it is more likely than before. The new credit rule helped the market to swell by 5 billion credit. Credit must be supported by real money. Without sufficient inflow of real cash credit worsens the situation. It happened today. So the fall may be faster and deeper.Those who have a vision about the movement of the CSE exited. That means more real money was withdrawn from the market. I also had been stucked with some speculated stocks as a result of a failed day trading due to a system failure few weeks ago. I got a chance to sell it with a small profit.Foreign selling is still higher than buying. Today foreign buying 146,860,660m selling 222,414,606m.

But now I am more confident that the market is going to fall to 4800-5400 level in coming months/weeks. I do not expect a real bull run in the first half of 2012. We have to pass another bear market rally before areal recovery. The peak of that bear market rally will be below or close to 6000.
Don't believe in experts or expert opinions. There are no experts in stock market. The day you believe that you are an expert is the end of your success.
Now I am happy about one thing. It is that technicals are sound enough and to protect ourselves.

Good luck.

Last edited by Stockmate on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed the post title)

2Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:04 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Need to agree with you.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

3Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 pm

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics

mate this is all about confidence, isn't it ???? see your words..... it shows the lack of confidence. hopeless. you know my friend life moves with expectations. Expectation drives the life. We need expectations to our life as well as to the CSE too. do not give up friend. Smile

4Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:20 pm

ccsentha

Stockmate wrote:Some people here are very hopeful about a strong bull market. They advised us not to miss the opportunity to collect at the bottom. I don't know whether they collected. But I did not collect as I have my own view based on my own analysis. Some of them I published in this forum. They made some people very angry. Some times they used inferior language and insulted too. I just wanted to share what I see. I thought that they will be useful to one person at least.
Those who read my old posts months ago knows I said that market may fall to 4800 level in worst scenario.
Now what I can say is that it is more likely than before. The new credit rule helped the market to swell by 5 billion credit. Credit must be supported by real money. Without sufficient inflow of real cash credit worsens the situation. It happened today. So the fall may be faster and deeper.Those who have a vision about the movement of the CSE exited. That means more real money was withdrawn from the market. I also had been stucked with some speculated stocks as a result of a failed day trading due to a system failure few weeks ago. I got a chance to sell it with a small profit.Foreign selling is still higher than buying. Today foreign buying 146,860,660m selling 222,414,606m.

But now I am more confident that the market is going to fall to 4800-5400 level in coming months/weeks. I do not expect a real bull run in the first half of 2012. We have to pass another bear market rally before areal recovery. The peak of that bear market rally will be below or close to 6000.
Don't believe in experts or expert opinions. There are no experts in stock market. The day you believe that you are an expert is the end of your success.
Now I am happy about one thing. It is that technicals are sound enough and to protect ourselves.

Good luck.

Good post....seems to be logical too....

5Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Stockmate

@ Osmand
You are terribly and mournfully wrong. Confidence has no role in things we can not control. Stock market behaves on its own and your confidence can not control it. Then what we have to do is to understand the movement of the market and act accordingly.
You have taken my post by the tail.
Today I got rid of some shares that worth 1.5M without considerable profit as I wanted to protect my capital .I did so as I am CONFIDENT enough about what my my technical reveals me. That's my confidence. If I had not that confidence I would have lost 13M by now.But I was confident about my understanding ( Not about the market) and sold every thing by last July.

But you tell me to be confidant and hang around. But you are free to be confident about the market and hang around. But that is not confidence. I say that is" YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO"

6Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm

ccsentha

Stockmate wrote:@ Osmand
You are terribly and mournfully wrong. Confidence has no role in things we can not control. Stock market behaves on its own and your confidence can not control it. Then what we have to do is to understand the movement of the market and act accordingly.
You have taken my post by the tail.
Today I got rid of some shares that worth 1.5M without considerable profit as I wanted to protect my capital .I did so as I am CONFIDENT enough about what my my technical reveals me. That's my confidence. If I had not that confidence I would have lost 13M by now.But I was confident about my understanding ( Not about the market) and sold every thing by last July.

But you tell me to be confidant and hang around. But you are free to be confident about the market and hang around. But that is not confidence. I say that is" YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO"

If you don't mind, Could you share your technical analysis??

7Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:55 am

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dear Stockmate

I wanted (million times) to comment on your recent topics but somehow managed to keep my mouth shut.
The only thing I can say I feel really sorry for whoever went against you last few weeks.

I can see... ...Surely you will survive. Wink Thats the most important thing in a market like CSE.

Thanks for all your topics.

Good luck for the rest of the members

8Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:56 am

Stockmate

@ ccsentha
Surely. Give me a day or two. I am extremely busy these days.

9Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:42 am

Academic

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I would say stock market is all about confidence. More correctly collective confidence. If this confidence is based on mere emotions/feelings, it lives short. If collective confidence is based on solid facts and arguments, it lasts long. That is why fundamental analysis is important for an investor/market.

10Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 am

Malika1990

Malika1990

Stockmate wrote:Some people here are very hopeful about a strong bull market. They advised us not to miss the opportunity to collect at the bottom. I don't know whether they collected. But I did not collect as I have my own view based on my own analysis. Some of them I published in this forum. They made some people very angry. Some times they used inferior language and insulted too. I just wanted to share what I see. I thought that they will be useful to one person at least.

Good luck.

Agree Good post Very Happy

11Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:09 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

osmand wrote:mate this is all about confidence, isn't it ???? see your words..... it shows the lack of confidence. hopeless. you know my friend life moves with expectations. Expectation drives the life. We need expectations to our life as well as to the CSE too. do not give up friend. Smile

All these expectations have driven us to extremes and now we moan for good news, more and more SEC carrots to see a bull market.. Its just a hope..

What we have these days is a gut feeling that counters we follow would go up.. But if the circumstances permit, we should get out and stay on cash..

Do not think these artificial money can drive a maket to new highs, those are gonna fail at previous resistance points due to seling pressure..

Smart money is on a last attempt to get out.. Wise men should not be suckers..

12Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:03 am

Genting

Good luck.

If people loose confidence and start selling, this is what is going to happen. And true, new credit will make it worse. I 100% agree with you. Then, this credit grant going to be a bad move. But I don't think it may happen soon.

However, if the market perception becomes positive, this new credit may drive the market till big investors and funds come in. Then, this credit grant going to be a good move.

All we can do is act prudently.

13Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:11 am

laka

laka
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thanks stock mate..

This is not a confidence problem. This is a liquidity problem. so we can't find our foot till foreign inflows come...Our day dreamers will eventually understand this. IMO next supportive level would be 5400 - 5500.

14Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:45 am

aj

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Don't you think foreign funds would be buying our shares if they're really attractive, undervalued, at bargained prices? Why do you think they're not buying? Colombo shares are over expensive even today. The reason is there is no consistent growth or direction in the business for the price you pay. Blame the directors.

15Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:35 am

stumpy

stumpy

Damn it!
Stockmate, you're becoming a genius!

16Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:49 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Stockmate thanks a lot. Keep up the good work.

17Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:54 am

raa

Stock mate is collecting a fan base now Razz... good post again.

The thing with introducing credit into the system is that the big beneficieries get it and pass it off to others, usually the less fortunate. At the end of the day somebody has to pay up and you can guess who that usually ends up being...

In relation to confidence... our market is stretched to the point that an improvement in confidence will stop the down trend. Confidence alone is not enough though, it needs to translate into new money... As most players and as stockmate has said are holding on to cash till they think the market attractive is enough to enter again.

Again, I have my reservations on the market falling below 5000 levels. On current technicals, it may look that way, but as time goes by you'll have to periodically update your prediction to account for changes in trends and macroeconomic factors that may influence the market. Basically, your right until you re-correct yourself cos you'd probably be right again Very Happy... haha

Currently 4800 support by year end.
5800 is current resistance... 5600 (or just below) will be the next, then around 5200 on current pattern.

18Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:45 pm

mra

mra

okkoma Yanne Dewale, apith Yanne ewale.............

19Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:47 pm

mra

mra

aj wrote:Don't you think foreign funds would be buying our shares if they're really attractive, undervalued, at bargained prices? Why do you think they're not buying? Colombo shares are over expensive even today. The reason is there is no consistent growth or direction in the business for the price you pay. Blame the directors.

looks sensible..and true

20Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Empty Re: Yanne koheda? Innene koheda? Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Light of Hope

Agreed stockmate keep up the good analysis and don't quit the forum, just because some been rude to you. we have already lost many good, genuine members and their views.

keep it up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum